TTC #1 & Looking for Buddies

WeebabyMama

Reaction score
Hi fellow TTC-ers :winkwink:

So, I'm 28 and me and my husband are TTC #1. I'm currently on cd5 and in our third cycle. Hubby and I are following the SMEP plan, using OPKs, using FF to track symptoms, and I'm trying to give temping a serious shot this cycle (it was really hard last month due to traveling and being on vacation and I eventually just gave up on it). No one ever tells you how much work goes into TTC! Last month, I was so sure I had to be preggo because we did everything just right. Ha! :rofl:

All jokes aside, I was truly crushed when I realized it was a :bfn: again. Hubby is supportive, but let's be honest, he can't truly understand how hard it is on the minds and bodies of us ladies going through all this. I struggle with anxiety and think just having people to talk to who can truly understand will help. So here I am... just a girl, standing in front of a forum, asking it to help her keep her tenuous grasp on sanity.

Interested?

L
Hello fellow TTC #1 :3

Hi there! I've seen you around the TTC forums CowgirlBaby. How's it going?

Going okay. Waiting to see if I get my BFP. I am currently 6 days late, no sign of AF showing up. But when I tested Wednesday got a BFN. So ima test on Monday and if still no gonna have blood drawn. Hbu?
Boo! That sucks. Having a late AF and no BFP is the worst of both worlds. I went through that last cycle and it was agitating to say the least. Hopefully a BFP is still in the works for you this cycle.

As for me, just taking AF week as a chance to relax and not worry about TTC. I know that next week it'll be back to OPKs and CP/CM tracking and BD-ing, so enjoying the peace while it lasts haha

L
Hello fellow TTC #1 :3

Hi there! I've seen you around the TTC forums CowgirlBaby. How's it going?

Going okay. Waiting to see if I get my BFP. I am currently 6 days late, no sign of AF showing up. But when I tested Wednesday got a BFN. So ima test on Monday and if still no gonna have blood drawn. Hbu?
Boo! That sucks. Having a late AF and no BFP is the worst of both worlds. I went through that last cycle and it was agitating to say the least. Hopefully a BFP is still in the works for you this cycle.

As for me, just taking AF week as a chance to relax and not worry about TTC. I know that next week it'll be back to OPKs and CP/CM tracking and BD-ing, so enjoying the peace while it lasts haha

Haha I get that all too well. Enjoy the peace well it lasts! It I don't get my BFP this cycle I have to wait till midway through Feb to try again cause that's when I see my other half next. He lives in NYC right now lol makes TTC a pain xD

I am currently CD7. TTC #2 this month will be Cycle 5 of trying. I go through the same with my other half. While he is very supportive and can not wait to get a BFP, i still don't think he understands the entirety of the process and how our minds are when it comes to it. Lol.
When it comes to The TWW i think of it non-stop while he doesn't let it sit on his mind for too long. I didn't think it would take so long to conceive so the last few cycles have been extremely stressful for me but i have to try to remember its only cycle 5 and i had a IUD for 2 years before having it removed to try.

Hi all - I'm 26 and I've been trying to conceive for a year now with my partner of 8 years. I went through a period where I felt incredibly discouraged like I would never get to experience becoming a mother. I'm at a place now where I feel like when it is meant to happen, it will happen. I'm happy with where my life is at and grateful for the people I keep close. It still hurts seeing everyone I know become parents while I wait my turn, and it would be nice to converse with people going through the same.

We'll all get our experiences some day! I think I'm calling it for this cycle. Unless I somehow got my dates mixed up. I don't temp or use OPK'd especially cause I was not expecting to see my partner in december. 22 dpo cd 38. No AF or signs of her. Only thing I can't explain is the two days of light pink/brown spotting, the stomach pain/pressure in my lower abdomen uterus area, and the pressure/pain on my hips.

So I think I'm calling it for this cycle. Keep getting BFN's and no where in my city does blood tests. So here's to hoping for the Feburary/March Cycle!

Hey! I am TTC number 1 with my fiancé as well. I would definitely be interested in a buddy while doing this..~

HI all! I'm TTC #1 with my hubby too! Currently on CD10, using OPKs for the first time this month. Hope I'll catch that surge and have :bfp: soon!

:dust: to all :)

I am currently CD7. TTC #2 this month will be Cycle 5 of trying. I go through the same with my other half. While he is very supportive and can not wait to get a BFP, i still don't think he understands the entirety of the process and how our minds are when it comes to it. Lol.
When it comes to The TWW i think of it non-stop while he doesn't let it sit on his mind for too long. I didn't think it would take so long to conceive so the last few cycles have been extremely stressful for me but i have to try to remember its only cycle 5 and i had a IUD for 2 years before having it removed to try.

Hi all - I'm 26 and I've been trying to conceive for a year now with my partner of 8 years. I went through a period where I felt incredibly discouraged like I would never get to experience becoming a mother. I'm at a place now where I feel like when it is meant to happen, it will happen. I'm happy with where my life is at and grateful for the people I keep close. It still hurts seeing everyone I know become parents while I wait my turn, and it would be nice to converse with people going through the same.

Hey! I am TTC number 1 with my fiancé as well. I would definitely be interested in a buddy while doing this..~

We'll all get our experiences some day! I think I'm calling it for this cycle. Unless I somehow got my dates mixed up. I don't temp or use OPK'd especially cause I was not expecting to see my partner in december. 22 dpo cd 38. No AF or signs of her. Only thing I can't explain is the two days of light pink/brown spotting, the stomach pain/pressure in my lower abdomen uterus area, and the pressure/pain on my hips.

So I think I'm calling it for this cycle. Keep getting BFN's and no where in my city does blood tests. So here's to hoping for the Feburary/March Cycle!

HI all! I'm TTC #1 with my hubby too! Currently on CD10, using OPKs for the first time this month. Hope I'll catch that surge and have :bfp: soon!

:dust: to all :)

Firstly, I didn't think ppl would actually respond to this thread so I'm super psyched about that.:happydance:

keepfaith17 I blame sex ed and biology classes. No one ever really knows how hard it actually is to have a baby until they try to do it on purpose. Sex education (and my mother lol) basically had me thinking anytime a man looked at me too hard I could get pregnant. Cue my utter dismay to find that was so far from the truth. The further I get into this, the more surprised I am that the human race has survived this long and thay babies ever happen by accident lol I am totally consumed with the TWW too. Every little ache or pain is another piece of evidence that I have to be pregnant this time. As if I could argue my body into pregnancy :dohh: Then when it turns out that I'm not, I feel foolish and really disappointed. I've sworn to myself I'll be more relaxed this cycle, but....we'll see how long it actually takes the TWW to drive me insane this time. Last cycle it was 3 days :haha:

abaldwin I think that's a healthy and noncrazy way to look at it and i strive to be healthy and noncrazy on most days lol It does drive you bonkers though when everyone else seems to be pregnant around you and you're putting all this effort in with no results. My sister is pregnant with her 3rd child right now and it , like her 2nd, was a complete accident. It drives me bananas. So there's a tiny Scrooge McDuck part of my soul that gets jealous and grumpy about other people's miracles, but there's a bigger part of me that is able to hold on to the fact that when my baby comes it will have all been worth it.

CowgirlBaby I'm sorry dear. The bright side is that you can relax and do some self care to make sure your and body are in top top gape for when your sweet little one comes :thumbup:

Witchy I'm on CD 12 over here and chomping at the bit to get to O day! Keep us updated on how it all goes:hi:

Sending a little juju everyone's way that we all get out BFPs soon!!

:dust:

What guidelines do you guys usually use for tracking CP? I feel like I'm just taking a wild guess everytime I check my CP. I can tell the diff between low and medium, but I have trouble with medium versus high and have only ever checked once when it was really obvious to me that it was high because I could barely reach it. Same with firm, medium, soft. I can tell the diff between firm and medium, but medium versus soft is tricky? I feel like it's always medium firmness, medium position. Don't get me started on open versus closed... haha Everytime I check it basically feels the same except for when it comes down really low before AF.
How do you guys gauge what to classify as?

Well I am officially out for the cycle. AF showed up. So I won't be testing for a while. Since I don't see my partner till the 19th of Feb and by that point. Already missed my fertile window :( probably gonna take w hiatus from the forums since I guess I'm stuck going back to WTT

I'm also trying to TTC #1. And every month, I get so discourage, and although my DH is very supportive, I don't think he gets just how devastating it is to get that BFN time after time. He's optimistic though, he always says next cycle's the one! I'm currently 6 DPO. We'll see if that BFP is coming.

You know, I've never checked my cervix - not because I don't want to, but mostly because I wouldn't even know what the heck I'm looking for, ahah! I'd also be interested in some tips and tricks.

Well I am officially out for the cycle. AF showed up. So I won't be testing for a while. Since I don't see my partner till the 19th of Feb and by that point. Already missed my fertile window :( probably gonna take w hiatus from the forums since I guess I'm stuck going back to WTT

I'm also trying to TTC #1. And every month, I get so discourage, and although my DH is very supportive, I don't think he gets just how devastating it is to get that BFN time after time. He's optimistic though, he always says next cycle's the one! I'm currently 6 DPO. We'll see if that BFP is coming.

You know, I've never checked my cervix - not because I don't want to, but mostly because I wouldn't even know what the heck I'm looking for, ahah! I'd also be interested in some tips and tricks.

CowgirlBaby I'm sorry that this cycle was a bust :nope: I know how disappointing that is. We are all pulling for you, dear. It makes sense to take a break. The forums aren't going anywhere. Take care of yourself!

missielibra I know. The guys totally don't understand how hard it is on us. I was talking to a friend about how disappointed I was this cycle and she said something that stuck with me a bit. She said something like, "I know you really want your little one, but this is the fun part! Everything after the BFP is aches, pains, poop, and crying." Haha so i've been trying to keep that in mind and just relax my expectations. Enjoy time with DH and just remember that it'll happen when it happens and me getting all upset or frustrated isn't going to do anything but ruin my day :hugs: Hang in there!

CowgirlBaby I'm sorry that this cycle was a bust :nope: I know how disappointing that is. We are all pulling for you, dear. It makes sense to take a break. The forums aren't going anywhere. Take care of yourself!

missielibra I know. The guys totally don't understand how hard it is on us. I was talking to a friend about how disappointed I was this cycle and she said something that stuck with me a bit. She said something like, "I know you really want your little one, but this is the fun part! Everything after the BFP is aches, pains, poop, and crying." Haha so i've been trying to keep that in mind and just relax my expectations. Enjoy time with DH and just remember that it'll happen when it happens and me getting all upset or frustrated isn't going to do anything but ruin my day :hugs: Hang in there!

I have decided to stay on the forum. I love all the ladies here, but I am looking at the BFN and AF as a positive thing too, I can work on my weight and I can maybe do one more jumping competition season. If next cycle is a bust too :) So here is to the next cycle for all of us!

Hi guys, is it okay if I join in? Sorry I'm late to the party! I'm ttc for our first and this is our first month trying. It's hard not to take every single little "symptom" as a sign. I'm 7dpo today and I finally broke down and took a test today. It was a bfn :(. I'm staying optimistic though because we still have a lot of time left. I have to keep reminding myself that typically implantation doesn't happen until 9-10dpo:blush:.
I'm in the same boat as y'all! It blows my mind that so many pregnancies are accidents when I know how much work goes into it now. I had no idea!

Hi guys, is it okay if I join in? Sorry I'm late to the party! I'm ttc for our first and this is our first month trying. It's hard not to take every single little "symptom" as a sign. I'm 7dpo today and I finally broke down and took a test today. It was a bfn :(. I'm staying optimistic though because we still have a lot of time left. I have to keep reminding myself that typically implantation doesn't happen until 9-10dpo:blush:.
I'm in the same boat as y'all! It blows my mind that so many pregnancies are accidents when I know how much work goes into it now. I had no idea!

It's totally hard not to take every symptom as a sign. Everything seems significant and like a sign that you are or aren't pregnant. Like, right now I'm only 2dpo and I just thought to myself, "I don't feel pregnant. I bet this cycle is a bfn too". How ridiculous! It's like everything gets my hopes up so I'm trying to manage my expectations by insisting to myself that I'm not pregnant even though it's crazy to think I would know either way after a day. Boy, I tell you, whoever develops an instant pregnancy test is going to be an insanely rich person in the first 2 weeks lol Hang in there!

Witchy & missielibra How are things going?

CowgirlBaby I'm glad you decided not to leave!!! Way to look on the bright side :thumbup:

What can I say, I'm reading all "no symptoms and bfp" threads I can find xD I never got full dark line on OPK, it was just medium light and then went away. Tho I read that brand I bought is bit tricky so we'll see. Don't ask me about CP, mine always feels the same xD Only once it was really high right before AF (and raised my hopes high) and then bam - AF. So I try not to stress out and take this casually because it's too early to do anything else (medical tests and that stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->