TTC #1 & Looking for Buddies

Claire_c Did AF ever show or is it still a mystery?

Is anyone taking any fertility supplements? I have been taking a prenatal, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can try to increase chances. I'm putting DH on a multivitamin because I've read that can help.

I take a prenatal, doing regular “fertility” yoga stretches morning and night- apparently this helps stimulate blood flow to the uterus - I recently just started adding some Maca to my (whole milk) yogurt bowl in the morning - the bowl already includes flax and sunflower seeds which are supposed to be good for enriching the uterine lining. I’ve read that it’s important to keep your feet constantly warm and I also read about eating pineapple (including core) from 1-5DPO due to the bromelain (helps with implantation). My AF isn’t due until Saturday (2/17) so we will see if any of that worked for me this month. Most of those are really passive efforts so I figured it was worth the try.

Read up on Maca and bromelain - really interesting stuff!

I bet you’ll get your BFP soon! You seem to be doing all the right things :)

Still no af, and I had some weird bleeding on the 5th. I took a test that day and it was negative, so I figured it was af, but it stopped fairly quickly. I'm not sure what to think of it. Although, this is my first month off of the bcp, so I'm not sure if it's just my body freaking out or what. I was thinking maybe if I ovulated a lot later than I thought, it could have possibly been implantation bleeding, which would explain the negatives since it would be too early? I haven't taken a test since, so I have no idea. I could be making something out of nothing (which im super good at lol). I'm going to call my doctor and see if I can make an appointment tomorrow, but it's a holiday where I am so chances are they will be closed.

Dreamer429 Hi and welcome! I'm taking maca too (when I don't forget lol) and I love it. Used it before too, it really helps with anxiety too so I love it even when not TTC related. Tho I need to find capsules, powder one tastes horribly and I'm not in mood to make smoothies every day.

CanadianMoose this is year 3 for me. 1st year after quitting the job I hated was like yay, let's do all the crafts. Then on 2nd I was like hmm maybe I should look for something I really love to do that could also earn me real money. Then on the end of year 2 discovered web dev and that it really suits me and been learning it ever since. But it would be lovely to have some reason to get out of the apartment occasionally. I do go for a coffee with friends but that's like once every two weeks because - everybody works xD

WeebabyMama sorry to hear about :witch: But heads up, we'll get that :bfp:

Update on me, bit TMI lol Just got big glob of CM so guess it's time to start BDing and go into crazy TWW :D

Dreamer429 Hi! It's funny that you mention the pineapple thing because I just randomly read the same thing in a book where one of the main characters was TTC (Red Clocks by Leni Zumas). Wouldn't hurt me to eat more pineapple since I love it anyway lol I started taking that FertileCM supplement because I've heard good things about it. I've been feeling really dehydrated since I started taking it and I was feeling lightheaded this morning. Hopefully, my body is just adjusting to it and this won't be the case everyday. The fertility stretches sound cool. I love yoga, but kind of shied away from it once I started ttc because supposedly the twisting can be bad for conception. I'd love to know what stretches you're doing!

Claire_c what you described sounds to me like a withdrawal bleed. I had the same thing when I came off bc. It was a short, light bleed that I didn't even count as my period at the time. Later, when I was a week "late" and still getting BFNs, I realized that it was my period and that I had timed my whole cycle wrong because of it. I hope its implantation for you, but look into withdrawal bleeding just in case and I would count that bleed as day 1 of your new cycle just to be safe.

Witchy Good luck!! FX for you!

Hi guys Im New to this and I have nobody to talk to because I haven’t really got any friends but I was wondering is it too late for me or do I still have chance to be pregnant? my af is due tomorrow but at 10 dpo (2 days ago) I had a false positive (I think) because ever since that positive I’ve been getting negatives :( I have very regular cycles (35) and I have so many symptoms I just feel pregnant its weird but my instinct is telling me I am. But the negatives are just making me feel so anxious and depressed considering I had a false positive the other day :( it was a sainsburys test so I heard they’re not reliable Xx

Hi guys Im New to this and I have nobody to talk to because I haven’t really got any friends but I was wondering is it too late for me or do I still have chance to be pregnant? my af is due tomorrow but at 10 dpo (2 days ago) I had a false positive (I think) because ever since that positive I’ve been getting negatives :( I have very regular cycles (35) and I have so many symptoms I just feel pregnant its weird but my instinct is telling me I am. But the negatives are just making me feel so anxious and depressed considering I had a false positive the other day :( it was a sainsburys test so I heard they’re not reliable Xx

You do still have a chance - early testing can show negative d/t dilution of sample. However, i had positive tests last month at 9DPO - 11DPO and then 12DPO a negative and it was a chemical pregnancy :(
BUT - and i know it may not ease your mind bc it only slightly helped me - those are SUPER common - especially for first pregnancies - and does not mean at all that you will have problems holding onto a bean in future months.
But i know the mental toll that takes - best of luck to you :)

Hey Miss Eleonora,
There's always a possibility till AF shows! Like Dreamer429 said, it could be a chemical pregnancy, it could be a false positive, or it could just be too early. With AF due tomorrow, I would try to just relax and if no AF tomorrow then take another test. I have learned not to rely too much on my feelings when it come to this stuff. We all want our babies so badly that it can be really easy to convince yourself that every little thing means something. Because it could mean something...or it could be nothing at all. Unfortunately there's no way to know definitively, no matter what we do, until there's a positive test or AF shoes up.

Hi! :flower:

I'm also new and pretty lost in all the threads and not knowing anyone where everyone seems to know eachother :wacko: therefor looking for buddies myself and this thread seems perfect. We're trying for our first, i'm 30 yo and hus is 35. Both super scared, but i'm getting slowly slowly excited. Somehow i have a feeling that this is going to be a long journey `til my BFP cause i suffer of hypothyroidism and possible endometriosis, with irregular periods(23-32 anywhere in between) and totally random o`s. I'm using OPK`s and BBT tracking since November last year.

Here's to a hopeful start :happydance: ! Hope to hear from you all .

I'm also new and pretty lost in all the threads and not knowing anyone where everyone seems to know eachother

Lol I'm here since January only, so everybody is pretty much new to me too. But guess since this is hit or miss, a lot of people just pass by with BFPs right away and few of us stick around for another TWW and we remember eachother.

I'm currently in pre-O or O state, not really sure because I forgot to use OPKs for two days and today's one is negative even tho app says I should O tomorrow. Plan is to just BD and worry less.

Sending you all :dust: from Croatia :)

I'm also new and pretty lost in all the threads and not knowing anyone where everyone seems to know eachother :wacko: .

Hi!!! I love meeting new people on here because, youre right, it totally does seem like everyone knows each other here. I started TTC in November and it took me two months to get up the courage to post anything. Glad to "meet" a new buddy:thumbup: I'm 28 and hubs is 29. We're ttc our first and really anxious to get our BFP. This whole thing has been a big honking lesson in patience and learning to let go. It's a tough lesson for a big fat control freak like me! I know you said you think it'll be a long road to your BFP, but I hope you're wrong and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway :hugs:

Hello everyone! :flower::coffee:
How are you all doing and holding up?
I'm so glad that i managed to accomplish a few things these days. First, i got the expected visit from AF, which is a joy because as soon as she's packing her bags i can start my OPK and this ovulation might be the ONE. :baby:
Also, i bought myself a good belly rubbing oil cause i wanna gain some elasticity from now. :wacko:
Ordered 20 pregnancy tests and a pregnancy sort of scrapping book. I wanna keep a track of my TTC journey with memories and everything.

All this because i'm trying to think and stay positive and optimistic, that it might after all happen <3

I wish you all a happy weekend, glad to meet you and of course happy BD with happy endings, BFP for all of you. :D :happydance:

Hello everyone! :flower::coffee:
How are you all doing and holding up?
I'm so glad that i managed to accomplish a few things these days. First, i got the expected visit from AF, which is a joy because as soon as she's packing her bags i can start my OPK and this ovulation might be the ONE. :baby:
Also, i bought myself a good belly rubbing oil cause i wanna gain some elasticity from now. :wacko:
Ordered 20 pregnancy tests and a pregnancy sort of scrapping book. I wanna keep a track of my TTC journey with memories and everything.

All this because i'm trying to think and stay positive and optimistic, that it might after all happen <3

I wish you all a happy weekend, glad to meet you and of course happy BD with happy endings, BFP for all of you. :D :happydance:

Hi there! Welcome! Very happy to have another lady to join us all in the waiting game. I only joined in January as well and I felt like everyone knew each other, but really it’s just women supporting women :) I love it.

AF is due today for me, still hasn’t shown herself yet but of course I’m running to the bathroom to check every hour it seems. I haven’t tested yet d/t a very early loss last month, kinda frozen atm. Eek!

Sounds like you have had a good prep day today! It’s always good to keep our minds busy and positive - Hope you can enjoy the next weeks while you wait for the O! Then a little fun with the extra BDing ;)

How is everyone else doing today?

Hey guys just a little update af is 4 days late now, the day before yesterday I had brown spotting on my panty liner sorry tmi but had no cramps and af hasn’t showed still so idk what that was also the same day I wiped and again tmi there was mucus like yellow gooey kind of cm in the tissue but it hasn’t happened again hmm not sure what to think of it never had that before in my life. I am currently 17 dpo and got a bfn this morning but I used a boots test and I heard they’re not very sensitive/good so I’m very confused right now!! Good luck to you ladies x

Hi ladies! I got a BFP! Really really hoping this little one sticks around - still nervous Bc of the chemical last month but right now I’m letting myself feel excited!

Eleanora - I recommend you go get a digital FRER test and schedule a blood test at a local clinic. That way you won’t have to live in this limbo!

Sticky baby dust to all you ladies!

Congratulations Dreamer429!!!
Fingers crossed for your sticky bean!
How exciting! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

How's it going ladies? The thread has been dead a few days so I'm just checking in. How's everyone doing? Dreamer429 So far so good with your sticky bean?
Witchy Anything new with you?
Anyone else?
I have a bit of confuzzlement to bring to the thread. I posted about it in a separate thread (here). Any thoughts on what's going on?

How's it going ladies? The thread has been dead a few days so I'm just checking in. How's everyone doing? Dreamer429 So far so good with your sticky bean?
Witchy Anything new with you?
Anyone else?
I have a bit of confuzzlement to bring to the thread. I posted about it in a separate thread (here). Any thoughts on what's going on?

Hey weebaby! Everything is so far so good with little bean - I had a blood draw on Tuesday morning and my HCg levels were 552 and Progesterone 14.2 - but still crossing my fingers until the 12 week safety point :)

I&#8217;m so sorry to hear about your confuzzlement - What is going on girl?

Okay sorry didn&#8217;t see the link at first - I just read it.

So I know this is going to go against everything you have heard but.. CM is NOT reliable (especially when you are stressed) &#8212; frankly, I was always so confused about it that I had to stop checking.. mine was never following the &#8220;patterns&#8221; I was told indicate fertility. The temps as well, there is too much variation based just on your sleep pattern each night (if you move when you sleep, if you don&#8217;t, if you have a bad dream, a vivid dream.. all affect your BBT slightly.)

I know it&#8217;s so impossible to actually relax, I didn&#8217;t and still can&#8217;t fully.. but my advice is to simply have sex starting from CD 11 - CD 18 every other day (11, 13, 15, 16, 18 is the pattern I recommend). Lay with your legs up in the air and a pillow under your hips (to keep them tilted up) for 10 minutes after hubby finishes. No more, don&#8217;t risk a UTI.. also, stay incredibly hydrated for your entire cycle &#8212; 10 glasses of water daily.

Dreamer I'm so glad to hear everything is going well! I'm rooting for you and your little one. Please keep us updated. It's good for the soul to hear success stories :hugs: :flower:
Also, what you said makes total sense. I've stopped checking my cervical position because it was always so confusing. My temps have always been all over the place. Until this cycle, my CM has been pretty reliable, but its been so weird this time around that idk what to make of it. Did you use OPKs at all or any method to determine when your O was? I've been doing the SMEP method, but with all the temping and checking and charting, I'm getting exhausted. Your way seems so much easier lol

I did not use any OPKs - I'm easily stressed so that would just be another thing for me to be upset over, and getting stressed throws off the egg release from what ive read - so I avoided that all together.
I just know that CD 11 - CD 19 (on my avg 28 day cycle) are around the days it would happen. If it was earlier, my endometrial layer would not be thick enough, and i would be very surprised if it was super late (given my regular cycles). I know its a lot of BDing, but it covered my bases.
I would even throw in a casual seduction around CD 20/21 (without mentioning it was for baby making) if I was feeling anxious i didn't catch the eggo - haha :)

But about the water thing, this is a MAJOR factor that people dont stress enough - stay more hydrated than you want to. It makes the body run as needed. Also, adding lemon really helps with the overall alkalinity - vital to spermy travel.

Thank you for your supporting thoughts during this time, I don't think i will stop checking for bleeding every hour or so until the 12th week comes and goes - just trying my very best to stay calm. And the sore bbs, random bouts of nausea and exhaustion help alleviate my concerns a bit too. ;)

I am excited for all you ladies and hopefully for sticky beans all around!!

Since you all started replying here:

WeebabyMama I gave up on following stuff. Honestly, my body is crazy. I have no idea about my cervical positions, they always seem the same, I don't think I ever had proper ewcm, I don't do temperature because I move too much in my sleep and I doubt that would show proper results. So as Dreamer429 said, I'm kicking it old school - just DTD and hope for the best. Too much calculating and measuring just stresses me out and that's not good for my fertility and my AF is usually between 26-27 days so it's regular and hope that means everything works as it should, we just need little luck and :dust: :)

Dreamer429 I'm rooting for you and your little sticky bean, I know I'll worry too for the first 3 months but oh well, guess that now that you are becoming mother, you'll never actually stop worrying lol :)

Glad to hear you got your LO dreamer, I've been trying right along with you all these years so it gives me hope to see you succeed. Not much going on for me except waiting for AF and GYN due day (Wednesday) and I've been making a baby blanket to distract myself while waiting and give myself so much need hope.

Edit: NVM AF came Tuesday morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->