TTC #1 & Looking for Buddies

@Witchy
What brand did you buy? I think the hardest part about all this is the uncertainty. Even with all the tracking and testing, everything is still just a guess. I'm deep in the trenches of "try not to stress out". I've been taking my temps this cycle and now it looks like I didn't O because my temps haven't shifted even though I got all the other signs (+lol, ewcm, high soft cp...i think, o pain). Me and DH wore ourselves out BD'ing around O time and now I'm like... this can't seriously have been for nothing. To not even have O'ed? What a huge whale of a disappointment that is �� Even if I O late I don't even feel like I have it in me to do all this again...or go to DH and be like "oh right...remember that time I told you I O'ed...just kidding. NOW I really did. You can trust me this time" lol

I'm still not charting temps, I want to keep some hope that I am ovulating. My poor ovaries have been working since I was 10 and I hope they haven't run out of eggs. But if I don't stay pregnant in next few months I'll try that too. And let me not even start on BD, I really envy all the oopsie-ladies who didn't have to put all this work and planning into getting a BFP.

Also lol on that last sentance xD

I'm still not charting temps, I want to keep some hope that I am ovulating. My poor ovaries have been working since I was 10 and I hope they haven't run out of eggs. But if I don't stay pregnant in next few months I'll try that too. And let me not even start on BD, I really envy all the oopsie-ladies who didn't have to put all this work and planning into getting a BFP.

Also lol on that last sentance xD

I'm definitely jealous of oopsie-ladies haha I love that name for those lucky ducks. I did go to DH and tell him that I wasn't sure if I had O'ed or not and he took it rather well. Not even a hint of the exasperation I felt. I think I married above my station, guys. He is totally a better person than I :haha:

I've also had the same head and chest cold all month so I'm wondering if that is messing with my temps? Between mouth breathing and not sleeping well, idk how trustworthy my temps are this cycle anyway :dohh: Anywho we are going to keep chugging along and BD'ing every other day until I get a temp raise or :witch: I took an OPK this morning and it was neg and no fertile CM. I've had weird O-like pains all day, not quite cramps, but really achy. Hopefully that means there's something going on in the baby factory :shrug:

I just noticed you asked about OPK brand - One Step. Bought like 100 + 30 HPTs (same brand, really cheap on ebay) but then I read that they might not show OPK line as dark as it should. But it went from light to medium to light again, so I guess it does something, just not as it should. When I see those 2 lines next time, it will be time for BD every other day just in case xD

Keeping my fingers crossed for our baby factories, may the odds ever be in their favor xD

I'm also trying to TTC #1. And every month, I get so discourage, and although my DH is very supportive, I don't think he gets just how devastating it is to get that BFN time after time. He's optimistic though, he always says next cycle's the one! I'm currently 6 DPO. We'll see if that BFP is coming.

You know, I've never checked my cervix - not because I don't want to, but mostly because I wouldn't even know what the heck I'm looking for, ahah! I'd also be interested in some tips and tricks.

So thankful to also have a very supportive partner. I don't think he's as upset as I am that it's taking so long. I think once we get to the 18 month mark, it might start to wear on him. We've talked about what might happen if we can't get pregnant and would very much be into adoption. It brings me alot of comfort knowing that there isn't pressure or blame coming from him.

Hey everyone! TTC #1 for about one year now, recently diagnosed with PCOS, but trying to stay somewhat positive. Some days are better than others, but man oh man is it hard to stay positive.

Welcome sunshinerae20 ! We'll keep hope alive with you :hugs:

Where is everyone else in their cycle?! I'm 9dpo. I thought I was 10dpo, but FF "recalculated" this morning when I put in my temps and thinks I O'ed a day later. I'm determined not to symptom spot or test early. I'm tired of driving myself crazy. Who says the TWW can't be relaxing :winkwink: Im going to take the advice of some very wise British guys and Let it be haha How's it going Witchy? cowgirlbaby? Any others in the TWW with me? :thumbup:

I'm on CD2, witch got the Witchy lol I felt really down yesterday but today I'm okay, I'm in middle of changing my career (staying at home and studying stuff, thanks to my hubbs who supports me in every way) so now I'm like planning what to study and what projects to do. Seems like this is pattern for me every month - first two weeks I'm planning career and then in TWW I'm baby crazy lol Poor hubs xD

Witchy that all sounds really exciting! I'm sure hubs doesn't mind too much about your split personality haha I think that's the case for all of us. I'm not experiencing really any symptoms this month so I'm thinking it's a no-go for this cycle, but lord knows I have had plenty of symptoms before and it was still nothing so...just trying to have patience. We all find out soon enough. No need burning myself out staring at start white HPTs lol It helps that I have a metric ton of work to do to take my mind off of it. What are you thinking about studying?

I'm studying web development. I love that work and there is so much to learn and I want to make bunch of projects so if this baby thing doesn't happen in next 6 months I'll probably start looking for a job. By then I'll have enough projects to show something to future employers. But ideally I'd love to have kid and stay at home while freelancing for their first 3 years and then go and work. But being at home all the time with no goal would drive me crazy long term, so I have these two things. We'll see what will happen first :)

Hi Ladies -

I'd love to join you in our lovely waits.

My hubby and I are ttc #1 , this is Cycle 2 for us. I did get my BFP last cycle, but unfortunately the little bean didnt stick -- very confusing though bc i got the BFPs @ 11DPO and 12DPO .. then bleed started on my expected period date -- so I think it was a chemical (4x positive tests!) pregnancy that was just very well timed - not sure!

Anywho - I am only 2DPO as of right now, b/d on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (expected O) and Sunday (yesterday). I havent done OPKs yet, i stress myself out enough -- hoping we covered the bases enough!

our hubs can be supportive but I think you are all right in saying they truly cannot understand the weight of TTC on us women - mentally, emotionally and sometimes physically. its... a lot. So happy to have forums like this to chat away our nerves and support when needed.

How is everyone feeling today? Any tests coming up soon??

Witchy
That sounds really awesome. So this is an exciting time for you either way!

dreamer429 Woah! That's a lot of BD'ing. More power to you! Sorry to hear about your last cycle. That's a big stinking disappointment.

AFM- I'm supposed to test on Thursday, but I'm going out of my mind. Stuck in a good old anxiety spiral. If I test and it's a BFN I'll just be anxious about whether it's a real BFN or it's just too early. If I don't test, I'll keep being anxious about whether I should test or not. I just keep trying to take deep breaths and realize that if I am going to get a BFP it'll still be a BFP on Thursday lol

haha i kno! but, I did the exact same pattern of BDing last cycle - so hoping it grabs hold of an egg and this time the egg burrows in deep :)

That spiral is a tricky one - its so hard to not test, but the negatives are so tough to deal with, then the hope, then the frustration.. I think i'm going to try to keep myself as distracted as possible until the day before AF is due.. but then again, thats all just words haha - when the time gets closer i'm sure I'll cave and be in the same spiral as you.

Thursday may feel far away - but its so close!! keep the faith - and load up with chores/tasks to busy yourself until then. Maybe a new book to help pass time?? Sometimes i get swept up in a story and the next thing I know its 11pm and time for lights out

Af was supposed to start yesterday and she didn't show, hasnt shown her face today either..still no bfp though:shrug:. Not sure what that means.
I thought I saw something on my test the other day, but I was being antsy and looking before the time to check, and by then it was gone.

:shrug: Welp guys I'm out for the month

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Vfz5GCw.jpg
    Vfz5GCw.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2
Claire_c Did AF ever show or is it still a mystery?

Is anyone taking any fertility supplements? I have been taking a prenatal, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can try to increase chances. I'm putting DH on a multivitamin because I've read that can help.

I'm on CD2, witch got the Witchy lol I felt really down yesterday but today I'm okay, I'm in middle of changing my career (staying at home and studying stuff, thanks to my hubbs who supports me in every way) so now I'm like planning what to study and what projects to do. Seems like this is pattern for me every month - first two weeks I'm planning career and then in TWW I'm baby crazy lol Poor hubs xD

This is me waiting for PR in Canada LOL! Poor hubs the things they go through to please us and "get some" lol!

And no joke going cabin fever here on year 2 of no work or ability to go out and DO something like a career or schooling...ugh and the home improvements are coming to a close soon...

Claire_c Did AF ever show or is it still a mystery?

Is anyone taking any fertility supplements? I have been taking a prenatal, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can try to increase chances. I'm putting DH on a multivitamin because I've read that can help.

I take a prenatal, doing regular “fertility” yoga stretches morning and night- apparently this helps stimulate blood flow to the uterus - I recently just started adding some Maca to my (whole milk) yogurt bowl in the morning - the bowl already includes flax and sunflower seeds which are supposed to be good for enriching the uterine lining. I’ve read that it’s important to keep your feet constantly warm and I also read about eating pineapple (including core) from 1-5DPO due to the bromelain (helps with implantation). My AF isn’t due until Saturday (2/17) so we will see if any of that worked for me this month. Most of those are really passive efforts so I figured it was worth the try.

Read up on Maca and bromelain - really interesting stuff!

I bet you’ll get your BFP soon! You seem to be doing all the right things :)

Still no af, and I had some weird bleeding on the 5th. I took a test that day and it was negative, so I figured it was af, but it stopped fairly quickly. I'm not sure what to think of it. Although, this is my first month off of the bcp, so I'm not sure if it's just my body freaking out or what. I was thinking maybe if I ovulated a lot later than I thought, it could have possibly been implantation bleeding, which would explain the negatives since it would be too early? I haven't taken a test since, so I have no idea. I could be making something out of nothing (which im super good at lol). I'm going to call my doctor and see if I can make an appointment tomorrow, but it's a holiday where I am so chances are they will be closed.

Dreamer429 Hi and welcome! I'm taking maca too (when I don't forget lol) and I love it. Used it before too, it really helps with anxiety too so I love it even when not TTC related. Tho I need to find capsules, powder one tastes horribly and I'm not in mood to make smoothies every day.

CanadianMoose this is year 3 for me. 1st year after quitting the job I hated was like yay, let's do all the crafts. Then on 2nd I was like hmm maybe I should look for something I really love to do that could also earn me real money. Then on the end of year 2 discovered web dev and that it really suits me and been learning it ever since. But it would be lovely to have some reason to get out of the apartment occasionally. I do go for a coffee with friends but that's like once every two weeks because - everybody works xD

WeebabyMama sorry to hear about :witch: But heads up, we'll get that :bfp:

Update on me, bit TMI lol Just got big glob of CM so guess it's time to start BDing and go into crazy TWW :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->