TTC #1, Looking for iui Buddies for February!

Congrats Melissa! That is so wonderful!:) :)

Good luck to everyone on the TWW and the wait until the next IUI. I will keep you updated on mine. Test date 11 April. :)

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Sorry the witch got you MrsB, but so glad everything else in your life is going well!

Good luck kk! Hope your wait flies by.

I started my Gonal-f injections yesterday...I don't know what I was so afraid of, it was easy! Starting to feel a few twinges in my ovaries already...hope this is a good sign that something is happening in there. Grow, follicles, grow!

Okay ladies, I have a real concern. My iui was done only 30 hrs after my trigger shot. I have read to do iui after 36hrs of trigger shot. I didn't feel my ovulation pains until 28hrs after my IUI. I read washed frozen sperm last only 6-12 hrs, I also read 3 days!!! I know I should go to Dr Google and should trust my Dr, but this has me so upset!! Can you share your experiences with this?

MrsB sorry about AF bu glad everything else is working out :) Good luck on the next IUI!
Thank you Kk! Good luck! Keep us updated! Hope time flies for you.
Wishn- I always felt the twinges in my ovaries when I did the injections. Sign the ovaries are working hard! Yay! Keep us updated with your follicle count.
Sorry Tia, don't have much information on that. All I know is I usually have my IUI around 35-37 hrs after the trigger shot..

Tia I have no personal experience with this (yet!) but I know my clinic does IUI's about 36 hours post trigger. (The idea being most women will O 36-48 hours after trigger shot) I wouldn't worry about it being only 30 hours before IUI. I think it's a bit too unreliable to go by O pain to pin point when you O'd since you can have O pain before, during and after O. I would definitely talk to your doctor about the timing...some clinics will even do back to back IUIs, first at 24 h and then at 48 h post-trigger. Hopefully there is no 'next time' and this one does the trick! Fx for you!

How is everyone doing?

KK, not long now until you test!

Melissa, have you had a second beta? Will they do an early scan?

I have an update! Went for my first ultrasound yesterday (after 5 doses of 62.5 gonal-f) and found out that I already have two 16 mm follicles! I did one more dose of gonal-f last night and went back for another blood test this morning. Now I'm just waiting for the nurse to call with instructions on what time to trigger tonight and what time to come in for the IUI on Monday! We BD'd early this morning, so DH will only have 48 hours abstinence before the IUI. I hope it's enough time to regenerate the little guys. I read that longer abstinence gives higher volume and count but shorter abstinence gives better motility and morphology. We'll see I guess!

Wishn- Hi! I'm so happy for you! Your numbers seem great! We usually only had 35 hours in between BDing and IUI... so 48 sounds good to me! Good luck!

My first beta was 58. 2 days later was 150 and 2 days after 313. My RE said everything is looking good but I'm starting to freak out! It seems my levels are average for the amount of dpo but I've read online (I should really stop doing that) of girls the same amount of dpo with like triple my hcg levels or more! Ugh. I just will not feel better until I see a heartbeat. Going through our last miscarriage has made me be a little more cautious.

Congrats Melissa! Sounds like everything is going well so far. Keep us updated! It is so nice to hear positive results.

I'm testing tomorrow and starting to get nervous. I feel so much better this month and I'm happy either way.

Good luck everyone and I'll post tomorrow! :)

-KK

Melissa, pregnancy after loss is a whole new ball game...Fx this is your rainbow baby (or babies!)

Kk good luck with testing tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Tia are you testing soon too?

I did my IUI this morning! So relieved it's done. I'm trying to stay positive, but DH's numbers were not the greatest. His post-wash total motile sperm was only 3 million, I've read chances of succcess go down under 5 mill. But it only takes one! Swim little guys, swim!

Kk - Any news yet?

Wishn - How was your first IUI? Not too bad, right? And yes, it only takes 1! The time the IUI worked (but then MC) DH only had 5million total motile post wash! And once when he had 45 million it didnt work! So it can happen! Its just chance. Good luck! Stay positive!

Thanks Melissa! I was actually pretty surprised by how much the IUI hurt! When the catheter went in it must have hit the wall of my uterus because I had this huge cramp and they continued even after she was finished and had removed the speculum. I've had a catheter put in for the saline infusion sonogram and I barely felt anything, so I was quite surprised by the pain. I spent most of the afternoon on the couch feeling crampy, not sure whether the cramps were my ovaries or uterus. Feeling better now and off to work...the next two weeks are going to feel long!

No luck this time ladies. BFN.

I can't say I'm not disappointed. We are taking at least a month off until something else yet to be determined. This process is taking a lot out of me mentally. blah!

Wishn- my last IUI was like that. I cramped for a few hours after, not super comfortable. It was weird because the first two were totally normal...actually I didn't even realize it had been done! It is probably how the catheter is going in and probably hitting a side/tissue. Good luck on your cycle!!

Good luck everyone! Hope all keeps going well, Melissa!
-KK

Kk I'm so sorry for the BFN. It's so hard seeing those. Is there a chance it's still too early? Any sign of AF? If it comes to it, I hope the month off is a good break and you're able to relax and take care of yourself. :hugs:

Kk- So sorry. I'm on my iui#2 We took a break in between.

Wish- I test tomorrow.
I have sharp cramps today and spotting. I normally would think AF has arrived, but the last 3 months I have needed to stop the progesterone supplement then would start AF next day. So I'm still slightly hopeful it's implantation signs. That's all I can do is hold on untill I get full flow AF and/or negative bata test. I did so much better about not driving my self crazy and stayed busy. My1st iui I spent every waking moment thinking about it and had all my friend and family asking me about it and praying for us. It was just too much. This time we keept it quite in my mind and only very few knew we were going through the again

Tia I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you! When is your beta test?

I'm only 4 days post-IUI and driving myself a little crazy googling sperm counts and success rates. I need to step away from Google! Going to test tomorrow just to see if the trigger is gone (7 days post-trigger). My beta is not until 17 days post-IUI so I have almost two weeks to wait yet! :dohh:

I got the BFN... part of me feels like giving it up. We are paying 100% out of pocket and feel like if we keep pouring money into this and no baby it would be too tough to swallow. The other part of me thinks give it a few more chances to work. I just wish I had a crystal ball into my future! I think adoption is going to be something we take more seriously this year. Then if natural baby comes then it will be a bonus :)

So sorry for the BFN Tia :hugs: They sure do hurt. I feel your pain...I've often wished for my own crystal ball. Have you asked about doing an IUI cycle with injectables? More expensive, but more follicles, better chance of success.

We are lucky in that we only have to pay out of pocket for the sperm wash ($850). 3 IUI's is my limit. We're on a waiting list for funded IVF but if our names don't come up and we're not pregnant before the fall, we might consider paying out of pocket for IVF. I'm 38 and I worry we're running out of time!

So sorry for the BFN Tia :hugs: They sure do hurt. I feel your pain...I've often wished for my own crystal ball. Have you asked about doing an IUI cycle with injectables? More expensive, but more follicles, better chance of success.

We are lucky in that we only have to pay out of pocket for the sperm wash ($850). 3 IUI's is my limit. We're on a waiting list for funded IVF but if our names don't come up and we're not pregnant before the fall, we might consider paying out of pocket for IVF. I'm 38 and I worry we're r4unning out of time!

I have only been releasing 1 folical each iui, so I asked for injectables on this last round, and she said no because I'm too young (I disagree I'm 37!!) and ovulating naturally. She then said if I get too many folicals they will have to cancle the iui.

I wish I had a few different clinics to choose from in the Reno, NV area. They are my only option and they know they are the only game in town, so I have to do it their way. For me they are too conservative and don't follow a strict timing for the iui so they can have their weekends off. Super frustrating on top of paying 100% out of pocket (they charge for every little thing). If I had options and more support, and insurance coverage, then I wouldn't mind to keep trying with a few more iui's and even a few IVFs. I wish we lived in CA. I hear they have great IVF programs insurance coverage, and several clinics to chose from.

My husband and I have decided to visit a adoption agency. If baby comes naturally then it's a bonus. Maybe better fertility options will available in the near future.

Kk & Tia - Sorry about the BFNs... just keep trying! There's still hope. I did 5 IUIs before i finally got one to stick (I hope! haven't had an ultrasound yet) The thing is every IUI only gives you up to a 20% chance so don't feel discouraged or feel like it's your fault, in reality it's just chance. I read an article about that recently.. how Drs give us such high hopes that IUI will work and it really isn't that effective.
Tia - my 2nd and 3rd IUIs were Clomid & injectables combo. My 4th and 5th were pure injectables and I'm 26 and ovulate on my own! We're being treated for male factor infertility... So I wonder why your RE wont do injectables for you 😕 Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->