TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Hi ladies. I'm new here. First wanted to say sorry for your loss Sideways8. My animals are like children to me and I couldn't fathom the heartbreak of losing one of them unexpectedly.

I'm 28, DH 26. Been married since Aug 23 '08. Im expecting to O around 10/31-11/5 so I'll officially be TTC #1 then! I bought some digital ovulation tests and preseed to start out.

Like alot of you I constantly have babies on the brain! I'm constantly looking at baby products, maternity clothes etc online, googleing pregnancy/fertility info, thinking about and searching for baby names, thinking of themes for the nursery. I've actually managed to resist buying any baby stuff yet, but it's so hard! It's like now that we've officially made the decision to start trying it's as if someone flipped a switch and now it's all I can think about!

We've only told 2 other couples that we are THINKING about TTC soon, so it's great having a group of women to confide in that understand what you're going through.

Good luck to all since it looks like alot of you got AF recently.

Sideways, I don't think you're cuckoo...we have had a burial plot for all our pets since I was little. I hope you get some answers and closure when you meet with the vet. :hugs:

Welcome HarliRexx! We have a nice little group here, I'm sure you'll like it. I know exactly what you mean about having babies on the brain. I think we're all a bit like that here! I got married in June and have been TTC since then. I'm 28, and my DH is 32.

As for me, it is CD15 and I am waiting to use my fertility monitor. Yesterday it was still showing low. Last month I got my first high on CD 17, so I'm starting to feel impatient...

Good morning all. We had quite a thunderstorm last night that woke me up a few times. I still feel like poo but I'm hoping that time will make things better. I want to thank all of you again for the support you showed me with the loss of my kitty.

Welcome, Harli! I know when my husband and I went from NTNP to TTC, I definitely thought about baby this, baby that for a while (hell I still do!). So, join the club LOL. We're here for you to rant and rave and brag and whatever else :)

Sideways 8- I'm sorry you feel like poo. :( That's not good at all. I hoe you feel better soon. I agree with rducky you aren't cookoo at all, I have done the same thing. They are apart of your family so they deserve a burial too.

WELCOME HarliRexx!!!! We have a great group of women here that are always here for you if you need anything.

My DH (36) and I (22) have been married since May 2010 and but started TTC in March 2010. My DH and I have only been together a total of 8 months so we have a weird story there. Lol. I know exactly what you mean about the baby on the brain. It's ALL I think about. I have been also tempted to buy baby stuff but I have been able to control myself. Lol. Well if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. We are here for each other.

Hello everyone just got back from the vet. He said he thinks my kitty died of a big heart. Wow. He certainly did have a big heart, he was the sweetest cat I've ever known. I finally have my closure, so I can move forward. Thanks for listening me talk about this off-topic situation. You guys are so wonderful.
Now back to baby-making :)
I still haven't used any of my OPK's. TTC has been the furthest thing from my mind over the last couple of days, but I think tomorrow morning I will use my first one. It will be CD8.

Wow, sounds like your kitty really was a special little guy! I'm so happy you are finding peace with this situation and are ready to move forward :hugs:

And thanks all for the warm welcome!

Sideways - you are not crazy at all. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have lost cats and it is soooo hard. One of my cats died this year and I cried for days. It hits you hard my thoughts are with you x

I have got some preseed stuff- we bought it this month as because of all the BD'in it made it difficult at times (if you know what i mean). We are using one called concieve plus (its the same thing thou). Its really good to use makes things much easier and will hopefully increase our chances as well at the same time. I'd recommend to all.

Hi Harlirexx - sorry I wasn't ignoring you there just go a bit mad when I havent been on here for a few days and come and read everyones posts and madly reply heheheh...

x

Hi everyone, and welcome to HarliRexx!
Sorry to hear about your kitty Sideways, it's always hard when a pet leaves us, so I think it's lovely to organise a little plot for him.

Hope everyone else is ok? Had a day away from here as I went to see my lovely parents for the weekend to show them our wedding photos, but now I'm back!

I'm on CD7 and still loving the CBFM, now it's actually asking me to do stuff it's much more exciting!
We bought a 'trying to conceive' book today and a baby names one too (probably a little soon, but I really wanted to have a look!)
Lots of :dust: to you all! Xx

Misssazra BCFM is great fun isn't it! I bet you never knew you would have so much fun POAS!

I'm only on day 3 so still waiting for my instructions this month!!!

I found out this weekend that my sister in law is trying for a baby (her first also). I know it sounds stupid but i felt really jelous when she told me (i still kept quiet however) the race is now on - I would be gutted if she gets pregnant before me!!!! I know thats really silly thou!!!!

I know, it really is the most fun! lol

My sister in law had her first in April, and although it was way before we were even thinking about it, I was still very jealous, so I can understand how you feel.

Its crazy shes not even pregnant yet but keeps texting me saying that she thinks she is... I want to tell her we are trying but I don't want anyone knowing as I think it increases the preasure!!!

I would be pleased for her if she was but its still hard isnt it.

My other friend has said they are going to start trying in the new year - I guess its because we are all around 'that age'... it will be nice however if we all get pregnant around the same sort of time as lots of babies to play together!

I'd love to tell people as well, but you know they'd just keep expecting the news then. It's much better to keep quiet I think, like you say, I think you're right, it takes the pressure off a bit.

I have a friend who got her BFP in September, a week before her wedding. When I took her out for her bachelorette party, we got to talking about TTC. She apparently didn't realize that there are only a few days in the month when you can get pregnant...then she got her BFP two weeks later...argh...
I am happy for her, but I'm finding it quite difficult also. So, TurtleBeach, I totally understand how it feels like a race sometimes.

She didn't realise either. She said 'we have been having sex every single day of the month so we should be pregnant with all that sex' so I said to her you do realise you are only fertile during a few days around ovulation - but she didnt realise either.... I bet shes reading up on it all now!!!

I always think about when people get pregnant accidently, like the condom accidently breaks at just the right time.... how lucky (or unlucky in some cases) is that!!!!

ugh, yeah I have a few friends who have recently gotten pregnant, one of which was a total accident, and while I'm happy for them, I'm SOOO freekin jealous!!! UGH! hahaha. I'm very aware of the fact that all my cousins are also similar age to me, and married and my brother is engaged too so any of them could all come out with news at any stage about a pregnancy too, though I don't know if any are trying, but it's like *I* wanna be first... haha!

And here I am, with STILL no sign of AF... I tested again (clear blue) yesterday morning with a very definite BFN. UGH!!! Currently on CD 40/23 DPO with NOTHING. Nadda. Zilch. No sign of either AF or a BFN. UGH UGH UGH.

Feeling really crappy right now. Very very good friend (aka those you adopt as pretty much family) passed away on sunday [expected, but still not nice] and this whole drama with my body not doing ANYTHING, I just wanna pack up and cry my day away.... :(

I had a really good look back through years of old calenders where I marked my cycles, and I have once had a 42 day cycle (18 months ago; I was studying for big exams at the time, and put it down to stress) soooo I'm still "only" at 40 days now... I guess I'll wait until thursday (42 days) to see if anything comes along then, and then, test again maybe?

If there's still no BFP or AF in another week I'll go and see a doctor for a blood test I think, and from there I guess we'll just see if we can find anything...!

:(

ahaha! And LITERALLY as I post this, I go to the loo.... and AF has arrived! I never even felt her coming... lol.

Seeing I've had so many BFN waiting for her, I am not disappointed at her arrival, and now I'm HAPPY that at last I can start the next cycle!!! Bring it ON!!!!

Flying, sorry for the arrival of your AF.

turtle, I know how you feel when it comes to other family members being pregnant. Jealousy is normal I think. You just try to let it go and be happy for them. And I don't want to tell anyone that we're TTC either because people are like vultures it seems.. they always want updates. Never knew that so many people were interested in me expanding my family.

But, with everything that's going on in my life these past couple of days, I'm not sure if we'll catch the egg this month or not. DH and I have no BD since Saturday, and I forgot to use my OPK this morning. Our minds are completely on the mourning of our poor kitty. Now, I just learn that his brother (the white kitty you see in the 1st few posts of mine on this thread) may also have the same condition that took the life of my grey kitty. Supposedly cats with this condition only have a 5-6 year life expectancy and my Dopey lived 6½ years... Pinky is just a timebomb then. Of course I am just jumping to conclusions now because I haven't taken him to the vet to get a diagnosis. But that will happen very soon. Yet... all this worrying has honestly put TTC in the back of my mind for now. Maybe it will get better over the next couple of days. Sorry guys, I'm sure you're tired of hearing me harp on about my cats.

You're not harping on, Sideways. It's natural to feel like this, we all get so close to our pets, feel free to talk about how you feel as much as you want or need to. And it's natural to be worried about your other cat, but like you said, get him to the vet and find out for sure. I'm so sorry you're going through all this, but we're all here to talk to, and hopefully help you! Sending you big hugs! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->