TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

I'm loving it, I can't wait to get up and see where I am in my cycle. Only on CD8 so nothing much is happening with it at the moment, but can't wait til I get 2 bars on it instead of the 1 I get every day at the moment!

I'm also on CD8 :)
I really need to remember to use my OPK tomorrow morning!

I'm on CD16 and I think I may have messed up my CBFM this month...I posted this on the CBFM thread also:

On CD 13, I woke up too late. I POAS without realizing that my testing window was finished. So, I look at the stick and see that the estrogen line is a bit paler than CD12 and there is a pale LH line that wasn't there on CD 12. I know...we're not supposed to try to read the lines. We were at the in-laws house, with all the family there, so it wasn't like we were gonna :sex: anyways. There wasn't much :sex: in the days before this either because I had been working 5 night shifts in a row. I tried to forget about it and I tested as usual on CD 14...CBFM showed low. The estrogen line was sort of dark again and there was no LH line at all.

Now I am on CD 16 and the CBFM is still showing low, with dark estrogen line and no LH line. I'm trying not to panic because I only got my first high on CD17 last cycle...but I'm panicking!!! The whole reason I got the CBFM is because my cycles are irregular, so I'm worried that maybe I missed out somehow.

I am trying to remain calm and wait to see what the next days bring...it's not working very well right now.

I see alot of you use the CBFM. I purchased the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests. Anyone familiar with these? Can anyone tell me the basic differences between the two? The CBFM just seems so expensive and complicated, since I'm just starting TTC I'm not sure if I want to invest in one just yet, but I def do need some kind of help since I'm not positive where I am in my cycle just yet.

Harli, I use those. I bought the pack with 20 test sticks. I have no idea what the difference between those and the CBFM is... I just know the latter is very expensive!!

The 20-pack Clearblue OPK is about $50 in stores, but I found it for $27 on amazon.com... this is cheaper than most bids on ebay go for. Plus right now amazon has free 2-day shipping on any baby-related items. :)

rducky, please don't panic! I know it's hard not to, but as you said your cycles are irregular, so just be patient! lol I also know that's not very easy to do. *sigh*

I see alot of you use the CBFM. I purchased the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests. Anyone familiar with these? Can anyone tell me the basic differences between the two? The CBFM just seems so expensive and complicated, since I'm just starting TTC I'm not sure if I want to invest in one just yet, but I def do need some kind of help since I'm not positive where I am in my cycle just yet.

Clearblue digital ovulation tests are basically OPKs that show a smiley face when they detect your LH surge. The LH surge shows that you should ovulate in the next 12-36 hours.

The CBFM is a monitor that requires specific testing sticks. It tests for 2 different hormones, estrogen and LH, so it is supposed to identify up to 6 fertile days in your cycle. This way you can start :sex: in advance of the LH surge so that you have more chance of catching the egg.

I chose the CBFM because my cycles are irregular, so from month to month I would have no idea when to start using OPKs. I figured that either way I would either spend a lot on OPKs because I would sometimes need to use them for 15 or more days in a row, or I would spend a bunch up front on the CBFM. You can find CBFMs for way cheaper than retail price on ebay.

Hi all
I just joined this forum because I wanted to get involved with a support system too.
I am feeling pretty discouraged today because my husband and I have now been trying for 5 months, and just yesterday our biggest hope turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.

We are going to keep on trying but it is so stressful and I feel like I used up a lot of my patience with this last round :)

I know so many couples are in the same situation of trying, waiting and then repeating but sometimes it feels like there's no one to discuss the emotions with!

Anyway, so hello and I hope to be able to contribute often (up to and beyond when our time for a BFP will come!)

I love Amazon... thats where I ordered mine!

Thanks so much rducky, that explains alot! Hopefully I have success with these but who knows. Once I started paying attention I seemed to be on a fairly regular cycle with my Mirena still in, and I timed the removal with my period, so I'm hoping I stay on a pretty normal schedule.

I'm feeling pretty good about starting out with these but enough people seem to like the CBFM that it would be worth looking into down the road if needed.

Welcome SMFirst!

So sorry to hear about your chemical..It must be so difficult. You will find a lot of good support in our little group, and also on the forum in general. :hugs:

SMFirst... first of all welcome to BnB and we're glad that you wanted to join our little group! There are some fantastic ladies on this thread. I don't think I could stress that any more.

Second, I am so sorry about your chemical pregnancy. I hear about this a lot... what is a chemical pregnancy? As far as patience, I think we can all identify with you on that one. Good luck hon and we'll keep our fingers crossed that this next cycle is yours!

Sideways I have been thinking about you. I hope things get easier for you. It'll just take time but you will heal. My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your DH get through this hard time.

SMFirst welcome! I hope you enjoy our little group.

Thanks Bby. Wish there was an emoticon for "happy tears" so that I could express how I feel about everyone and their wonderful support :)

I couldn't agree more. I would of been an even bigger mess with my situation if it wasn't for all of your support.

Welcome SMFirst. I am still pretty new to this forum too. There is definitely alot of great info and support on here. Also a great way to vent and talk about all the baby related stuff buzzing around in your head without driving your OH crazy.

Welcome SMFirst!
My email didn't update me again that there were so many replies, so have been catching up.

I got my CBFM at half price on Amazon, which is the main reason I got it when I did, otherwise I would have gone with the sticks first. However, I got the monitor for almost the same price.

I am still looking into getting a CBFM, I just can't believe how pricey they are.

Welcome SMFirst!
My email didn't update me again that there were so many replies, so have been catching up.

I got my CBFM at half price on Amazon, which is the main reason I got it when I did, otherwise I would have gone with the sticks first. However, I got the monitor for almost the same price.

How is that possible to get one half price? Was it 2nd hand? I heard if you get one that has been used it is a pain to reprogram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->