TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Susan, I'm sure one-a-days are just fine. He should at least be taking a multi, ttc or not! I'm glad he's willing to do that.

WBB, I feel the same way. All I see is pregnant women. Everywhere I look!! :hissy:

Afm, I went to the doc today!!!! He gave me clomid!!!!! :wohoo: I showed him my charts and my blood tests. He said I'm definitely o'ing, which is good, but yes my prog levels are a bit low. He said it could have been just a bum month though, because this hormone can be different drastically month to month. He asked if I preferred clomid or progesterone pills (up the vajay jay) and I said let's try Clomid. Yippee!! I'm getting my prog levels tested again on CD 21. He told me not to temp or use opks anymore. Yikes. Not sure how I feel about that...we're to :sex: on cd12, 14, 16 and 18 and just relax. Somehow, him telling me that didn't tick me off. :rofl: So, I'm going to try HARD not to temp and obsess. :blush:

So I feel sooo good about this! So happy that something is being done. It may not happen the first cycle, but clomid doubles the chances of getting preggo each cycle. Still only 30-40%, but better than 15-20%!

We'll see how it goes...

wow Rosa that's awesome! Good for you!

Guys, my responses for the next little bit may be short and far between, while I try to take care of myself a little bit. I'm getting really close to needing IV fluids.... for now I'm going to take a nap while I can.
See you later when I feel better!

definitely take care of yourself Sideways - best wishes.

Rosa - that's really great that your doctor is putting you on the road to success.. I guess the not temping or OPK's is to take your mind off the whole thing (keep stress down)?

Well we'll see how it goes!

Sideways, we'll miss you, but we understand. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: Check in on us from time to time!

Susan, yes, the lack of temping and opks is for me to relax and not get obsessed. I was like TOO LATE DOC! :rofl: I was still going to temp, and my dh was like what will it change? We've been told to dtd on cd 12, 14, 16, and 18, and we'll throw in 20, just in case I o late, but other than that, it doesn't make a difference. I'm like butttttt.....my temps!!!! I just got a new thermometer AND paid for 3 months of FF!!! :hissy: So yeah...so far the non-stressing is going well. :blush:

Sideways, we'll miss you, but we understand. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: Check in on us from time to time!

Susan, yes, the lack of temping and opks is for me to relax and not get obsessed. I was like TOO LATE DOC! :rofl: I was still going to temp, and my dh was like what will it change? We've been told to dtd on cd 12, 14, 16, and 18, and we'll throw in 20, just in case I o late, but other than that, it doesn't make a difference. I'm like butttttt.....my temps!!!! I just got a new thermometer AND paid for 3 months of FF!!! :hissy: So yeah...so far the non-stressing is going well. :blush:

hehe - I'd agree - still temp (it seems like it would stress you more not to!)

the BD days sounds like a good plan..

Yes, I think I'll still temp. I'll compromise and not do opks, though. It worries me to only bd on 12, 14, 16 and 18, though. I know people say every other day is fine, but I feel like we should dtd every day! We'll try it, though. :shrug: If nothing else, I'll go back to opks and sperm meets egg plan next cycle, along with clomid.

How's everyone doing? :hi:

I think it's much better to DTD every other day to let the sperm build up.. ;)

No real news for me. Feeling good (it's very sunny here but cold!), happy its the weekend soon!

hi everyone, I'm back. Feeling a little better.... almost had to go to the ER a couple days ago but I'm better now.
Rosa I agree with SM that every other day is probably best :) Good luck hon! Maybe you won't need Clomid after all.

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks, Sideways. We'll try the every other day thing, since smep isn't working. :shrug: If we're on to the next cycle, I"ll add opks back in. I've decided to continue temping. I can't not. I would stress about did it o, when did i o, how many dpo am I, am I late? AHHHH!!!! Soooo...back to temping to calm me down. :wacko: With that said, my temp was 98 this morning. WTF?! I'm only cd 7! How did I o already?! Well, after a little research, evidently Clomid can raise temps while you take it. Whew! That makes me feel better.

oh wow didn't know you were on Clomid already. Sorry I'm behind the times!

I agree though, I would keep temping... I felt more "in control" when I knew what was going on with my body.

Hi all

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

Well my first AF after the MC is in the near distance - very weird being happy about that..

Right now it's just spotting (as of yesterday) but I figure any hour now it'll be the real thing.. Hoping it's not too heavy but I'm prepared..

I still want to take it easy and not jump too much into TTC but we'll see :)

well good things are moving along for you Susan :) and take your time hon, if you're not too ready yet then it's ok. Have you heard anything further from the doctor?

Susan, is this your first bleeding since the mc? Are you supposed to have a full on AF to know it's safe to try again?

Nothing new here...Clomid gave me crazy hot flashes in the middle of the night. Gross! I woke up every night the past few nights absolutely sweating. Yuck. BUT if it gives me my :bfp: I'll take it!

Deep down, I can't help but wonder if it's my dh's issue and not my ovulation. I truly hope it's just a progesterone, not producing mature eggs deal. Because if it IS, Clomid should help. FX for me. :hugs:

Sideways - I have gotten my results back from testing thyroid and blood clotting things and all looks normal..

I feel like I am emotionally ready. Although I had a little cry last night just about being back at the start again and feeling a little left behind but then I smartened up and got over it.

Rosa - Yes this is the first AF since the MC. I was told to wait at least one cycle so technically we can be TTC again now.

I would actually like my husband to have a sperm analysis too to be sure all is good there (since he won't take his vitamins I know he is not getting all he should...) but that could only happen after a year of trying so if nothing happens by June then he'll go.

Why does he have to wait a year? Because of insurance?

Will you start trying this cycle? You must feel relief of being done with the mc and ready to move on, right? :hugs: June isn't that far away, just a few months. Have you talked to a doc about starting Clomid? I haven't been trying a year yet, and mine prescribed it to me. :shrug: Worth asking.

No not insurance reasons.. we started trying in June/ July 2010 so at that time the doctor said that if nothing happens in a year then he could get tested but they wouldn't do it beforehand (since it seems to take some couples up to a year to get pregnant though of course in my experience all my friends fall pregnant their first try :( )

We'll "try" this cycle but not too much (of course it turns out my DH will be away the time I expect to Ov).

I haven't given much thought to Clomid.

Since we did not conceive without the help of Preseed last time, my concerns about conceiving are either that I have hostile CM or that my DH's sperms are not as healthy as they could be.

But otherwise internally things seem to be ok (ie no obvious reason for my MC)

I'm going to have another talk with DH about vitamins (he refuses to read any articles I send him by email, regardless of the topic - annoying)..

For myself, I wasn't going to go back to taking supplements etc but I caved.

So now I am taking the Evening Primrose Oil from now til Ov and I am drinking Green tea (but not too much as it interferes with Folic Acid uptake)

And then I am also taking a multi-vitamin (not prenatal yet as I want to finish off this bottle!) and a B-vitamin complex (B-50)

Hi Susan. Many prayers going out to you that you'll get that "sticky bean" soon. I know you're pressuring your DH to take the vitamins. I was pressuring mine, too, but he didn't really want to (and never did). I did convince him however to eat some pumpkin seeds, they are supposed to be rich in zinc which is good for spermy's health. Maybe you can go that route with him? I don't think that men understand the anguish we go through trying to get pregnant, but sometimes maybe that's a good thing? You know, to keep an even balance and stuff lol. If my DH was as fanatical as I was about certain things, I think he would drive me crazier than he does being indifferent. :haha:

But I am glad that your test results came back normal. Doesn't offer much closure, but at least you know you're healthy in that respect.

Rosa, how are you feeling? Getting close to BD time isn't it? :)

Hey Sideways! :hi: Yep, bd'ing starts tonight. :winkwink: Too early, but gotta whip those :spermy: into shape. :haha: We'll do it every other day starting today. However, next Monday we have NO time unless we do it in the morning. :wacko: I am sooooo not a morning person, but it's either that or midnight, which is worse. It's so weird to "schedule" it like this, isn't it?! We've never had this Monday issue before, and it sucks.

I'm feeling pretty good. Still having night hot flashes, they wake me up! It's gross, I'm so sweaty! My temps are still really high in the morning, too. I'm positive it's the Clomid (since google told me :blush:) but I don't want it to mess up my biphasic chart!

Sideways, how are YOU feeling?

Not happy:-( AF showed up today, cd 24? What's going on?
Probably best to see my gp for some testing.

Hope you're all well xx

Hey Englishgirl - That would be a little confusing! Have you been taking any different supplements or something that could shift it? Best to talk to your GP, like you say..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->