TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Welcome, ladygagafan! :)
Good luck and :dust:
Where are you in your cycle?

I'm thinking I want to have a bunny themed nursery :bunny:

That would be so cute, and great for a boy or girl :)
I like the dancing bunny icon too :)

I think it's precious, too! We haven't really thought of a theme. I just know I don't want to paint the walls neither pink nor blue.

Well the room that will be the nursery is already a sort of greyish blue color, with beige frieze carpet with blue and brown flecks, so needless to say it will be alot easier if we have a boy. I think Peter Rabbit decorations would look great with it!

when we moved into our house (in March 2010) I immediately chose a light green color for the "second" bedroom, which is planned to be the nursery.

I think the paint color is actually called Green Tea :)

Haven't got plans for decorations yet, although I love whimsical art work so I'm always on the lookout for that.

One of my absolute favorite childhood stories was Paddington Bear, so I like all teddy bear related things :)

Oh wow! I had totally forgotten about Paddington Bear! So cute.

Yeah that would be a good color to work with, sounds tasteful and subtle, good for either gender.

Ooooh, I'm in a dilemma now! Have managed to bag tickets for a concert next July. If we get pregnant this cycle then I'll be 9 months by July so will make it hard to go (or enjoy myself). So do I wait this month out, or try, knowing that it could take ages anyway???? Such a dilemma!

Has taken me 5 hours to get these tickets!

Wow!! I say, hang on to the tickets just in case. If you end up pregnant, then you can either go or choose to sell them instead. I know lots of women who are in their very last weeks of pregnancy who manage to get around and have a great time at sporting events or concerts or whatever. :)

What concert?

I'll definitely hang on to them, cos chances are it wouldn't happen this cycle anyways. But now knowing my luck it will, and I'll have to give up the tickets for a band I've wanted to see for about 15 years! It's for Take That, and I'm super excited! We have standing or open seating tickets, so I could sit if it came to it (but I know I would want to stand cos we saw Green Day this June at the same place and were standing and it was amazing!) Decisions, decisions! lol

Would the noise not harm the baby?

I don't think I've heard of Take That, but I am totally jealous that you saw Green Day!! I want to see Metallica again. I saw them in concert when I was 16 (boy was my mom an idiot for letting a 16-yr-old girl go to THAT concert LOL). Alice in Chains and Days of the New opened for them. And I sure do wish that Pink Floyd would get back together and tour again... sigh... they're getting too old :(

Green Day were awesome. We were about 5 rows from the front, and Billie Joe was looking hot! They did 2 and half hours of songs, and couldn't fault them at all!

Take That aren't really global, just UK really, but are so popular they crashed all the ticket websites for the majority of the day. Getting tickets is a big accomplishment, and I've liked them since I was 10!

Ohhh man, I really shouldn't have switched straight to decaff with no warning... my HEEEAAADD!!! owie. I only have 2-4 cups a day too, sheesh I feel for those who have heaps more and have to go off caffine...! LOL!!

On a better note though, :witch: is departing now, still some traces wafting about, but should be gone by tomorrow! YAY! Sooo can't wait to try again for another cycle! And it even looks like it'll be in perfect timing to O before DH goes in for his next hand surgery (which will put him out of action for a couple of weeks after...) so we can get in :sex: first, and while he recovers he can mope about and cause me to keep my mind off the TWW! hahahaha. And hey, I might even be able to give him some good news to keep his mind off his hand. FX for :bfp: this time around!!!

I think my cousins in Scotland were trying today to get tickets to a Take That concert - on facebook they were so happy because the got "The Tickets" and I didn't understand what they were raving about!

We are going to the Roger Waters concert (Pink Flloyd but without the whole band) in December (they are playing "The Wall" album) - excited!

MissSazra - I think you should keep trying this month. If you don't get a BFP, then at least you tried, and if you do get a BFP (murphy's law) then you'll be more excited about that overall than the concert anyway! And maybe you'll still be able to go to the concert..

flyingduster - I'm in the same boat (AF just leaving) - I am actually really excited to try again this round :)

I think I've been playing on this site a lot these last couple of days, but even though it's all talking about TTC, I find it's actually helping keep the stress level down. Hopefully it will be the same in the TWW :)

That's true SMFirst, I really would be so excited. But I'm sure I could do both! lol

Maybe I could go into labour at the concert and get to meet the band! hehehe

You guys are so funny :)

flyingduster - I have been weaning myself from the caffeine for a couple months now and at first it was kind of hard. Although I never drank coffee, I regularly drank a Diet Mountain Dew in the mornings. Since then I've been drinking Sprite and Caffeine Free Coke. So, instead of caffeine I'm getting calories.... lol. Hey I look at it this way, they say you should consume an extra 300 calories a day during pregnancy. I can get mine from Coke. LOL!

SMFirst -- I am so jealous! I wanted to go see Roger Waters when he was around here but his tickets were way more than I'd want to pay for - I think they were $220 a piece. I like him, but not that much. Oh well.

MissSazra -- I think SM is right that you would be just as excited to get your BFP this cycle :) Would you beat yourself up if you decided to forego babymaking?

I agree, I would be completely excited, but I would still want to go to the concert! lol

Hello ladies, how we all doing?

I have a cracking headache, I've had it since last night and it's not even gone yet, Dunno what it is. Hopefully AF symptoms as i've been getting cramps too, and mega mood swings :haha:

You guys are so funny :)

flyingduster - I have been weaning myself from the caffeine for a couple months now and at first it was kind of hard. Although I never drank coffee, I regularly drank a Diet Mountain Dew in the mornings. Since then I've been drinking Sprite and Caffeine Free Coke. So, instead of caffeine I'm getting calories.... lol. Hey I look at it this way, they say you should consume an extra 300 calories a day during pregnancy. I can get mine from Coke. LOL!

SMFirst -- I am so jealous! I wanted to go see Roger Waters when he was around here but his tickets were way more than I'd want to pay for - I think they were $220 a piece. I like him, but not that much. Oh well.

MissSazra -- I think SM is right that you would be just as excited to get your BFP this cycle :) Would you beat yourself up if you decided to forego babymaking?

The tickets to the Rogers Waters concert were my gift to my DH for his birthday (actually his 40th, we have an 11 year age gap, but that's another topic!).
I think they were around $100 CDN each (which is likely the most I could bring myself to spend for a concert)

Hi Sideways 8 I've added you. I'm new and just started TTC. We've not had the best response from people, we're getting married in 2 weeks and people think we're rushing things (have been together nearly 4 years).

Hello everybody. Welcome to CarolineWales, Babyhopes, and Ladygagfan!

Hope everyone is well today! I've just woken up (worked night shift last night) and I've used my CBFM. I jumped straight to a peak reading today on CD19, no highs before this. Strange. I felt like I should have had a high reading yesterday based on what the stick looked like, and I had more CM. I think we covered the BD in the last couple days, so maybe I've still got a chance. Of course, I'll also try do my best in the next few days ...

CarolineWales, I've gotten that same response in the past. "Don't rush it, you've just gotten married". I think that some people don't understand that you don't just get pregnant when you decide you're ready...it can take time.

Babyhopes, saw the pic of your CBFM stick in the other thread. Looks like a high or almost a peak to me! I hope you're feeling better.

Where is everyone else at in their cycle? I can't keep track!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->