TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Oh ya, MissSazra, keep the concert tickets! And keep trying this month! I agree with the other girls.

I'll buddy with you!!!

So Glad to see you gals on here!!! We are also TTC for Baby #1!! :)

The pressures in my family is also just to much to ever let them in on the secret! I have had to go through all 3 of my sister in laws and their pregnancy's it was heartbreaking. The last one is due any day now.

My Ov day was today :) Yay!!!! So I really hope I can do a test soon!!

I'll buddy with you!!!

So Glad to see you gals on here!!! We are also TTC for Baby #1!! :)

The pressures in my family is also just to much to ever let them in on the secret! I have had to go through all 3 of my sister in laws and their pregnancy's it was heartbreaking. The last one is due any day now.

My Ov day was today :) Yay!!!! So I really hope I can do a test soon!!

Good luck with your testing! And though it's hard to keep the info from your family it's probably better in the long run!

wow, Caroline and Lindy sounds like you are both in your TWW. Good luck!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you both! :dust:

rducky I am on CD11 but I have no idea when I'll ovulate. I'm still coming getting my cycle regulated after coming off the pill in June. Also -- good luck to you, sounds like now you're also in the TWW. I'm so excited!!!!!

ToxicFox - good luck getting your AF, I know not a lot of people on here would encourage that but since you're trying to get your cycles regulated I can definitely relate! I haven't gone as long as you without a period but I went 55 days earlier this summer.

Caroline - I can't believe people are telling you to slow down with TTC. I don't think I was married for more than 5 minutes before I got the first "so when are yall gonna have kids?" question. Then it was pretty much daily after that... and I've been married for a year! I haven't told a soul we've just started TTC because the whole world feels like they need a dang update on how much unprotected sex we're having................ lol!!

Lindy - I definitely understand the pressure from family :)

Morning all!

Just looked at the monitor, CD13 and still a low! :(
:dust: to everyone!

Thanks rducky. It goes to show why nothing happened last month though, as we :sex: on CD14 thinking it was mid cycle so it would be ok. Shows that it wasn't the right time for me, which is why I'm loving the monitor. Will just have to keep POAS for a little while longer to see those highs and peak day!

Thanks ToxicFox! Loving your new avatar, so cute!

Realised it's CD12 not 13, what a silly girl I am! Makes me feel a little better about my low again!

Awh well thats a good sign!
is it a CBFM you have?
I'm considering getting one :)

Yeah, just got it this cycle. I'm loving it so far. It's nice to know where you are in your cycle!

I might get one next cycle :D thanks for the info, that's quite cheap!!
Good luck, fingers crossed for you. :D

Hey.. I am so very new to this.I am waiting for AF so i can START to seriously figure out when i might ovulate. I have been on Depot Ralovera for a few year BUT havent been on it since December. started the pill after that but am no longer on it. havent been for ages. never actually took a whole slide either.
If any of you have any procedures/ methods/ reccommendations/ tips i would love to hear them.. <3

Thnks ladies xx

Amy

Good morning all! I hope everyone is doing well.

WELCOME!!!! To everyone that I haven't gotten a chance to talk to.

FX for :bfp: for everyone and lots of sticky :dust:

Amy, when was the last time you had a visit from AF?
If it's been a really long time I've heard of women going to the doctor to get progesterone to help jump-start things. And ToxicFox has been using agnus castus to get her cycle regulated. Good luck to you. and :dust:
:)

CD12 today. Used the Preseed for the first time. That stuff is cold! LOL. Wonder if there is a way to heat that crap up. :)

I think the Preseed is great. I didn't find it cold, but I think the box was placed in a warm spot in the house. I also didn't use very much (about 2mL, much less than the full applicator) so maybe that was why it wasn't very invasive ;)

We won't be using it til Wed though (CD10) which is perhaps still a little early.

For some reason it's hard to find in Canada (I went to an actual fertility clinic to get it)

I looked up those CBFM's here and they cost $250 CDN from the drugstore!
I think I'll hold out for a while (and certainly shop around like on amazon if I ever want to get one!)

ADD10: There's so much information on this site for methods etc but it is a bit of a chore to search it all.
Here are the things I have learned for TTC :
1) Take a prenatal vitamin daily
2) Eat healthy and decrease caffeine, and really try to avoid alcohol completely
3) Drink lots of water (helps regulate so many things in the body (like pH) and create fertile CM)
4) Do the SMEP method : BD every other day from about CD8 through CD16 (and maybe an extra day when you know you've ovulated)
5) Use OPKs or a fertility monitor to determine when you ovulate (I haven't done this yet as I get sharp pains when I ovulate so I've trusted that so far, not that it's been successful for me... hmmm)
6) Use preseed sperm-friendly lubricant for BD time :)

I've also started taking "Evening Primrose Oil" capsules from CD1 to roughly ovulation time, then continuing with "Flaxseed Oil" capsules - it helps generate sperm-friendly CM and even if it doesn't help this cycle, it also has other helpful health benfits (in fact my DH was trying to get me to take Flaxseed oil a long time ago)

I'm the other very friendly ladies her have many other ideas too :)
Good luck

long post sorry!

I think the Preseed is great. I didn't find it cold, but I think the box was placed in a warm spot in the house. I also didn't use very much (about 2mL, much less than the full applicator) so maybe that was why it wasn't very invasive ;)

We won't be using it til Wed though (CD10) which is perhaps still a little early.

For some reason it's hard to find in Canada (I went to an actual fertility clinic to get it)

I looked up those CBFM's here and they cost $250 CDN from the drugstore!
I think I'll hold out for a while (and certainly shop around like on amazon if I ever want to get one!)

SMfirst, Where in Canada are you? I haven't seen Preseed anywhere...haven't tried a fertility clinic though.

If you're in the market for a CBFM, try ebay, craigslist and kijiji here in Canada. You can get them much cheaper than from the pharmacy.

Welcome, Amy! There is tons of info around here. My first piece of advice is to start tracking your cycles so that you have an idea of what's going on. I took the pill for around 10 years. When I stopped last November, I started learning that my cycles are not regular, which can make TTC a little more frustrating. Make sure to keep track of your dates.
I don't do basal body temperature charting, so I can't advise you there. I use a fertility monitor.

If you have questions, you will find a really helpful bunch of ladies here!

Good luck and plenty of :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->