TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

can I post a short off-topic rant please (maybe you guys can relate..)

(maybe this would be helpful to take our minds off baby-stuff!)

I don't know why I let this bother me so much every time, but it seems like whenever I organize a get-together, people just don't RSVP. And its often my closest friends that either never respond or wait until the last minute. This was even the case with our wedding, where knowing numbers was really important. Even after I send a reminder, they still don't RSVP!
Most events aren't that important to know exactly who's coming, but now it's like the principle of it - I think it's rude for people to ignore a message (I guess it's the age of electronics - I always send emails now, and talk less on the phone..)

Anyway, I'm glad I have a couple of reliable friends and family members! but the rest of them, boy it gets on my nerves!!

anyone have any advice on this topic ;)

I have my FX for everyone, we DO need a BFP in our wee group to keep the hope alive!!! Who is near to testing now?? Anyone got any symptoms?

I'm just on CD8 now, so starting the next round of baby dancing, though I don't usually O until CD14-16 so we have another week to go really... Ohhhhh, lets HOPE!!! A BFP before Christmas for us ALLLLLLLL!!! muahahahaha

can I post a short off-topic rant please (maybe you guys can relate..)

(maybe this would be helpful to take our minds off baby-stuff!)

I don't know why I let this bother me so much every time, but it seems like whenever I organize a get-together, people just don't RSVP. And its often my closest friends that either never respond or wait until the last minute. This was even the case with our wedding, where knowing numbers was really important. Even after I send a reminder, they still don't RSVP!
Most events aren't that important to know exactly who's coming, but now it's like the principle of it - I think it's rude for people to ignore a message (I guess it's the age of electronics - I always send emails now, and talk less on the phone..)

Anyway, I'm glad I have a couple of reliable friends and family members! but the rest of them, boy it gets on my nerves!!

anyone have any advice on this topic ;)

I don't have any advice, but I can definitely relate! People just don't RSVP these days...It is really irritating. The same thing happened for our wedding, and for just about any social gathering I planned. I find the worst was when I was organizing showers/bachelorette parties for other people. Their friends took forever to respond...Argh!

Time is dragging by for me...3dpo...yawn...nothing to report, except that days really pass slowly when you are just waiting. Can I fast forward now?

I'm CD15 now, 3rd high on the monitor, still having :sex: like mad! lol Hopefully this will be our month, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

hi all,
Am new to this and we are trying to concieve our first, was due my Af on sun past and hasnt arrived so did a test today and it was negative. earlier this afternnon had some light cramps and a small amount of brownish discharge(sorry to be so graphic!)have also had very tender boobs for the past 2 weeks. we have been TTC for 3 months now and just wondered if anyone had experienced the same feeling a bit confused so would love some advice as family & friends dont know wea re trying so cant talk to anyone about this untill i found this great website tonight,
thanks in advance x

Welcome, coco!! It's hard to say really... so many of the early pregnancy symptoms are the same as AF symptoms. But I will have my fingers crossed for you!! We need a bfp!!!

SMFirst - the RSVP thing drives me mad, too. It was like that with our wedding, and lots of other events where knowing the numbers was important. Then when you call and remind folks, they act irritated, like you're bothering them. Ugh. I don't understand it. It's common courtesy to let people know if you're going or not. When you either a) wait till the last minute to decide if you're going, or b) don't respond yes or no at all... it makes me feel like my party is your "plan b" for the night. And maybe it is. But I don't want to feel second-hand to something else. Who does?? As far as how to deal with it, just start calling folks and asking them if they're coming or not. Explain that the number of people who come is important. If they respond no, but show up anyway, it depends on the situation you can turn them down... let them know that you only planned for enough food/drinks/whatever for those that actually responded yes and showed up. I've never done that, but have heard of folks who do.

Well update for me. I spent most of my day in some personal development training at work... tomorrow will be no different. Around 4pm I started feeling some slight twinges on what I would only imagine is my right ovary.. maybe ovulation? Maybe just a crazy nerve who knows... I haven't gotten a smiley on my OPK yet. Maybe I missed my surge? Maybe not.... today is CD15 and based on my recent cycle lengths I would say I probably shouldn't ov until CD25 or so. What do you guys think, am I crazy? If we :sex: last night is that ok or should we go ahead and try for tonight as well? I don't want to get burned out on :sex: :(

Hi Coco, welcome to the group!

Sideways, I know lots of people on here :sex: every other day, so I don't see why it should be a problem if you don't today. I'm just worried about not :sex: every day, so have dragged my hubby off every day that we've had a high! TBH I don't know how much more I can get enthusiastic about! :haha:

If anyone doesnt have a ttc buudy would love one! Due to test 19th october anyone with me???

ooppps i meant november 19th sorry im tired its late lol but anyone who wants to join me is welcome im very new to this x

Hi Jade, Sorry to hear about everything you've been through, it sounds awful. Sending you lots of sticky :dust: Xx

Thank you so much for your lovely message.
so depressed at the mon cant believe im going into my 32nd cycle i gutted beyond belief.
we are giving up in dec it is just too upsetting.
hope your ok, thank you for your message, hope you get your BFP.

Jade xxx

Hi coco, welcome :)

The best thing to do is wait a few days (up to a week if you can tolerate it) and if still no AF, then test again or even make a doctor's appointment.

Sideways8- I think there's no harm in BD'ing tonight, but if you wait until tomorrow morning or evening that will give the spermies a chance to build up again...

And I agree with you + rducky about the RSVP stuff - so frustrating. It even annoys me when people don't reply to emails in general but I've given up on that! Oh well I guess it's human nature for some people, but there are still some people who are very considerate which is refreshing :)

Miss Sazra- hope you don't get burnt out!! but best of luck ;)

ToxicFox - sorry about the headache- feel better ! (I find drinking more water helps sometimes)

Jade, doing ok to day. It's CD14, no sign of anything on my OPK's. I'm not too surprised. My cycle lengths since coming off birth control have been 45 days, 55 days, then 39 days.

DH and I are feeling better enough to where we're trying again. I'm really hoping for that BFP this time around!

How is everyone else today?

hi hun,

thanks for your message,
would love to say im doing ok but im not!! Im in my 32nd cycle im so gutted!!!!
giving up in dec to stresful and i cannot cope with it anymore!

im on cd1 so 14 days till i ovulate!! lets hope i get my BFP.

Jade xx

Hi Jade, Sorry to hear about everything you've been through, it sounds awful. Sending you lots of sticky :dust: Xx

Thank you so much for your lovely message.
so depressed at the mon cant believe im going into my 32nd cycle i gutted beyond belief.
we are giving up in dec it is just too upsetting.
hope your ok, thank you for your message, hope you get your BFP.

Jade xxx

Hi again Jade, don't know if you've posted this somewhere already, so sorry if you have. But what has your doctor said about the length of time you've been trying? Have they offered you any advice or ideas about what might help? Surely after 32 months, they should be in a position to offer help?
It must be dreadful for you both, and I can't even begin to imagine how you feel, but we're all here for you if you want to chat.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"