TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Hello Bumblebabes loving the cutiepie avatar!!

thanks mrsmatt

how r u getting on this month??
i am 10dpo and am getting the urge 2 test but want 2 leave it as long as i can
xxxxxxxxx

No change as yet.. though I was convinced I was pre-menstrual last wk.. tho it's been so long perhaps I am mistaking Ov symptoms for pre-menstrual? Hope so :) Trying to keep calm & positive....
Good luck when you do test.... hpk's are soooo expensive for the good ones... I am too scared to buy tat.... so try to hold off for a while ;)

your rite huni just keep positive and hopefully all will go well for the 2 of us :thumbup: xxx
they are expensive lol so goin 2 try hold out till the :witch: is due

Just think of our buying power for HPK's as a forum.... per unit.... any Essex TTC'ers want to chip in for a job lot??? ;) even with national shipping (inc Ireland) we'd make a saving ;)

Well we have a problem ladies!

I've had a hard, painful lump in my stomach for a few days and today decided I really should go to the doctor about it. Turns out I have an abscess and have been put on antibiotics. The doctor said they are safe to take when pregnant, but wasn't sure the effect they might have on a newly developing embryo. So if we have managed to get pregnant this cycle over the last few days I could have problems. I can't not take the tablets as it needs dealing with, and now. So looks like the :sex: will have to be put on hold as of now in this cycle, and just wait out the 2 weeks like normal. If it turns out we are pg then I'll have to see what the doctor says then.
I have to go and see my normal Dr on Tuesday about it anyway to check if it's clearing up, so will ask her what she thinks then.
Don't really know how I feel about it all. Would love to not take the tablets, but can't risk my own health at the moment! :(

sorry 2 hear that pet.... hope ur not 2 down
you are better off takin ur tablet tho and if the doc said there not harmful in pregnancies then maybe everything will go ok for u

because theres lots of people out there takin medication and they dont even no there preggers and everything be's go

dont worry 2 much huni hope alls well for ya :winkwink:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree MissSazra you know you are in existence so look after yourself IYKWIM!!

I was told that many generic antibiotics are absolutely fine for short-term use whilst preggers.... its a whole load of scaremongering mostly.

However I was advised my normal Trimethoprim is VERy dangerous in early pregnancy & even if I get cystitis from sex friction or bacteria I must not take it! ARRRGH. So far so good, though I've been wee'ing straight after sex (not washing though) to avoid it.

Wow! Our group is definately growing. Lol. Welcome to all the ladies that have joined this group. You have picked an awesome group to share, rant, and rave with. The ladies on here are absolutely amazing and no matter what they are all here for you.

As for me, no more ridiculous bleeding and no signs of AF yet. However, DH is going out of town next week but at least its only for one day. Hoping that the bleeding issue was god's way of telling me its my turn. A girl can hope right? haha. I hope everyone has a great day and lots of sticky :dust: to all of you.

Sideways - Thank you for everything! :hugs:

Hello everyone! Sorry I'm so late. I was in my training at work again today. I am glad that's over with :)

Welcome to all the new ladies! I've added you to my friends. We have a great group and have such wonderful support.

Bby -- when does your hubby get back? And I am soooo glad your bleeding is done. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
MissSazra -- sorry about the absess!! ack! I agree with MrsMatt that the antibiotics should be ok during early pregnancy. Of course, you could always google your drug to see what comes up! Just be careful and don't let the internet scare you more... I know I can get nervous by reading too much online.

To those in your TWW, I am getting excited for yall!! Keep us posted on your symptoms and stuff. A lot of the rest of us will be entering our TWW soon.

Update on me......... last night DH and I :sex: again even though I didn't get a smiley on my OPK...didn't get one this morning either. It's CD16 for me. Again, I really don't know when to expect one but it should be showing up anytime now. But I some twinges in the general area last night that made me feel like it could possibly be ovulation but I really have no friggin clue. LOL.

Positive mental vibes going out to everyone on this thread! I am excited for everyone! THIS WILL BE OUR CYCLE FOR THE :bfp: !!!

Oh, welcome to all the newcomers, I too have found this a great thread to read through! I've become a bit lost trying to keep track of a heap of threads, so have resorted to just keeping track of a few of the best ones!!! hehehe.

SMFirth, I hope your kitty is doing ok? I'm an animal nutter too, but both my kitties are still young right now so no issues with them. I do have a 13 year old dog though, and some of my rats are getting to be classed "old" soon too (damn their short lifespans!) it sucks when our furkids get old!!! :(

harlirexx, I *so* know what you mean! We were NTNP for ages really, not ever trying much at all we just would say 'kids will come along when they do' and not thinking much more about it. Then we decided we are getting 'older' and all of a sudden when we thought ahead by 9 months + however long until we GOT pregnant, and realised how old we'd be (I know, I know, we won't be old!!!! But we want kids while we're young...!) and hubby had his arms around me one night and said "I think I want kids.... now..." and omg, that switch flicked on me too and *ALL* I can think about is getting a BFP. RIGHT NOW. hahahaha! We tried last month with nothing, so this is only our second month now, and all I want is a BFP. And I want to be able to tell everyone. And I want a bump. And maternity clothes. And nappies. And a cot. And baby clothes! And photos of my baby. And and and and and and ...... haha. Obessed? Just a tad... ;) *sigh*

Miss Sazra, I hope you're ok, but yes for sure you need to take the pills for now, as YOU need to be in your best health to keep a baby well, and you might not even have a bubs to worry about in there yet... I can feel the tearing thoughts though! I know I'd be thinking "ohh, but if I could hold off for a couple of weeks I'd either be preggers already or into the next cycle and could take them with no worries...." haha! Don't!!!! Just take them, don't stress, and I'm sure everything will be fine. :) ((hugs))

FX for :BFP: for us all soon!!!!

Well we have a problem ladies!

I've had a hard, painful lump in my stomach for a few days and today decided I really should go to the doctor about it. Turns out I have an abscess and have been put on antibiotics. The doctor said they are safe to take when pregnant, but wasn't sure the effect they might have on a newly developing embryo. So if we have managed to get pregnant this cycle over the last few days I could have problems. I can't not take the tablets as it needs dealing with, and now. So looks like the :sex: will have to be put on hold as of now in this cycle, and just wait out the 2 weeks like normal. If it turns out we are pg then I'll have to see what the doctor says then.
I have to go and see my normal Dr on Tuesday about it anyway to check if it's clearing up, so will ask her what she thinks then.
Don't really know how I feel about it all. Would love to not take the tablets, but can't risk my own health at the moment! :(

Very sorry to hear!! But I agree you should definitely look after you own health for now as your baby will benefit from it in the long run...... :hug:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo.png?d=1286773200;3;29;11

Hi ladies I'm really new to this (this is my first post) me and my parter have just started ttc and I'm so excited I had my implant out just over 2weeks ago and just finished my first AF (is that rite??) So I should be ovulating on the 14th nov. I'm the same as you I'm not telling anyone until I am around 12weeks so I needed somebody to tell lol I already have a little boy called jack who's 4 in jan. I'm hoping to make some friends on here xxx

Welcome, jacks mummy!! We have a wonderful group of first time TTC'ers. Since you already have a young'un maybe you can give all of us some pointers! :)
And you can come here to vent/gripe/brag/shoot the bull. :) Good luck to you!

I am here *waves*

For the next hour til I go for my interview :)

Oooo, interview! Refresh my memory... what are you interviewing for?

Hi all,

Just a quick update about my horrible stomach problem. I have been back to the doctors this afternoon as I was in so much pain. They have upped the dose of the antibiotics to double the amount, but the doctor today said I was fine to have them if I am pg this month, so that has put my mind at ease and we will continue to :sex: this month! Hopefully, with twice the amount, I should recover a lot quicker! Fingers crossed!

Sideways.... I didn't say incase I jinx my chances ;) tis a shop job to tide me over til we move house in March... easy in, easy out sort of job... and then concentrate on something with more prospects once we've moved.

MissSazra... Glad they put your mind at ease but I am sorry ur in pain :(

Thanks MrsMatt, hope you get the job!

Feels like I've been stabbed, it's so painful!

Oh my goodness, MissSazra, I didn't realize it was that bad. Hopefully the antibiotics will kill this funk quickly! And I'm so glad to hear it won't affect the :baby: (if he/she is in there!! fx'd)

MrsMatt that's ok. Good luck!! I have a fulltime job (read: 48+ hours a week)... I'm ready to stop working so dang much. I'm trying to cut back 1 hour a day right now. Of course, I do spend a lot of time on this forum:haha:

It has been painful since Monday, but only today that it has gone mad and this painful. Just want these antibiotics to kick in quickly.

MissSazra- I hope you feel better soon. But good thing the medicine won't hurt the :baby: either.

Jacks mummy- Welcome! This is a great group.

Sideways- Well I'm not to sure on when he comes back but I believe it changed from one day to 3. So I am a little bummed about that. But its work right?

UPDATE for me the bleeding is there but its very light pink and its off and on. Nothing to heavy, but it could be AF cause today is the day I am expecting her. However, no cramps or anything AF related. So we will see.

THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR MONTH FOR THE :bfp:

Hi all
I was browsing around here today and came across another thread that mentioned how many of the women that were TTC in November 2009 are now either expecting or new mommies, and it is nice to imagine that we'll be in that position ourselves come November 2011 :)

Then I decided to go back to those older 2009 TTC threads myself and found this funny little list, which maybe you've all seen before but I thought I would post it again:

(MissSazra - #17 applies to you!)

You know you're TTC when...

1. the Big 'O' no longer refers to orgasm, but instead to ovulation
2. you show everyone who will look at your bbt charts
3. every twinge is a potential sign: ovulation pain OR perhaps implantation
4. it no longer strikes you as the least bit odd to check out at the pharmacy with both HPTs and tampons in your cart.
5. you schedule your social events around your ovulation day
6. if your OPK comes up +, you cancel all social engagements that night so you can BD & lie with your legs elevated and butt up in the air afterwards
7. you talk using mysterious acronymns that only your ttc buddies understand: ttc, BD, ewcm, bbt, opk, 2ww
8. your morning motto is: "Don't talk to me until I've taken my temperature"
9. you take your temperature more than once a day (committed TTCer)
10. you refuse to finish decorating that 3rd bedroom in your new house, because you can't stand the thought of getting it just the way you want it only to have to tear it apart next month in order to make room for the nursery you'll be needing.
11. you put off buying any fall/winter clothes, because you hope they won't fit by the time the weather gets cooler.
12. you clip coupons for OPKs and HPTs
13. your doctor says, "Now take these home and inject this needle into your stomach every day" and you don't even flinch.
14. you spend more on OPKs, HPTs, and fertility supplements than you do on clothes
15. the thought of nausea makes your heart skip a beat!
16. you make a mental note of what day of your cycle it is before you say "ok" to a drink
17. you get sick but make sure you can take the medicine in case you are pregnant...and would rather stay sick if you can't take the medicine..
18. you finally look forward to mornings! Another opportunity to take and record your temp!
19. you refer (and think) of your husband, not as his real name, but as the letters "DH" in real life
20. you suffer silently from Infertility Vision (IV) - defined as the ability to see pink lines that nobody else can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->