TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Sideways, I hope everything works out for you today. You're still in good time.

Bbylove, please keep us posted on what's going on with you. I have my fingers crossed!

Lindyk, you're testing on Thursday? How many DPO are you? I am feeling nervous now.

MissSazra, hope you're catching that egg!

:dust: to all!

Rducky how many dpo are you?

Hi all, hope everyone is ok.

I'm on CD20 and yet another high on the monitor. We stopped :sex: Tuesday though due to the pain I'm in (although the antibiotics have finally kicked in and it's looking a lot better, still very painful though). So I might already be out for this month. My iphone app said I was most likely fertile between 31st Oct and 3rd Nov, with ov predicted at 1st Nov, so we have that covered if that's the case.

Sending you all lots of :dust: Xx

now we can move on to discuss the TWW stresses and symptoms :)

I joined another thread for November testers to see what the stats were for all of us TTC in one month:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/431741-november-testers.html

should be interesting...

I'm on CD13 now, so just waiting on some EWCM to indicate something this week, and I'll be into the TWW too!!! I think, if nothing comes by xmas, that I will have to start trying out these OPKs too though... haha!

I need some help here girls....

I've been using my clear blue fertility monitor...

The way I understand it, it works by monitoring estrogen and LH surge. Before you have your LH surge (peak) which triggers the egg release your estrogen rises (this shows as high on the machine). So technically you should get up to 5 days high before your peak.

The last 2 months my machine has jumped straight from low to peak and given me no high days so therefore no warning. do you think this means something is wrong??

I got my peak today (luckily on Thursday night I felt like i was fertile - I had lots of clear stretchy CM and also felt the horn which is a real sign of mother nature telling you the time is right.... we ignored the machine and :sex: . We were too tired FRiday but last night (saturday) we ignored the machine saying low again and :sex: - this morning i got the peak so we are going to BD tonight and again tomorrow and maybe the next day too... (i'm so glad i trusted my body rather than the machine)...

I'm just confused as to why my estrogen is low? or not rising as it should?

turtlebeach - I think you are definitely right to listen to your body over the machine. Sounds like you BD at the right times! Good luck!
Your estrogen levels might not be low exactly (or anything to be worried about) but maybe it's just something in the sensitivity in the machine..
(I've never used the fertility monitor though so maybe others have more insight)

And good luck to you flyingduster

And everyone else too of course!

I have another question though: I've read a couple of threads where there are concerns about "performance anxiety" or difficulties under pressure in the aspect of BD..
We haven't had this issue but now I am a little concerned about being too insistent on which nights we BD (or saying it needs to be now!).

Anyone have any tips on how to keep BD'ing stressfree?

Thanks SMfirst. I hope its nothing to worry about... its frustrating thou that i paid all that money for the monitor thinking it would show us 'an extra 5 fertile days' and its not registering!!!

I'm glad i listened to my body - i guess it says a lot really...all these things available to help us all but really we should just listen to good old mother nature!!!

We are going to BD tonight, tomorrow and next day (or try to atleast) hopefully that should catch eggy!

x

Rducky how many dpo are you?

I am 8 or 9 DPO, depending on which day the egg actually popped. I had my first peak on CBFM on CD19 and I'm CD28 now. No major symptoms to report though.

I need some help here girls....

I've been using my clear blue fertility monitor...

The way I understand it, it works by monitoring estrogen and LH surge. Before you have your LH surge (peak) which triggers the egg release your estrogen rises (this shows as high on the machine). So technically you should get up to 5 days high before your peak.

The last 2 months my machine has jumped straight from low to peak and given me no high days so therefore no warning. do you think this means something is wrong??

I got my peak today (luckily on Thursday night I felt like i was fertile - I had lots of clear stretchy CM and also felt the horn which is a real sign of mother nature telling you the time is right.... we ignored the machine and :sex: . We were too tired FRiday but last night (saturday) we ignored the machine saying low again and :sex: - this morning i got the peak so we are going to BD tonight and again tomorrow and maybe the next day too... (i'm so glad i trusted my body rather than the machine)...

I'm just confused as to why my estrogen is low? or not rising as it should?

The same thing happened to me this month. My first month I had 2 days of High readings.
Luckily, I also went with the signs my body was giving me. I don't know what the explanation is. I figure it probably has to do with the levels of hormones that the machine detects.

Its weird isn't it.. I guess the monitor is set to a certain level and only detects if it goes over a certain point or something. Its annoying thou. I find reading the sticks helps as well. I kept them from last month and compared and have found that I have just 1 line then the day before my peak the second line appears really faintly and then on my peak it shows darker.

turtlebeach - I think you are definitely right to listen to your body over the machine. Sounds like you BD at the right times! Good luck!
Your estrogen levels might not be low exactly (or anything to be worried about) but maybe it's just something in the sensitivity in the machine..
(I've never used the fertility monitor though so maybe others have more insight)

And good luck to you flyingduster

And everyone else too of course!

I have another question though: I've read a couple of threads where there are concerns about "performance anxiety" or difficulties under pressure in the aspect of BD..
We haven't had this issue but now I am a little concerned about being too insistent on which nights we BD (or saying it needs to be now!).

Anyone have any tips on how to keep BD'ing stressfree?

Well, we are just starting out at this, but we are really trying to keep things light. We actually laugh and joke around during foreplay alot... making silly comments like "would you like some hot foot action?" Then we giggle and one of us yells "Hey! This baby makin' is serious stuff! Get ahold of yourself!" It does take the edge off because we are both a bit nervous since this is our first try at TTC.

Hi there I could do with a buddy too!
Also TTC #1, started in September.
LMP 5th Sept and keep getting :BFN: !! Saw my doctor who is putting it down to being stressed :wacko:
Good Luck

Welcome brunette! You will really enjoy this group of ladies they are the best! So no matter if you want to rant, rave or just chat these wonderful ladies will certainly be here for you, including me. :)

Update on me: Well still spotting off and on. But having mild cramps and lower back aches. Going to test either Friday or Monday just depends on when DH gets paid. But at least the spotting isn't really bad. Still not giving up on the hopes of a :bfp: I will keep you all updated.

Ooooooh, I'm keeping everything crossed for you BbyLove! It's great to be excited for other people and not just yourself! Let's hope it's your month! Xx

Good morning (or afternoon) to you ladies.
Hubby and I :sex: last night and this morning I got a negative on my OPK. I'm beginning to wonder about these things LOL. Oh well! Like some of you it's best to just stick to mother nature. I was definitely in the mood regardless, so hopefully that's a good sign! I have no idea if I'm in the TWW though. Remember yesterday I got my smiley on the OPK but the line wasn't very dark at all. It was there (kind of).. maybe I just caught the tail end of my surge or something (????)

As far as keeping BD stress-free, I would love an answer as well. If my DH had a higher sex drive this wouldn't be so difficult for him (and me). I never heard of a guy who could go for weeks without :sex: like my DH. UGH. We had this issue way before we TTC though.

Welcome, brunette! We need all the support we can get. FX'd that you get your :bfp: soon!

Bby -- good luck! I'm with MissSazra. It's good to feel excited for someone else! :)

Ooooooh, I'm keeping everything crossed for you BbyLove! It's great to be excited for other people and not just yourself! Let's hope it's your month! Xx

Thank you MissSazra. I hope for everyone to get their :bfp: really soon.

Harli - that's too funny :) glad you guys keep it light :)

This month I didn't have as noticable cramping that I normally get during Ov, so I hope we timed it right (and I hope I actually Ov'd - I don't know what the frequency of anov cycles is... ? )

Our small issue with BD is my DH sometimes seems to be more interested in watching TV, but then falls asleep! Or just falls asleep early in general.. But it hasn't really interfered yet..

Well hope everyone has a good start of the week!

I always thought my OH has a low sex drive too (but its just tiredness really)- Last month we BD so much around the fertile time that we didnt BD again until last week...

I think when you both work full time and run a house and have loads to do you are just both so tired it gets pushed to one side sometimes!

Saying that thou this month so far hes been really good. I havent had to nag him at all yet (hehe) - I think now after a few months of not having any luck he realises that it does actually matter WHEN we BD where as before he was like 'im tired lets try another night'...

We have managed to BD last Thursday, Sat, and Sun so far (and planning to BD again tonight and tomorrow) - I have kept my secret weapon (an underwear set that he loves - full works complete with stockings/suspenders lol) which always works :)

Welcome brunette! You will really enjoy this group of ladies they are the best! So no matter if you want to rant, rave or just chat these wonderful ladies will certainly be here for you, including me. :)

Update on me: Well still spotting off and on. But having mild cramps and lower back aches. Going to test either Friday or Monday just depends on when DH gets paid. But at least the spotting isn't really bad. Still not giving up on the hopes of a :bfp: I will keep you all updated.

BbyLove - things are sounding promising!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed 4 u... maybe you will be the first need a buddy BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->