TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

SMFirst - congrats to your sister! I have found out quite a few people are pregnant this last month... some i'm really happy for and some make me green with envy - its weird!!! I think I may have a look into taking some suppliments if this cycle doesnt work... Not heard of that one but will look into it - thanks.

You are lucky you can come on here at work... I had the slowest day ever today and am so tired I could hardly stay awake but I dont have access to the internet :(

Alot of us will be testing around the same time! I'm in TWW now. Probably testing day AF is due or day after, which would be Nov 20-21. I'm just worried about testing too early and being disappointed.

Alot of us will be testing around the same time! I'm in TWW now. Probably testing day AF is due or day after, which would be Nov 20-21. I'm just worried about testing too early and being disappointed.

I often even feel wary for the girls that announce on here when they test before AF is due and get a faint BFP. It's just too common for things to change in a couple of days.

When I got a BFP last cycle it was two days past AF due date but even then it didn't stick. If I hadn't tested I wouldn't have ever known.. Luckily we didn't get too excited (I wouldn't even let my DH talk about names)

I think even when we do get a strong BFP we'll be sure to wait several weeks before starting to plan anything.

Wow... I'm sorry that happened to you SM. What can cause that to happen? Implantation problem? Developmental problem? I think I've heard about 50% of BFPs before AF are chemical, but is it really that common to lose it very soon after missed AF?

Goodness sorry to hear that SMFirst. That ought to be a lesson to those like me who literally count back 5 days before AF is due to work out when the earliest date is to test. I don't think I'd be able to help being incredibly excited. May be a stupid question, but when did you realise you weren't PG? Once AF finally arrived?

Wow... I'm sorry that happened to you SM. What can cause that to happen? Implantation problem? Developmental problem? I think I've heard about 50% of BFPs before AF are chemical, but is it really that common to lose it very soon after missed AF?

I've read the 50% stat too. From what I understand, many women who aren't so focused on TTC as we are have chemical pregnancies and don't even know it (if you don't test you just figure AF was late...)

It seems it's usually a chromosomal problem that causes things to stop progressing (does not affect future chances, just one of those things) but there are other factors that can cause it as well.

It's a natural screening process your body does so it's actually a good thing.

Goodness sorry to hear that SMFirst. That ought to be a lesson to those like me who literally count back 5 days before AF is due to work out when the earliest date is to test. I don't think I'd be able to help being incredibly excited. May be a stupid question, but when did you realise you weren't PG? Once AF finally arrived?

Meant to add this too:

Actually I kept telling my DH that it was strange I didn't have any symptoms, so it's almost like I knew even before AF came (which was 6 days overdue).
But when I got the BFP, I tested again 2days later and it was negative. Then tested later that day and still negative so then I really knew it wasn't going to work out.

And my sister had a sad little story: She joined a forum as well for ladies due in May 2011, and of all those that joined, many have had to drop out quite soon..

I'll probably stay cautiously optimistic up to the day of birth when I become pregnant!

Hmm I know what you mean. Once you're as tuned in as we ladies all are, I think you just suddenly start hearing quite a few horrible stories sadly. All we can do is hope and not be too disheartened if something like that does happen I suppose. Just look at how many babies are born! Think maybe we need a thread full of success stories!

Yeah i agree, its so scary and depressing that gettig a BFP doesnt mean you will actually end up with a baby...

If i'm lucky enough to get a BFP i'm only going to tell OH and you ladies :) I'm going to keep quiet until i start showing (which i'm hoping will be 3-4 months in) i'm really skinny but i've been told skinnier girls don't tend to show for ages?

I have a friend who has told everyone, her friends, family, work, anyone who will listen (even strangers in a shop etc) and she is only a few weeks pregnant - its scary).

Eek that is scary! I guess you just have to only tell people who you wouldn't then mind telling if something went wrong:cry:. I am dreadful at keeping things in so I know my Mum and sisters would guess immediately (they all know we're ttc).

I knew a lady who posted on Facebook when she was only a few weeks gone & sadly it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy... so very sad but I will certainly not announce til 12 weeks (though I know thats not a 100% safe milestone...)

Hmm I know what you mean. Once you're as tuned in as we ladies all are, I think you just suddenly start hearing quite a few horrible stories sadly. All we can do is hope and not be too disheartened if something like that does happen I suppose. Just look at how many babies are born! Think maybe we need a thread full of success stories!

I am curious how the statistics would look if they compared the "success rate" I guess you could call it, of the women on here vs what is normal for women in the US or UK for example. Meaning maybe part of the reason we hear alot of sad stories is because alot of the women on here have MC or struggled to TTC and they're on here for support. In "real life" I often see babies conceived accidently and born healthy to women you would expect NOT to have a healthy child. So yeah, healthy babies are born all the time to women even when they weren't trying. I think it's also true like SMFirst said, alot have probably had chemical pregnancies and not even noticed. UGH I'm rambling and not even sure what I'm trying to say now!

people drink like fishies and smoke like chimneys & eat exclusively junk.... and have bonny bouncing babies!

I think you're right that the demographic of a forum such as this is a higher percentage of ladies with fertility probs of all levels of severity & longevity "in the same place at the same time" than the world at large... and god bless us all in our quest :)

people drink like fishies and smoke like chimneys & eat exclusively junk.... and have bonny bouncing babies!

I think you're right that the demographic of a forum such as this is a higher percentage of ladies with fertility probs of all levels of severity & longevity "in the same place at the same time" than the world at large... and god bless us all in our quest :)

LOL Exactly what I was trying to say! Thanks!

Yes I likely wouldn't be on here if I had gotten pregnant in our first couple of times trying.. But I am excited to join the "pregnant" threads once it happens because this website is an incredible support system and also good for learning new things or just chatting :)

Well you're all blooming lovely!! Wouldn't be without a single man-jack of you ;)

Of course you or me heading to First Tri doesn't count as being without each other... I will always be here, like an ageing limpet clung to a rock :) Bash me with a flipflop but I will remain....

I agree, I think because we're trying we are spotting all the bad things as well!!! I think for us we will wait until we get a BFP at home, then I'll go and see a doctor and chat to them about stuff etc, and THEN I'll tell my close family & friends, and you guys (cos I will NOT be able to hold it in!) but keep it fairly quiet until the first scan and everything is A-OK, and then I'll announce it to the world. lol!

EWCM yesterday, BD last night but wasn't overly succesful so gonna try again tonight (still got EWCM) so fingers crossed we'll catch this egg!!!

Yeah i agree, its so scary and depressing that gettig a BFP doesnt mean you will actually end up with a baby...

If i'm lucky enough to get a BFP i'm only going to tell OH and you ladies :) I'm going to keep quiet until i start showing (which i'm hoping will be 3-4 months in) i'm really skinny but i've been told skinnier girls don't tend to show for ages?

I have a friend who has told everyone, her friends, family, work, anyone who will listen (even strangers in a shop etc) and she is only a few weeks pregnant - its scary).

Sorry late to checking in on this thread! I've missed so much since I can't just keep up at work anymore :(

I am skinny, too. I've heard lots of people tell me that I'll look like a toothpick with an olive on it...... yikes!

Anyway, I'll be testing on November 22. That's when (supposedly) AF will be due.

Oh -- and I believe I've mentioned it before, but I will NOT be announcing to the world when I have just found out. It doesn't seem to be productive to tell all your Facebook that you just found out, especially when you're only 14 days pregnant. I have a cousin who would do this... she's had 4 miscarriages. Maybe there is a downside to finding out early, as SM said on a previous post.

LOL@ toothpick with olive.... my friend was described as "worm who swallowed an orange" but I think yours is more flattering ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->