TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Try not to be too nervous Sideways :)

cjanec - good luck this cycle sorry about the sick husband!

EnglishGirl - Have you ever looked up the "Sperm Meets Egg Plan" (or SMEP) - it basically covers the whole window of potential fertility so you don't have to stress too much about timing things just right. good luck!

Hi, ladies. I'm ttc#1 on my 5th cycle. I'm on cd 3, anyone else close to that? I'll probably be testing around December 23rd. Hoping for a Christmas :bfp:!!

Thanks, SM. I'm trying to be calm :)

cjanec, sorry your DH is sick :( I hope he gets to feeling better soon. And thanks for the good luck :)

EnglishGirl, SM is right about the SMEP, that's what DH and I did this past cycle. I'll let you know soon if it worked :)

rosababy, welcome! This thread has proven to be very lucky and I think you'll love it here. Good luck this cycle!!

Yes ma'am I will be testing tomorrow morning with my FMU. My DH is working night shift and gets home around 7am. Knowing me I'll be awake with anticipation by 5:30am! Thankfully I'm off work until next Wednesday, that's part of the reason I wanted to wait until tomorrow so that I wouldn't have to sit at work and process the test results in my head all day long lol. Thanks for the good luck! FX'd! :)

Yes ma'am I will be testing tomorrow morning with my FMU. My DH is working night shift and gets home around 7am. Knowing me I'll be awake with anticipation by 5:30am! Thankfully I'm off work until next Wednesday, that's part of the reason I wanted to wait until tomorrow so that I wouldn't have to sit at work and process the test results in my head all day long lol. Thanks for the good luck! FX'd! :)

Good Luck! I have my fingers crossed for you! :dust:

Sideways I'm shocked right now. I'm so sorry. Is it possible it's still just too early?

I'm not sure, Harli. Looking back now I shouldn't have trusted that OPK. Who knows, I may not have even ovulated yet. I still haven't had any EWCM this cycle.

The OPK's you are using are supposed to be very accurate. From what I understand, it detects the hormone that is released that signals the ovary to release an egg... the OPK's are very sensitive to that, but occasionally the hormone is released but for some reason the ovary doesn't release the egg.

Also, I only had the teeniest tiniest bit of EWCM on one wipe, one time... so maybe it's even possible you missed the EWCM?

I really hope it's still just a little too early! There's still a chance. Don't give up hope and don't let it ruin your holiday!

Thanks, Harli, that's very sweet. The reason I don't believe the OPK is because the test looked kind of streaky in the tests window and I'm afraid the digital thingy misinterpreted it as a positive. Regardless, these symptoms I've had over the last few days can't really be ignored I guess. Tender breasts, etc. But, I wonder if it's possible that all that brown CM stuff could have actually been my AF?? Not sure.

Since the Clearblues were so expensive, I wonder which brand of IC's is the best. All the ones I've researched have very mixed reviews. I may try temping, too. At this point I'm just ready for AF to hurry up so that I can start over!

Sorry for being so down guys. I was about 90% sure this was it. I'll keep yall posted if anything changes, in the meantime, I may be spending a little less time on here so that I can focus on other things for a little while.

Don't apologize for feeling down, you can express your feelings freely on here!

Please relax, enjoy your time off, enjoy the holiday with your hubby and please keep us updated!

:hugs:

Hi Sideways - Sorry about the BFN but test again in a few days if AF doesn't show up. Definitely a possibility that it's still too early. Like Harli mentioned, I never really noticed any CM myself..

Happy Thanksgiving :) Enjoy your time off.

Ohhhhh sideways! Hun!!!! BFN is ok! It's still early, I had a BFN a few days ago too... But AF is still a no-show and I've had some symptoms I'm trying really hard to ignore (but sheesh, if I get nauseous again this evening it's gonna be hard to ignore 3 nights in a row! Eep!) tomorrow is testing day [again] for me!!!

I'm trying sooooo hard to focus on a BFN, then I can't be so disappointed... Right? Ugh.
"BFN is fine, then I can wait out AF to come and start the next round." << tells myself that
Focusing on testing tomorrow to get a clear BFN to then focus on the next cycle [but secretly FX for a BFP... just trying not to think about it and get upset...]

FX!!!

Sorry to hear about your :bfn: Sideways. You never know though - it might just be too early to tell. I've still got my FX for you.

I'm a bit confused as my OPK showed a 'sort of' positive today. The line wasn't quite as dark as the control line though. Does this mean i'm just about to ovulate? Argh... my DH is still poorly so there'll be no :sex: tonight! Am worried we're going to miss the most important day!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away for a short while, it was all a bit much for me, especially since I found out 2 friends were pregnant on Facebook.

Hope everyone is well.

Sorry to hear about your bfn Sideways, it is so horrible. But surely you can't ignore all the symptoms you've been having, and maybe like others have said it could still be a bit early. If AF still hasn't shown up then you're still in the game.

Well, I'm properly back now, ready to chat to all you lovely ladies again.

Today is CD5, so hopefully the CBFM will ask for a stick tomorrow, and I've been temping as well, although have got some strange readings so far, but will see what happens as the month goes on. Does anyone else temp?

Sorry to hear Sideways:-(( But as the other girls said, maybe in a couple of days time...
Take care X

Hello ladies. Well I couldn't stay away too long, lol. Here is a long update on various things...

Today was Thanksgiving dinner at my family's house. This was rather difficult for me because one of my cousins is about 20-25 weeks along and she has a very cute baby bump. I wasn't very sociable and now I feel awful as, some of these people I only see a few times a year. I'm determined to be better at Christmas.

Tomorrow we are driving about 9 hours to get to Chicago from our house. My sister-in-law is due any minute now (actually her EDD was this past Tuesday). So I feel a bit of anxiety creeping up as we get closer and closer to heading up there.

I talked to DH a little bit and asked him what he thought about me temping and other ovulation methods, and he said that he would be ok with it. I asked him about maybe taking some supplements to aid his fertility, and I hate to blame it on him but I really don't understand how we can have so much :sex: around my fertile time and me not get pregnant. I didn't come out and say it that way, but I really want to be able to rule everything out as best as I can. So I'm going to buy him some Fertilaid which is supposed to increase the quality and quantity of his spermies :)

Right now I just feel like crap, am beating myself up over nonsense. I'm trying not to obsess but I know all of you ladies know what it's like. I promise I won't go too crazy :) I am planning on temping and have no idea how to do it. I know you take it first thing in the morning, before you even speak, and do it at the same time every morning. Is there anything else involved??

Lastly, I also want to thank all of you for the support and kind words. I am so blessed to have found such wonderful (although "invisible" :haha:) friends :) I would say there's hope left for me and DH but we haven't :sex: in about two weeks... we kind of just gave out a few days after I got my "positive" OPK.

MissSazra -- this cycle WILL BE our cycle!! Of course, you're already on CD5 and I'm just waiting on the :witch: to show up.

Love and :dust: to everyone. :)

cjanec, what brand of OPK are you using? I was reading about some internet cheapie kind, where if maybe part of the test line is as dark as the control line, then it's a positive.

sideways, if it helps i use Earlypregnancytests.com and their hpts and opks are reasonable AND they work! I love them. I had them recommended to me from BNB ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->