TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Hi all :)

I'm glad to be home after a hard days work... just been readin all the posts I missed.

I realllly want a baby girl (but i'd be happy with either) OH would prefer a boy I think so that they can play football together but again would be really happy with either.

I like the name Jasmin for a girl, OH likes Chloe. For a boy I like James or Thomas.

Babylove I love the name lilyana!!! I wanted Lily but it doesn't go to well with our surname.

...still not AF (but was a BFN on AF due day) i'm now 2 days late....

turtlebeach - Thank you. I love Lillies so it works plus I'm italian so Lilyana is Italian for Lily. I love the name James but I like it for a girl. Lol. I'm weird like that. Lol. What's a surname? I see it everywhere but I never knew what it meant. Lol. :blush: Well FX for your :bfp:

turtle, don't give up hope yet! FX'd for you. I like all the names everyone's picked out!

One of my cousins' wife is pregnant with their 3rd - she is a couple years younger than me. She's had 2 boys so far, and she won't find out the sex of this one for a few more weeks. I'm really hoping that if it's a girl they won't name her Bonnie, since like I said Bonnie is our Mammaw's name. That name is mine!!! LOL. Ok, irrational rant over. :)

turtlebeach - Thank you. I love Lillies so it works plus I'm italian so Lilyana is Italian for Lily. I love the name James but I like it for a girl. Lol. I'm weird like that. Lol. What's a surname? I see it everywhere but I never knew what it meant. Lol. :blush: Well FX for your :bfp:

I knew a girl called James when I was younger - its quite un unsual for a girl thou.

Surname = last name/family name.

x

Sideways 8 - Its not irrational. Have you asked her what she had in mind if it was a girl? The forum I was on before this one there was a girl on there her name was Kristen and she wanted my girl name too. And when I said that she was like oh lookie lookie theres two Kristins with the same girl name. What are the odd of that? She sounded like I was stealing her unique name or something and she was kind of stuck up about it. Lol.

Would you all want to know the sex of the baby or would you wait until it was born???

I would def want to know! I couldn't go that long not knowing i'm far too impatient for that!! Plus it means I could go and buy lots of cute outfits and stuff in colours other than white/cream.

:)

turtlebeach - Oh okay. Thank you for telling me that. :) I kind of thought thats what it was but I didn't know for sure. Well our surname matches for all of our names. Lol. :thumbup:

Me personally I would want to know. It would drive me absolutely bananas. Lol. Plus like you said turtlebeach I would want to buy all kinds of things not just in neutral colors. Lol.

I haven't asked her, but I wouldn't know how to come across as being petty, KWIM? I kind of want to ask but also insinuate that my future daughter will be named Bonnie. I I don't want it to come across as "don't you dare name your daughter Bonnie!" I mean for all we know she could be having another boy anyway.

Edited - for clarity.

Lol. Yeah. I would feel that way too. But I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully she has a boy so you're safe.

I haven't asked her, but I wouldn't know how to come across as being petty, KWIM? I kind of want to ask but also insinuate that my future daughter will be named Bonnie. I I don't want it to come across as "don't you dare name your daughter Bonnie!" I mean for all we know she's having another boy anyway.

Its difficult isn't it. Fingers crossed she will have a boy! You wanna get it in that you want to call your first girl Bonnie before she mentions it. She may have another name in mind anyway so don't worry too much... worse comes to worse you can have 2 bonnies in one family.

I really like the name Jessica but there is already a Jessica in the family - it wouldn't put me off thou but I do understand what you mean when you don't want them to take it.

x

I would be happy for her to have a girl, too. They've named their 2 boys after no one, and they're fairly unique. Cohen and Micah. This leads me to believe that she may go with a non-family name for a little girl as well. I can't believe I've put this much thought into my future 2nd cousin's name. LOL

Jessica is my name!! :)
I was named after an Allman Brothers song. LOL. I swear my parents were hippies.

I would be happy for her to have a girl, too. They've named their 2 boys after no one, and they're fairly unique. Cohen and Micah. This leads me to believe that she may go with a non-family name for a little girl as well. I can't believe I've put this much thought into my future 2nd cousin's name. LOL

Yeah now that I have thought about it my cousin named her daughter Ashlee so Ashlynn might be out of the picture for me only cause my cousin will be furious that I chose a name so close to hers. But I'm not sure yet if I care. Lol.

Has anyone actually bought any baby things yet (even thou you aren't yet pregnant??)

I have managed not to buy any clothes - even thou they are sooooo cute. I did buy some frames thou cos they were too cute (and were in the sale) one says little princess and the other one says little prince.... I thought i'd get both so that when I get my scan and know the sex I can put it in there!

I've also got a few cute teddies (i loveeee teddies) i've kept the tags on them and packed them away ready for the nursery.

Thats all I have bought thou and considering i'm a bit of a shopaholic i think i've done quite well!!

Has anyone actually bought any baby things yet (even thou you aren't yet pregnant??)

I have managed not to buy any clothes - even thou they are sooooo cute. I did buy some frames thou cos they were too cute (and were in the sale) one says little princess and the other one says little prince.... I thought i'd get both so that when I get my scan and know the sex I can put it in there!

I've also got a few cute teddies (i loveeee teddies) i've kept the tags on them and packed them away ready for the nursery.

Thats all I have bought thou and considering i'm a bit of a shopaholic i think i've done quite well!!

No but I have thought about it as well. Every time I see an outfit I'm like aww I want that. I kind of want to get a few neutral ones and pack them away too. Lol. Thats a cute idea with the frames. I like that.

I haven't bought a single thing yet. Actually as we speak I'm searching online for maternity clothes. I am also a shopaholic but I've promised myself I won't buy anything until I'm actually pregnant. I'm also ready to go ahead and start buying some of the big things like the nursery furniture (crib, bassonet, rocking chair, etc)... but... again I will wait. This is really testing my patience and discipline :)

Yeah in that case I think you will be safe :) I think you are probably right they will want a non family name for a girl too... I don't even know any of my second cousins!!!

Hehe ow and i thought i was doing well!!!

To tell the truth thou even thou I haven't bought any i've looked online at cribs, prams etc and know exactly which ones i would get LOL!!!!

My baby is going to have more clothes than me (and I have ALOT) have you seen how cute they are!!!!

I don't really like maternity clothes I had a look but didn't really like anything much... that part does worrying me slightly.

Aww. I thought I was the only one looking at the big things. Lol. I also know exactly know the ones I want. Lol. I'm not sure about a theme yet. Do any of you know of a theme yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->