TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Not sure if I'm going to do a theme or not. But who knows what I'll run across in my shopping sprees.

turtle I am also finding that I don't like a lot of maternity clothes on the market either. I actually just ran across one that I liked. Most of the rest of them are solid color empire waisted tops. GAG! I love to dress trendy (think of Gaby on Desperate Housewives... except I'm def. not that skinny)... why aren't there any cute maternity tops with that kind of style??

I have bought some things already. I'm a huge fan of babysteals.com and babyhalfoff.com
They have 1 or 2 items a day for usually at least 50% off. There are some really great deals.

I've gotten a few neutral (since I want the gender to be a surprise) colors of BabyLegs, some swaddling blankets, and also 3 cloth diapers. I'm definitely gonna cloth diaper any baby that comes along. I figure it will be about 400$ to get a big enough stash of diapers together, so if I buy a few at a time, it won't seem so shocking. And then, I won't have to buy disposables at all.

Well I am thinking the next time I am at the store I'll convince DH to get a outfit or two. Lol

I have bought some things already. I'm a huge fan of babysteals.com and babyhalfoff.com
They have 1 or 2 items a day for usually at least 50% off. There are some really great deals.

I've gotten a few neutral (since I want the gender to be a surprise) colors of BabyLegs, some swaddling blankets, and also 3 cloth diapers. I'm definitely gonna cloth diaper any baby that comes along. I figure it will be about 400$ to get a big enough stash of diapers together, so if I buy a few at a time, it won't seem so shocking. And then, I won't have to buy disposables at all.

You are really brave! I would love to do cloth diapers as its far better for the environment however I would gag having to wash them. I think I would be forever washing.

Not sure if I'm going to do a theme or not. But who knows what I'll run across in my shopping sprees.

turtle I am also finding that I don't like a lot of maternity clothes on the market either. I actually just ran across one that I liked. Most of the rest of them are solid color empire waisted tops. GAG! I love to dress trendy (think of Gaby on Desperate Housewives... except I'm def. not that skinny)... why aren't there any cute maternity tops with that kind of style??

Yeah I know what you mean!

I am hoping for most of it I can get away wearing nice tops in a bigger size! I like to be fashionable too but I think when you are carrying around a baby bump you probably let fashion go out of the window. I haven't worn flat shoes in years (they actually hurt my feet) so I don't know what footwear i'll end up wearing!! hehe.

I think cloth diapering is a lot easier now then when we were kids. There are flushable liners that go in the diaper so that you can just flush the baby poo down the toilet instead of having to rinse them and all that. I'm trying to get enough diapers so that I would only need to do laundry every 3 days.
I want to do it for the environment, but also to save money. They say that it costs about 2000$ for disposable diapers for one child...

And I think they look so cute!

I really want to do cloth diapers too! They're so much cuter. I've read that the environment impact on the extra electricity and water to wash them is about the same as the landfill impact... who knows. I guess it depends on who you ask. I'd personally rather not fill up the landfills.
I didn't know about the flushable liners! Now I'm really convinced I want to use the cloth diapers. :)

I've never actually thought about that. Aren't they messy though?

My biggest fear was the gag factor of having to rinse the baby poo out of them, lol. But if there are flushable liners, it seems better.

Yeah I can see what you are talking about. I think I would gag too. Lol. Hmm. I might have to talk to the DH about what he would want to do.

https://www.littletreehugger.ca/benefits.html

This website shows the comparison between cloth and disposable diapers. They say that it can take 500 years for a diaper to decompose in a landfill and each baby will use a couple thousand diapers before potty training. Also, all the chemicals and waste (poo) just goes into the ground and contaminates the ground and water...kinda gross.

I can't wrap my head around putting a couple tons of dirty diaper per child into a landfill. I'm not saying that I'm going to love doing the laundry, but I think it's worth it. Apparently, studies have also shown that cloth diapers are better for baby's skin.

I think you'd get the most money savings by starting with the 1st child, because if you take care of the diapers they can sometimes last through 2 kids. The calculations on that website are using the most expensive cloth diapers also. If you can find them on sale, it would cost way less than what is quoted...

I'll probably still have some disposables for when we travel for longer than just a weekend. In terms of the messy factor, I've done quite a bit of reading on this and it is very different than when we were kids. My mother used to soak the diapers in a big pail while waiting for wash day (after having to rinse them off first). Now you just flush the liner and the diapers wait in a dry bag or pail for laundry day.

I bought 3 of these from www.babyhalfoff.com . They were 14$US each including a pair of leg warmers like BabyLegs.

https://www.fuzzibunz.com/one_size_diaper.php

I'd like to try these also:

https://www.softbums.com/Echo-DryTouch-Solo-Pack_p_49.html

I think you need about 24 diapers to cover a newborn, doing laundry every other day.

Now that i think about it it sounds like a better idea to use cloth. And just have some disposable ones on hand.

Good morning ladies! I hope you all are doing well. I'm not doing so well, I started bleeding again and I am having a tough time right now. It seems like I am sinking into a little depression. I have gone through a lot in the past 2 years. :cry: I couldn't stop crying last night and this morning. I guess I am just scared about this situation I am in. Okay I am done ranting for now.

Awww Bby, bless your heart :(
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry. I've been wondering how you're doing. Is it a heavy flow like it was a few days ago?
We're definitely here for you sweetie.

Sorry to hear how you're feeling. Have you made an appointment to see anyone about the bleeding?
Xx

Its even heavier. This morning there was a huge clot which I have never had before. Thank you. I really needed someone to talk to cause the DH keeps saying don't worry it'll be okay. And really I wanna yell at him saying you aren't the one going through it. How can you say don't worry? :cry::hugs:

No I know I need to make an appointment but DH is going out of town and I don't have a way to get there and I haven't gotten insurance yet.

I think your DH is probably worried too, but you know how they have to be "the man." If he was freaking out, you would probably be worse. I don't know how your financial situation is, but maybe you could try one of those walk-in clinics or even the ER... if you thought you could stand to be around all the people with the flu :-\ How much longer before you'll have your insurance stuff straightened out so that you can see a doctor?

It won't be until the middle of November cause of financial issues we are having. You're probably right about him being worried too, if he said he was I would probably be freaking out even more than I am now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->