TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Thank you guys for all of your support!!!

I'm not sure about getting notifications....I was thinking the same thing. It would definitely be helpful to know when there was a new post without having to come on and see that you missed a bunch....

MissSazra I agree that all of this TTC has made me very aware of my body as well. I'm noticing every little bitty twinge, cramp, headache, craving... then I try to analyze it all LOL. It's hard to not have baby-on-the-brain for 24 hours!

Yeah, I manage to switch off at work, but if I stop for 5 minutes then it's all I can think about. Once I start using the CBFM it'll be even more so I imagine! lol
Originally we were going to wait until next year to try, then last month that all changed after we thought it could take us a while. And now here I am, absolutely hooked and worrying about everything! Glad I have you guys to talk to! :D

Yeah, I manage to switch off at work, but if I stop for 5 minutes then it's all I can think about. Once I start using the CBFM it'll be even more so I imagine! lol
Originally we were going to wait until next year to try, then last month that all changed after we thought it could take us a while. And now here I am, absolutely hooked and worrying about everything! Glad I have you guys to talk to! :D

I'm exactly the same, as soon as we started TTC, I got worried about everything...always thinking about it and looking stuff up on the internet.
I found that the CBFM allowed me to relax more than before I was using it. It's helpful because it lets you have a better idea of what's going on with your cycle.

It is also very helpful to be able to chat with other people about it. DH is on board with TTC, but he's not into talking about it all the time. And, if I talk about it with friends, it's the first thing they ask about every time I see them. We also haven't told our families any details, to avoid to the questions...

I find myself having to hold back when talking to my husband. I don't want him to think it's all I think about (even though it is!) Sometimes when I start to say something I have to stop myself, it seems like I don't talk about anything else with him!
I won't tell my family until we're actually pregnant, don't know what my mother's reaction will be, as she's not my husband's biggest fan! Also, we're only recently married and I know she'll say it's too soon, but as we know we may have difficulties, I'm not willing to wait around for 'the right time'. I'm sure she'll get used to the idea (given nine months! lol)

I'm also holding back from telling everything to hubby. But, I take it that he's excited as well. I don't think he's as into it as I am, though, lol, because I don't see him getting on the net all the time or talking to me about. I try to not talk about it all the time so that it's more fun.
And, I've only told 2 friends that we're actively TTC. A couple others think we're NTNP, and everyone else has no idea. I hate fielding questions from everyone. The whole "when are you going to have kids" question gets VERY old after a while.

Hey -- you guys should get the book "Pregnant Pause" by Carrie Friedman. It's really good, and it's funny!!

The book sounds great. I will definitely have to find a copy. It must be good because there's none in stock at any of the bookstores close to my house!

Good morning ladies. Hope all is well today! CD3 for me and I'm hoping :witch: leaves me alone soon enough. How is everyone doing??

Good morning! Well I am doing good. Just trying to wake up. So this lady I got my new puppy from emailed me saying that she keeps having a thought pop in her head that DH and I are going to have a cute little baby boy. She also said that she usually thinks about a couple having a girl but this time she can't get the boy out of her head. Lol. Is that bazaar or what?

Aw that is sweet! Maybe she knows something! I jump on anything, no matter how silly it may sound :)
Do you want to have a little boy or a little girl? I know everyone just wants a happy healthy baby, but I'll admit I would absolutely love a little girl :)

Well normally I just think its crazy but this time I got kind of excited. Lol. We actually want a little boy first. So thats what made it more exciting for me to hear that. Lol.

I seem to flip-flop back and forth on the gender thing. Sometimes I want a boy first, but other times a girl. I'm an only child, so I have very little experience with baby boys, I feel like I would be nervous with a boy. I'm pretty sure DH wants a boy first.

I know for sure that once I'm pregnant, I'm going to wait until delivery to find out the gender. I want it to be a surprise, especially for the first baby!

Lol. Yeah I was an only child too but I'm not going to be picky if Mr. Storky decides he wants to give me a girl. I love pink so a girl would fit perfect for my personality. Lol. But DH and his dad wants a boy. Lol. But I'll take what I can get.

Hey everyone, another only child here! I don't mind what we have first, but I would love to have one of each. DH would like us to have 3 in total but not too sure about that one! lol
Very weird but I wasn't notified about all the comments today :(, will have to investigate my settings!

rducky, that sounds exciting! With my impatience though, I doubt I could do that lol. I've always thought it was sweet to wait until delivery. :)
Bby, I am the oldest and I have one little brother. I don't think I'd know what to do with a little boy to be honest, but I would have just as much fun dressing him up as I would a little girl. There's just something about little girls that I adore! Now when they turn into teenagers I'm not sure what I'll think about them LOL!!

Have any of you picked out names yet?

Lol. Thats what I am excited about, the dressing them the way I want. Lol. They have more girl stuff than boy though or thats what I have noticed. I couldn't wait until delivery day to find out. It would drive me nuts. Lol.
The names we have chosen are for a boy Stephen Michael (First name is DH's first name and middle is my dad's who passed away when I was a baby)
Girl would be Lilyana Marie or Ashlynn Elizabeth

AWW I love all of those!

For a boy, my DH has already picked it out (I think he did before we even met LOL). Allen Houston. Both are family names.
For a girl, I picked Bonnie Elizabeth. Bonnie is my Mammaw's name and I just picked Elizabeth out of thin air LOL.

Well we have one name in common. Lol. I wanted a name that not everyone has. The boys name I had no control over. Lol.

BbyLove, nice name choices! I especially like Ashlynn.

I've thought about a lot of names, but DH and I haven't really talked about it together. If it's a boy, his family would like a name that starts with A because of a family ring that has that initial engraved in it. If we had a boy with an A name, I think he would be the 4th to wear the ring with the same initials. Trouble is, there's not too many A names that I like for boys.

I also have a much longer list of girl names that I like...I find it harder to pick boy names.

Well I have noticed once you find a name that you really really like then it'll stick with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->