TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

yay!!! my BBT and etc. got here today. I will start temping in the morning. My instructions say that anywhere between 96-97.5 is generally pre-ovulation temps. I'm hoping this will help me figure out where the crap I am in my cycle!! lol

Not sure if it means anything but I could climb my DH like a Christmas tree :rofl: my sex drive is way up right now!!! :haha:

rosababy, I love that avatar!! Very pretty.
Also, CD12 would be a little early for ovulation, for anyone I think. Did your CM look more clear or lotiony?

rosababy, I love that avatar!! Very pretty.
Also, CD12 would be a little early for ovulation, for anyone I think. Did your CM look more clear or lotiony?

thank you! this cardinal lives in our backyard, and I finally caught a pic of him last year in the HUGE snow storm we got in DC.

Cm was kind of a mix of clear/cloudy and white. it was different this morning from this evening. Not really lotiony, actually, it might have been gummy/tacky. It stretched less than an inch, and broke easily. It's really hard for me to tell because I only EVER get one day of cm, of any kind, and it's usually obviously ewcm. maybe this is my body finally making cm after years of the pill. (been off of it since april, and was on for about 12 years before that)

What do you think? Do you think it's sticky cm? I wish I had a professional cm reader who followed me around, telling me what it was! Is that too much to ask?! :haha:

Oh ya, is it normal to have a little cramping today?? maybe not cramping...just weird flickers of mild pinching...

are you ovulating now? because i am having some weird flickers of mild pinching, too. i also had a little spotting today with major cm. still not sure if it's ew or tacky. this is way early for me, (it's only cd12 today, and i usually o on cd19) so i only started opks yesterday. i may have missed the surge.

I think I ovulated on Wednesday. So I'm not sure what the flickers are.

How are you opk tests looking??

rosa I'm not sure!! I'm just as lost as the next gal. I have heard that the crypts in your cervix that are normally used for making CM, can dry up when you're on the pill. So it takes a while for them to get working again. I was on the pill for about 10 years, with a year-long break about 6 years ago. My body is still not making too much CM but... [TMI alert] tonight I didn't need much help from the Preseed :shy:
I'm all geared up for temping in the morning. I've even made an Excel version of the BBT chart. If any of you want a copy and trust that I don't have viruses, PM your email address! :)

CD15 today, still a low on the monitor and no smiley face on my first ever opk. But it's all good cos I'm not expecting it until the 8th or 9th, getting closer, so exciting.

rosa I'm not sure!! I'm just as lost as the next gal. I have heard that the crypts in your cervix that are normally used for making CM, can dry up when you're on the pill. So it takes a while for them to get working again. I was on the pill for about 10 years, with a year-long break about 6 years ago. My body is still not making too much CM but... [TMI alert] tonight I didn't need much help from the Preseed :shy:
I'm all geared up for temping in the morning. I've even made an Excel version of the BBT chart. If any of you want a copy and trust that I don't have viruses, PM your email address! :)

I've heard that, as well. I think my body is finally starting to make good cm again, after 12 years on the pill, too.

You should put your temps on FertilityFriend.com. Then, you can post the link in your signature, so it shows up on every post you make, and we can click on the link. It doesn't show us intimate details :winkwink: or anything, so that's cool.

Oh ya, is it normal to have a little cramping today?? maybe not cramping...just weird flickers of mild pinching...

are you ovulating now? because i am having some weird flickers of mild pinching, too. i also had a little spotting today with major cm. still not sure if it's ew or tacky. this is way early for me, (it's only cd12 today, and i usually o on cd19) so i only started opks yesterday. i may have missed the surge.

Well that's the problem! I usually don't ovulate until cd 19 or so, so I start opks later. I only started them on Thurdsay, and NOW, FF says I ovulated on cd10. BUT WE HAVEN'T BEEN BD'ING!!!! i'm so worried now. usually, my opks are pretty accurate...I am so worried that I missed it altogether for this month. I will still do opks and temping. Check out my chart...CD12 is high, I think, because I had 3 glasses of wine the night before. Usually, my high temps are in the 97.9 and up. Do you think FF made a mistake??

I would use FertilityFriend but don't you have to pay for it? I'm kind of cheap like that, especially if I can make my own program :)

You can get a free version of FF. That's what I use to chart my temps.

Well that's the problem! I usually don't ovulate until cd 19 or so, so I start opks later. I only started them on Thurdsay, and NOW, FF says I ovulated on cd10. BUT WE HAVEN'T BEEN BD'ING!!!! i'm so worried now. usually, my opks are pretty accurate...I am so worried that I missed it altogether for this month. I will still do opks and temping. Check out my chart...CD12 is high, I think, because I had 3 glasses of wine the night before. Usually, my high temps are in the 97.9 and up. Do you think FF made a mistake??

So weird. Maybe you O'd early. How long are your cycles normally?

leigh, normally, my cycles started 29 days long, but two cycles ago, it was 34, and last cycle it was 31. I usually O around cd 16-19, the last two cycles have been day 19. That is why I wasn't worried about starting to bd every other day or test opks yet. I was waiting until Sunday. However, my opk is almost positive (I fade in), so I'm hoping for a positive tonight or tomorrow am.

My dh still thinks we should stick to every other day, but I think we should do it the day I get my positive opk and the next day as well. What do you all think? His argument is the quantity (here comes some tmi) depletes a LOT when he (ahem) pleasures himself everyday as opposed to every few days. He's into the "let's let it build up" and I'm into the "I don't want to miss O." Thoughts, ladies?

We're doing it every other day, but on the day I get my positive opk we'll do it and the next day, just like you said.

leigh, normally, my cycles started 29 days long, but two cycles ago, it was 34, and last cycle it was 31. I usually O around cd 16-19, the last two cycles have been day 19. That is why I wasn't worried about starting to bd every other day or test opks yet. I was waiting until Sunday. However, my opk is almost positive (I fade in), so I'm hoping for a positive tonight or tomorrow am.

My dh still thinks we should stick to every other day, but I think we should do it the day I get my positive opk and the next day as well. What do you all think? His argument is the quantity (here comes some tmi) depletes a LOT when he (ahem) pleasures himself everyday as opposed to every few days. He's into the "let's let it build up" and I'm into the "I don't want to miss O." Thoughts, ladies?

I actually support the every other day method. The sperm can live inside you for 48 hours for sure, and it is a good plan to let the quantity build up :)
I don't think we ever DTD two days in a row :)

My doctor even recommends just doing it every other day, instead of every single day. Plus it's kind of exhausting (at least for me) to try it every day... we did that at first and it wore us out!

thanks, ladies. I think we'll stick to every other day, and when I get my positive opk, I'll do it that day and the next. Then, I'll expect my temp rise, and we'll be good to stop for a while. Two days in a row won't be that bad. I honestly don't think I COULD do it everyday, even if we wanted to! Exhausting is right!

I agree. Do it every other day. Everyday is exhausting and feels too planned. Give the spermies some time to build up momento! :)

Just a brief check in, nothing much is happening here, I'm CD8 now, so will start in on the every other day thing as best we can ASAP and see how we go for this month!!!!

Good luck to everyone in this cycle! I'm still in the same one :( CD48 for me. Second day of temping, and I'm hovering just above 97 (that's 36C for my non-American friends :) ) I did do an OPK yesterday just to see - nothing of course lol. I have about 60 of them, should I go ahead and start doing these just in case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->