TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

flying duster, are you temping or using opks?

sideways, cd48, you poor thing!! :nope: Are your cycles always this long? It's probably too late for opks, but you never know. Glad you're temping! Are you using fertility friend? Post the link on your signature so we can see it! Just fyi, it'll take one or two cycles to really understand what "normal" is for your own temps. I'm still learning, it's my 3rd cycle temping.

My sister-in-law is a mid-wife, and she told me to take progesterone, which is actually a creme. She said put it on day 14-28 twice a day on a fleshy part of your body. It may take a few cycles, but it'll help get your cycle back to a "normal" amount of days. Of course, this doesn't help you now, but for the future.

On another note, I'm a little confused about my opks. Can you all look at them? I thought my cd13 at 4:15 would be the closest to a postive I would get, even though it's still slightly lighter, but then look at this mornings (cd14 at 10:00 am). However, is it normal for the control line to be so much lighter than it normally is? I mean, the test line is definitely darker, and we're most certainly bd'ing tonight, either way, but I'm just curious. I'll take another opk later and see.

Attachments

• IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2547.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi all,

Not sure I can help with the opks rosababy, as I have the digital ones with the smiley faces.
My opk was blank this morning and still a low on the monitor, I'm hoping to start getting highs on the monitor either tomorrow or Tuesday, ready to peak either Wednesday or Thursday (I hope!)

Rosa, not sure what's going on with me. Yes my cycles are a little longer than normal, I went off the pill in June so they've been crazy, however last cycle was "only" 39 days so I figured my body was slowly reverting back to normal. Cycle lengths since coming off the pill: 45 days, 55, 39, and then this cycle so far 48. Where do I get progesterone cream? And... my chart would only have 2 data points on it lol, so not much to show just yet.
About your OPK's, I believe that that bottom one is definitely positive. As far as the control line is considered, it doesn't matter the intensity of that so much as it does the test line is more intense than it. So, good luck!! Get thee to the bedroom!!!! :)

MissSazra, I'm getting excited for you! I'm praying this cycle is it for you.

Thanks Sideways, I really hope this is the one as well, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. We missed :sex: yesterday as we were both shattered, but are back to every other day starting today, yay for a break tomorrow! lol

I really hope your cycles start to sort themselves out. I know mine were mad after coming off the pill, but that was years ago, and for a totally different reason than wanting children, so it didn't really bother me at the time. I can imagine how frustrating it is for you.

Good luck to everyone in this cycle! I'm still in the same one :( CD48 for me. Second day of temping, and I'm hovering just above 97 (that's 36C for my non-American friends :) ) I did do an OPK yesterday just to see - nothing of course lol. I have about 60 of them, should I go ahead and start doing these just in case?

Sideways 8 what cycle day are you on now?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo.png?d=1289455200;8;28;12

miss sazra, i TOTALLY understand about excited about a "break" for bd'ing!!! LMAO! i'm glad i'm not the only one. i hope you get your O:) in the next few days!

Sideways, I got my progesterone creme at GNC. I am so sorry your cycles have been so long and crazy. How frustrating! Have you asked your doctor what you can do to help that? Temping will help, to see if you are definitely ovulating or not. How long have you been ttc?

My dh is doing army stuff all day, but you better believe i'm jumping him when he comes in! :haha: I have a great feeling about this cycle. I've had more cm than I've ever had, many days of it, a definite opk, spotting on cd12, and cramps on cd12 and 13. those have to be good o signs! let's hope we can catch that eggy!!!

Ooooh good luck rosababy, that all sounds really positive! Will keep my fingers crossed for you! :D

I'm not temping, but I'm considering starting it if nothing happens this time!!!! I'm not even sure if we'll get far with trying this time due to my lil sister being around from this Thurs until Christmas [my estimated O day is around sat/sun/mon] so perhaps nothing will even happen, we'll see. But I think I might start temping in the new year...!

Just got back from the vet with my little hamster. She's been having problems breathing and is all wobbly when she walks. She's been given some antibiotics and has to go back tomorrow, but I'm so worried, cos she's so little. I really hope my little furbaby is going to be ok. :cry::cry::cry:

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I just took a pregnancy test this morning and got my :bfp:!

For the past couple of days I've been feeling pressure and movement in my lower abdomen and I thought that something was going on. I had one more testing stick left in my pack of clearblue sticks so I thought maybe I would just use that stick and see what the lines looked like yesterday morning. Well when I used my one stick yesterday both lines were the darkest blue ever! I didn't want to jinx myself and test too early and get a BFN, so I decided to wait and test this morning with a pregnancy test. WOW! I'm so excited! This is the BEST Christmas present ever! I haven't even told my husband yet, I can't wait to see the expession on his face when he comes home tonight! I told my little boy James, he's going to be the best big brother!

I can't wait to call the doctor's office and make my appointment this morning! The funniest thing ever is that I was just there for my annual last week Monday. The doctor wrote me a prescription for some blood work to tell me if I was pregnant, and he told me I could use it to find out asap if I wanted too. Well after much debating I decided not to use it and to wait for God and nature to tell me. God is ALWAYS teaching me to be more patient, and in my own weird way I thought that my not using it would increase my chances of being pregnant. Weird huh?

I hope all the best for everyone! BABY DUST to you all!
:dust:

Congrats, Jamesmom!!! How sweet. Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!!!

MissSazra -- I am so sad about your little hamster! aww :( :flower: How old is she?

Lindy -- today is CD49. My temp dropped a bit today to 96.4 (yesterday was 97.1), not sure what a drop like that means.

Rosa -- we came off the pill in June, NTNP until about September then started active TTC. So, not too long.

I've decided to go ahead and use my OPK's every day. I've started doing these at 5:30pm so I guess I'll do it at that time from now on. I still don't understand the science of not using FMU because I never had issues using FMU with the Clearblue OPK's. But then again I still haven't gotten my bfp so... (PS did another HPT last night, obviously bfn because if it was otherwise you would have been the first to know besides DH lol)

Woohoo! A big congratulations to you Jamesmom! How exciting! That is a really the best Christmas present!!

I'm currently on cd13 and I think I ovulated on cd11. I used OPK's and Friday and Saturday were positive. I had a lot of cramping on Friday and Saturday and now it's all over.....Fingers crossed

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I just took a pregnancy test this morning and got my :bfp:!

For the past couple of days I've been feeling pressure and movement in my lower abdomen and I thought that something was going on. I had one more testing stick left in my pack of clearblue sticks so I thought maybe I would just use that stick and see what the lines looked like yesterday morning. Well when I used my one stick yesterday both lines were the darkest blue ever! I didn't want to jinx myself and test too early and get a BFN, so I decided to wait and test this morning with a pregnancy test. WOW! I'm so excited! This is the BEST Christmas present ever! I haven't even told my husband yet, I can't wait to see the expession on his face when he comes home tonight! I told my little boy James, he's going to be the best big brother!

I can't wait to call the doctor's office and make my appointment this morning! The funniest thing ever is that I was just there for my annual last week Monday. The doctor wrote me a prescription for some blood work to tell me if I was pregnant, and he told me I could use it to find out asap if I wanted too. Well after much debating I decided not to use it and to wait for God and nature to tell me. God is ALWAYS teaching me to be more patient, and in my own weird way I thought that my not using it would increase my chances of being pregnant. Weird huh?

I hope all the best for everyone! BABY DUST to you all!
:dust:

:happydance: CONGRATULATIONS JAMESMOM!!!!!!!!! U MUST BE ON :cloud9: :yipee:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo.png?d=1289455200;8;28;12

jamesmom, CONGRATS!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

sideways, i've read that fmu doesn't work as well for opks because we often get our lh surge when we wake up, and it doesn't show up in our urine for about 4 hours. they suggest anywhere from 11 am - 8 pm. fyi, if you think you have an idea of when you should ovulate, try testing twice or even more times a day. I tested 3 times the other day, and i totally would have missed it if i had kept testing once a day, even though it was at the same time. good luck! with opks and temping, you should have a pretty good idea of what's going on with your body, and what to expect for future cycles (hopefully, you won't need to worry about future cycles!). Plus, if you do have to seek medical help, you can go in with all of your info, and it will help speed along the process.

i'm looking for a buddy also, PM me if you want to buddy up

and congts jamesmum :happydance:

Sideways - My hamster's just over a year old. She has been back to the vets today and has some antibiotics to take. Apparently she has a bacteria that affects her breathing and she would have been born with it, poor little thing. Just glad she's still with us.

I didn't realise that about opk's, I've been testing in the morning, but I may change that now.

I dunno, for some reason the chemist in me doesn't believe that LH is only synthesized during the day. But then again I'm not a biochemist and don't know much. Apparently for some good reason someone did come up with the rule of not using FMU. The thing is, Clearblue says that you can use any urine - FMU or mid-day or evening - whatever as long as you've held it in with limited fluid intake for 4 hours... and test about the same time every day. Maybe Clearblue's are more sensitive than IC's. I even called Clearblue and talked to them about that and they said FMU should be just fine.
Either way I think it would be wise to test a couple times a day when you're getting close to ovulation that way you won't miss it if it only lasts a few hours!

rosa that is good advice, to take the OPK and temp charting info to the doctor! I'm glad you mentioned that because I would have surely forgotten :wacko:

MissSazra, do you think she'll be ok? I hope so! I love hamsters, they are so friggin' cute! What kind of hamster is she?

Welcome missmayhem and osubuckeye!! We can trade PM's or you can find support in this whole entire thread :) There are so many wonderful ladies here. I've grown good friendships with them all!!

Hello Ladies!

I'm back! I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing good, a lot better than last time I was here. Still no AF so I am hoping that I get my :bfp: soon. I have to wait until DH comes back into town, he's been gone since Wednesday of last week and won't be back until this Thursday. Having a little twinges and butterfly feelings in my tummy but no other symptoms. But we will see. I missed all of you and I thought of you all often. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->