TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

What a great website!! So happy to have discovered it, I am spending hours poring over old posts learning SO much! TTC our 1st, on cd20 in our 4th cycle. Come on baby!!! :angel:

Miss Sazra, I don't know a THING about hamsters (you can't get them in NZ!) but I know rats are born with "myco", which basically means nothing in a fit and healthy rat, but if any rat has a slightly weaker immune system or something, then the myco flares up and causes respiratory infections. Generally it's only upper respiratory infections [URI], and they just need a good dose of antibiotics (like, a good 3 weeks of it to knock the myco back down properly) Some rats can be more prone to URIs than others simply due to their immune systems, even though all rats have myco. Stress and change can bring on a bout of URI too as we all know that can lower the immune system too! I'm guessing it'sa similar thing for you wee hamster... ((hugs)) I'm sure the ABs will knock it back and she'll be fine, but be aware she may be prone to the infections from time to time too, so make sure she gets a good long stretch of ABs now to really knock it back, if she only has 10 days of them I know in rats that it's not enough to get the myco right back, and so it only comes back worse than ever!!!

I ordered a BBT this morning! lol. I figure we could do with a decent thermometer in the house anyway, especially if we're going to have a kid or two around in years to come, so I'll just get it...! Should be here by the end of the week so I'll start using it right away as I'm not expecting to O until mon/tues... I know only a few days of temping before O won't be a great help, but I wanna do it anyway! hahaha. The person i ordered the BBT off has OPKs and everything too, so perhaps if nothing happens this time I'll try them too...

Welcome back BbyLove, we've missed you! Xx

And welcome to everyone that's new to the thread! Xx

Bby!!! I've missed you and have been thinking of you often. Your DH seems to travel a lot for work, is he in sales?

I dunno, for some reason the chemist in me doesn't believe that LH is only synthesized during the day. But then again I'm not a biochemist and don't know much. Apparently for some good reason someone did come up with the rule of not using FMU. The thing is, Clearblue says that you can use any urine - FMU or mid-day or evening - whatever as long as you've held it in with limited fluid intake for 4 hours... and test about the same time every day. Maybe Clearblue's are more sensitive than IC's. I even called Clearblue and talked to them about that and they said FMU should be just fine.
Either way I think it would be wise to test a couple times a day when you're getting close to ovulation that way you won't miss it if it only lasts a few hours!

rosa that is good advice, to take the OPK and temp charting info to the doctor! I'm glad you mentioned that because I would have surely forgotten :wacko:

MissSazra, do you think she'll be ok? I hope so! I love hamsters, they are so friggin' cute! What kind of hamster is she?

Welcome missmayhem and osubuckeye!! We can trade PM's or you can find support in this whole entire thread :) There are so many wonderful ladies here. I've grown good friendships with them all!!

I think a lot of it depends on which brand you take. Some are more sensitive than others. I use First Response, and they say not to use FMU, but I've heard that Clearblue is fine in the morning. Who knows. I've also read that if you're charting temps for 4 months and STILL have no bfp, go in to the doctor. They should take you, because you have lots of ammo. I started temping because I didn't want to go in after a year of trying, and them to send me home telling me to temp, when I could have been doing it all along!

Woohoo! A big congratulations to you Jamesmom! How exciting! That is a really the best Christmas present!!

I'm currently on cd13 and I think I ovulated on cd11. I used OPK's and Friday and Saturday were positive. I had a lot of cramping on Friday and Saturday and now it's all over.....Fingers crossed

I'm on CD 15, and I think I'm ovulating today. When are you testing? Sounds like we could be testing buddies! :thumbup:

rosa that sounds like a good idea. I'd hate to fib to my doctor and tell them I've been temping for 4 months already lol. Actually haven't been temping BUT... I have been using the OPK's for about that long so I'm thinking maybe they can take that as a substitute for temping.

Miss Sazra, I don't know a THING about hamsters (you can't get them in NZ!) but I know rats are born with "myco", which basically means nothing in a fit and healthy rat, but if any rat has a slightly weaker immune system or something, then the myco flares up and causes respiratory infections. Generally it's only upper respiratory infections [URI], and they just need a good dose of antibiotics (like, a good 3 weeks of it to knock the myco back down properly) Some rats can be more prone to URIs than others simply due to their immune systems, even though all rats have myco. Stress and change can bring on a bout of URI too as we all know that can lower the immune system too! I'm guessing it'sa similar thing for you wee hamster... ((hugs)) I'm sure the ABs will knock it back and she'll be fine, but be aware she may be prone to the infections from time to time too, so make sure she gets a good long stretch of ABs now to really knock it back, if she only has 10 days of them I know in rats that it's not enough to get the myco right back, and so it only comes back worse than ever!!!

I ordered a BBT this morning! lol. I figure we could do with a decent thermometer in the house anyway, especially if we're going to have a kid or two around in years to come, so I'll just get it...! Should be here by the end of the week so I'll start using it right away as I'm not expecting to O until mon/tues... I know only a few days of temping before O won't be a great help, but I wanna do it anyway! hahaha. The person i ordered the BBT off has OPKs and everything too, so perhaps if nothing happens this time I'll try them too...

That sounds very similar, I will make sure she gets enough antibiotics to help her. She has to go back in 2 weeks for a check up anyway, so if I'm not happy with how she's doing I shall ask for more. Thanks for the info! :D

sideways, the only thing about opks is that they don't tell you for sure if you ovulated. You can get a positive opk and still not ovulate, which SUCKS in my opinion! Temping is the only way to know if you are ovulating (besides ultrasound), so usually doctors want to see the temp charts. My sis-in-law is a midwife, so I'm constantly on the phone with her asking questions, and she was the one who suggested temping. How long have you been ttc?

Bby!!! I've missed you and have been thinking of you often. Your DH seems to travel a lot for work, is he in sales?

I have missed you too! He is an Automatic Door Tech, he installs and fixes automatic doors, like the ones at walmart and the ones you have to push the button. :hugs:

Rosa, I didn't OPK's were a little unreliable! That may actually explain some things....
we've been TTC for all of 3 months, lol. It feels like an eternity though... there are some ladies on the TTC board that have been trying for a while and I feel kind of bad for whining about TTC for 3 months. Problem is my cycles are soo long that in a year's time I may only get 6-7 chances at conception.

Bby, he must have a high-demand job to travel all over for that. Sounds kind of neat to be honest, though it definitely does suck for him to be gone so often. I used to have to travel a lot for my job, but that's settled down a bit lately and I'm glad. Especially with all the new TSA stuff happening lately.

Rosa, I didn't OPK's were a little unreliable! That may actually explain some things....
we've been TTC for all of 3 months, lol. It feels like an eternity though... there are some ladies on the TTC board that have been trying for a while and I feel kind of bad for whining about TTC for 3 months. Problem is my cycles are soo long that in a year's time I may only get 6-7 chances at conception.

Bby, he must have a high-demand job to travel all over for that. Sounds kind of neat to be honest, though it definitely does suck for him to be gone so often. I used to have to travel a lot for my job, but that's settled down a bit lately and I'm glad. Especially with all the new TSA stuff happening lately.

Well he usually just travels throughout New Mexico and its only day trips, never overnight. But he's had to go out of town 3 times already but this is the last one for a while.

Hi,

I was wondering if I could be your buddy too (only joined tonight!)? I feel like I need one as in the same situation as you all - not wanting to let the enitire world no that you are TTC, but then bending your best mates ear about it - I think secretly she wishes that I would shutup!

I came off of the pill on 25th August, so my first "natural" AF came on the 6th November - not too bad I thought, but trouble is that I don't know how long my cycle is! I am now on CD30, but don't know whether to test, I don't want to be testing all the time, but technically I don't know when I am "late"!!!

Not feeling any sort of symtoms at all either way, so really frustrated - I must learn the art of patience!!! Just feeling tired, but then this cold weather doesn't help that!

I hope that I am not the only one!

x

Sideways, opks also don't work for everyone. I have a friend who's pregnant, and she never got a positive opk! Nor did she ever get a bfp. She only found out because she happened to be at her annual doctor's appointment, and they said is there any chance you're pregnant, and she said yes. They did a blood test, and there it was! When I suspect a positive opk, I take it several times a day.

Welcome, Lexie! Cycles after coming off the pill can jump all over the place, or if you're lucky like some girls they go right back to being regular. It is frustrating not knowing. That's why we have this website, so we can vent and talk allll daayyyy long about TTC :haha: Good luck this cycle, are you doing any temping or anything?

Rosa, I've had a positive OPK in the last couple of months, and a positive HPT (that was 6 years ago though) so I'm hoping that they continue to work for me. FX'd anyway :)

Weird question....how long are OPT supposed to be semi positive??? I got a full on positive last Tues and Weds, and have had a light second line everyday since. Is that normal???

I know, Im weird...I keep testing, I don't know why :)

Leigh, everyone (including men) will always have SOME level of the LH hormone in their system, so that may be why you're getting a light line right now. They're not positive unless they're the same or darker than the control line :)

Good Morning to all of you guys! How is everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->