TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

We don't get much snow here but when we do I always find it so pretty (love the pics Sideways) - well, until it turns slushy and dirty :)

That's funny you resorted to caulking!

pretty snow pics, Sideways! Okay, ladies. I'm feeling a little blue. My little brother and his wife had their baby today (their first), and of course I'm thrilled for them, but it's so hard, too. Plus, I'm 13 hours away by car, so there was no way I could get home, and my whole family is there. My dh is gone tonight, and I'm so lonely. My dad called and left a message, saying how much they miss me, and how he was thinking of me, and he knows how hard it must be (my mom and dad know we've been ttc for a while). He said looks forward to when he can sleep on the uncomfortable hospital floor for me, and he knows it will happen soon. So that was so sweet, and now of course, I'm sobbing.

On a happier note, I have a doctor's appointment (annual pap, general stuff) tomorrow morning, so maybe if I turn the water works up, she'll order some tests for me. Not that it will be that hard...I can't even talk about ttc without tearing up anymore. I'm not even sure if she CAN do any tests for me, since she's not an ob-gyn, just an gp. Who knows.

Hey rosa, sorry you're feeling blue! I know it can be kind of depressing when pregnancy is all around you. I truly believe that if you talk to the gp you can get something done, especially for peace of mind. I will be keeping you in my thoughts!!

Good luck with the doctor Rosa, I really hope they can do something for you! Xx

Thank you, Sideways and Miss Sazra. I felt so guilty being so sad, too, because of my brother's new baby. I don't know if I mentioned it, but she has a blocked tube, and he told me that he honestly didn't think they'd ever have kids. He's feeling so blessed, and I'm soooooo happpy for him. Last night was just hard...I was super tired from a long work weekend, dh was gone, and I was feeling sorry for myself. Then, my dad's message...I'm better now. :blush:

I went to the doctor today (my gp), just for an annual physical/pap, but ended up not doing a pap, because I'm in the middle of my luteal phase. I told her I'm sure implantation has not occurred yet, and I'm worried that opening the cervix and rooting around in there might make the little guy not implant...who knows. It was just a concern of mine, and she said normally it should be fine, but she didn't want to do anything to chance conception. She said I might as well get my next vaginal exam with an ob-gyn, and gave me a number of some good docs. Then, I had blood drawn and she's testing all of my hormones. I am so happy! I know it's just a little part of the puzzle, but at least SOMETHING is being done! I should know in 5-7 days...progesterone, testosterone, estrogen, LH, etc. All of the good stuff. Hopefully they'll all come back nice and normal. She made me feel so good, and hopeful, and I'm so happy that she did something to help. She also said that usually, major infertility problems are because of women's troubles. Meaning people that need iui, ivf, etc. I mentioned sperm analysis, and she said that's an easy and quick thing to fix, so if it IS my dh's sperm, it won't be a problem at all. THAT made me feel better, too. :thumbup:

Evening all!

Well we have done all that we can now (unless we do it again tomorrow for luck, lol) so I am officially in the 2ww again. Still can't help but be worried we didn't do enough, but considering how much we did last month and look where that got us, I'm hoping this might not be such a bad thing!

I'm sure you did it enough. It only takes once! Now, it's time to relax and try not to symptom spot. :haha: LOL! Like that's going to be possible. I'm feeling some cramps now, 7 or 8 dpo. I'm trying to ignore them, but they're definitely there. NO SYMPTOM SPOTTING FOR ME!

Good luck MissSazra!!! :dust: I have my fingers crossed for you!! COME ON BFP!!!!

Rosa that's so good that you got some good reassurance. It felt so good knowing that they have procedures in place for stuff like that -- both for female and male fertility issues. I guess I just like structure!! hehe

Not much going on here, except DH is finally home after a 40-hour shift! wow. I can't imagine. And.. I'm so tired of the snow! lol

Thanks Sideways!

I will try not to symptom spot Rosa, but I know the slightest thing and I'll be thinking it! lol
It will be difficult, especially as last night after we'd dtd I told my hubby that I felt a bit achey lower down, he asked if it was normal, and I said I got it from time to time, his response was, 'wow, something you haven't researched, you seem to know about everything else!' heheehe Hadn't realised just how much stuff I'd been quoting at him. Imagine when it does happen, I'll be talking him through the pregnancy day by day in great detail. lol

Booh:cry:

AF showed up today so it's cd1 for me....
I'm sad of course but maybe this means I'm back to my normal 28day cycle!
Let's hope for the best!

Talk soon, parents are here so no privacy;)

Hugs for all of you!!

EnglishGirl, I'm so sorry AF got you. :cry::hugs: But it is nice to be back on a 28 day cycle, so here's hoping your body is getting on a normal routine, and it will be even more ready for a little bean next cycle!!:hugs:

Sideways, I like to know what's going on, too! I'm very much a planner and a scheduler, which is why I think this process has been so hard for me. IT'S NOT GOING LIKE I PLANNED! All chaos has broken loose. haha!! :haha: Sigh. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get some answers. Or even better, it'll help me relax and it'll just "happen" like everyone promises it will. (Do you ever get sick of hearing that?! I sure do...)

MissSazra, I'm also trying not to symptom spot, but it's so hard! Definitely had cramps yesterday, at 7 dpo, and I felt a little sick when I woke up and after lunch today. Trying to ignore it, and already planning my next fertile time.

I have a fair bit of EWCM at the mo, but I recall having it around about this time in my other cycles, and then my cycles being longer than expected.... then when I temped last cycle it turned out the EWCM was waaaaayyy off O anyway! So I'm not reading much into it for now, and my temps are still low, but will try to BD some more....

now to get that bloody weta out of my head!

I have a fair bit of EWCM at the mo, but I recall having it around about this time in my other cycles, and then my cycles being longer than expected.... then when I temped last cycle it turned out the EWCM was waaaaayyy off O anyway! So I'm not reading much into it for now, and my temps are still low, but will try to BD some more....

now to get that bloody weta out of my head!

This cycle, I had ewcm like 4 days before O, which I thought was weird. Last cycle, I had several days of beautiful ewcm :haha: leading up to O, which I believe how it's supposed to be. Who knows. I'm still curious why I had so MUCH ewcm last cycle, and only one day of a little bit this cycle. Makes me think it's not going to happen for us this cycle. Oh well. Good luck getting that weird bug thing out of your head. GROSS!! Maybe you could :sex: somewhere different?

EnglishGirl I am so sorry about the :witch: :( :hugs: :hugs: :flower: Maybe hopefully this cycle will be better for you, as you said. Good luck honey, we're all here for you. I know it will happen soon, I just know it will.

Rosa I too get sick of hearing that it'll just happen. That's another reason why I've only told 2 people and even them it's very limited what I tell them.

Luckily for me I don't have to get up at 4:30am anymore, DH says not to worry about working so much overtime to cover the tax bill, which makes me feel better. So now I'm back to getting up at 5:30 which is better but part of me wants a regular 8a-5p job so I can get up as late as 6:30!!! Well, I am definitely glad I am fortunate to have a job anyway. :) Enough rambling, it's time for bed nearly!

Aww man. Had a wee cry session before... a friend just quietly told me she's 12 weeks pregnant, she's having her first scan on tues... I'm soooooooo happy for her, honest. She's great and she'll make such a good mum and all that... But i had a wee cry anyway; *I* want that!!!!

I was feeling so sorry for myself I told her we're TTC to explain my weird reaction (I was giddy and happy for her, possibly more than is expected... haha!) but told her she's not allowed to tell a soul. She was lovely, said they had been trying too [I had no idea] and it took them 6 months but she knows she's lucky to get preggers fairly quickly. She has some OPKs left over if I want them but I haven't said yes cos not sure if I want to worry about them yet...

Anyway, I'm so happy for her... jealous somewhat, but so so happy for her....

Now, we all need OUR BFPS this month!!!!!!!

flying, i completely understand how you feel. :hugs: This has been happening to me, too. it's so hard because you're happy for your friend, but sad for yourself. we're here for you. :hugs:

oh my goodness yall, I got my positive OPK! I knew it was coming soon because yesterday's was *kind of* positive, but today's was about as bold as I've ever seen! I first used the IC test, then confirmed with Clearblue Easy Digital and got a smiley face.. and the stick also had 2 distinct dark lines! Now I'm just looking for a temp spike to indicate ovulation. And how weird is that, my cycle is on average 40 days so I would expect ovulation to occur around CD 25 or so but today is CD15!

Flying -- sorry hon. It's all around me too. *sigh* It's ok to have a cry now and then. I just know that this will be our cycle. My cousin is also pregnant with her 3rd, and she's 3 years younger than I. Another cousin's wife is also cooking her third.

I have to get ready for work but I had to come on here and shout my good news to you all! :)

HI! im new to babybump and would love to have a ttc buddy.
i had a miscarriage 10/08/10 and have been trying to concieve ever since, every month i get convinced that im pregnant end up taken loads of tests only for my period to turn up, i feel like im going crazy! my boyf says i am! does anyone else get convinced they are pregnant and turns out their not? im wondering if it is to soon after my D and C to concieve?
any advise would be most helpful
thanks sarah xx

Yay to Sideways for your positive opk! Things are really looking up!

Welcome Sarah, sorry to hear about your mc. This is a wonderful thread with so many lovely ladies offering support.

As for me, I'm 2DPO and I just want this cycle to speed up. I don't think we did enough, but I hate the 2ww it's sooooo long, I just want to test! lol

Hello Ladies!!!

Flying... So glad to hear your kitty is back...

An update about me:
Well I have an appointment on Tuesday... But as of right now the stupid bleeding went away. UGH! I have started taking Iron supplements cause I didn't want something to happen with low iron levels.

I had the weirdest dream the other night, I went in to my appointment and the doctor decided to do an ultrasound and I found out I was preggo. Then I called DH (cause he wasn't there, my mom was) and told him I had some interesting news but I wouldn't be telling him until he got home. Do any of you think that, that's a sign?

Well sorry to ramble on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"