TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Hey ladies I thought I would join in on your little thread here and I really need some advice I am REALLY confused. So I am recently off the pills and TTC #1 with my wonder and amazing DH. I couldnt be more excited. But I think I have messed my body all up let me tell you what I have done and then you can give me a little advice! So I have been on BCP for approx 11 years with only a small break about 7 years ago. I had my last period on 12/8/2010 for the next 2 weeks I took approx 3-4 BCP adn then next week I might have taken 4 BCP. I have never in my life messed my pills up that bad however we had a serious illness and death in our family so I was very stressed out and to be honest that was the last thing on my mind at that time. My husband came to me on 1/4/2011 and told me he was ready to TTC yyaaayyyy. So I officially took my last pill on 1/4/2011 however I have had NO breakthrough bleeding and AF hasnt showed up yet and SHES NEVER EVER LATE. I have been cramping and really tired lately so I feel like AF is coming so no sign yet. I took a HPT last night and got a BPN but I expected that really. What do you think? Did you ladies take a while before AF came back??

I can't be of any help I'm afraid, as I haven't been on the pill for so many years now, but hopefully some of the others will be able to help. Welcome to the thread though, and good luck with tcc!

Hi Riggins
Hope you find this thread useful for all matter of things related to TTC (and other topics too!)

I've read that it can take some people a long time (like months) to regain their period and even then it may take longer to become regular. So don't stress too much but you could always see your doctor if you need more answers.. (and also for medical advice regarding TTC)

Have you started taking folic acid? - in my experience that's the #1 recommendation, to start taking it before you conceive..

Welcome SarahDee and Riggins! This is a lucky thread. Lots of us are just beginning our TWW so I'm hoping that the luck is still there.

sarah - sorry about your mc. :flower: I'm not sure about how a D&C affects fertility, I would figure it wouldn't make a huge impact.

Riggins - not sure if the sporadic BCP routine messed up your cycle, it likely did but doubtfully it messed it up a lot. So many women on this site (including me) have experienced delayed ovulation and other issues for many cycles following the last pill we took. Sometimes it takes your body a good year to get things regular again. My cycles are so weird, the last one was 72 days long and I think it would have been longer had I not gone to the doctor for some help. If you're cramping like you're going to get AF, you're either about to ovulate or get AF maybe. Have you considered using OPK's to pinpoint ovulation?

Bby - I'm so glad to hear that you're going to the doctor. I hope they can find something out for you. And wouldn't it figure that as soon as you make an appointment, the symptoms go away?? I think the same applies when you complain about something with your car and make an appointment with a mechanic.....

Well guys, we're off to...ahem..... :)

Bby - I'm so glad to hear that you're going to the doctor. I hope they can find something out for you. And wouldn't it figure that as soon as you make an appointment, the symptoms go away?? I think the same applies when you complain about something with your car and make an appointment with a mechanic.....

I am happy to finally go to the doctor so they can fix me. Haha. But it s just my luck that the bleeding would magically go away. I am a little nervous about the whole thing though. But I am trying not to stress over it. I will keep you updated.... Thanks for the support. :hugs:

Well... day 2 of very positive OPK's. DH has already given me a heads up that there will not likely be any :sex: tonight because he's wore out from working already, and he won't get off work for another 2 hours. We did :sex: last night and the night before that... do yall think that's enough or should we keep on??

Give your poor man a break Sideways! ;)

Sounds like you've got a good supply of live sperm in you for one night, and taking a night off will let his supply build up for next time (Sat night?)

I'll advertise again for Preseed - it gave me confidence that the spermies were getting where they needed to go with help from the lubricant :)

Man, my DH would be simply salivating if we :sex: every night!! Lol!

lol I will give him a break then. We've used preseed but only as an external lubricant, although last night I used a lot of it on him and me... maybe it did the trick. The positive OPK came as a big surprise because I didn't notice any EWCM. I had more than normal CM but it wasn't EW, it was more lotiony than anything. But the morning before I got my positive OPK I had to wipe a lot of that crap off! sorry TMI.

Well, if anything we'll go again Saturday night and call it good, then we'll just be in the TWW!

Sounds good!!

Don't you wish you could just sleep for two weeks? The wait is pretty excruciating!

Sideways, this sounds like a promising MUCH shorter cycle for you! I say give your man a break tonight and go tomorrow again. Maybe in the morning?

I'm in Florida right now (it's FREEZING, and I'm pissed!) with family, so I don't have much time to write back, but I'm still keeping up with everyone's posts. :winkwink:

Florida is apparantly the only state without snow at the moment, but still the cold temps are not fun (its currently around 50F in Vancouver, so pretty mild! Even our scaredy cat is enjoying being outside right now!)

Best of luck Sideways!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

It's still cold out here, too. I think it'll warm up to the low 40's today to melt the snow or at least get started on it. And Rosa, if I were trying to beat the winter blues by traveling to Florida and have it cold, I'd be mad too! Ahhh Florida. I can't wait to go back. We usually go in late September, if we go this time around it's possible I'll be in my third trimester and probably wouldn't care too much about all that heat. lol

I did end up giving DH a break last night lol. But I was exhausted as well. I woke up in a bad mood too, have been up around 3am because he wouldn't stop snoring!!! And you know the saying "if mamma ain't happy, no one's happy" so...DH isn't too happy with me right now lol. Thank goodness he's at work and maybe I'll just have to pounce on him when he gets home tonight.

Flying, here's to getting this cycle to move along as well. Good luck to everyone in their TWW!!

Hi everyone!

I've been trying not to symptom spot as it's so early (4DPO) but I keep getting very mild cramps and sometimes twinges but only on my left side. I really can't ignore the cramps and twinges, co they're just there so I guess it'll be another week or so of symptom spotting! lol

Good luck Miss Sazra! Symptom spotting is soooo easy to fall into isn't it!!!? Ugh. Good luck!

I'm not due to O for another week yet but I could go earlier... FX we get the timing right, I'm not using OPKs so I'll only know when I O, AFTER the fact when my temps spike! Maybe if this month doesn't work out I'll have to try OPKs. I don't wanna though, cos I want to get preggers THIS month!!!

I think it's all in my head, cos I don't think we did enough this month, but something's going on, maybe I'm just coming down with something.

Good luck Miss Sazra :)
Well DH and I BD tonight :thumbup: so I can enter the TWW with peace of mind that we did all we could do. I'm sipping on a Dr. Pepper right now, hope the caffeine isn't counterproductive!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->