TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Flying I'm so sorry you're so sick! Gross! :sick: On a positive note, your chart looks AWESOME! :happydance: FX that it stays that way! How long is your luteal phase usually? Test tomorrow!!

well this is only my second month charting so I was never 100% sure before, but it was on 15 DPO that AF showed last month, and Saturday will be 15 DPO... I only have ONE test, and I'd rather not buy more if I can help it. I figure my temps will tell me if AF is coming, and then I can decide if I'll test or not? I guess if my temp is still way up tomorrow morning I might be tempted to test then... LOL! Ohh man, now I'm thinking of other options again! I really should just stick to my first choice which was to wait till Saturday! lol.

I have the day off on Saturday too, which was another reason I wanted to wait. I have to work on Friday, so if I test tomorrow [friday] then I'll have to go to work no matter what my mood is about the result! At least if I test on Sat, I can do what I want for the rest of the day! lol

Flying I was going round and round about testing early too. Especially after I sent my husband for cheeseburgers and chocolate milk on 12DPO. But I stuck to my guns and glad I did. You'll be fine, even if you have to lie to yourself that only FMU will work (lol, which is exactly what I did :haha:)

I feel like poo, I put in my journal the crap I'm going through with DH. I have begged DH's parents to take in my kitty, even if it's for a little while. I haven't heard from them in a bit so I'm sure they're talking it over. They are animal lovers like me. In the meantime, I'm going into home-improvement mode, and DH can't stop me. Neener neener neener!! LOL

I saw that in your journal sideways... ((hugs)) for the issues! Marriage can be hard hu...

I think you should definitely just get it done! Get it doen now, before bubs comes along and money starts getting tighter than ever and other priorities take over! You had a deal, so stick with it; even if he's not. lol! GOOD LUCK!

I'm at work now. I'm still convincing myself to stick with testing on saturday. I'm determined... Sat is the best day for me to test, as long as my temps are high.

I know. I told him I'd pay for it and he wouldn't have to worry about it. I have the money in my savings, I might as well just get it done. And I might just do that.

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Flying, resist testing until Saturday...I waited until 15DPO to test. I don't know about you, but I hated seeing only one line.

Boat loads of ewcm, but no positive opk yet. Hmmm...:shrug: I mean, it's way early, since I usually O on CD17 or later. (Only one time was CD15 and it caught me by surprise!) But I've had so much ewcm, that I assumed the +opk would be today and O would be tomorrow. Sigh. Still waiting. Bd'ing, of course! :winkwink:

I tested at 11DPO and only saw a faint BFP, so I ended up testing on the next few days and only really believed the result when I saw a dark line at like 15DPO, so I would recommend waiting and save your money :)

Yup, I haven't been having the head-games going on with myself today, I'm quite happy to wait until saturday (15DPO) cos the whole idea of wasting a test puts me off wanting to test any sooner! If it's faint or inconclusive or even negative, I'll have "wasted" the test when I could have just waited a couple more days! Either I'll have a low temp and AF will get me, or I'll have a high temp and I'll test. We'll see on Saturday!!!! :D

Rosa, I got EWCM at odd times too, no where near where my O was once I started temping and could see when I actually O'd!!! Turns out the CM isn't such an accurate predictor that I thought it was... lol

Rosa, get your lovin's anyway! lol
I know everyone says to NOT use FMU with OPK's but I did. And I got positives. And I got pregnant :) Maybe you could try that, go to testing twice a day, once with FMU and another later on in the day if that makes you comfortable. Are you using IC's?

Okay what are IC's? I use First Response. I sometimes use FMU, but only when it's fading in and I still didn't get a + the night before. Then, I get positives. I'll let it fade in a little and test more often. We're dtd tonight, though! Gotta get it while this great ewcm is in town! :haha:

I've gotten through almost all of Thursday! It's getting on to dinner time now and I haven't had stupid mad thoughts all day about testing etc!! haha. Ok, I did a little this morning, but then I was too busy with other things to even THINK about it until I was in the car driving home. :D

Me and hubby are sitting here, both on our respective computers, chatting about our day and how we're enjoying our food and exercise together etc, and I dropped in that I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 5kg (11lb) since we have been eating better! I've cut my portion sizes down in all respects, and been eating better in general with less crap. I've also been FEELING better, that emotional baggage has lifted. Haven't really gotten into any extra exercise at all, just eating better. :D

The other thing we're talking about is WHY we want to eat better and be healthier, and his first words were that his main motivation for sticking to this is that he wants to be a fitter healthier dad... Awwww! I just want to be a fitter healthier ME, and of course I want to be a mum so I'll be a fitter healthier mum too... haha. He mentioned that it'll also help our fertility being healthier...

He has NO idea that I think I might just be pregnant. He knows it's possible cos our timing wasn't bad at all, but he also knows that it's not necessarily that easy either. And he has no idea about what my temps are doing or suggesting, and I haven't told him.

Tomorrow I'm gonna have to temp and get up to go to the toilet straight away so I'm not tempted to test! lol. Once I've been to the toilet I'll be able to focus on what my temp shows and can think about Saturday... :D

Flying that's so awesome you've already lost 11lbs!! Way to go :)

And that's great your husband is thinking in terms of fertility etc.

Best of luck when you do test, and I guess if somehow it's not a BFP this month then that'll give another month to get even healthier and help to strengthen your relationship with your DH (but of course hoping this is your month!)

Thanks SMFirst! I'm trying to focus on accepting a low temp and accepting going to the toilet and wiping pink... If it happens I need to be not totally devastated!!! I NEED to be ok with it; another month is another month healthier both mentally and physically.

But I'm hopeful again. Maybe I am pregnant already!??! *squeal*

Okay what are IC's? I use First Response. I sometimes use FMU, but only when it's fading in and I still didn't get a + the night before. Then, I get positives. I'll let it fade in a little and test more often. We're dtd tonight, though! Gotta get it while this great ewcm is in town! :haha:

IC's are internet cheapies. I bought some from early-pregnancy-tests.com. I have no need for the remaining 30 or 40 that I have. Would you like me to mail them to you?

Flying, I'm very excited for you! Your chart looks really good. And wow, 11 lbs! Way to go, girlie! :headspin: I'm glad your relationship with DH is getting better and stronger, and that you're both getting healthier and applying that toward fertility goals :) Are you taking any prenatals?

Flying, 11 lbs!!!! That's incredible! Good for you!! :yipee: Your dh is right, it does help with fertility, so that's a bonus! I can't believe you're almost done with Thursday. I mean, I know you're on the other side of the world (one of the things I love about BnB!) but I'm so jealous! I'm so tired right now, and I've got a very full teaching day ahead of me. I'd love to just be done, on the couch, watching my stories (TV). :sleep:

Sideways, you're so sweet! If I'm not preggo at the end of this cycle, I might take you up on that offer. :hugs: I have enough for this cycle, so here's hoping that I won't need them!! :happydance:

Well Rosa - I think you are probably two or three hours ahead of me in timezones - I'm just starting work now if that makes you feel better.. ;)

Sideways - have you had a good discussion with your husband about everything you are feeling? It might be good to do now before you start getting into the strong symptoms of pregnancy.. (especially the emotional rollercoaster the hormones cause!)

I should look into those IC's too.. Anything I order from the US I usually have shipped to a friend who lives in Seattle, then he brings it up, but I don't think he'd appreciate getting a delivery of dozens of pregnancy tests!!

I'm actually still testing positive, which is a bit mind bending but I've accepted everything so it's ok..

It's been many months now since the start of when we started trying to get pregnant, so I figure when we start really TTC again I will begin by expecting several more months of AF showing up.. But it is good to have the thought that every month allows more time to get yourself healthy and ready for pregnancy (ie vitamins, fitness, nutrition)..

I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if my body has cleared everything. I'm hopeful..

*squeal* looooook at my chart again! I was SOOO sure my temp would go down this morning. I expected it wouldn't be a HUGE drop, but it'd certainly go down just enough to keep me in limbo and waiting for AF tomorrow.... it went UP! I'm trying SO hard to not get excited! LOL! I had to get up straight away and go to the toilet so I couldn't be tempted to test! haha. I KNOW I can test with any urine really, but I'm waiting so long because I only have ONE test and I don't want to waste it, so to enhance my chances of it not being wasted, I want to use FMU. lol.

Having said all that about being in a better space mentally, we had another bit splurge of pent up feelings together last night, I guess the talking thing hasn't been working quite enough yet, but at least we got them all out again, even if it resulted in tears and sobbing and everyone feeling crappy! LOL! We ended up snuggling in bed at 11pm and he asked about my temperatures and what they were showing! hehe. I told him they were showing that it's quite possible, but that who knows; the next few days will be the most telling yet.

He did say that 'if you are late, we'll just have to stay calm and wait, we can't get all excited...!' to which I told him I've been squashing excitement since the day we started TTC! LOL. He has no idea I have a HPT tucked away and that I'll use it tomorrow if I have another high temp.

This morning he stayed in bed a bit longer; normally he's up straight away and THAT is when I temp, but we woke at the usual time and he stayed for another 30 mins, so I temped and turned on the light to see the reading (my thermometer will save the reading, but I HAD to know RIGHT THEN AND THERE! lol) and it had gone up! I told hubby they were up, and what it could mean too. We just snuggled for the next half hour half-sleeping.... :cloud9:

Sheesh, my fingers are getting cramps from being crossed so much! LOL!

Sideways, no I'm not taking anything, I will see what I can find in the weekend, I know it might be too late for some stuff though if I'm already pregnant, but I'll see what I can find when I have the day off tomorrow..!

haha Rosa, it's now early Friday morning! I just have to get through a good day at work [all nice dogs! woohoo!] and then I'm on the home stretch! I'll temp tomorrow morning and we will all be crossing our fingers that it's nice and high, and that it's an obvious and clear BFP! I promise to share with you guys first. DH will be at work, so I'll come here and share, either way... FX!

SMFirst, I'm so glad you're moving forwards, I can only imagine the weird emotions that would go on with a MC... Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow!!! I hope everything has cleared and you can get back onto the path of TTC again! GOOD LUCK!

SM, yes I agree that I need to just air out my pent up feelings with DH. Earlier today I told him he didn't have to be such an asshole. I guess I should find more constructive ways to communicate than that lol. In this whole TTC business, sometimes I feel like saying "ok your duty's been done, now leave me alone". That's awfully mean. I'm glad I have you guys to air these hateful comments to, so they don't end up in DH's ears instead!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->