TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Ok, so question for you guys:

I hardly ever get EWCM, so I started taking EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) supplements to increase CM (usually twice a day, but today I'm doing three times because I'm getting close to O). I just went to the restroom to take a OPK and got a negative, but when I wiped I was swimming in EWCM (sorry, TMI). My DH and I BD-ed for the first time this week last night and he's usually prefers every other night (I'm concerned that he won't want to three days in a row). What do you think - should we BD again tonight or wait for tomorrow? Has anyone tried EPO? And what do you think about the OPK negative - ignore it?

I hardly ever get EWCM, so I started taking EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) supplements to increase CM (usually twice a day, but today I'm doing three times because I'm getting close to O). I just went to the restroom to take a OPK and got a negative, but when I wiped I was swimming in EWCM (sorry, TMI). My DH and I BD-ed for the first time this week last night and he's usually prefers every other night (I'm concerned that he won't want to three days in a row). What do you think - should we BD again tonight or wait for tomorrow? Has anyone tried EPO? And what do you think about the OPK negative - ignore it?

Are you CD 11 today, and still a negative opk? Is there any chance that you missed it? I usually faded in and faded out, so I had some warning. It's pretty early, but you've had such short cycles. I say wait until tomorrow. Both my ob and my RE said every other day was plenty. So, if you dtd last night, I would wait. Let the :spermy: build up and bd tomorrow.

Are you CD 11 today, and still a negative opk? Is there any chance that you missed it? I usually faded in and faded out, so I had some warning. It's pretty early, but you've had such short cycles. I say wait until tomorrow. Both my ob and my RE said every other day was plenty. So, if you dtd last night, I would wait. Let the :spermy: build up and bd tomorrow.

Hopefully I didn't miss it - I ordered a box of 20 OPKs and started using them on Sunday, which I think would have been too early for me. I've done two a day for the last couple of days and haven't seen a :) yet. Last month I seemed to O around day 12-13, so hopefully tomorrow or Friday. Thanks for the advice. DTD tomorrow then!

Well i have a sign i hope i'm not out yet. I don't chart or anything because I i want it to happen naturally it has happen naturally two times ending in a early M/c. Well last month i had my period on the 27 of DEC suppose to o on the 13 tested last month also 6 months ago. I'm pretty regular 31 days =/- 1 to 2 days. This month after O' my breast didn't hurt like it's suppose to. It started hurting 5 DPO. and it is still hurting now on the bottom and sides. When i lay down on it it sort of burns. I'm praying for my BFB this month! i tested at 9/10/11/12 today with negatives, do you think i'm out my breast still hurts i also get cramps on lower right and under belly button i don't get those unless prego felt it both times the last time i was prego. Fingers cross i tested too early. the last 2 times i tested both after AF was due maybe it's too early. P,s my breast never hurts this long it's been a week and a half AF is suppose to e here on the 27. my breast soreness is starts at about after O up until about 8/9 dpo and stops then brown spotting them AF. this time it just continues! i hope that witch doesn't show! BABY DUST!

SignoraL, this was my first month using EPO and I noticed a definite increase in my CM and it also started much earlier. I never really get the whole EWCM that everyone talks about - sometimes on o day I get it but by then it's a little late! Anyway, this month I started getting tons of CM from cd 7!!! I mean, seriously, I thought I was going to o super early! I got 'high' readings on my CBFM from cd 10 to cd 15 (positive OPK in the afternoon of cd 15) and then 'peak' readings cd 16 and 17, with an o day of cd 18 (according to temps).

I was having tons of CM on all of those days (the only difference is that I spot a little on o day - yeah, I know, it's not like me to spot!!!). I even got loads of CM after o day. Until 4dpo when all this spotting started and never stopped :growlmad:

So I agree with Rosababy, I would BD every couple of days until you get positive OPK and then BD every day. Worst case scenario you don't get a positive OPK then at least you've been BD-ing every other day.

That was one of the key differences we did this cycle. The last few cycles we were BD-ing pretty much every day (which was a lot as my CBFM always starts my 'high' days quite early - I obviously am awash with estrogen!). This cycle we BD-ed every other day from cd10, then on my peak days and the day after (e.g. cd 16, 17 and 18). I also really believe the EPO helped and would use it again. We tried Preseed a couple of months back but didn't really like it, this was much better and on one occasion my DH asked if I'd started using Preseed again! The only other thing I was taking was B50 complex as I heard it can help lengthen your LP and reduce spotting. There's a whole team of ladies on here that swear by it. I don't know if it would of worked for me as like I said, I started spotting from 4dpo.

Anyway, that's a very, very long way to say that I'm glad the EPO is working its magic for you and keep your eye out for the positive OPK! Good luck! :hugs:

Thanks, Rosababy and Happenstance! I'm doing the EPO, B-Complex, Preseed and Prenatals. I'm also drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (although not as much as last month since I ran out of my box at home). Yesterday seemed a bit early and when I woke up, my temp was 97.8, which confirmed I hadn't ovulated yet (I tend to be in the mid-high 97s during the FP and 98s for the LP).

bubbles715, sorry to hear about your m/cs. I hope that these signs mean you'll get your BFP!!! :dust:

Good morning ladies

I think I might want to try EPO since I only get maybe 1 day of ewcm. Can you buy it in the local drug store?
So, yesterday my temps went down below my coverline and 2 negative hpt's then today my temp skyrocketed with another BFN! Also, when I wiped I had slight tinge of pink on the tp. I'm thinking AF is almost here but shouldn't my temp stay down?

Wish you all the Best Luck and I am sending Baby Dust to all of you!! My DH and I just srated TTC #1 too!! we are so excited!! I have all these symptoms and I am only 6DPO....I am not sure what to think...:shrug:

Good morning ladies

I think I might want to try EPO since I only get maybe 1 day of ewcm. Can you buy it in the local drug store?
So, yesterday my temps went down below my coverline and 2 negative hpt's then today my temp skyrocketed with another BFN! Also, when I wiped I had slight tinge of pink on the tp. I'm thinking AF is almost here but shouldn't my temp stay down?

I got the EPO in the local health store but they sell it in the chemists too. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I honestly can't say enough good things about it now. It made a HUGE difference to my CM. Remember, you should only take it up until o day, not after.

As for your temps, I dunno :wacko: SignoraL's been temping for a lot longer than me so she might have an idea? Did you do anything different e.g. take your temp at a different time? I think it's great your temps went back up, let's hope they stay there! Perhaps a little implantation bleeding? Fingers crossed for you babyfeva! I'll keep an eye on your chart. :hugs:

Wish you all the Best Luck and I am sending Baby Dust to all of you!! My DH and I just srated TTC #1 too!! we are so excited!! I have all these symptoms and I am only 6DPO....I am not sure what to think...:shrug:

Welcome Lissylou48! Sending you :dust:

hi, this is my 2nd cycle trying to concieve and new member. i just recently being using clear blue opk and all negatives tomorrow is cd 14 and i know the average is cd13 cd14 but has anyone with a 28 day cycle had a later ovulation day. i have always used the calendar method and for 8 months nothing so i gave up and now im ttc again. was my mistake that i was trying on the wrong days. i've had a fear that maybe im infertile but hopeing to get advice and to see if there is still hope for that bfp opk. :happydance:

Good morning ladies

I got the EPO in the local health store but they sell it in the chemists too. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I honestly can't say enough good things about it now. It made a HUGE difference to my CM. Remember, you should only take it up until o day, not after.

As for your temps, I dunno :wacko: SignoraL's been temping for a lot longer than me so she might have an idea? Did you do anything different e.g. take your temp at a different time? I think it's great your temps went back up, let's hope they stay there! Perhaps a little implantation bleeding? Fingers crossed for you babyfeva! I'll keep an eye on your chart. :hugs:

I think if your temp went up, there still might be a possibility? I can't quite say - I've had my temp dip and then go back up a bit - but I've never had a BFP, so mine dip right back down. :hugs: and :dust: for you!!!

Welcome, lissylou48!!!

Good morning ladies

This is my first month temping so I have no idea, lets hope your temp stays high. You might want to look at the charts FF have stored that may help. wishing you the best of luk hun :dust:

hi, this is my 2nd cycle trying to concieve and new member. i just recently being using clear blue opk and all negatives tomorrow is cd 14 and i know the average is cd13 cd14 but has anyone with a 28 day cycle had a later ovulation day. i have always used the calendar method and for 8 months nothing so i gave up and now im ttc again. was my mistake that i was trying on the wrong days. i've had a fear that maybe im infertile but hopeing to get advice and to see if there is still hope for that bfp opk. :happydance:

Hey Chrisrinakay,

My cycle around 28 days now but can flutuate to 30 day at times, this is my first month temping so it has given a great insight to whats going on and where I may have gone wrong in the past. I feel like I am in more control of my fertility now. Right now just keep bd till ur more sure of you have o'd.
Good luck and you will find a lot of support :hugs:here

Ladies there was another thread last week that was asking for positive affitmations and I wanted to share mine with you!! :winkwink:

I will try not to go :wacko: obsessing about everything. I will enjoy my 2WW and relax as much as possible. Not wishing the weeks away.

I will embrace the beautiful new friendships I make on BB as we are all fab and preparing for to be Bump Buddies.

Embrace my beautiful relationship with my DB

I will nurture the nurturer and get ready for us all to do the :happydance: for our BFP

I will leave it in the hands of nature and the universe

I am ready for my little lotus petal to come into the world

:hugs: :dust::dust::dust:

Ladies there was another thread last week that was asking for positive affitmations and I wanted to share mine with you!! :winkwink:

I will try not to go :wacko: obsessing about everything. I will enjoy my 2WW and relax as much as possible. Not wishing the weeks away.

I will embrace the beautiful new friendships I make on BB as we are all fab and preparing for to be Bump Buddies.

Embrace my beautiful relationship with my DB

I will nurture the nurturer and get ready for us all to do the :happydance: for our BFP

I will leave it in the hands of nature and the universe

I am ready for my little lotus petal to come into the world

:hugs: :dust::dust::dust:

Lotus womb I really enjoyed reading this and admire your positive attitude. I am also in the TWW and will try to have the same positive attitude that you have :friends:

Negative this morning and sore breast is slowly going away i think started to spot brown and pink i think AF is just about here i'm sad but i guess on to next month i hope all you ladies bfp update us please! baby dustt

Thanks lotus,

I got my bfp opk test today:cloud9:. Cd 15 so now bding everyday to cover bases. Anyone get pregnant after seeing there smiley face on clear blue digital opk?:happydance:

Sorry about your BFN, Bubbles715 :( Hopefully next month will be it for you!

I'm on CD 16, but I'm having a slow rise this month, so FF isn't thinking I've ovulated yet and I used EPO (and boy did it work - for five days in a row), so I have no clue if I ovulated. We're still BD-ing this month, but we learned some news last week that may change things up a bit. My DH had a SA done and count was great, but motility and morphology were not so good, so he's on male fertility vitamins to improve the little guys. The RE also asked him some questions about my cycle and he thought 23 days was too short for a cycle (and thought it might indicate a LPD, which I've been thinking all along), so we both made an appt. to see him next week for a consultation. I found out that our insurance covers everything up until diagnosis, so I guess we're at that next step. Those are easy fixes, so hopefully that's all we need to do.

How is everyone else doing? Lotus Womb, loved your affirmations!

Signora- I'm happy to hear things are coming along. Hopefully everything turns out fine :) I had a question about epo. When do you take it in your cycle? I just bought some last night but I'm barely on CD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->