• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Lillyrose- That's great that you like your OB/GYN. I hope I like mine. I will meet her in 1 month for my first appointment. Your symptoms also sound great. I also felt exhausted this past week which alerted me something was off. When will you test?

I'm feeling absolutely exhausted and my chart shows another 3rd temperature shift, so now it is looking triphasic :) I was thinking about testing on Monday (12 dpo), but if my symptoms still persist I might test over the weekend! We shall see! I'm trying not to get too excited b/c I has similar symptoms last month and my chart looked great and BAM :af:

Lillyrose- your chart looks awesome! Maybe test on Saturday!! I'm so excited.

Babyfevaaaaaaaa - woooooooohooooo!!! Just can't stop being ecstatic for you too :)

Now I'm waiting for Bezinga (haven't heard from her in a while) and SignoraL from our old crew to get on board!

So, yesterday was eventful. Had my FIRST check up at the OB/GYNs. Met an NP for the first visit, included a pelvic exam (ouch), short (informal) ultrasound, we listened to the baby's heartbeat via doppler, and had some education, and lots of blood work and paper work on what to expect, what to/not to do! We were surprised to find out that baby is 12 weeks, 2 days as of yesterday per the ultrasound!!! We thought I wasn't that many weeks yet because I had my + opk on Jan 24th and we'd been trying all January in India!

So, does this mean that we conceived just after Christmas?!!! I don't get it because after 7 days of spotting (which usually I'd have 1-2 days pre-AF) AF got me on 12/29/11 - red flow, huge clots (sorry TMI) etc. so I thought I was out, or was I?!!!

Anyway, it was amazing to see the little bugger jumping up and down!!!! I could hardly believe it.

Next more formal u/s is next week Tuesday so that will help measure exact stuff. I can't believe I'm in the 2nd trimester already...goodness!

OMG - as I write, we sent a short video to my in-laws (first in the family to know). My hubby took a short clip during the ultrasound - it's clearer watching it now than the pictures we were given - then again it was an 'informal' bedside u/s. We'd suggest bringing a camera to your ultrasounds :)

xx

Thanks Learning Life!! I'm ecstatic. I still can't believe it. How are you doing?

babyfeva- CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting!

LearningLife-great idea on bringing a camera. I'm going to have to remember that for the future!

LearningLife - OMG! You're already in your second trimester! When is your due date? Think now you should definitely change your status from TTC to Pregnant (Expecting). My sis-in-law also had similar symptoms as yours. She's just found out that she's pregnant, but couldn't figure out when she conceived. She got her AF in December, some light bleeding in January that lasted only a day, and no AF in February. She couldn't understand whether January bleeding should be counted as AF. AFM, I'm still inching towards completing my first trimester. Each day seems like ages!

Babyfeva - How are you doing? Any prominent symptoms? MS or something else?

How's everyone else? It's really great, each month someone shares good news.

Hay Ladies,

Babyfeva big big congratulations on your BFP. I am so happy for you:happydance: It is so great that we are getting good news each month.

Learninglife - wow second Tri thats is so exciting. I love the idea of the camera for the scan.

Neha- glad your well too, how are you feeling?

Mrs Griff - What stage are you at in your cycle?

Well I may have O'd yesterday I had Dark OPK Wednesday and Thursday. I had a slight temp rise today so going to wait and see.

:dust: to All

Neha - even though I've meant to connect with you and your desi sticky bean a long time ago I have been following your story on the threads! How are you feeling now? Hope your M/S etc. has settled down by now.

I can't believe it's the 2nd trimester and I only just had my first pre-natal visit and u/s! Hopefully all is okay with baby - we'll find out more detail in a formal ultrasound this coming Tues. I know, just like your friend, still can't believe having AF and still being pregnant?! We thought we'd only be at about 8-10 or so since we tried so hard with all that baby dancing in Jan!!! Unless of course the baby is just bigger than it should be at this time...Hmmm

Waited to tell family until our first visit...now most of the important people know. You are right, I should change my status now that there really is someone growing in there (and not just me getting hungry and fat without anything real going on!)- okay, how would I do that?

Babyfeva: how are you doing? Are you in touch with Bezinga at all? Haven't heard from her in ages!

:baby: on our minds!

LearningLife - OMG! You're already in your second trimester! When is your due date? Think now you should definitely change your status from TTC to Pregnant (Expecting). My sis-in-law also had similar symptoms as yours. She's just found out that she's pregnant, but couldn't figure out when she conceived. She got her AF in December, some light bleeding in January that lasted only a day, and no AF in February. She couldn't understand whether January bleeding should be counted as AF. AFM, I'm still inching towards completing my first trimester. Each day seems like ages!

Babyfeva - How are you doing? Any prominent symptoms? MS or something else?

How's everyone else? It's really great, each month someone shares good news.

Neha- wow, i can't believe you're almost in your second trimester. That was fast.
The only symptoms I am experiencing is exhaustion and slightly feeling swollen (fat) in my stomach and also I'm getting these muscle pulling feelings on my right groin area. Sometimes i just feel it walking or when i cough, laugh, or sneeze. Is this normal, have you felt this?? Some ppl say it's my uterus growing. At 4 weeks though? Not sure.

Learning life! I can't believe you're in your second trimester. That's crazy. My friend was just freaking me out telling me that I might be further along as well b/c my period in Jan was light but who knows. I don't think i'll know until my first appt with the dr. The nurse over the phone told me the dr will see me when I'm 8 weeks along. I have an appt next Monday for a blood preggo test. I wonder if they can tell from that if i'm much further along than 4 weeks? Not sure. Do you have a belly yet? I feel like i'm already getting swollen haha. Also, i was asking neha that if she's felt like a muscle pull in the groin area bc that's what i'm experiencing. Some ppl say it's my uterus growing but at 4 weeks?? Have you felt this?

Btw- I spoke w/Bezinga on Sunday and she's doing great. She just finished moving and settling in. I'll tell her hi for you!

Really feeling quite down this morning. My temperature really dropped this morning,but it is still above coverline. My temp shot up at CD 8 & 9 so I was hoping that I had implanted on those days and my chart would be triphasic :huh: The only thing that is giving me any bit of hope is that I didn't have a dip before my temperature rose so maybe today is my implantation dip and tomorrow my temp will rise again. FX'd.

This is so sad and pathetic that a chart can have such an impact on the beginning of my day. My emotions swing from one day to the next. Yesterday I would have sworn that we finally did it and I was pregnant now today I feel like I'm out and it's on CD 10.

Sorry to be such a bummer today ladies. Hope we get some more BFP on this thread soon!

Lillyrose- stay positive it may be implantation!

Babyfeva: It is crazy isn't it?! They may do an u/s (maybe an informal bedside one like I had) which, depending on how much baby and sac they can see at that point (which yes, totally depends on how many weeks you are and you could be further along which would be great too :)) If it's nicely visible, then they can measure the Crown, Length, to Rump measurement which tells you how many weeks and days you are. That will help determine your due date. If you don't have an u/s then they'll probably count from your LMP at this point until you have your scan.

If you want, you can ask them to listen to baby's heartbeat via doppler as well. We asked and she brought it in later to have us hear and honestly, it was difficult to hear even at 12 weeks but it was there faintly beating away under my louder heart beat! You may/may not be able to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks so don't be too concerned. She can tell you how fast the baby's heart is beating since the u/s picks it up.

Do take a camera to your u/s. Your DH can video the u/s. It's so much clearer and fun later than the two pics. they hand you. Again, you may not be able to see as much clarity and movement and detail as you might in a few weeks but still :)

Totally thickening in waist here hahaha...My clothes don't fit!!! Yesterday I was trying to get on a pair of shorts that I've fit into for 11 years (in fact, they were on the looser side of things), and nope, they wouldn't button up! I'm going to have my to-be-sister-in-law create some of these (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maternity-Belly-Band/9135710 - but with better material) for me to wear across my waist band 1. for belly support and 2. to wear pants unzipped/unbuttoned hahaa Your tummy may grow quite rapidly and you'll also feel it getting tighter.

Other than that, people have told me my face is getting chubbier...grrreeattt just what I needed!

muscle pulls/slight discomfort in the uterus/groin sides: Absolutely! I have felt this more often in the beginning weeks than now. It was kind if annoying but I also believe it is the uterus having its growth spurts. There's nothing to worry about unless you have severe/extreme pain in the sides.

Don't be surprised if you have weird symptoms too. Your body is adjusting to so much so rapidly that you might have skin issues (your skin is much more sensitive) or GI distress (constipation/loose stools) on top of everything.

Thanks for forwarding my hello to Bezinga. Tell her I miss seeing her on here because I want to know how she is getting along and that we want her to join us on this journey asap ;-)

Yay for baby journeys! :hugs:

Learning life! I can't believe you're in your second trimester. That's crazy. My friend was just freaking me out telling me that I might be further along as well b/c my period in Jan was light but who knows. I don't think i'll know until my first appt with the dr. The nurse over the phone told me the dr will see me when I'm 8 weeks along. I have an appt next Monday for a blood preggo test. I wonder if they can tell from that if i'm much further along than 4 weeks? Not sure. Do you have a belly yet? I feel like i'm already getting swollen haha. Also, i was asking neha that if she's felt like a muscle pull in the groin area bc that's what i'm experiencing. Some ppl say it's my uterus growing but at 4 weeks?? Have you felt this?

Btw- I spoke w/Bezinga on Sunday and she's doing great. She just finished moving and settling in. I'll tell her hi for you!

Learning life- thanks for all that information! You're gonna think I'm crazy but I already feel somewhat round (maybe its bloat). Today I went dress shopping for a wedding that I'm going to in 2 weeks and I tried on a dress and my tummy already sticks out!!!! Is this too soon?

I wanna see pics of your belly :)

Babyfeva: here is a short article on why you might be experiencing bloating this early in the pregnancy...https://www.livestrong.com/article/151153-causes-of-bloating-when-you-are-4-weeks-pregnant/

My NP told me to stop or at least decrease the googling but I just can't help it :)

So, I took some quick pics yesterday for a 12 week pic. even though I was past...and they look a bit horrible since I already appear like a baby elephant! I'll send you a pic. in your e-mail or something if you'd like...lol

PS: Maybe get a high waisted dress? Hope you find one that you love that fits well :)

:hugs:

Learning life- thanks for all that information! You're gonna think I'm crazy but I already feel somewhat round (maybe its bloat). Today I went dress shopping for a wedding that I'm going to in 2 weeks and I tried on a dress and my tummy already sticks out!!!! Is this too soon?

Hay Ladies,

Babyfeva big big congratulations on your BFP. I am so happy for you:happydance: It is so great that we are getting good news each month.

Learninglife - wow second Tri thats is so exciting. I love the idea of the camera for the scan.

Neha- glad your well too, how are you feeling?

Mrs Griff - What stage are you at in your cycle?

Well I may have O'd yesterday I had Dark OPK Wednesday and Thursday. I had a slight temp rise today so going to wait and see.

:dust: to All

I'm on CD 34 currently. I think I *might* have O'd around the 17th/18th but I'm not totally sure because I'm terrible at reading the opks. We did plenty of BD just in case. I feel like this would be so much easier if I just had a regular cycle!

Babyfeva, it may be bloating. My colleagues at work have already started commenting on my bump. Don't know! I've always been on the heavier side. I told them I used to look pregnant even when I was in school. :haha:

AF is on her way :(. My temps dipped to coverline today and I have had cramps and backache like she will be here in a day or so :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->