TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Thanks! I have a couple of questions...is there a post somewhere to clue me in on all these abbreviations? Ha. I have most of them down, but I feel like I need a cheat sheet! And, for when my hubby is ready, is there a forum like this for dads TTC?? Thanks!

I'm not sure about the cheat sheet but I just look them up online. I still don't even know how to do all the faces and blinking BFP's, etc... Hopefully someone will clue us in.

Thanks! I have a couple of questions...is there a post somewhere to clue me in on all these abbreviations? Ha. I have most of them down, but I feel like I need a cheat sheet! And, for when my hubby is ready, is there a forum like this for dads TTC?? Thanks!

Check out this link:

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Check out this link:

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Thanks!!!

Signora, that sounds like a great plan! I tried baby aspirin (one a day, 81mg) to strengthen the lining, too. Doc has me on it now, as part of my IVF pill cocktail.

:hugs: Thanks, rosababy! I have some of those (yummy, orange flavor!) Hoping all of this will help. How long do you still have to take the IVF pills? We are so excited for you guys!

Well since the bfp, I've stopped taking 4 of the supplements, which was 12 pills a day, so that's good! I'm taking a few fiber pills a day since I'm not allowed to drink water...doc said don't get constipated. HA! too late. So, hopefully those will help. I'm not sure how long I have to take all the rest of the supplements, but the shots and suppositories will go until the end of the 1st trimester, I'm guessing.

WHAT!!! I know I've been MIA for a few days, but today I log back on and see that this thread has its first BFP! A big CONGRATULATIONS Rosababy! I'm so happy for you! :happydance: You must be beyond excited! What a fantastic way to start 2012! :headspin:

How is everyone else getting on? Anyone close to testing?

Thanks, happenstance! I know I'm not technically "new to bnb" or new to ttc, but I came on this thread because signoraL is my friend irl, so I want to support her. I'm glad I've met some new people though! :flower: I'm so excited!

yaay, my bbt came in!! woohoo will start using it tomorrow.

Hi Signora,

We are very much on the same boat. Myself 28, DH 30. Married for 1 year 2 months, ttc 4 months. I was diagnosed with PCOs two years back, and have been having irregular (almost non-existent) periods ever since. However, thanks to birth control pills, I had regular periods till 1 year after marriage.

Having come off the pill, I thought it would be wise to first consult a doctor and tell her my concerns. She suggested IUI to which I readily agreed. Had my first IUI last month that failed miserably. Feeling devastated ever since! :cry: Next IUI cycle to begin today.

------

Me: 28, PCOs
DH: 30, perfectly normal. His last sperm analysis showed a count of 80 million with 80% motility!
TTC: 4 months
1st IUI: December 17, 2011
Result: AF on January 4, 2012 (grrr...) :growlmad:

Hi gals, sorry it's taken me a few days to write...

Welcome, xopiinkiie and neha!!!

xopiinkiie, there is a "men only" forum on here. The lingo takes time (I'm still learning myself), but you'll catch on quickly.

neha, I'm so sorry that your first IUI didn't work, but I hope everything works with this one and you get your :bfp:!!! In the meantime, we are here to support and encourage you! If you also want to speak with some ladies also going through IUI, there is an "assisted conception" thread that may be helpful.

babyfeva - yay for getting your BBT! I don't know if you're already using Fertility Friend, but that's where I chart. One recommendation, try to set your alarm for the same time every morning to check your temp - it will make it more consistent. Even if I'm sleeping in, I set mine for 6:30 a.m., and then just roll over and go back to sleep. Also, a tip - over New Year's we were at my BILs and slept in their basement, which was very chilly and my temp was super low for me (97.2 - my FP temps are usually in the high 97s and LP temps are in the mid 98s). I ended up discarding that one on Fertility Friend because my temp was of course much higher the next day and FF started reading that temp as an ovulation dip, but I knew better.

Happenstance! How have you been? Did you have a nice holiday? I'm on CD 15, so still a ways from testing.

And yes, rosababy got her :bfp:!!! So excited for her and her DH!!! :hugs:

:wave: everyone.

I have a suggestion. Everytime I log on I forget where I am (no, not like that. I, of course, know that I'm sitting at my computer...I just mean that I forget what stage everyone's at!). So, I was wondering if we should start a lucky list? Rosababy is this thread's first BFP, so perhaps she's started a trend and we can all follow!

I figured we could put down our names and then add the dates for when we plan to test (ideally the day your AF is due, although we all know we'll never wait that long!!!)? If there's no date next to the person's name then we know they are still waiting to o. What do you think?

I'll start it and if you want to add your name just copy and paste it to your post.

Hope you are all doing great and here's to our 2012 babies!!!

LUCKY LIST

Happenstance - January 15

PREGNANT

:bfp:Rosababy:bfp:

Great idea, Happenstance!!!

LUCKY LIST

SignoraL - January 16

PREGNANT

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are having a good evening! I just joined yesterday at the recommendation of a dear friend who is also TTC and has been a great confidant through this journey. She said that the friends she has met in the B&B community have been incredibly supportive and I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did!

My DH and I have been married for almost a year and a half (I'm 30 and he's 29) and we started TTC shortly after celebrating our first anniversary, a little over five months ago. We are currently on C# 7. I stopped using the Nuva Ring in Nov. 2010 and had a few irregular cycles immediately after that, but the last 9-10 months have been between 25-27 days and my LMP was Nov. 30. I've been BBT-ing and checking CM (although it tends to be scant - so frustrating, but I'm looking into Evening Primrose Oil) and I've also been using CB OPKs. I've been charting on an iPhone app for the last six months and just started using Fertility Friend and love it.

Also, I was also diagnosed as hyperthyroid in Dec. 2009 and was treated with a low dose of Methimazole for six months after it - my endocrinologist told me since everything looked good, I didn't need to come in again until I was pregnant, but thinking of making an appt. just to make sure everything is still ok.

Anyways, as you all know, it's tough seeing AF arrive right on time each month, especially after sometimes feeling possible pregnancy symptoms, but we're still hopeful and have been taking steps to improve our diet, exercise more, etc. and I've been reading a great book called "Making Babies" that has made me feel much more at ease.

DH and I were at the mall today and watching a newborn get her photo taken with Santa and hoping we're doing that next year with our little bambino or bambina. I hope the same for all of you and look forward to getting to know you and supporting each other! Good night!

Good luck :)

Welcome, Lillyrose20wd! Good luck and :dust: to you, too! Tell us about yourself! We're glad to have you on here!

Great idea, Happenstance!!!

LUCKY LIST

SignoraL - January 16

PREGNANT

Maybe it would be cool to put it on the first page... :shrug:

Just put it under my first post on page 1. Thanks for the idea and thanks for dinner. So good to see you and can't wait to go out and celebrate next week! :hugs:

LUCKY LIST

SignoraL - January 16
Babyfeva- January 27

PREGNANT

Rosababy

All the best to you, Signora!

I'm going through several medical tests these days. My doctor wants to make sure that I don't have any other problem besides PCOs. Got endometrial biopsy done last week. (Man, it was painful! Cried all through the test.) HSG scheduled for tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. So badly want my reports to be clean.

Just put it under my first post on page 1. Thanks for the idea and thanks for dinner. So good to see you and can't wait to go out and celebrate next week! :hugs:

You're the only one who can do it. Go to your very first post and push edit. You can put it at the end of your post. You can't add a post on the first page though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->