TTC#1 since Sep 2010 - long irregular cycles *UPDATE* diagnosed with PCOS

How are we ladies? I am on CD 12 and waiting for any signs of O ....... Yawn! ........:coffee:

Hi babycakes, hope your not waiting too long for O, I'm still waiting for AF...boo!

Are you using OPK's? X

Hi babycakes, hope your not waiting too long for O, I'm still waiting for AF...boo!

Are you using OPK's? X

I'm using CBFM this month used that and OPK's the last few months but decided to give up OPK's and temping this cycle. I'm going to try and relax more and listen to my body. I got a letter from the doc today that said my bloods from the last cycle confirmed ovulation:thumbup:

How r u getting on Lily? Xxx

Got ur PM Lily. Hope you are good.

How is ev1 else?

I think I O'd on CD19 maybe 20. Dunno exactly cos I gave the temping up. Just goin to wait it out for AF. If she doesn't show by 1st July then I'll test. But to be honest I don't hold out too much hope after ttc for 11months not sure if I'll ever see a BFP ......

Hey Hun keep your chin up! good luck for testing

How is everyone else?

xx

Hi i'm 27 from the uk and have been NTNP for the past 9months or so and have been off bcp since nov 2009 as i wanted to start giving my body a break after 10years.... well ever since my cycles were irregular going anywhere from 45+ up to 3months once, so after a year still were irregular so decided that they weren't right but the doctor brushed me off! so i just thought maybe its just normal!..... but i always knew something wasn't right, so after speaking with another doc and explaining that i was thinking of starting a family soon she got me in for an ultrasound and blood test, this was back in may 2011.... bloods were normal(even showed i ovulated that day) but scan showed poly-cystic ovaries. I was disheartened by the news and the fact the nurse wouldn't even tell me anything more so had to go back to docs. she said i'd need to leave it 6months and go back for more tests and meds!
sorry for the long story!
so basically i'm taking every vitamin i can to help... vitex which has shortened my cycle to 36 days....royal jelly....epo...vit b6...soy iso-flavones and now i've bought pre-seed and more opk as i haven't used them for a couple of months and didn't think i ovulated this month!

Would really like a buddie(s) to compare cycles/symptoms/stories and i don't know how long i can wait for my bfp now it makes me want it more then anything!

Currently on cd 29, no symptoms at all :-S

Thanks for reading my essay lol

Hi Rachey, welcome hun, it's really disheartening isn't it. Doctors just do not care about the patient anymore, its just guidelines and budgets, I hope you get sorted soon, have they given you anything for your PCOS? I haven't been given anything but I have read on here girls being given metformin, think thats just for a specific type of PCOS though. My next step is Clomid to help ovulate to ttc. My own doctor is a waste of space though, we are going private. I am CD103 today! my own GP doesn't want to know or help! xx

no they haven't given me any meds yet she said i'd have to come back after 6months of trying.. all she gave me were leaflets about pcos but i already know about it as i have read it online even before i got diagnosed!
doctors aren't very helpful...does it cost alot to go private??
i'm just taking vitamins atm and keeping healthy and eating low carb diet and maybe try acupuncture in the mean time... i'm just waiting for af in the next week and i can start using pre seed. It's annoying cos i have no symptoms of it just long cycles. I do ovulate but not sure weather the egg is mature enough? thats why i take royal jelly.
there's another member on here that got pregnant naturally within a couple of months with pcos!

it cost us £400 altogether for initial consultation (£150), internal scan (£150), bloods (£5), diagnoses of PCOS and my husbands SA (£95). I have an appt with him on Wed as he wanted to do CD2 bloods but I still have no af, no idea what the next costs are going to be, he is going to give me something to start AF and clomid to take certain days, I will find out Wed and let you know. I have read people that have got there naturally aswell, i just get that paranoid that I'm not going to be that lucky! 6 months is an awful long time for you to wait, maybe you could bend the truth a little and say you have been ttc or NTNP since you stopped the pill in 2009? worth a try?

yeah i'm going to go back to the doctors and ask for someone else and see what they say! good luck with your meds and hope you get some where soon x

hey! where has everyone went? How is everyone? I got my prescription for provera and clomid yesterday! can't wait to start fx it gives us a little helping hand! x

Hi good thanks, how are you? I am starting provera to induce Af on wed then starting my first round of clomid when AF shows up after that, I will be taking 50mg days 2-6 very nervous but very excited too. What's new with you? How are you getting on? X

Nothing is reAlly new with me still having long cycles but just trying to be more relaxed x

i'm on cd44 now, thought it would be only 36 days this one as i been taking vitex for 3months now to regulate my hormones but seems to have messed up some how, hpt tests are still negative! only a couple of symptoms, waiting till im in my 50+day then go to the doctors.

Hey racheybabe, yeah def go to docters, it took me ages to get something to induce af - in fact I didn't even get it off my own dr, he is useless, I had to go private to get it! Just finished my course tonight so af should show in a couple of days from now! I actually cant wait, today is CD117, seems weird saying this but hurry up af! x

Hi Ladies! I'm still alive:happydance: just been taking a wee break from BnB. Well AF got me last cycle now on to cycle 10...... Think the AC and losing weight has really helped my cycles last one was 32days.

Anyways, how's ev1 else gettin on? :hugs:

Hey babycakes, good to hear from you again, glad your cycles are getting better and I know what you mean about the break, sometimes I think I am on here far too often!

Well I am CD1 again after a 119 day cycle! Had to get it induced with provera though! So I am starting my clomid tomorrow

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->