TTC #1, Would Love a Buddy! On CD 5...

Matila10

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who's around the same cycle as me and would like to buddy up? I would love someone to talk to more...I have two friends who recently announced they are pregnant (literally, at dinner with me on back to back nights, ouch) and they both said they just got off birth control and were pregnant right away. I'm happy for them, but it's hard!

I'm in my sixth month of TTC.

Hope to hear from you!

Oh, that's great! How old is your first LO? We're trying for our first. I am currently on CD 6, although I never know when to start counting. I could be on CD 9 if I count from when I first saw spots.

My DS is going to be 3 in January. Ive read on other threads that your supposed to count your first CD when you have an actual flow. i spotted one day and then the next day i had actual red flow so thats what im counting as CD1

Thanks, that's super helpful. I wasn't sure. I'm on day 10 now, but i have a 34 day cycle, so I'm just starting opks today. Hows it going for you?

Three is a great age to go for your second!

Hi - I'll join you!!! Although I'm not very good at coming on here every day for updates!

I totally know how you feel about other people being pregnant. Found out last month that my sister is pregnant with #1, so is my best friend and then heard from the girl I work with that she's expecting #2 - all due within 3 weeks of each other! I really am happy for them but can't help feeling a little left out!

We are only on our 3rd cycle of ttc but every day drags on when you're ss or in the tww! I'm a really impatient person, which doesn't help!
Have had every symptom under the sun over the last 2 weeks but think AF is coming today :( so I'm not quite at the same point as you are. Just going to look up reviews and cost of Clearblue fertility monitor!

I know exactly how you feel, WhiteOrchid! I really want to happy for my friends, but I'm definitely feeling that envy monster in me coming out. I had lunch with one of the friends today, and she was complaining about being pregnant and how this will be her last time, etc. etc. She even knows how hard we're trying, so it was frustrating. I think that was her way of trying to support me, by not acting too happy, but it of course had the opposite affect! Hopefully we'll be joining her soon!

If you haven't gotten that AF yet, there's still hope!!! Keep us updated.

Also, let me know what you find out about the monitor!

Pretty sure AF is here - slow to start, which is so cruel!!

I think I am going to buy the clearblue monitor, it's £60 and has great reviews on Amazon. Not a miracle cure but it must help to know you're trying at the best time! You have to start testing on the first day of AF so too late for me now! Might order it this week so I have a chance to read the instructions. The extra tests strips can be quite expensive so I shall search the net for those. My DH was so sweet last night, when I was sobbing into my pillow - he said £60 is nothing if it helps make a baby!!!

(I notice you are in Chicago - we came there in June (from the UK) and totally loved it! )

FX for this cycle to everyone!

Ugh, I HATE when it starts off so slow that you always hold out a little bit of hope. It's frustrating. I think it's super cruel that AF symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are so similar.

That's so nice about your DH, what a good guy. I might go ahead and buy one too, since you have to start using it the first day of your next period. I'm hoping to not get to that point, but I should play it safe.

Glad you liked Chicago! I love love love this city. What did you guys do while you were here? Where are you from?

Have a great day, everyone!

Why is nature so cruel??!!!! No more AF symptoms since first thing this morning?! Also, and I apologise if this is tmi, it doesn't seem the same as usual! I always get a day of dark brown sludge before I bleed and this seems to have been pale brown. I think AF is tricking me into false hope!

Maybe buying the monitor will be all you need to get the bfp you so want!!! Still worth the money even if it goes unused!

We are near to London (Essex) - came over in late may - did tons - art museum, aquarium, science museum, zoo, bus tour, boat tour, shopping, sears tower, navy pier fireworks, jazz/piano bars, tons of good food and drinks! Have recommended Chicago to everyone I know!!! We had some good weather too!

I am liking the countdown things on your profile - off to investigate how to get them!

It's never TMI, that's what this website is there for, haha. I know what you mean, when you are scrutinizing every little thing, it always seems different. Did you try testing just in case??

So glad you got to enjoy so much of Chicago! The food is the best, which is part of the reason it's so hard to lose weight! I have a feeling that is something that is holding me back, I'm about 20 pounds too heavy, I think. I ate really well today though!

Did you figure out the tickers?

I am really confused and trying not to get excited! Still having small amounts of brown CM and the occassional bit of pale watery blood - definitely not like any AF I've ever had - 3 days of this now!

Did give in and test on Sunday which was only 11/12 dpo so might have been too early, if there was anything going on in there!

I also know that I need to lose weight! Was doing an aerobics thing twice a week but got lazy in the last 2 weeks - must start again although whenever I'm in the tww I get paranoid as I don't want to disturb anything from implanting by jumping up anddown!!!
Anyhow - I know lots of people who've had babies and they were certainly overweight when they got pregnant!

Not tried the tickers yet but found a forum on how to insert them!

Oh well - AF arrived with a vengeance this afternoon :(
Have just ordered the Clearblue Monitor from amazon - will be able to start using it next time - maybe I won't have to??!!!!!

Boooooooo I'm so sorry! That is horrible. Im sorry stupid AF teased you for a few days too. That keeps happening to me too. I always end up testing too soon too. I am going to try so hard to wait to test this time around. At least you have the CBFM to try this time! There's always hope and just think, you'll get your bfp next month and have an amazing little secret at Christmastime!

As for me, I'm on cd 13, but my cycle is really long so I don't expect to ov for another week. We are BDing every day, and I just got preseed. Have you ever tried that? It gets such amazing reviews here.

Whats your name by the way? I'm Laura and I'm 29. It's sooooooo nice to have someone to talk to about all of this!

Had a crazy day yesterday. Although AF arrived on wednesday it was nothing different from normal - until yesterday lunchtime. (I don't know if I'm reading into this too much and trying to make it something it wasn't???) Suddenly had this feeling of bleeding ridiculously hard, dashed to the loo and it was almost pouring! Sorry for tmi but there were huge clots (do get this quite often) the size of egg yolks! While I was in there I 'passed' another clot-like thing, almost the size and shape of a walnut and pinky red jelly like. Kept on bleeding really bad and passing huge clots for 3 more hours and then it calmed down. From 9pm, nothing at all.

Maybe something had really begun over the last 2 weeks and this was an early MC? Perhaps I wasn't imagining all those symptoms? Maybe I would have had a bfp if I tested wed morning - glad I didn't really.
Not a nice experience but nothing I can do about it now.

To answer your question, I'm Viv and I'm 35 - I agree - it's great to be able to discuss this!!
Have you ever tried those ov stick tests? Sounds like you are doing all you can this cycle - fingers crossed for you!!!!

Hey Viv...sorry I've been MIA, I had a crazy couple of days myself the past few days! I was so excited Saturday, because I got my first-ever positive OPK on those sticks (yep, I started using them this cycle) and we definitely tried to take advantage! I was having a great day, and then...my little sister, who is 6 years younger than me, called to tell me she's pregnant with her boyfriend. It was AWFUL. I tried to sound as happy for her as I could on the phone, but just wanted to cry the whole time! Why is it soooo easy for everyone else?? I'm so frustrated about this for a million reasons. As soon as I hung up the phone, I lost it. My poor husband! He had a lot of mixed emotions too. I guess the upside is that if nothing else, I'm going to be an aunt?

That is so crazy what happened to you on Wednesday. Of course, I would be psychoanalyzing as well, it DOES sound like maybe something was happening over the past two weeks. Do you normally have that sudden feeling and then pouring blood? I don't think I've ever felt that...and then those do seem like huge clots. That doesn't sound like a nice experience at all, are you feeling any better? Any other developments?

Hi ladies! my hubby and I have been trying for 7 months, am realizing that I am not ovulating since stopping bc. Just took provera to induce a period and am hoping to be able to start clomid soon although my current doctor said I have to wait until we have been trying for a year. frusterating!

my close friend just told me today that she is pregnant. I cried. I am happy for her but it is hard because she is the 4th person to announce they are pregnant since we have started to try (and to make it worse, those 4 all started trying AFTER us)

I just took provera and had a withdrawal bleed so I am CD5 and hoping that I will actually ovulate this month!

wishing you ladies the best of luck this month!!!!!!

Welcome, Angie! I know exactly how you feel about the friends, my husband and I are just laughing about it at this point. One of my best friends just called to tell me some news, and we joked that she must be pregnant! Turns out she is engaged, which I'm so happy for her for :) We just counted, though, and we know 9 women who are pregnant right now. Nuts!

You sound pretty positive about this cycle...I hope you get that BFP this time! We're here for support if you need us.

thank you! :)

I saw above that you just got preseed, I have very briefly heard people talk about it but dont know what it is?

Hi ladies

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one feeling bitter and twisted about other people's happy news!!!! I keep wondering whether I am some nasty person - maybe everyone who is ttc feels this way for a while?! Sounds like we all have very supportive partners though!!

Feeling better today - I am going to try and see the doctor today to discuss what happened last week. The more I analyse, the more I think it may have been an early mc - never known anything quite like that before! No bleeding since, tiny bit of dark brown cm, which i get at end of AF. Very confusing.

Good news on the OPK!!!!
Preseed - heard about it but not seen it in stores here - is it an online thing?? What does it do exactly? Sorry for tmi but aren't you meant to be ttc when cm is at it's most slimy anyway??!!!!!! Got my clearblue monitor on saturday - read it through and it seems fairly easy to use - need to be able to test within a 6 hour window, which isn't too bad. Not sure whether the doc will suggest not ttc this cycle?

FX for you both - genuinely!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->