TTC #1, Would Love a Buddy! On CD 5...

Hello,

We are TTC#1 and on CD7 today. We have been trying for 2 months now and hoping get lucky this time. keeping my fingers crossed

Hi there

2 months can seem like a really long time, can't it! We've only been ttc since August but it seems like longer. Every time AF arrives you feel like there's another long wait ahead.
Are you trying opk's or temperatures or anything? Just bought a clearblue monitor - hoping not to use it much!

Any news from anyone else? How are you feeling today Matila?

Well, after two days of no spotting (and of course, getting my hopes up a bit), I just went to the bathroom and it's back, and bright red this time. So, so, so frustrating.

I feel like this has turned into my daily spotting sagas, but I guess that's the point of being able to talk with you guys, right? I'm so thankful you're willing to listen!

Yes, TTC is super trying mentally. I think I've gotten the "you haven't been trying long enough, it's just not your time yet" speech a bunch of times lately. I just hate that response. Can't people just say, "Wow, that really sucks." and leave it at that? Six months sure seems like a long time. I am skipping dinner with one of my pregnant friends tonight, who is having a "half-way to me being able to drink again" dinner. I just didn't think I could handle that sentiment right now.

ahhhh it is going to be our turn soon, right ladies??!!!?!

I have an appointment to see a fertility nurse at the end of December. I just started charting my temps this cycle and am praying that my body "fixes" itself and I get prego and get to cancel that appointment. ;-) (I have only had one period since stopping bc almost 8 months ago)

I have been reading this thread often and although I dont reply much, I am definitely cheering you all on!

Hi there

2 months can seem like a really long time, can't it! We've only been ttc since August but it seems like longer. Every time AF arrives you feel like there's another long wait ahead.
Are you trying opk's or temperatures or anything? Just bought a clearblue monitor - hoping not to use it much!

Any news from anyone else? How are you feeling today Matila?

Hi WhiteOrchid

Yeaa...everytime AF arrives it drives me crazy just thinking about the whole cycle once again......Each time the dissappointments just keep increasing...:cry:
I am not using opk's or temp....we were just BDing every alternate day...and have missed some days in between due to busy schedules at work
So the only thing we are tryin this month is to BD every single day of the month :blush: ...maybe even twice during OV time..if time permits....:thumbup:

Lets see if it works this time....:happydance::happydance:

What about you???....how long have u been trying for...and what are the methods u are using????

Well, after two days of no spotting (and of course, getting my hopes up a bit), I just went to the bathroom and it's back, and bright red this time. So, so, so frustrating.

I feel like this has turned into my daily spotting sagas, but I guess that's the point of being able to talk with you guys, right? I'm so thankful you're willing to listen!

Yes, TTC is super trying mentally. I think I've gotten the "you haven't been trying long enough, it's just not your time yet" speech a bunch of times lately. I just hate that response. Can't people just say, "Wow, that really sucks." and leave it at that? Six months sure seems like a long time. I am skipping dinner with one of my pregnant friends tonight, who is having a "half-way to me being able to drink again" dinner. I just didn't think I could handle that sentiment right now.

Ah i dont blame you, not exactly the sentiment to want to celebrate eh! I would easily never want or need to touch alcohol again if it meant i could complete my family with a happy healthy pregnancy/baby.
Good luck to you all trying, im hoping for a fab 2011 now, i dont think this is my year..... gonna keep trying though :winkwink:
Will be following everybody's journey and watching for those BFP to come in. I am going to see a romany gypsy this week :wacko: so ill be interested to see what he predicts for me. x

Interesting, Pixie! Let us know how that goes!

Went to the doctor today. She thinks I may have PCOS judging by my really irregular cycles and that I may not be ovulating every month. I already was diagnosed with Endo, but she seemed to doubt that diagnosis. I also got bloodwork done to test for hormonal or thyroid issues. Is it bad that I'm hoping there's an issue with my thyroid so I can blame the weight gain on that?!? Haha! I'm totally kidding. We'll see what they say when the blood work comes back. She said I'll have to wait until February to see an infertility doctor, if we aren't pregnant by then. That's ok with me...I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

My CBFM and new BBT thermometer came today. I'm excited to use them this cycle! I just wish I knew when to start...my spotting hasn't stopped, but it's not heavy (even enough for pad, really), so I have no idea when to begin!

Hi
Glad that the doctor is being helpful - I had a PCOS diagnosis 3 years ago but my body has pretty much regulated itself - I think! So have you done a preg test? Or are you pretty sure you are out this month? What did the doctor say about the spotting?
I have often thought it'd be easier to blame my extra pounds on a health issue - I know for a fact that I am just lazy and have no willpower! My DH goes to the gym and runs/crosstrains for 45 mins most days of the week....at 6am!! Sadly, his committment hasn't rubbed off on me!

I am in exactly the same boat over the CBFM! Just waiting for signs of another AF and then I'll begin - bit discouraged when I read on here that it can take between 4 and 10 weeks after m/c! DH says we should just try BDing anyway!

Hey there! Sorry I've been MIA....it's been busy around here with the holidays! Been doing a lot of eating and spending time with family.

I started using my cbfm! The spotting got heavier, to the point where I needed to use a pad consistently, so I started using it. I think I'm on CD4. Who knows, though! I could be anywhere from CD12 if I count from when the spotting started, or still 13dpo, if I shouldn't be counting this as af. I never asked the doctor about the spotting, wish I would have! Either way, I'll probably take an hpt this week, since I'm such a poas-a-holic!

How's everyone else doing?

Hi. Im now on cd 18, still no +opk and my spotting which started in last couple of days has now turned to bleeding so i dont really know what the heck is going on!?! I may pop to the docs this week to put my mind at rest. Not sure what i expect them to do or say but its def very unusual for me.
Hope everyone is ok x

Hello all

So Matila - is the CBFM easy enough to use? How many sticks have you had to use so far? Need to read the instructions again! Do you switch it on each day to see whether it needs you to test? Has it given you a level yet?

Pixie - how did you get on with the romany reading???

I have no real idea which CD I am on since all that bleeding but if I pretend that was day 1 then I guess I'm at about CD17. We BD'd this weekend anyway as I have had a fair amount of EWCM since friday. I have been doing school work for hours this weekend, which is unusual - am totally exhausted but need to keep strong and healthy so we can keep ttc!!!

Went to see my boss at work on Friday. Now that we have 2 pregnant people, others are having to take on extra work so that they don't get too stressed! I told her about ttc and the m/c - not sure why I should endure other people's stress on top of my own! She was really good about it and says I must tell her the instant I get a bfp so she can be aware.

I'm guessing some of you have been celebrating Thanksgiving?! One of our neighbours put up christmas lights on their house - I guess the countdown starts here! Wouldn't it be exciting if we get bfp's over the xmas/new year - a good way to start 2011!!!

Well, I just started using it a few days ago. It says on the first cycle, it's going to start asking for sticks on CD6, which is two days from now. I'm glad it'll start testing soon, since I have nooooo idea where I am in my cycle. I think you have to switch it on every morning, at least that's what I've been doing. It'll be more interesting the second cycle through, but hopefully I won't be using it twice!!!

EWCM is a GOOD sign!!! Keep BDing, girl!

Good for you for talking to you boss...I know how hard that can be. My boss at school actually struggled with IF for many years before she had her baby, so she really understands and is supportive. If anything, I feel bad because I know we haven't struggled nearly as much as her family did. But she IS extra sensitive with me, especially now that we have 2 pregnant people at work, too!

We did have a LOVELY Thanksgiving, and I was thankful I got to have a glass of wine with dinner, I guess! Let's hope for XMas bfps!!

Pixie---did you stop spotting?? Could you have missed your OV and maybe it's IB??

Hello! I started testing cd10 so i think very unlikely to have missed it. The spotting turned to bleeding on sat eve and is still going! (enough to have to wear a pad). Also having slight menstrual cramps so im not sure. Today is cd19. Im going to pop up and see my doc today just to see what she thinks but im suspecting just a messed up cycle this month. Def ruling out pregnancy this year now!!!
Ive not made it to see the romany gypsy yet but im determined to make it to see him by the end of the week! Maybe he can tell me whats going on lol!!!
will keep you updated x

Any word from the doctor, Pixie? I know all about mid-cycle bleeding...I started bleeding 1dpo, which was super annoying. I'm waiting on blood work results from the doctor myself!

morning!
yes i went to see her yesterday. Although lovely about it she def wasn't particularly concerned at all. She said to treat it as a messed up cycle and hopefully will go back to normal next month. She said i could still have original period in a weeks time or it could be the start of a new 4 week cycle, have to wait and see. She said that if it happens again next cycle then come back in the new year and she will look further in to it. She said if i did not ovulate this month then that would be enough to upset the system and be a possible cause of bleeding too. The positive thing tho was that if not pregnant within 6 months she will do some tests..... hopefully i wont need them!
So we are now on a ttc break while my cycle sorts itself, i have no idea what cd i am on now!! good luck to everyone else and will still be popping in to see how you all doing x

Is there anyone out there who's around the same cycle as me and would like to buddy up? I would love someone to talk to more...I have two friends who recently announced they are pregnant (literally, at dinner with me on back to back nights, ouch) and they both said they just got off birth control and were pregnant right away. I'm happy for them, but it's hard!

I'm in my sixth month of TTC.

Hope to hear from you!

hi this is my 10th month ttc everyone around me is pregnant right now so i know how u feel its hard im hopeing we get are bfp for christmas that would be lovely xxx:thumbup:

Hi everyone
Any news?

I've been watching my CM for the past few days (hard not to as there's been gallons of it - sorry, tmi!!!) and by my reckoning I could now be 2dpo. The BDing didn't go quite to plan as I did school work for hours and hours over the weekend and was completely shattered! I guess there'll always be that one time it works but the chances are slim! Trying very hard not to start obsessing about possibly being in the tww!

Ooooooh, so exciting you might be in the tww! I'm going to have to live vicariously through you as I'm stuck somewhere around cd8 and af is still going strong. I have had major headaches the past few days and caved and took migraine meds today, which I was trying to avoid. It's so much caffiene! Oh well, I hope it doesn't matter too much at this point of my cycle.

So I had some very sad news this week...one of my good friends who was expecting lost her baby at 20 weeks. It is horrible what her and her husband are going through and really put things in perspective for me. It's good reminder to count our blessings and for me, a reminder to work harder to get past the jealousy and be happy for my friends who are expecting, as id hope they would be for me. My heart is breaking for her!

Oh no, that is really awful. What a dreadful thing - to get that far and then go through that. You are so right, it does put things in perspective and makes me feel bad about being so jealous. We all talk about how awful it is being in the tww and then you hear of the difficult wait until the 12 week scan but I guess you can bever really stop worrying until the baby is there with you. Pregnancy is actually an incredibly stressful time!

I met with a friend last week who has been ttc for nearly 2 years. Her and her DH have had 2 failed IVF cycles and she is now trying anything. She has started acupuncture after a friend of hers got pregnant after 8 years of ttc/IVF! I felt so selfish when I thought of how self-pitying I've been after just 3 or 4 months.

Anyhow - I wouldn't be surprised if I'm out this cycle - lots of AF type cramps, maybe ovulation which means I was 5 days off with my calculations. My sensible head is telling my obsessive head to chill out and stop trying to invent symptoms!

Hope the headache clears up soon - AF still with you? What a nuisance. How are the readings on the cbfm going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->