TTC 1st- Anyone else in the same boat?

88stone

Reaction score
I have been with my OH for almost three years. We have a house and a fur baby who is great with children (not too sure about children running at him but I dont blame him).
I have been off BC since Dec. but didnt get a period until Jan. I heard that could happen when taking the BC pill for so long. I have been on the pill for at least 10 years (due to acne).
We have decided to try but Im not putting pressure on my OH since he wants children but is nervous about it (I think its due to his childhood and know he will be there for our kids and be a great dad)

I havent started temping or anything just trying to eat healthy and be active as I can. Im feeling super bloated and a little grumpy and hoping it will pass. Im taking New Chapters Prenatal twice a day (it says to take it three times but I the foliac level is perfect with two a day for now). Its an all natural prenatal. Im hoping to buy my next bottle online due to the price!
Was hoping to meet some people in the same boat since we havent told anyone or any family members :)

Im the same as you, still TTC #1 but I have been trying for 1.5 years

I was hoping to meet new people to talk about stuff :) I don't want to overwhelm my OH :)
Were you on the pill beebee?

I was for like the first 3-4 years of the 11 years I took BC, then I did thing like NuvaRing and the patch and Depo for the next 3 years, then the last 5 I had implanon which is the arm implant.

I did ovulate only 2 weeks after getting the implant removed but it took about 3 cycles for it to leave my system fully because thats when my PCOS developed. O:

Anyway! Feel free to ask me anything you need to know! Ive certainly git the experience now! ;) and ive had just about everything happen to me possible at this point! Lol!

I am trying to keep busy so far and trying not to think about it.. Its hard waiting and wondering. I'm thinking I might try temping next month if AF shows up.. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.
You taking prenatal s?

I do! I was really bad at taking them for a while there. But they were prescribed to me during my ectopic pregnancy (this was before we knew it was ectopic of course. They had me stop once we knew) so I am taking those along with something like 10mg of Folic acid on top. :)

I think temping is a great idea. I stand behind it fully and try to convert as many people as I can to try it out XD It has helped me the most in this TTC journey. I would never of figured out I wasn't ovulating and that I had PCOS if I hadnt of been temping.

Can I just go and buy any type of thermometer from the store? I think if AF comes this month I will try temping. How does it work? I guess I could always look it up..

I got mine off of Amazon. Youll need a BBT one specifically because they are more sensitive.

I can help! :)

Basically, first you need to pick a time to temp every day. It should be relatively early in the morning. And you'll need to temp at that time every single day. For me, it's 6:30 am and then i just go back to sleep. When you take your temp, you need to stay lying down, you cant get up or drink water or anything because it affects your temp. Also, you can take your temp orally or vaginally, doesnt matter which you choose. Just whichever one you do, you need to stick with it your whole cycle.

Then, I use fertilityfriend to mark down my temps. I have tried a bunch of charting apps and that's the best one in my opinion. :)

That should help you get started! Deciphering your chart is another thing completely but a bunch of us here can help with that.

Oh OK. I'll look up that thermometer and see how long it will take to ship. Anything else I should be doing? :) thanks again for being so helpful

Maybe use OPKs as well? I cant use them because of my PCOS so i just rely on temps. But in general, they are very helpful for planning BD around ovulation :)

Hello ladies, I am ttc#1 as well! I'm 25, OH is 33 and this is our 2nd cycle. Beebee, you sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to temping. I havent started temping yet, wanted to have a more relaxed approach to the first couple cycles. However, thinking of changing my mind after a bfn last time.

88stone, my OH is also very nervous about being a dad due to an absent father in his life. Totally relate to trying to find ladies on here to talk to so as not to overwhelm him.

Take care ladies xx

Beebee what's an OPK? Is it the ovulation kits?
Lizzie its sadly comforting to know someone else is going through the same thing. My OH didn't have his father around much (does know which is great) and his mom withheld a lot due to being a single mother. They grew up very poor and her bfs were abusive. I know he will be a great father and know if something happened to us he would still be there for our child.
I forgot to mention I'm 26 and my oh is 29 :)

Youre the first lady on here who i've found in the same boat. Gotta be really careful about how much I talk about ttc because if OH thinks about whether he's going to be a good dad, he gets quite worried and upset. its a sensitive topic for my OH, but his Dad walked out on him and his twin when they were 3. He came back and forth a couple times as he grew up but eventually just stopped. I know, however, in my heart that he will be an absolutely fantastic father and I am working a little bit each day to show him that as well :D xx

Yeah! I told my OH that I wanted kids right when we got together (Im very open and wanted to make sure he was in the same boat as I am) and we finally talked about it December/January! He said if I wanted to try now then hes ready too. I know we wont get married for a long time due to his mother constantly getting married to her deadbeats of bfs. I think thats scared him a bit too.
I am not temping either and want to make it as stress free for my OH as possible. So I wont bring it up. But he wanted me to take natural Prenatals and we went to the health store and picked some out. Hes also concerned about what Im drinking and eating which is cute :)

Aww that is sweet! Its also good that you were open with your intentions from the get go. I see so many couples fall apart because they werent on the same page from the start. for me, I actually told OH that I didnt want children mainly due to my own self confidence. We chatted about it a lot after a while and both realised that together we wanted children. I have never felt like I could be a good mum until I met OH, and now he's beginning to see how good parents we could be together. Sounds a bit cheesy but its the truth :haha:

xx

Not cheesy at all! I understand how hard it is to see since many parents dont stay together :( Lots of people quit or are just having children to try to save what they had. I think that also scares my OH. But Im the type of person who doesnt walk away from the problem Id rather solve it. I have always been honest with my OH. and I think its super cool that you guys were able to talk and decide!
We bought a house last September and are going to be working on the two spare rooms (my brother is staying with us for a bit). Im trying to think about what color I want the smaller room to be (right now its a gross highlighter yellow). Since that would be the babies room Im thinking a dark grey then accents once we have a child :)

Yes, OPKs are Ovulation Predictor Kits. Just like a Home pregnancy test but for ovulation :)

Honestly, my hubby didnt want much to do with it at first as well. Not that he didnt want children, he very much did and still does, but I think he felt the pressure of it and it would get to his head.

He also felt I was being baby crazy by temping and so on and letting him know when we needed to BD. But then I found out I had PCOS so he realized it was necessary. Also, he's been diagnosed with low testosterone so his sex drive is very low and he would be happy to BD once a week. But I finally talked to him about it and made him realize that if we wanted a child BDing once a week wouldnt cut it :p

88stone that sounds lovely for a childs room, much better than hughlighter yellow :haha: we're in a one bed flat at the minute but its very spacious so will be fine for the first year or so. We're looking for a house to.buy but havent seen any that tick all our boxes yet.

Beebee I've heard that pcos can be a nightmare. sorry about your ectopic pregnancy as well, that must have been hard. how have you been coping with your diagnosis?? xx

I was a little worried that my OH was nervous but now I feel much better knowing I'm not alone. I think I'll start temping next month. I'll order a thermometer online then try to track :) I'm worried I won't do it right.. Does it have to be at the same time everyday?

We were lucky with ours. Its a fixed super but everything we need. Plus we live near parks and schools plus a great neighborhood :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->