TTC 1st- Anyone else in the same boat?

I've been fine for the most part :) I think theres a misconception about PCOS out there. Yes, its REALLY bad for some people but in general, if it is being maintained by a doc then it's usually not too huge of a deal. A lot of women think of it as a death sentence when they first get diagnosed but then realize that it's manageable.

For me, I am on metformin to help with my PCOS and honestly, thats the worst part of it for me. It makes me nauseous and have to run to the bathroom every hour for a #2 when I first start taking it. But, after a few weeks or month of being on it I feel much better. (I have had to go on and off of it a few times with my ectopic and such. And each time I have to retrain my body to be on it) It works and I ovulate on my own again. But my ovulation is still at random times of the month which is why I am on ovulation meds now.

So, really, PCOS just makes it a little harder to conceive but it's not a terrible, horrible thing. I think endo is probably harder since there's lots of pain involved. I have some more pain than normal during ovulation but it's nothing unbearable. Unexplained infertility is also probably worse as there is no real reason you can't conceive so there is no fix for it. Atleast with PCOS, there are ways to work around it and I know plenty of ladies who have PCOS and have also gotten their BFPs

I was a little worried that my OH was nervous but now I feel much better knowing I'm not alone. I think I'll start temping next month. I'll order a thermometer online then try to track :) I'm worried I won't do it right.. Does it have to be at the same time everyday?

Yes, it does! Thats the only way its accurate. Personally, i do it at 6:30 am and then I got back to sleep.

Also, when you take the temp, you need to no get up or drink water or anything beforehand. So, youll need to have the thermometer on your nightstand or something.

Hi 88stone, I'm also TTC my first. :D I'm on cycle #7 and I've been temping for five months, so it looks like you've got lots of support here if you have questions. I also highly recommend it, as I was very worried about whether or not I was actually ovulating until I started temping/charting. Plus, it helps me not to fret over possible symptoms during the two week wait, since I can look at my past charts to see if I marked something down around the same cycle days. ;)

Our home is in a converted old townhouse, its beautiful and has a large private walled garden. Its also near good schools so its a pity it isnt 2 or 3 bedrooms because we wouldnt move if we had the room.

Iwas considering temping starting next cycle as well but I'm about to be on nightshift for the entire month so I think it's pretty pointless :haha: maybe in April I will start if I havent had my bfp.

xx

Yeah youre right, nightshift is rubbish for charting. But still, might be good just to do it to get int he swing of things :)

I'm TTC, I've only been trying for 2 months and I don't know my body very we'll so I don't know if the SORE boobs and bloating are normal (meant to get AF yesterday or today, nothing yet) I don't want to get my hopes up but I feel weird!

I'm TTC, I've only been trying for 2 months and I don't know my body very we'll so I don't know if the SORE boobs and bloating are normal (meant to get AF yesterday or today, nothing yet) I don't want to get my hopes up but I feel weird!

TEST TEST TEST! :D *peer pressure*

Hello everyone. My husband and I have been married for over a year and a half now and have been together for over 6 years. We bought our first house (with 3 bedrooms, walking distance to schools and about 10-15 minute drive from our parents) almost a year ago now and have a 9 month old puppy. I am 26 and my husband is 25. We started trying for our first baby in October (I've never been on birth control before, so we just pulled the goalie) and are on cycle # 5 now. I haven't started temping yet, but might start next cycle. I have been using OPKs and have pretty regular cycles. I am having a hard time being patient and sometimes worry about infertility. I know we haven't been trying very long at all, but when everyone around us is getting pregnant and having babies I become a little envious. Each month I try to do one thing different that I've researched about (ie change up the frequency of BDing), to see if that will give me my BFP... this month I am drinking tons of grapefruit juice. I am currently on CD 12. Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. I'm fairly new to the boards and haven't posted too much. I hope we all get out BFPs very soon.

It sounds like everyone thought about the future when picking what house to live in :) we even talked about turning my suite into a daycare one day since I could easily get liscenced :)
What's with the grapefruit juice? I'm hearing that a lot and wishing I liked grapefruit lol

Sadly I think we all think about infertility ... I'm hoping my body is just trying to get into the swing of not being on BC... They made it sound so easy to get pregnant in health class lol

Sadly I think we all think about infertility ... I'm hoping my body is just trying to get into the swing of not being on BC... They made it sound so easy to get pregnant in health class lol

Ommggggg! Its so true! Now that I know what I know about TTC, I'm like pissed off at the sex ed system here in the US.

They make it seem like you'll possibly get pregnant every single time you have sex and its just not true. They also dont tell you that you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant, even under the most perfect conditions. I am definitely going to teach my daughter about natural family planning at some point so she isnt as unequipped as I was @___@

For a while I was scared if I even missed one pill by mistake!!! I would stress until my period. I had no idea that the actual chances were 20% Bree!
I wish they took better approaches to teaching kids abdxteens. My sex end classes were a joke. I'm learning so much from this site!

Yeah its only 20%, its crazy. And of those 20% of successes 70% end in miscarriage and 1-3% are ectopic. When you learn all it takes to get pregnant and stay pregnant, it truly is a miracle that anyone ever gets pregnant lol

It is amazing. I find the odds are low at 20% is that an average or actually numbers for females?
I've been having super crappy sleeps lately.. I'm getting frustrated about it due to not wanting to take anything. I'm trying a natural lavender oil but its not that effective :( doesn't help I've been super grumpy lately :(

It is amazing. I find the odds are low at 20% is that an average or actually numbers for females?
I've been having super crappy sleeps lately.. I'm getting frustrated about it due to not wanting to take anything. I'm trying a natural lavender oil but its not that effective :( doesn't help I've been super grumpy lately :(

Thats the actual odds of getting pregnant each month. When you start Fertility Friend, theres a part thatll give you your odds of pregnancy based on BD timing and its on a scale of 0-20%

I agree ladies, sex ed was pretty useless here too! I've only had one cycle and one bfn and already worrying about the possibility of infertility :doh: think it's a pretty common worry for both us women and the men in our lives too!

xx

Hi Can I join? I read this while thread and I think you ladies are lovely. I only took BC for less than a year. It made me breakout in hives. That is when I learned about natural family planing. Its important to have a partner you can trust while doing it though (ie the pull out method). My DH is not one of those selfish guys who dtd for a few mins and then "have no control" over what happens during. But I think its because BD puts him in a little pain from an injury. Actually I don't really know what is normal now that I think about it :haha: I only know from movies and we all know hoe NOT realistic they are. Well anyway, GL ladies! I love to see :bfp:s!

Of course you can join tankel!
I really think the odds should really be taught. Anyway in Canada I didn't get a good sex end and my mom threw a book at me when I was young about sex... It was confusing.
I'm hoping my period is regular this cycle since I only had my first last month.. One more week I think until I know... A positive test would be even better...

My OH is just worried about twins since his dad and aunt was one lol I'm secretly hoping for twins! :)

My OH is a twin too! How funny! However if I remember right twins are passed down through the maternal line so you would only have an increased chance of twins if there are twins in your family down your mother's or grandmothers side. They can still happen spontaneously but unfortunately that is much less likely :-(

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->