TTC #2 and looking for a buddy!

I hope you are right eenie!!
I have a friend who had a baby 3 months after me. She tried for 9 months and was super stressed about it all. Finally she gave up thinking it would never happen. She had a few beer and the next month she was preggo!! Stress definietly doesn't help. It's hard not to let it consume you though!

Anyone else finding today insanely long??????????????

I wish it was July 15th, my family and I are going on vacation to Disney World for 5 days! Time to relax and hopefully get a BFP. :o)

sounds fab. fx for that BFP. im meeting up with some girls from here that day. so good day to look forward to.

Yeah it will be a good day. My DS is so excited to go, we have started a count down on his calendar. He asks everyday, are we going yet. It is cute how excited he is!

Ahhhh I'm so jealous ennie! That sounds like a blast. My OH is gone back to work for 2 weeks (on the other side of the country) which means I will be doing very little vacationwise until his return. Going to be a long 2 weeks :s

Just curious, what is everyones occupations? I'm an Elementary/Special Ed Teacher!

Oh I am sorry topaz. Well I work for Ford Motor Credit Company.

Ennie, you live in the U.S. right? How does maternity leave work there?

Yes I do, well in Florida where I live for a vaginal delivery you get 6 weeks paid leave. For a c-section you get 8 weeks paid leave, and your job is guaranteed when you get back. How is by you?

Here in Canada you get a full years maternity/paternity leave. It can start up to 8 weeks before you're due and continues for 52 weeks. It's not your full pay, as it is paid for by the government not your employer. It's pretty much the same as unemployment benifits here. you have to have 600 hours of work to qualify as well. It's about $800 every two weeks.

Oh and your job is gauranteed when you come back. Unless it goes redundant or something.

Well, that settles it I am moving to Canada. LOL. Yeah I wish we got that here in the USA. Our health insurance is horrible. Does the insurance in Canada cover infertility? We pay a lot out of our paychecks for insurance, then we pay a lot more until we meet our deductibles.

How about you topaz, how is it done in the UK?

Well, that settles it I am moving to Canada. LOL. Yeah I wish we got that here in the USA. Our health insurance is horrible. Does the insurance in Canada cover infertility? We pay a lot out of our paychecks for insurance, then we pay a lot more until we meet our deductibles.

How about you topaz, how is it done in the UK?

Hahaha come on up we have plenty of room!! I don't think our government healthcare covers infertility treatments but I'm not 100% sure because I've been lucky enough so far not to have to inquire. I know that my private health insurance covers up to a certain amount I think.
Our government healthcare covers thing like, hopital stays, surgery, cancer treatments, pregnancy and delivery, general check ups, etc. It doesn't cover drugs (unless given them in the hospital. Drugs are covered by your private health insurance, if you have it.
Children's vaccinations are also covered here as well.

Well ladies I have a funny feeling I may be out this month. Egg white mucus has decided to make an appearance which makes me question my O day. Fertilityfriend says 13 dpo because of my temps but I`m thinking it may be wrong. My temps haven`t gone as high as usual, maybe it`s because I haevn`t o`d yet. Going to wait and see what my temp is in the morning to get a better idea. I`ve have a slight pain in my left side for an hoour or so now too which I`m think could be ovulation . It`ll be a no go for me if that`s the case because OH flew out this morning :(

Oh I am sorry, well don't worry I don't think I am either. My cervix is low and hard, which is normally how they say it should be a couple of days after O if you are not PG. Well if not this month, we can just count again next month. It is bound to happen.

well its not my month either BFN this morning. temp is dropping witch will be here at the weekend. nevermind knew it wasnt my month.

ok to catch up on the questions while i was sleeping.
im a nurse

over here everyone gets govermemnt maternity pay for 39 weeks which is £124/week but then you can get employers mat pay

so i get 8 weeks full pay, 18 half pay plus gov pay, then 13 weeks gov pay only. just started on that and boy things are tight.

dont know if you have seen any of my other posts but im a single mummy using a donor to concieve, so just my wage coming in.

i loved having buddies when trying ttc callum, i was part of team naughties, its great to keep everyones spirits up so we should def keep going each month til we are all over in the preg section then we can relocate.

I agree topaz. It is sooo much easier to go through all of this with others who are feeling the smae way and doing the same things. My temp is still about the same so I have no idea what's going on with me. I was reading some older posts in ttc where people have said that it is possible to have fertile cervical mucus after ovulation so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Still don't think it's my month though.
I know what you mean about things being tight. I am fortunate enough to have two wages coming in, but my pay cut was pretty significant when starting mat leave. I can't remember the last time there was money in my bank account!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->