TTC#2, be my buddy? :)

Lady_Bee

Two little ones
Reaction score
I'm 27 with a gorgeous cheeky little 9-month-old boy and all I can think about is TTC a little sibling for him! DH and I are only on our second cycle of trying so it's early days yet... Just at the beginning of a new cycle now and hoping it is a little more normal than the previous one so that we actually stand a chance!

I'd love a buddy to chat/hope/rant/commiserate with if anyone wants to join me? :flower:

Hi LadyBee! I am 26 and currently TTC #3. My daughter (7) and my son (5) are from my first marriage, so this will be baby #1 for my hubby. We first started TTC Jan 2011. We tried for a year, but put it on the back burner when DH purposed. We got married in Aug 2012. We have been TTC now since June. I've never "hardcore" TTC. The NTNP method has always worked well, but DH and I were having no luck. So now I'm charting my cycle, BBT, CM, and just ordered my first OPK. I could really use a friend too!:hugs:

Hi! :D Ahh awesome, I hope you have some luck with the charting etc. :]

We've not been hardcore TTC either, though talking about it for a long time and I suppose NTNP for a couple of cycles. Well. NTNP as in my husband lost the condoms, and we figured oh what the hell, if we get a baby we get a baby so yay for us. ;) No luck yet though. I've never really seriously done the charting thing, but I think I will have to try OPKs if we don't get preggers by March next year. I reeeeally hope it doesn't take too long. Baby boy was a wonderful oopsie a couple of months after we got married, so we have never been through the heartache of TTC before.

I'm taking a vitamin B complex at the moment to try to sort out my pesky luteal phase which keeps jumping around. I want it to stay consistently over 10 days grrrr. Oh well bring on the strange flourescent pee... it may not be necessary at all, but I needed to feel like I was doing something!

I usually try to track my cycle by noting CM and mittelschmerz, but that's probably not the most accurate especially as I'm not quite sure if my mittelschmerz occurs before, during, or after ovulation! My guess is just before, but who knows really... my grand plan is to just try BDing lots after I start to get fertile CM haha.

Anyway I'm on CD8. Ovulation seems ages away! Come on!

Hi ladies! Im 24 trying to conceive our 3rd. I have 2 dd's 3 and 1. We really want to try for a boy(but will be happy with whatever). It is different this time then the last 2, we also were using the ntnp method. Now for about the last 5 months we have been actually trying and using the ovulation calculators online. This month is the first time I am going to try using opks. Im on cd8 so i have a few days till i can use them. We plan on bd twice a day for that week. I cant believe im saying this but i cant wait till I'm in the tww! I'm just really positive that I'll get my BFP for christmas!!

LadyBee, thanks for sending the luck! I'm still waiting for my first OPK to arrive! My husband keeps makeing fun of me bc everytime the mailman gets here I almost jump him! lol! Good luck on sorting out your luteral phase and the flourescent pee! BTW I had to look up Mittelschmerz! lol It says that it occurs at or around the time of an egg is released from the ovaries. If you're part of the lucky percent of woman that feel it, I would BD my butt off the second I felt it! lol I'm on CD22, but I have a long, irratic cycle and I ovulate late (this month at CD19).

DealQueen, Hi! We've been trying (this time) for 5 months too! I the waiting game in TTC. Waiting for AF to leave, waiting for ovulation, 2ww, and waiting to start it again! UGH! The only fun part is the BDing! lol! I am currently in the 2ww and I hate it. I wish I was more positive about this month, but there's a low chance I'm preggo. We BDed on CD16 (just for the fun of it) and I broke my hubby's penis! lol IK right? (Ok it's not really broken. We just damaged a gald, but it means no BDing for about 2 weeks) Then I O on CD19! UGH!!!

Good luck and Baby :dust: to both of you!

Let's keep up with eachother and cheer one another on!!!

Jamie I read your post about the whole broken penis. Poor man and how embaressing was that going to the dr's? My first opk's arrived yesterday and poas just to see what it said even though i dont o for a week. It was very nice to finally get a faint line on something. lol I get the mittleschwiten so im excited to use the opks and see if its before during or after that i get there pains. I'm hoping that you still have a chance to be preggers, you never know! My dp thinks I'm crazy too I'm always poking my boobs and asking him to compare them to what i think is normal. Thank goodness for ic's or else he would probably make me only get one test a month.

Hello dealqueen :) Love your confidence, I hope you do get that christmas bfp. I'd be interested to know what you discover re: mittelschmerz and ovulation timing with your opks! I should probably do a similar experiment as I've always been kind of intrigued by it ever since I started getting mid-cycle cramps!

We're sort of half hoping for a girl this time around, but another boy would be amazing too so we aren't doing the whole swaying gender thing.

Jamie Oh my god your poor hubby! What a freakish thing to happen?! I've never heard of it before! I'm sorry that kind of ruined your chances this cycle though, what a bummer. Hope the tww flies by (lol I know it never does :( Wish there was a way to tell if you're pregnant instantly!). Maybe some of those swimmers on cd16 had the stamina to make it your eggy!

I ovulate late too, usually cd20 ish. I think. Grr.

I've been sick all week, ugh BD is so far from my mind! All I want is sleep... zzzz.

He didn't break it break it... we just damaged a glad, but I guess if you don't let it rest then it can cause huge problems. He actually did okay getting it checked on. He was kinda embarrassed to show me, but I was like, seriously? After everything you've seen and heard during TTC, you're embarassed? We both laugh about it now. That's my favorite thing about my husband. His humor and the ability to laugh at life makes things easier

DealQueen, getting a postive something was what all the ladies were talking about. I'd love to see anything that doesn't say negative! lol Mine still haven't arrived yet! Urg!!! I think I'm scaring our mailman off! I used to get Mittleschwiten too, but since the possible PCOS, I feel preasure, pain, ect. all the time. I agree with LadyBee, your confidence is awesome! It's great to hear an upbeat TTCer!!! I hope you get you BFP this month!

LadyBee, my DH and I are hoping for PINK too! We'd be happy with either too, but DH has alays wanted a little girl. I'm really hoping the swimmers from CD16 were just awesome strong and durable and still there when I Oed!!! Ovulating late sucks. Everything I've read my whole life said I should O between 9 and 14. I had no idea that I was different (and irratic) until I started tracking everything. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick sucks! Get some rest and take care of yourself!

How are you ladies doing? I am at cd11 and getting anxious about ovulation day this week. It cant get here fast enough!! I'm thinking I should o on either thrusday or friday. Lots of bding going down this week!

Doing pretty well. I'm on CD 25 and 6 DPO. I hate the 2ww... it drives me crazy:hissy:!!!

I don't feel any different. If this is the cycle it's still kinda early for implantation, so any little "twing" or anything gets me going! lol

DealQueen, goodluck on th BDing! And as always...
:dust:

Hi girls! I'm doing ok, finally recovered from the plague although I now sound like something died in my throat everytime I try to talk haha. CD13 today! Another week until O time... ahhh...

Taking my mind off it with some Christmas shopping, decorating and baking!

Lots of positive thoughts to both of you!
And you can't ever have too much :dust: right??

Thanks girls for the baby dust. Same to you! Jamie I agree with you, to early yet to be getting any symptoms. We had the yucky bug over thanksgiving, it went through every member of the family besides the 1 year old who doesn't even have the 2nd part of her flu shot. I don't know how that works. I had a apt with the gyno for my pap and to ask a few questions but then i read the instructions for the apt and it said no sex for 48 hours before, had to cancel cause thats right in the middle of my bding time. lol

LadyBee, glad your feeling better. Good job keeping yourself busy. I hate how much waiting is involved in TTC. Wait to ovulate, wait to test, and then wait to start over again!

DealQueen, weird on everyone getting sick but the baby (but that's kinda a positive tho). I think it's funny the stuff we have to cancel or reschedule during TTC. I remember when my former in-laws kept my kiddos over night once. I went out with a girlfriend and she offered to let me stay at her house (DH was outta town). I told her only if I could stop at my house to pick some stuff up. She said not to worry about it bc she has clothes I can borrow and a spare toothbrush. I wasn't thinking about my toothbrush! I was thinking about my BBT themometer!!! lol :haha:

Well, I'm 12 days from tesing. I refuse to test early. I hate seeing the BFN and wasting a perfectly good PT. I won't do it till I'm late, so I'm just trying to keep myself busy till then. I'm thinkig if this cycle isn't it, I'm gonna give soy isoflavones a try. Don't know yet, but it migh be worth the try. Alright, well take care ladies and
:dust: to you both!!!

Haha re: cancelling stuff, TTC is Serious Business!! Got to get our priorities straight! ;) LOL Jamie Sue that's funny about the thermometer. Bet that's the last thing she would've thought of.

So dealqueen are you in the TWW now?

I hate testing early too... but at the same time, I do it because I am TERRIBLE at being patient haha. I get the really cheap tests that are like $1 each so I guess it's not so bad. I have one in the house right now and will be trying to keep it in the box until Christmas Eve. ;) Yeah right let's see how THAT goes...

What are soy isoflavones for? I read that a lot on these forums but never knew what they were.

Day 14. Yawn. No sign of fertile cm yet.

Halfway through Christmas paper chain. Bored. Hot chocolate is calling to me. Mmmm yes.

I'm almost in the tww. The opk was almost as dark so I'm thinking tomorrow but probably thurday. So this is a busy week for me and DP! I Have 9 tests at home right now so I will probably wait till I am 7 DPO to test. Glad its the christmas season and we have so many plans so hopefully the tww will go fast.

Soy iso is a plant-based source of estrogen used to induce ovulation. It's like a natural version of clomid. Helps garentee that I'm ovulating and raises the chance I'm kicking out a good egg!

Y'all are soooo close to ovulation! At least you'll have the holidays to keep ya busy! I've been staying busy with pre-holiday stuff and my DD's b-day is coming up!

I'm currently CD27 & 8DPO. I'm not letting myself test until the 15th bc then I'll be 4-5 days late. So if AF shows up, I'll know then. To keep myself from testing, I run and pee as fast as I can so I won't POAS! lol

I'm hoping to have a little more to take up my time too. I got this job I applied for! Its working as in-home support to individuals with developmental disabilities. I'm sooooo stoked! :happydance:

Well, good luck ladies! And hopefully I'm hearing about some ovulation soon!!!
:dust:

I got a positive opk today!!!! So excited. So I should be O'ing tomorrow i think. Any new symptoms jamie?

Yay DealQueen! :happydance: O time!!!I got my fingers crossed for the perfect little egg! Get to BDing!!!

No symptoms on this end. My nips hurt, but they always do when AF is on her way or if I'm knockup. So we'll see! I'm trying to keep myself busy and not worry about it too much. I don't wanna make myself late bc I'm stressing, and I really don't wanna test too early. 10 day testing countdown! lol AF is due on the 11th, so I hope she doesn't get me!

Good luck & baby dust, DQ!

Woohooo GL dealqueen! Let the sperm race begin. :D

Jamie don't worry about delaying your AF by stressing - O can be delayed but you already O'd and I'm pretty sure the luteal phase is unaffected by factors like stress. Soooo hoping AF doesnt show for you this month and there's a little bean about to make him/herself at home in there!

Hi Ladies! Feeling very excited about this tww. Do you think if i got a + at 8 am and a - at 4 and cramps last night would i count today as O day or yesterday? We just got back from the childrens museum, it was such a fun time! Looking forward to the weekend and next week, hoping all the activities will keep me preoccupied. Will try not to test till next saturday, would be about 8/9 dpo.:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->