TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

It really has been a crappy week. Just as DH returned to work as well. Thanks for that, god!

Oh god. Your shopping trip was hellish :( What a little tinker Olivia was! And I thought girls were meant to like clothes shopping!! The reason Rex plays up is he gets bored. I made a list on my phone of exactly what I needed & even planned the shops I needed, my route around & where to park :haha: I was in & out in 45 minutes! I had Rex on the buggy board for quick moves between shops but the issue was, as soon as I was stationary, looking at something or paying for something, he'd jump off & leg it :dohh: He just wants to charge around all the bloomin time :dohh: He picked up so many things but the only really naughty thing he did was in Boots where he knocked over a whole shelf of Soap & Glory tubes :( So I survived! Got to wrap everything but I'll do that once they're in bed tonight.

That's the same with Olivia, straight off the buggy board first chance she gets :dohh: I'm glad your shopping trip went a bit better than mine!

Oh sorry your DH has been bad as well, what a week you've had. I hope you didn't catch it too :(

What a lovely chilled out day I've had today, just me and Wes because Olivia was at nursery. We had a little walk to town and later on we got out with the dog. Wesley had a huge sleep from 12:00 till 2:30. I had my lunch outside in the sunshine while he slept, got the bathroom cleaned and some laindry done and even managed to bake some cookies while Wesley played in his bouncer. Oh how I miss just having one kid sometimes!

Well DH and I were worthy of the worst parents of the year award tonight. Olivia went to bed at 7:00 tonight but just wouldn't settle. At nearly 9pm she was back downstairs watching telly and eating ice cream :dohh:

Wesley self settled again tonight. He fell asleep on me but woke up as I tried to take him upstairs thanks to the commotion Olivia was making about not wanting to go to bed. He was wide awake by the time we got to our room but I thought I would just put him in his cot while I saw to Olivia. I left him with his white nose on and when I came back 5 minutes later he was fast asleep! I'm absolutely amazed because Olivia would never have managed that at his age. I rocked her every night until 10 months and she had to be well and truly asleep before I could even attempt to put her down and even then it was touch and go whether she'd stay asleep! Just goes to show how different babies can be!

I can't wait for some time with just me & Leo this week when Rex is at school. But I'm also looking forward to some time just me & Rex when we go swimming tomorrow. One kid is definitely much easier & calmer! How is having 2 more than double the work?!

Wow to Wesley self-settling! Nowhere near that here :dohh:

:haha: You are not the worst parents!! I've often had Rex back downstairs when he wouldn't settle & he's ended up eating whatever I'm munching. :blush: I wish they'd realise his good sleep is!!

I've made the decision to start weaning Leo off the breast in a weeks time. That'll be the week he turns 5 months. It's the same time I started to slowly wean Rex off, replacing a feed a week. Although I didn't get past 2 daytime bottles before Rex twigged it was easier & refused to feed from me anymore. That was agony! I so engorged for days :( Hoping Leo will do it more slowly for me. His fussy feeds are stressing me out & he takes his nighttime bottle with zero fussing. I'm constantly worrying about his weight gain so I'd like to be done feeding by 6 months. I'm going to miss lying down & feeding him in the early morning though! Getting out of bed to get a bottle is not going to be enjoyable but the other times will be easier & DH will have to pull his finger out & do a weekend night so I'll actually get a full nights sleep for first time in 20 weeks!

Leo is loving his baby rice & tried pear these past couple of days. He wasn't keen the first time but happily ate it yesterday. Trying carrot today. He's only having 1tbsp but he's having his first tastes.

We've been bad parents again tonight lol. I completely blame DH. Olivia fell asleep in the car this afternoon and I said to DH we should wake her up when we got home or she wouldn't go to bed tonight, but DH said It'll be fine we'll bribe her to go to bed by telling her we're going on holiday tomorrow. It didn't work. She went to bed but as soon as she heard me come upstairs to pack she got up and came to see what I was doing. OMG never let a 3 year old see you packing a suitcase! "We need my book, my blanket, my rabbit, this curtain hook", she says while she throws them all in. Every time I turn around to get something she's thrown something else completely unnecessary into the suitcase. I'm trying to count t-shirts socks etc as I put them in and she grabs them all and chucks them in. Gahh! Then she was so loud she woke Wesley up in the next room. So now I'm sat up feeding Wesley, case isn't packed, a load of washing still needs to go into the dryer but I'm stuck up here. meanwhile madam is downstairs watching telly with her daddy 3 hours after her official bedtime :dohh:

That's good you've decided to wean off the breast, I wish I could make a decision and stick to it like that. I'm so indecisive when it comes to BF. I'm really starting to get fed up of it and he's taking a bottle of formula every night just fine. He even had a bottle when we were out at a family meal today so that I could wear a high necked dress. He's a lot more content when he's had a bottle too. But when he bottle feeds I start to feel sad and guilty. Tonight he didn't get his bottle because he'd had one earlier and I was worried about my supply so the chances are he'll have a bad night now because I was basically being selfish and didn't want him to have his bottle :( I have absolutely no idea when I want to stop BF, I change my mind all the time :shrug:

Aww bless Leo, he's doing really well with his food isn't he :)

Oh no! You're going to be like me tonight... I was up til midnight getting sorted for Disney & we were setting off in the early hours to make an early Eurotunnel crossing so I had about 2 hours sleep :dohh: Hope you get sorted soon & have a fab hol! :thumbup:

I've felt exactly the same about BF & weaning. Been hot & cold about what to do but my mind's made up now & I'm stubborn :haha: Leo is exactly the same, waaaay more settled after a bottle. I've also noticed that he's since having baby rice at tea time, he's stopped waking up 30 mins after going to bed. I'm convinced it's cos his belly is fuller which then makes me feel guilty that I've been starving him all this time & that's why he's so grumpy & clingy :( I'm looking forward to not stressing about his weight so much & wearing proper bras & dresses again! :haha: Once I'm done for good, I'm going to open one of the bottles of champagne we got given when Leo was born!! And I might be able to get back to the gym :)

Well I got my washing done but that's about it. Luckily we're not setting off till lunchtime so I can get the packing finished this morning. There's nothing like leaving all your packing till the last minute to put you in the holiday spirit. (Or give you an aneurism) :wacko:

Well Wesley has surprised me again, he's just slept 7 hours straight! He woke me up just now and I looked at the clock expecting it to be about 2am but it's not it's 5am! And he did that without his evening bottle :shrug: DH has slept in Olivia's room tonight as at 10:30 when he came to bed she was still wide awake and wanting to play. So I'm now wondering if Wesley slept better because DH wasn't here, he snores quite badly and for a couple of weeks now I've been wondering if DH is the reason he doesn't sleep well, and I think this could be my proof! Perhaps it's time for wesley to have his own room. Shame I can't kick DH out instead :haha:

Hope your morning isn't too stressful with the last minute packing. Safe journey!

Leo seems to sleep worse in his own room :wacko: When I was at my mum's this weekend, he slept til 4.30 every night after his bottle & I'm in the room with him (well, the little of his bottle he's drinking at the minute). Yet here, he's waking up around 3. Don't know why!!!

Totally realise I'll be talking to myself while you're on your hols, Sarah but never mind :haha: Hope you're having fun!

Today was Rex's first half day at school. I was so proud of him. He went in so confidently & wasn't at all bothered when I left. I was fine when I left him but when I picked him up & he came running to me, I welled up :cry: No idea why! Think I'd been worrying about him being on his own all afternoon. My biggest fear is him not making friends :( In true boy style, he wouldn't tell me much about his afternoon so not entirely sure what he got up to :dohh: He says he's happy to go back tomorrow so that's good!

Had Leo weighed today. It's been 5 weeks since his last weigh in & he's only put on 1lb 2oz :( He's 15lb 10oz now & has dipped to below the 50th :( Very glad I've made the decision to wean him off BF. At least I'll be able to monitor how much he's having more closely & not guessing all the time. I know the dip is probably due to him being sick last week but still, I'll feel better knowing if he's feeding ok.

Leo's pesky tooth is coming through again. I can actually feel it now, all sharp :(

Wesley and i have managed to seek away for a quick coffee while DH and Olivia are swimming. Its been a busy few days and I'm pooped, Olivia has had a whale of a time so far though :)

I found a nice quiet table in the middle of the pavilion, nobody else about and parked Wesley up to have a sleep while I have my coffee and a family with a toddler have decided to sit right beside me and they've woken Wesley up. Why would you do that?!! There's like a million other tables here! :growlmad:

sorry to hear leo is not sleeping well. If it's any consolation Wesley's sleep has been absolutely horrendous this holiday. We've resorted to Olivia sharing the double bed with DH and me sharing the single bed with Wesley. He HATES the travel cot with a passion and stays in it for maybe an hour tops before he's in with me :(

Aww bless rex enjoying his school, its an emotional time isn't it, it's that cite little uniform that does it I think! ;)

Poor leo, the poor weight gain will be down to his bug last week but I knowwhat you mean. I'm worried that Wesley isn't eating enough while we're away, I'm looking forward to getting him home and being sure he's feeding right! He's finally starting to show an interest in solid foods too I think, he keeps making a grab for my food so I think it won't be much longer and he will start getting solid food too.

Gutted that family woke Wesley up! Poor little guy, just enjoying a quiet nap :(

Leo is seriously stressing me out with his naps. He won't drift off in his swing anymore. Won't stay down in his cot. It's literally hold him, push him in the buggy (but only put walking, not pushing him back & forth indoors), or drive (occasionally he might stay asleep when you stop). Argh!!! I can't get anything done. There's so many things that need doing. Just simple things like light bulbs changing but I get zero time. The only time he's happy to be left when awake is if he's in the Jumperoo & I can't keep putting him in there. I'm not sure to a clingy baby. Rex would happily play on the floor while I pottered about. But not Leo :nope:

Going to baby massage this afternoon once I've dropped Rex off at school. No doubt Leo will scream throughout the whole session & we'll end up leaving but will give it a go.

Oh that's exactly where we are with Wesley's naps at the moment too :( he only naps if I'm holding him or if he's being pushed in the pram (also not if its just backwards and forwards in the house. I have, however found that he will eventually go to sleep if I walk the pram down the hallway into the kitchen, turn around and walk back again and repeat it thirty or so times :dohh: ) its a piggin nightmare, he's been like that for a couple of months now and these days I often find myself walking aimlessly up and down the high street and in and out of the same old shops just to get him a half decent nap. As soon as I set toe over the threshold back home he's up again. Its like he smells home or something :(

He rarely entertains himself either. He likes his play mat but as soon as I walk away he cries :dohh:

How was the baby massage? I hope it wasn't too stressful!

I'm so sorry you're going through the same with naps :( It's horrendous! Rex wouldst least nap in his swing & do a long nap on a morning in his cot. Urgh. These pesky babies! At least school run is getting Leo to nap.

These past couple of weeks, Leo's gone right off his play mat :dohh: It's the Jumperoo or floor on his tummy (but he soon gets frustrated there). I don't know what to do with him!

You know what, he amazed me at baby massage yesterday. He loved it! He was the only one who didn't stay still though. Rolling over & eating his feet :dohh: But he kept giggling at the other babies & the instructor! No idea why! It was as if he'd never been out! He was even due a feed halfway through the class but he didn't bother until the end.

It's DH's bday today so we went out for lunch with his family. Rex was a nightmare :( I even locked him in the car for a few minutes to try & make him see how badly behaved he was being but it did nothing :wacko: I think he's exhausted from his week at school but he won't sleep any later :dohh: Still up at 6 everyday :(

Oh well done Leo for being such a sweetie at baby massage :thumbup:

Wesley is just the same for getting frustrated. I think at their age they're Maybe between stages, can't sit up or move about yet but they're bored of just lying there.

Oh god poor you at your meal out! They're such a nightmare at that age aren't they, Olivia has bigger tantrums now than she did at terrible two. How was your DHs family about it? My DHs family find it really embarrassing when Olivia plays up in public, even if she's just making a bit of a mess with her food they get all worked up about it. It does my head in :dohh:

I sent off Olivia's application for school yesterday. So scary how big she's getting!

I think you could be right about the boys being at the in-between age. Rex could sit really well by 5 months old so I don't think I ever experienced this with him. Considering giving the play mat back to SIL as he's got upset everytime he's been on it this last week :wacko: He's working on sitting up so I'm hoping it won't be too long til he can sit & play.

Well, DH's family aren't fazed by Rex playing up & don't stress over it but they're also not very helpful either. Yesterday I was getting more & more annoyed with them. I was eating one handed with Leo on my knee & DH was trying to deal with Rex despite it being his day meal. Yet they just sat there & ate their meals. If we'd have been with my family, my mum or dad would have offered to have Leo so I could help deal with Rex. But :nope: They just sat there :(

I need to do Rex's application but I can't decide which schools to put in 3rd & 4th place. I'm sure he'll get in at the place he goes to nursery but you just never know.

Olivia was late with all her milestones, she didn't roll all the way over until abut 6 months and didn't sit up unaided until something like 8 months and she was massively frustrated. So this inbetweeney stage is nothing new to me :( it looks as though Wesley is going to be a little plodder too as he's only rolled onto his tummy twice, never from front to back and is absolutely nowhere near sitting up yet :haha:

That's a pain about DHs family. Its stressful enough trying to juggle 2 kids at home and eat dinner never mind being at a restaurant! They should've helped you out. My in-laws are good at helping but its just that they get all antsy and embarrassed when they make a noise or a mess. MIL usually makes a point of apologising to the waitresses about their behaviour on the way out. :dohh: I think I'm going to BLW Wesley so god help us when we go out for meals once he starts. MIL will have a fit - I can't wait! :rofl:

I've only put 2 school options on Olivia's application. There's only 5 schools in our town lol and 2 of them are yucky. I was going to put a third one on but its just that little bit too far away so I stuck with 2. We're in the catchment area of the one I want so I'm pretty confident she'll get that one.

We're going to the park this afternoon to collect conkers, pinecones and leaves; and then come back and paint them. I love this time of year, I'm such a big kid lol! It'll be Halloween next then bonfire night then Christmas! Yay! I was telling Olivia all about Santa and his elves this morning and she kept saying "wow, tell me again!" :)

Leo's rolling is driving me mad though! He seems to save it for a night then gets upset when he's on his tummy :dohh: He's sleeping really badly :( Wish he couldn't roll tbh!

BLW will definitely be messy so that will stress your ILs out!! :haha: Leo is still slowly having his first tastes. Giving him 2 cubes at lunchtime for the first time today.

You motivated me to do Rex's school application :thumbup: Picked the order & it's done. Just wait til April to hear now!

We've been picking conkers up on the way home from school :) I daren't show Rex that you can fight with them though :haha: They can just sit on the side for now!

I'm a huge Christmas fan too :) Got nearly all Rex's pressies already! Struggling for Leo though. We have everything from Rex :dohh:

Started weaning Leo off BF yesterday. Doing a feed a week. Going well so far!

That's great leo is doing so well with his weaning. :thumbup: I went to the weaning talk with our HV today and I'm really excited to start now. I think I will just go for it as soon as I spot any signs of him being ready.

Wesley has a bad tummy this week, he's had nasty green mucusy diarrhoea for 5 days now and he's really out of sorts with it :( he used to be a one poop a week kinda guy but this week he's pooping up to 6 times a day. I took him to the doctor today and she says its just a bug. I hope thats all it is ans not CMPI starting to show itself after we've introduced his daily formula feed. I tried dropping the formula feed just in case and he hasn't had a bottle in 48 hours but it's made no difference. Hopefully that means it is just a bug.

Olivia has been having some epic tantrums lately. I don't know if you saw my post in the toddler and preschool section but she's being horrible especially at bedtime. DH is up there now trying to get her to go to bed and she's currently screaming the place down shouting for me :(

Yay you got Rex's application done. April seems like such a long way away. I want to know now! lol

I have zero Christmas presents bought so far. Because the house sale is likely to complete in early December there will be very little money for Christmas presents. I'm hoping to get a cheapish bike for Olivia and Wesley will just get clothes and essentials. Might even wrap up some nappies for him :haha:

Oh poor Wesley :( That sounds awful. Bet his little botty is so sore :( I'm sure it's not the formula after you've been giving it to him for so long. Just a nasty bug. There's a lot going round near us. Our nephew has it really bad at the minute :(

Glad you're excited for weaning! Definitely just go for it as soon as he seems ready :thumbup:

No, I didn't see your post about Olivia :hugs: It's so hard to deal with, especially at bedtime when everyone is so tired. I don't know if you remember, but when Rex was a little younger than Olivia is now, when I was heavily pregnant, we were having awful trouble getting him to bed. I think it's just another phase they go through, asserting their independence. DH often ended up driving around to make Rex fall asleep during that period, just so he wasn't over tired the next day. Eventually, he just gave up. Just keep doing what you're doing :thumbup: It will stop soon :hugs:

Oh gosh, Christmas is going to be mad busy for you with moving around that time! I'm seriously considering wrapping up some of Rex's baby toys for Leo :blush: I've bought him 2 things & have 1 other idea & that's it :dohh: We have everything from Rex, it's so hard! Leo's stocking will be stuff I'd buy him anyway like a new sippy cup, toothbrush, flannel etc. That's what I did for Rex's first stocking & Leo will be the same age.

Wesley has a terrible bum rash :( touch wpod he hasn't had a poopy nappy since bath time last night so hopefully he's over the worst of it now. that would of course be typical, my kids always get better the day after I take them to the doctor (either that or they make a miraculous recovery on the way in to the doctor's office) :dohh:

Yes i remember you struggling with rex's bed times, I swear sometimes toddlers are worse at bed time than babies. Speaking of which, Wesley was up 5 times last night. I actually despair with him :nope: why won't he just sleep?! There were 6 mums at the weaning talk yesterday and of the 6 of us only me and one other lady had a baby that didn't STTN yet and Wesley was the oldest one there :(

The house sale is going pretry smoothly so far. The survey was done the other day and we're just waiting for the results to come back then the solicitors can get on and do their bit. There's no chain either. DH called the estate agent yesterday to ask when the owners would prefer to move out and they've said any time after November as they're stuck in a fixed term on their mortgage until then. So he's asked if it can be the first week in December. That will hopefully give us plenty of time to get sorted before Christmas. Luckily we're spending Christmas day at MILs house so it won't be so bad, as long as we get the living room unpacked in time we will be fine! There's no fire place in the new house so we're going to have to get another magic santana key for Olivia :)

that's actually not a bad idea wrapping up rex's old toys for leo. I have a whole load of stuff in the loft I could wrap up for Wesley. Its not like the older one will remember them and say anything. ...

edit: magic santana key? :rofl: it seems I've invited a mexican rock band over for Christmas dinner. Well as long as they unpack a box or two for me i dont mind. Stupid auto correct!

Someone please answer me im going crazy.. ive had positive opk test for 4 days in a row. I test twice a day and its positive everytime.. whats happening. Ive heard they can pick up pregnancy hormones. TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->