TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Someone please answer me im going crazy.. ive had positive opk test for 4 days in a row. I test twice a day and its positive everytime.. whats happening. Ive heard they can pick up pregnancy hormones. TIA

Hi zebrina, welcome

I've never used opk but read lots about them and yes I've heard they can detect pregnancy hormones. Are you trying to conceive? When was day one of your cycle and how long is a normal cycle for you? xx

I came on the other night & wrote a really long post then lost it :dohh: Just not had chance to get back on since.

I hope Wesley is back to full health now.

We're nowhere near STTN here, don't worry! I can't believe other babies of this age are! He's slepy really well the past 2 nights though. Done 7-4! Ww experimented with no late feed & it seems to be helping him do a long stretch. The problem is, after that, he's so hard to resettle :dohh: & only sleeps fitfully. I'll have to start going to bed earlier I think.

Glad things with the house are going smoothly. FX for an early December move for you so you're sorted for Christmas. We've got a magic key too :) We don't have a chimney breast. Just a stupid hot air heater on fake mantle piece. We did elf on the shelf for the first time. I enjoyed that! Have to start thinking of ideas for what I can do with it this year. Rex's memory is do ridiculously good that I can't get away eiyh repeating things :dohh:

Rex has been sleeping pretty well this past week or so. Think school is tiring him out :thumbup: He's been in bed for 7 on a night & sleeping til 6 :D Sure it won't last!

Oh its the absolute worst when you lose your post ! :sad2:

Wesley is still bad, he's had his diarrhoea for 9 days now :( although he did seem a bit better today, he's only had 3 dirty nappies all day and they're becoming a little bit less green. I should hopefully have the results from the sample I put in at the doctors tomorrow. The weird thing is that apart from the runny bum he's completely fine and happy.

His sleep is still absolutely atrocious, he went down at 8 last night and was up again at 9:30. WHY????!!!! :hissy: 7 till 4 is fantastic, shame about the resettling afterwards though. We just can't win can we lol

We started weaning last week! when I took him to the clinic on Wednesday we found his weight is starting to tail off, he's now starting to fall below the 9th percentile, at birth he was 25th :( so the HV told me to start him on solids. So much for the BLW plan lol. He's doing really well though so I'm glad I started him off. He's had one meal of baby rice a day at lunchtime and today I moved him on to 2 meals a day and he tried some carrot mixed in with his rice at tea time, he ate the lot :) he's so much happier after his solids, tonight after his dinner he laid on his mat for aaages just chilling out :thumbup:

I'm going to get him a jumperoo tomorrow :happydance: he's absolutely desperate for something to play with, he's too big for his mat now but can't sit up yet. So my mum is going to go halves with me on the jumperoo. I really hope he likes it!

I've just had to move upstairs to give Wesley his first feed of the night. Its only 10 past 9 :dohh:

Ha ha Olivia's memory is starting to get really sharp too. We can't make empty promises to get her to do stuff anymore as she remembers :dohh: sometimes the repetitive stuff is the best stuff at Christmas time though, that's how family traditions are formed :)

That's great Rex is sleeping well too. Olivia is getting a little easier to put to bed now too, thank god. I've signed her up for a 12 week course of swimming lessons, we start tomorrow night, very excited! She's absolutely crying out for lessons as she's so confident in the water. She goes right out of her depth with her armbands on, kicks her legs, jumps in and doesn't care at all when she gets water up her nose, and she's started pushing me away when I try to hold onto her in the water. Tbh I think these lessons will be more for putting my mind at ease than hers! :haha:

I can't believe Wesley still has a runny bum. Poor thing :( That's been ages now. Hope the sample gives you some answers. I wonder if the bad sleep is linked to his tummy issues?

We have a Jumperoo from Rex. Leo loves it now! We've had it out for a few weeks now but it's only the past couple of weeks that he's bounced away & figured out he can turn around in it. I put him in it on a morning & it gives me chance to have breakfast & get a few jobs done so I love it for that too : thumbup:

I thought it was strange that you appeared to be doing traditional weaning when I saw your pic on FB aftet what you said about BLW but that explains it. Poor Wesley, slipping down the centiles. Hopefully food will help. Leo loves his baby rice too. He actually cried today when he'd finished :haha: He's the same afterwards as well, much more chilled out after eating. It really does make me think that I've been starving him by BF :( Starting a second bottle tomorrow. The last week on one bottle has gone fine. He's absolutely guzzled it!m

Enjoy your swimming lesson :) Monday is our swimming day too. Leo has been great for our childminder while we've been going as well :)

Touch wood, we haven't had any poo explosions at all today! I'm so worried it might have been CMPI set off by introducing that bottle. That of course means I'm going to have to try the formula again once he's better to test it! If it is CMPI I don't know what I'm going to do, I'll be back to being completely trapped BF until he's a year old :( just when I was starting to get a bit of freedom too. :cry:

it must've looked strange on Facebook lol! I've been trying to let him spoon the rice in by himself wherever possible but tbh I'm over it, actually, I've always thought BLW was just a fad and mums like to show off saying they do it, the only reason I wanted to try it was to see what the fuss was about and secretly wanted to be able to say its no different from TW :haha:
Oh that's so cute Leo was crying because he'd finished! Bless him :haha:

We've been on a 60 mile road trip to York and back to pick up the jumperoo today, they've both been good as gold! Wes slept all the way there and Olivia didn't try to take home every toy in toysRus! Then we got on the park and ride and met DH for lunch at pizza hut. Not one single tantrum all day! On the bus back again Olivia decided she wanted to sit on one of the high up single seats at the front of the bus and she kept turning round and asking if I was OK :haha: she's getting so big, bless her. At one point I even heard someone behind me saying how well behaved she was being, very proud mummy moment! :)

I'll keep everything crossed that it's not CMPI. It would be soul destroying to be stuck BF after you really wanted to quit :(

:haha: I never fancied BLW. Simply because you have no way of knowing how much they've eaten at a meal time. I feel like they could just fill up on milk & not eat much. especially when BF & you have no idea what they've drank.

Aaww very jealous of your trip to York! Toys R Us is just up the road from my mum's :) Glad it was a successful trip. Hope Wesley likes the Jumperoo after all that effort!

Also jealous of your Pizza Hut lunch! I'm still on Weight Watchers. Lost just over half of what I put on while pregnant but still a long way to go :(

Started bottle no. 2 today & he guzzled it again but was then quite sick a while later. I think he's drinking it too fast then not bringing up enough wind. I hope its not the formula disagreeing with him though. He's been fine on his late feed all these months & the one extra bottle last week didn't do anything so will just have to see how he goes.

How was swimming?

We haven't had any nasty green poos at all today :happydance: so I'll give it a few days before trying the formula again and see if it starts again its maybe a little bit cruel but its the only way to test if it is CMPI.

Yeah, not only would you not know how much is going in with BLW, but you'd also spend the whole time crapping yourself that he might choke. Its always the way people waltz into weaning threads on here and say "oh its so much easier because they just eat what you eat" and I'm always like, "bulls**t!" What could be more annoying than having to make sure you cook a completely fresh meal from scratch every single day? Because its not like Wesley would be able to eat my pot noodle or the Saturday night chicken vindaloo, or even Olivia's fish fingers because there'd be way too much salt in them too. But that's exactly why i had to try it, I wanted to see if it really was bulls**t, because I'm that sort of person :haha: I'd much rather cook up a couple of batches of baby food on a Sunday afternoon and just pull a little pot out of the freezer for him each day. I loved doing that with Olivia, I had a great baby cookbook and made loads of yummy purees for her.

DH had Wesley in the jumperoo while we were at swimming and apparently he loved it :) Olivia had a great time swimming, she was so excited, bless her. She floated on her back and kicked her legs and practiced pushing off the side. Only thing she didn't like was dunking her head under the water, but I'm sure it'll come. She didn't want to get out at the end of the lesson so I'll take that as a good sign!

That's fantastic you've lost so much weight, well done! :happydance: I tried my fitness pal again a few weeks ago but couldn't get into it. Randomly though, I lost 4lbs last week without even trying! I hadn't eaten any chocolate that week, I wonder if that's what did it..... Lol

Oh I hope Leo gets better with his second bottle. I'd be surprised if it wasn't agreeing with him when he's been fine up until now :shrug: hopefully it was jus wind.

I'm just giving Wesley his THIRD feed of the night. Why does my baby never sleep?! :(

Yay for no green poo :happydance: It's not cruel to try formula again. You need to know.

:haha: Totally agree about BLW. Leo also couldn't eat half of what we eat! I like stocking the freezer up with meals too. I did the same as you when weeing Rex. Made a couple of things every weekend & ended up with a wide variety, especially in stage 2. I already have zip lock bags full of apple, pear, sweet potato, carrot, courgette & swede cubes :thumbup: Need to make some green bean cubes this week. :)

Glad swimming was a success! :D Rex is a nutter in the water. Constantly dunking his head & wanting to jump in :dohh:

A week without chocolate?! Were you ill?!! ;) :rofl: Chocolate is included in my points every single day! Can't live without it!

Hope your night got better as it went on :hugs: He's probably making up for all the poo explosions!

Sorry friend been MIA for a long time......had been depressed. .... ttc#2 is on hold as hubby had to gi to Canada for some training purpose. ..... I was unwell...had a fall..leg was injured...couldnt move for a week....then when leg became ok..I got an eye infection. ..I am taking steroids... to top it...af has been delayed. ...today cd55....its never happened. ...my cycles are never so late....

Poor Wesley. ..hope he is better.....saz....hows lo?? Kyles...so happy to see your son doing good....

I love getting my freezer all stocked up! Wesley has really enjoyed his carrot this week, so today I've been out and bought him a parsnip, suede and a sweet potato which I'll try him on this week :) I haven't got him any fruit yet, I'll get him eating the veg first before I introduce him to the sweet stuff :haha:

That's lovely that Rex is so confident in the water. There's another little girl in Olivia's group who's like that, just dives under and splashes about like a little fish and its lovely to watch :)

The week without chocolate was while I was in butlins. No way was I going to pay their ridiculous prices!

Oh I absolutely despair with Wesley. He is the worst sleeper ever! :cry: I put him down at 8:00 tonight and I'm expecting him up for his firs feed any minute now :(

Shradha! Welcome back :)

Sorry to hear you've had a rotten time lately, I hope you're feeling better now :hugs: is your husband back home again now? I hope he's taking care of you. How is shresh?

CD55??? Thats a very long cycle. What's going on? Could it be the steroids? I take it you're definitely not pregnant? xx

Kyles hasn't been on in ages. I miss her :(

Huge :hugs: Shradha. You've had it really rough lately haven't you. You poor thing :( Hope things look up for you soon :hugs:

Oh Wesley!! Why can't you do some good sleeping for your mummy?!

Leo is down to only having one feed on a night but the time totally varies. It can be anywhere between midnight & 4am. Wish he was a bit more predictable! :dohh:

It's our last baby massage class this afternoon. Sad it's over cos Leo has loved it.

I'm off to York for my hair done in the morning. On my own!!! :happydance: Just driving up & back but having lunch out with my sister before I come home. Can't wist for some boy free time!! :D I won't even have to miss a feed now Leo's having 2 bottles in the day which makes it sooooo much easier.

Wow, I wish wish wish Wesley was only up once a night. Great going Leo! :)

He did a little better last night, I went out for a meal with the girls and DH had to give him his first feed of the night. I put him down before I went out at 7:30 and DH gave him his bottle of EBM at 10:00. Then he wasn't up again until 2:30! :) he was up 2 more times after that but the point is I actually got more than 2 hours of sleep in one go and was only up 4 times all night as opposed to his usual 5 times lol

I hope you had a nice afternoon with your sister. Its great to get some kid-free time isn't it? I had a lovely couple of hours out last night, it makes all the difference. :)

I've started on my Christmas shopping this week. So far I've got a bike for Olivia and ordered her the Disney animator Anna doll. Wesley has a little ball pit and a musical cow. We wrote a letter to Santa today to inform him that we are moving house and to let him know that Olivia now has a baby brother who will also need some presents :haha: then we cut out pictures of all the toys she wants (and some suggestions for toys that Olivia thought Wesley might like) and stuck them onto the letter. We got off pretty lightly tbh most of the stuff she picked wasn't too expensive, with the exception of a £150 wooden kitchen she saw at early learning centre :haha: I told her that Santa usually only brings one big present per child so he might have to choose between the kitchen and the bike (and bike will win of course!) :)

No, no, no, Sarah! I said Leo only fed once a night! I didn't say he was only up once a night :haha: We have to resettle him on average about 3 times in the first couple of hours after he goes down. Then if he feeds earlier in the night, he'll wake up & only settle in bed with me :wacko:

Yay to breaks for both of us this weekend! :thumbup: I felt so refreshed when I got home yesterday. :)

Aaawww! That's so cute, doing the letter :) I've pretty much finished Rex's shopping. Need a few more bits for Leo then onto everyone else. I swear I had more this time last year but I also have more shopping opportunities this year with being off work so I won't panic just yet!

We're starting a baby sensory class tomorrow. I did one with Rex too & he loved it so can't wait to see what Leo makes of it!

Leo loved baby sensory :) He just loves being around other babies! Finds them hilarious! :haha: So we're definitely off back.

I'm down to just feeding Leo at bedtime & in the night now. Dropped the breakfast feed this morning but today has been tough on my boobs! He must usually drink a lot in the morning! Ouchy!!! Hopefully they'll get the message in the next couple of days!

Ha ha ha oh I see, I thought you meant Leo was a champion sleeper! Silly me :haha: these naughty boys, why don't they ever sleep? Olivia was never that bad :shrug: although to be fair, she was a nightmare to get to sleep in the first place, but once asleep she was out for the count. By 5 months she was only waking up once or twice a night.

You're doing fantastic with your Xmas shopping :thumbup: I'm getting there now, I have both their main presents now, just need a few smaller ones and stocking fillers. Are you doing a Xmas eve box this year? If so will you put something in for Leo too? I'm not sure whether to include Wesley or not. Other than PJs I can't think what else I could put in for him.

Baby sensory sounds great I bet he'll love it! :)

Wesley has had a bottle of formula again tonight. Wish us luck for tomorrow's nappies. May they be yellow and mucus free! :haha:

Lol we cross posted again :)

Glad Leo enjoyed his class what sort of things did you do? Wesley likes other babies too, he has a best friend called rowan who goes to our breastfeeding group and he's only 3 weeks older than Wesley and we usually lie them side by side and they sit and coo at each other, hold hands and touch each other's faces. When Wesley spots him coming he gets all excited :haha:

Ouch! I'm not looking forward to stopping breastfeeding and getting all engorged! I stopped really gradually with Olivia due to all the troubles we had so I didn't experience that pain last time.

Hello! Hello!

Please forgive me for NOT coming on here for MORE than 2 months!!!!!!!
I have been unbelievably busy. No excuses though!

How are you ladies!!!???!!!??? I have FINALLY caught up reading everything that has been going on with each of you since my hiatus!

Saz- Leo has a TOOTH!!!!!!!!!! Already!!!!!! That is amazing! You are very lucky to have them so early. So sorry the little ones had a nasty bug. That sounded like it was awful! Glad they are ok!
How is Leo’s weight going? Any more progress?

Sarah- happy birthday to Olivia! The butterfly story had me laughing so hard!

Hooray for finding a house. I know how stressful it can be since I am a realtor. I really hope your realtor is being as helpful as possible, after all you are the reason they get paid! Make sure you know they are working for you 

Wesley still has the heart issue. I really hope it mends on its own, I know how frustrating and hard this must be for you. It’s a struggle but you are strong and will get through this. He is happy and healthy and that is all that matters (Hugs)

Shrad- so sorry still not getting a positive test. That is such a challenge. Don’t get to down on yourself or upset about it. It will happen when the time is right!
As for me you all know my story. Sorry it was just easier to create a facebook message for my friends and family to keep everyone updated. It has been one HELL of a roller coaster since this kid has been born.

Having the baby home was an extremely hard adjustment for Kyle. We brought him home for a day and took him right to the ER so Kyle was mad that mommy, daddy, and Lucas all left him for only being able to adjust one day. The first 6 weeks was a BLURR getting adjusted.

Tried to potty train Kyle, FAILED! He was doing awesome and then for some reason he back tracked. We are full on diapers again now  SIGH….

Kyle officially LOVES his brother, they are best friends now so the transition is going great and I am back to somewhat normal LOL.

He is currently sick :( DH came home with a nasty cold and passed it to Kyle. I really hope Lucas does not get it. If he does I foresee another hospital trip 

Lucas is doing amazing! Except for our hospital cases.
He is HUGE! Almost 16 lbs. Growing so fast. Taking about 6 ounces with some cereal (due to reflux) every 4 hrs.

We have to go back to the hospital on November 19th for another Ultrasound and urologist appointment to check on his circumcision and to see how the kidneys are doing. He is currently still on an antibiotic and will continue on It until they say to stop.
He does sleep through the night, eats last around 8:30pm and is up usually around 3am. So not THROUGH the night lol. But he has 2 good stretches we need to work on adjusting timing for :)

I am very sorry for not being on here. Coming back to my full time job was HELL. I just caught up on all of my work when I had a temp currently doing the stuff for me. She didn’t do a thing! Nothing! It was like my boss paid her to sit here……. Makes me sick.

I am doing the real estate job part time for now as well. So two jobs, 2 kids and a husband to take care of! I have been so busy!

I am sure glad to be back though! I missed chatting with you all :)

Hi kyles, great to hear from you! :)

I'm really glad to hear lucas is doing well. He's absolutely gorgeous by the way. I can't believe he's nearly 16lbs, Wesley was only 13lb 5oz when he was last weighed 2 weeks ago! :haha: Wesley is teeny tiny though lol

Poor kyle, it is a huge adjustment suddenly having a new baby brother to share his mummy and daddy with. I'd say that's most likely why he's back tracked with his potty training. When we first brought Wesley home Olivia had a rough few weeks, she suddenly started waking in the night and getting really upset at bed time. We also had a potty training belly flop when she was a similar age to kyle (you might remember it) we went back to full time nappies and when we finally tried again, just week or two before she turned 3, it was completely different. It was as if something had just clicked into place and she suddenly got it.

Gosh, you do work hard! It must be absolutely exhausting doing 2 jobs and then going home to a toddler and baby, my hat is off to you :) how awful that your replacement was so crap while you were away, must've been so frustrating trying to get caught up again!

We're all OK, Olivia's been having some epic tantrums just recently but I think we're finally getting a grip on it and she's been much better the past few weeks. She loves Wesley and is always cuddling, kissing, singing to him etc but she does have quite a few moments of jealousy. But since she started her swimming lessons she's been much better and I think its down to the fact that DH has Wesley while I take her swimming so its our special baby-free time. We go just the two of us, have fun in the water, get some sweeties from the vending machine afterwards and sometimes go to the shop on the way home.

Wesley, on the other hand, is still driving me insane. He just doesn't sleep! He doesn't nap for more than 20 minutes in the day time and at night his sleep is horrendous. He goes down at 7:30 and is up for his first feed at 9:30-10:00. He's then up again at 11:00, then 1:00, then 3:00 then 5:30. I absolutely despair with him :cry: last night I completely broke down and cried and cried. DH tried to help and settle him so I could have a break, but the trouble was that I still laid there awake the whole time and DH wasn't able to settle him so I ended up taking over anyway. :(

His appointment for his heart scan is on the 20th November, then we will find out exactly what the extent of his heart problem is. The doctor we saw last month said she thought it sounded like a small hole, and the fact that he has no real symptoms, teamed with the fact that they've taken so long to get him an appointment, I'm taking as a sign that its not as serious as it could be. I guess we'll have to wait and see though...

It was great to hear that lucas' surgery went smoothly. I will heep hoping and praying for good news at his next appointment XXX

The house sale is going smoothly so far. I spoke to the estate agent today and they said we are good to move in the first week in December. I love looking at the houses you put on Facebook, I wish I lived in America, the property is so much nicer over there! :)

Kyles!!! So good to have you back!! :D I've been reading your updates on FB but don't like to comment in case people are like 'who the hell is she?!' :haha: So god Lucas is doing well after surgery. Poor little guy has been through so much already :( I'm sure Kyle will potty train soon. It's a huge adjustment getting a brother, he'll get there. I have no idea how you cope with 2 jobs & a family!! You are amazing, lady!

Sarah, I know exactly what you mean about baby-free time. Swimming is our mummy & Rex time as well & I really cherish it. :)

I seriously feel for you with Wesley's sleep. I've been there with Rex :( Does he feed at every waking? Leo is usually up twice a night with a few re-settlings shortly after bedtime. Compared to Rex, this feels amazing but I'm sure some people would think it's awful! I can't believe how well Lucas is sleeping!

I had a full day & night off at the weekend :D I had a day at the races with DH, my sis & BFF & their DHs. Had such a good time! And my lovely mum did the night shift for me so I could enjoy some drinks :)

I'm down to just doing one BF on a night now. It's bittersweet. I'm excited to have my body back but feeling sad that I'll not feed a baby ever again :cry:

Leo is changing so much at the minute. He's sitting up well enough for me to leave him playing while I nip out of the room (with the feeding pillow round him just I'm case!). And he is much less grumpy in the day cos he can sit & do things. It's amazing what a difference it makes! Today, I also caught up getting up on his knees!!! And he's starting to wriggle backwards as well. Stop growing up so bloody fast!!! I can't believe he's nearly 6 months old. That's seriously the fastest half a year of my life. :(

How's weaning going, Sarah? I tried Leo with avocado today. He was sooo funny :haha: Don't think it was a hit but I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Aww saz sounds like a lovely time!

So glad to have the mommy and Rex time. I need to do that more with Kyle.

Boo hoo to stopping breast feeding. It has to be bitter sweet

I so wish i kept at it. I kick myself everytime i think about it.
I probably would have been 10 times skinnier LOL

Well we have officially ALL gotten the cold. DH had it last week and contaminated all of us!
Kyle was next, Lucas and me both got hit good last night. Seeing him sniffly makes me so sad :(

Hope this goes by fast. I hate colds!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe you are both doing solid foods. So weird to hear that. And the wiggling getting ready to crawl!! EEEEEEEKkkkkkk

Right now Lucas is focusing on holding his body up sitting up. He is doing amazing with it. I swear he is so strong. He can't sit up fully on his own yet but great head movement. He is going to roll over any day. DH thought he was going to last night. He was all the way on his side about to when he flipped back over LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->