TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Lol unfortunately it didn't get any better last night. he was up again half an hour later and then up for the day at 6:15, waking Olivia up in the process :(

Sorry you're having a rough time too, saz :( I think Wesley might have some teeth moving about too as he's very drooly, grumpy and chewing his hands. Can't see anything yet though.

Ooh I've been wanting to take Olivia to Yorkshire wildlife park for ages, it looks really good :thumbup:

You should take her if you get chance. Rex had a whale of a time! Couldn't wait to tell me about all the animals he'd seen. Him & his cousin were grasshoppers in a little food chain play & MIL filmed it. They were so cute!

I hate teething! Leo's is through a little more today but by no means there yet. Urgh. 20 of the pesky things to get through. FML!

Hope we both get decent nights tonight. FX!

Oh I really hope so. I've been fussing around so much today that Wesley hasn't really had any good naps. We've found a house to buy which is great but OMG its stressful. The estate agent keeps ringing me every couple of days telling me I absolutely HAVE to do this, that or the other right this very minute or else the whole world might end and of course I'm always on my own with the kids when it happens so they get dragged from pillar to post while I come up with whatever ridiculously unnecessary document or bank statement they've asked me for this time. Every time I ask them if that's now everything they need, they tell me yes only to ring again the next day with something equally "urgent" that they expect me to conjure up in the next 5 minutes :dohh: Olivia was so cute this morning, I went in to the estate agent to drop off some forms this morning and she went up to the estate agent and said "can I have my new house now please? " and then she pointed to the picture of our new house on the wall and said "that's my new house there! I want that house please! " :) I've shown her the house on zoopla and she's always asking to see it again. Trouble is she thinks she's getting all yhe toys from the pictures too, I keep trying to explain that she has to take her own toys but it's not really sinking in lol

So because of all the running around I've done today and the bad night last night, Wesley was in a right state tonight. He's asleep on me now, lets hope he stays asleep!
Aww that's really cute rex and his cousin were being grasshoppers I bet they've had a right old time :)

I wouldn't pander to the estate agents, Sarah! If you were at work, they'd have to wait. They just like to hurry you along to get their commission for selling a house & conpleting quickly. Don't let them stress you out! Buying a house is very stressful. I'm not looking forward to moving. We're thinking of moving when I'm back to work full time in a few years but god knows how we'll ever pack this house up! Too much stuff!

My hopes for a good night didn't come true :( Rex got up twice at 11 & 2.30. I think we've spoiled him with DH getting in his bed so we need to break that habit & quick. And Leo woke up earlier than he has done in ages at 3.20. He went back to sleep til 5.15, fed then back til 7.30. It's not the total amount of sleep that's the killer, it's how broken up it is :cry:

It's meant to be a nice afternoon here so a good run around at the park is needed I think. Anything to try & get them to sleep more!

You worry about how you're going to pack the house up? Then spare a thought for me, I've lived here since I was 10 years old! We've rented this house from my mum ever since she moved to Wales 9 years ago. I've had several good clear outs over the years but technically I've never moved house. There's also bits of junk all over that various members of my family couldn't be bothered to take with them when each of them moved out, so being the last one to leave it will be down to me to get rid of it all :dohh:

sorry you had a rotten night last night :( mine wasn't much better either. He's started waking in the night and refusing to go back to sleep so every night is a bit of an ordeal at the moment :cry:

lol I had the same idea, we were at the park all afternoon today with my friend and her 2 kids and they all had a really good run about. :)

Oh god, Sarah! You'll have to hire a skip! There's no other way to clear that house!

We managed to have a better night last with Rex. He said he didn't want to sleep in the dark at bedtime so we left his bedside lamp on all night for him & it did the trick. We didn't hear from him til gone 7 this morning. I think he must've developed a fear of the dark :shrug: Been out & bought a plug in night light today so we don't have to leave the lamp on every night.

Leo's tooth is still only just poking through. It's so slow!! I'm wondering if it's coming so slowly cos he's quite young to get a tooth?

I dug my weaning book out today to have a read tonight. I weaned Rex at 4 months cos he was so much bigger & really ready for it. I didn't think Leo was but at dinner tonight, I had him sat on my knee as he was grizzly in his swing & he was avidly watching me, drooling & chomping his tongue. He then grabbed Rex's spoon (unused!) & got it straight in his mouth! He also tried to grab a piece of melon out of my bowl when I was eating my dessert! That combined with the fact he's going shorter gaps between feeds, makes me think we might have some first tastes once we're back from Disneyland. Just baby rice & fruit & veg for a couple of months. I can't believe I'm already thinking about weaning. Our boys are growing so fast :(

I've had such a lovely day today. We haven't done anything particularly exciting but the boys have just been lovely. We had a play date this morning & another this afternoon. Rex behaved so well all day & Leo has been the happiest he's been in a couple of weeks :) He was even happy right up until his bath. I wish all days could be like today!

I think Leo must be coming out the other side of the monstrous 4th WW leap, at last! I've really noticed a difference in what he's doing these past couple of days. He's desperately trying to roll (but can't get past going onto his side, bless him :haha: ), he's waaaay more coordinated getting things into his mouth & is suddenly much stronger, sitting for a couple of seconds unaided & starting to want to stand more & trying to wriggle backwards during tummy time. Time is going so fast :(

Going to have a hectic weekend getting us ready for Disneyland. We leave in the early hours of Monday morning :) Can't wait to see Rex's face!

I thought I replied to you the other day, saz but my post isn't on here. I must've forgotten to hit submit lol :dohh:

That's good rex is sleeping better now. Olivia went through the afraid of the dark phase and she was fine after we got her a night light. She also went through another one when we discovered that she doesn't like her bedroom door closed. Funny little things aren't they!

Is that tooth all the way through yet? Wesley's never came to anything in the end, must just have been moving around inside the gums. Its good to hear he's been in a better mood lately, hopefully Wesley will follow suit because I can't take much more of his grumpiness. He literally strops and grumps from the minute he wakes up until he goes to bed again :dohh: he's still not sleeping well at night either :(

I've been starting to think about weaning too, its really not that far away is it! I wanted to stick it out until 6 months this time but I'm going to see what he's like at 5 months and make a decision then. I weaned Olivia at 5 months and she did really well at it. He's nowhere near ready yet, he shows no interest whatsoever but we'll see how he is next month. That sounds like leo is getting there though :thumbup:

Disney land will be lovely! Is it America or Paris?

We had a nice day out at the shops today. We went to frankie and benny's for lunch (and both kids were really well behaved) And then we took Olivia to toysRus to spend the birthday money she got from DHs grandma. She bought an Elsa Disney animator doll. She loves it, she's sat cuddling it as we speak :)

I thought everyone had left me for a minute there :haha:

No, the tooth is still not fully through. It's pretty much through on one side but still not on the other side :dohh: He's constantly chomping on things, poor little guy :(

Sorry to hear Wesley isn't any happier or sleeping any better :( :hugs:

I've read through my weaning book & have ordered baby rice & some organic apples, pears & carrots to come in the shop when we get home later in the week so I can get some purées made & stocked up in the freezer. I'm going to see how he is over the next few days around food while we're eating in restaurants to make a final decision.

It Disneyland Paris. God, I'm nowhere near brave enough to take Leo on a flight yet :haha: We're driving & going on the Eurostar with bottles of EBM (& formula for emergencies!) on standby so we don't have to stop as much.

Lovely that you had a successful day out & shopping & even better, a meal out! Bless Olivia with her new doll. They all love Frozen, don't they!

I've just been getting our washing sorted & popped out with Leo for a few last minute bits. Got the task if packing tomorrow but DH is taking both boys to his mum's for Sunday lunch so I have a few hours alone to get sorted.

Ha ha yeah it looked like you were chatting away to yourself back there :tease:

Aw poor little Leo, I hope its not too much longer for him.

That's very organised of you getting all his purées ready :) I'm really looks forward to making all Wesley's meals, I used to love concocting things for Olivia to try.

Ha ha yes, perhaps a flight to America would be a tad ambitious with a 4 month old. Silly me! :haha: its nearly time for our holiday too, 2weeks tomorrow and we'll be in sunny skegness! :thumbup:

Olivia was an absolute nightmare to put to bed tonight, she wanted me to play and read to her and wouldn't let me leave. It was nearly 9:30 when she finally went to sleep :(

I'm back! Had no wifi in the cabin & wasn't paying for extortionate data roaming charges so I've had internet withdrawal!! :haha:

We had a fab time. Rex kept telling us that every ride was his favourite & he 'loved it'. He's spent 3 days charging around & was totally in his element. We are all exhausted now though. We covered every inch of Disneyland. Leo had a great time staring at everything & wooing other guests with his smiles & coos :) Glad to be home though! Having an early night!

My shopping got delivered tonight & I have baby rice, apples, pears & carrots to start making some purées. He's been trying to grab food all the time so think I might try him with a little baby rice at the weekend. Need to dig the high chair out of the garage & clean it up first.

Leo rolled this morning! He cheated a bit really though as he was laid on a big duvet (the cabin had hard floors) so I think it was easier for him. He cried immediately cos he hates been on his tummy :dohh: Will have to see if he manages it again. He's been getting onto his side for a couple of weeks but couldn't get any further cos his bottom arm was always in the way :haha:

Hope Olivia's been going to bed better since your last post. Toddlers are worse than babies at bedtimes! I remember you booking Skegvegas & it seemed miles away. Can't believe it's come round already. It was the toddler week wasn't it?

Welcome back :hi: I'm glad you had a lovely time. I love Disneyland, back when I was young and carefree I used to have a little job on the side working as a trolley dolly for a bus company and we used to do weekend trips to Disneyland. I used to go completely free, free hotel, free food, free park access; and I got commission off all the drinks I sold, plus tips as well. Best job ever! I'd love to go back with the kids one day though, its just magical for them isn't it. i bet Rex had a whale of a time :)

Ooh, sounds like Leo is about ready to start having some food. That's when the fun really starts! Wesley did the exact same thing on Wednesday with his rolling, he was on the floor at MILs, rolled onto his tummy, and then cried. Bless them :haha:

Olivia is still being an ass at bedtime. I've no idea why but I'm having to fight with her every bedtime :(

Touch wood, Wesley has been sleeping really well this week. We tried the formula again and his tummy has been fine. And oh what a difference its made. He gets his bot at 5:30, then chills out on his mat while we have dinner, then he gets his bath followed by a BF and bed. There have been no struggles to get him to sleep, no tears and twice this week he's even self settled! Then he's slept till 2am, had a feed and gone back down IN HIS OWN BED! till 5am :happydance: what a difference! :)

Yes skegvegas is the toddler week :) very excited. I hope this nice warm weather continues.

An hour into my first day alone with both of them for 6 weeks, I was ready to kill Rex :cry: He's had his Woody doll taken off him for the day co she launched him at the tele. I know he's tired as he hasn't caught up on his sleep from Disneyland. Especially as he was up for the day at 5.50 :dohh: Going to get out to the park after lunch & Leo's next feed. Thank goodness for sunshine!

Wow, Wesley is sleeping brilliantly! :thumbup: Leo won't go back in his bed once he wakes up. I don't mind if it's like 5ish but it was 3.20 last night & he was so wriggly in bed with me :( I think he's working on his rolling. When he woke in the night, I watched him on the monitor for a bit to see if he's settle & he was lifting his legs up inside his sleeping bag & flipping over onto his side :dohh: Nighttime is not the time, Leo!

Skeggy will be fab if this weather continues :)

Aww sorry you had a rough first day back :( I hope it got better as the day went on.

Olivia has been so excited about moving up to the preschool room at nursery. It was her first official day in there on Thursday and she got up early, chose her own clothes and dressed herself, packed her own school bag and then waited to go. At 7am I had to draw her a picture of the clock when it would be time to leave the house (8:45!), then she basically sat and watched the clock till then :haha:

Its a pain when they start rolling isn't it! Wesley doesn't do it in bed (yet!) Thankfully but it won't be long and then the co-sleeping will be a nightmare. This morning Wesley came into our bed at about 4:30 and i laid him between DH and i. and then at 6:00 Olivia arrived and climbed in between DH and Wesley so all 4 of us were squashed like sardines into the double bed. The dog tried to get in as well after that but was quickly sent packing :haha: surprisingly we all slept for another hour after that :)

Thankfully the day did get better. The trip to the park was lovely. Leo had a decent nap in the buggy so when we got home, he played happily on his play mat while I got dinner on & Rex played in his play room. Don't want another morning like that for a while!!

That is so cute if Olivia! Did she have fun in the big girl room?

Rex starts his nursery place at school a week on Tuesday. I can't wait!!! :haha:

Leo's rolling is becoming a pain! Last night, he managed to rotate by 90 degrees then flip onto his belly but was stuck then so I had to go & put him back :dohh: Strangely, he hasn't tried rolling in bed with us yet but he does go onto his side to sleep.

We often end up all 4 of is in bed on a morning. Luckily, we have a king size bed! One day we'll get our beds back!!

Leo had his first taste if baby rice today. I didn't think it was going to be a success at first cos he didn't like being strapped into the high chair but he couldn't get enough! He are from the spoon like a pro & was opening his mouth wide for the next one after the first couple. Think he was definitely ready.

Yes she had a great time in the big girl room, although she did get told off at one point. Thursday night she was sat on the living room floor and she just turned to me and said "mummy I was mean to Tilly at nursery today" I asked why and she said "I was mean to Tilly, I smacked her head" I asked if she got told off and she said "yes and I said sorry to Tilly." Obviously its not good that she's hitting kids at nursery but her confession was pretty cute :haha: other than that she's doing really well :)

Oh what a pain Leo's rolling must be. Olivia used to roll onto her side/front in bed as a baby and then get upset, nightmare!

Ooh well done Leo on his first meal! If he doesn't like his high chair yet do you have a bouncy chair you could use instead? That's what we did with Olivia at first.

:haha: That is a very cute confession. Think I'd have had to laugh!

The rolling & moving is getting beyond a joke :wacko: Evenings are the worst once he's first gone to bed. He scoots round & flips over. Then gets upset & frustrated so we have to go & settle him again :(

At 4.30 this morning, I woke to him to making noises on the monitor & he had managed to spin by 180 degrees! I thought that must be what was wrong but when u went to him, the cot, his sleeping bag & vest were absolutely soaking wet. He'd been really, really sick everywhere. He hadn't been fed since his bottle at 11pm but he must've brought most of that up cos the cot was soaked :( I stripped him off & put him in with us but he wouldn't settle so I fed him from one side & he dozed off. But at 6.15, I woke to him throwing that entire feed up too :cry: I fed him one side again about 7.30 as he was looking for it but that came up all over his play mat. Think it's safe to say he's got a tummy bug :cry: I phoned 111 to see what to do about feeds but they told me to get him checked out by the GP. I couldn't appointment til 12.40 so I'm just waiting now. He's just had a quick feed again so have towels at the ready for that coming up :(

I'm so upset for Rex. Today was meant to be his first swimming lesson since we had to stop at Easter & Leo was going to our childminder for 2 hours to enable us to go. But obviously that couldn't happen. I could cry for Rex missing out :cry: He was so excited & I was so looking forward to doing so ething just with him. Now we're stuck inside for the day & Rex is getting zero attention. Stupid bug.

Aww saz, that's awful. Sorry poor Leo has a stupid tummy bug. Its just not fair, they always always always get sick when you have something good planned. Olivia has a nack of getting sick whenever she has a party to go to. Last time she got ill she missed out on pirates and princesses dress-up day at nursery :(

Olivia's ill at the moment as it happens. She's got a cold. Its not a very nasty cold, thankfully, but she's still been a little terror the past few days, she always plays up when she's feeling ill. I really hope Wesley doesn't catch it, she was kissing him on the mouth right before she started getting sick though so I think it might be too late :(

I hope Olivia's cold is getting better. Poor girl.

My week just keeps getting worse!! Leo stopped being sick Monday afternoon, thank goodness. He didn't feed much for the rest of the day but was back to normal yesterday aside from a few poo explosions in the morning. I can only assume that was the last of the bug making it's way out. I'd just got all the sicky/pooey washing done & the tumble dryer decided to pack up. Argh!!! Good thing it's been nice weather this week so I can get things dried. Then at 2.30 yesterday afternoon, Rex started throwing up :cry: Clearly a bug. Thankfully, Rex is old enough now to make it to the loo or throw up in a bucket so aside from a couple of changes of clothes, his sick was much easier to clean up. He last threw up at 8pm so he just be over it too. He begged for breakfast & juice this morning (I was a mean mummy & starved him aside from water yesterday afternoon & evening) & so far has kept it in so FX. Anything else life would like to throw at me this week?!

Rex was meant to be at the childminder's this morning. He's doing Wednesday mornings just to keep his place until January. But obviously he can't attend today. I really need to go to Meadowhall today for the last few bits of my mum & dad's bday pressies to give to them at the weekend as they're on holiday for their bdays & go next week. With Rex in tow, it'll be a nightmare but I'm going to York tomorrow afternoon so have no other time as it's play group in the morning. Wish me luck!!!

Oh no not Rex as well! What a horrible couple of days you've had :( :hugs:

Good luck shopping, i really feel for you. it was my turn yesterday. I tried taking the kids clothes shopping with MIL as we both needed to get something to wear for a family meal this Sunday. Long story short it was an absolute nightmare. In new look Olivia took a T-shirt off a hanger, tried it on then ran away when I tried to take it off her. Then we took her into the changing room and she stripped off completely naked and ran out into the shop like that. In Dorothy Perkins she took her shoes off and started trying on high heels and walking up and down in them. She started testing lipsticks in superdrug and finally we go halfway home and found a necklace and set of bangles that she'd stolen from Dorothy Perkins and had stashed under the pram. Oh and she went to the toilet with MIL in cafe Nero and opened the door while MIL was sitting on the toilet, revealing her to everyone in the cafe :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->