TTC #2 - First Month! Anyone else??

We are NTNP #2. DH agreed to stop preventing on CD16 of my last cycle so was too late to count that as trying, so I'm now on CD3 of this cycle so counting it as our first month. We conceived our daughter in the first month of NTNP, I would love for it to happen that easily again this month but something is worrying me it won't. My last cycle was 28 days and I must've O'd before CD16, so my plan is to DTD every other day (sometimes it might have to be every 2-3 days) throughout the cycle. Although I've looked at dates and on CD14 of this month we are away for the weekend at my parents house so will have to make sure we DTD on CD13 and then can't do it again until CD16.....worried that will mess up this months chance! Good luck to you all & congratulations Brandonsgirl!

If you get some bd in on CD 11-13 You'll still have a good chance!! GL with ntnp :)

I tested this morning at 10DPO and got my :bfp: :happydance:

Congratulations! What fab news and wow how quickly! I am still only 5/6dpo and couldn't resist testing today - BFN (to be expected really!) going to try waiting until Saturday now! x

I had an almost positive opk today!! I know mine go light dark light dark sometimes :/ but hoping tomorrow's is positive! We dtd tonight so if we got a
Positive opk tomorrow that would be great. I'm on CD 20 though so pretty late O if it ever does happen lol. Anyone have any experience or tips with late O??

Hi everyone, hope I can join this thread! This month is our first month trying for number 2 ( my daughter is 16 months old). I wasn't sure I was ready yet, as my daughter had colic and it has generally been a bit of a tough (but hugely rewarding) journey, but now that we actually started trying, I'm super excited about the possibility for another! Wishing everyone lots of luck!

Hi girls! I'm also TTC #2, currently on cycle number two, cd 2. First cycle ended up being a chemical pregnancy, had faint positives for a couple of days that never got darker. Now that AF arrived I feel positive for a new try.

Hi all! Hope I can join in. We're planning to start trying for #2 this cycle; I'm on CD3 today. Our son is three and a half.

We're hoping for a girl this time around (though will be happy with either) so we're trying the Shettles timing of only BDing up until a couple days shy of O. It's going to be a little tricky because my cycles are a bit irregular (usually 30 or 31 days), but I've ordered some ovulation strips and figure we can just keep at it until I get a positive and then stop. :D

In past experience, I got pregnant the first cycle we tried, that turned into a MMC, then my cycles were totally messed up for several months (not sure I was even ovulating) until I went on a small dose of Clomid, got pregnant the first cycle with that. So I'm hopeful but also nervous. Fingers crossed for everyone!

How is everyone doing?? Think I am out this month - 10dpo and BFN with IC - 10miu ones so sensitive. With my DD I had a BFP at 8DPO! Oh well, another month of trying! Period due Tuesday x

Sammy1, sorry to hear you feel out. Fingers crossed the feeling is wrong! If not, a new cycle always means a new shot...

Sorsha, how interesting to hear about Shettles! I also have a son but will be happy with either a boy or a girl. To not BD the last couple of days before O must mean a smaller chance to get pregnant?! How many days before O will you stop BD?

You're still in until AF shows up, Sammy1! :) Sending hopeful thoughts your way.

Sorsha, how interesting to hear about Shettles! I also have a son but will be happy with either a boy or a girl. To not BD the last couple of days before O must mean a smaller chance to get pregnant?! How many days before O will you stop BD?

Yeah, the theory is that "girl" sperm are slower but tougher than "boy" sperm, so they don't get to the egg as fast but can stick around longer. So if you BD right on O day, the boy sperm are more likely to get there first, whereas if you only BD up until a couple days beforehand, most of the swimmers left will be girl ones. It's far from guaranteed, but I figured we'd give it a shot! And yeah, it will reduce our overall chances of getting pregnant. I expect if the first two or three cycles don't work, we'll say to heck with it and BD all the way through. ;)

At the moment we're planning our last BD to be two days before theoretical O. So, based on my past few cycles, O day is predicted for August 3, so we'll BD the last time August 1. Although I'll also be checking with the ovulation tests and if I don't get a positive on the 2nd we might do another one then, since my cycles do often vary by a day or two.

Edit: Forgot to answer Sammy's question! I'm still in the middle of AF (CD 4). Waiting impatiently for next week when we can start trying.

Well AF got me this morning ladies- :-( onto round 2! X

Sorry to hear that Sammy, on to the next cycle!

Do you plan to do anything different this cycle? As for me, I'm planning to BD much more frequent this cycle. I was sick last cycle and didn't have much energy so our timing wasn't perfect. This cycle I'm planning to BD everyday from like CD 10 or so until confirmed O. My cycles can vary a bit so I hope I don't ovulate too late this cycle 😊

Think I will have to do pretty much the same again but try for every other day around Ovulation. Hubby is more in the ntnp camp where as I am 100% tracking Haha! So just got to make sure we BD a lot around ovulation! X

Sorry to hear that, Sammy! :( *hugs* if you want them. Lots of BD sounds like a good strategy to me!

Aw Sammy boo :(. GL for August!!

I don't like our chances... misread my fertility signs and so we BD -3 and -2 before O. I O'd about 24 hrs after I thought I did (I think lol). And I was lazy so we didn't keep bding until my confirmed temp shift. We started smep too early so I was all bd'd out :/

Anyways I'm pretty confident we won't get pregnant but the good news is I did see lots of ewcm this month (on O day). So next cycle I will know exactly what to look for. I'm just 2 dpo now so I'm not out but our chances aren't great.

Excited to see some more tests soon ladies!!

Sorry to hear thst your timing wasn't perfect Reiko! I know the feeling of not having more energy to bd, it's a fine balace. But looking at your chart it seems like there is also a small chance you ovulated on the 21st which makes your timing perfect! What does FF say if you don't override it? Either way, good luck with your TWW. Keep us updated with symptom spotting and tests :)

Sorry to hear thst your timing wasn't perfect Reiko! I know the feeling of not having more energy to bd, it's a fine balace. But looking at your chart it seems like there is also a small chance you ovulated on the 21st which makes your timing perfect! What does FF say if you don't override it? Either way, good luck with your TWW. Keep us updated with symptom spotting and tests :)

It does say CD21 if I don't override. I took the override off. Just not sure at all, my Post O temps are on the lower side compared to last month!! So yeah not completely out but feeling a bit on the doubtful side!! Also, no symptoms over here!

The two times I've been pregnant I didn't start noticing real symptoms until at least 7 dpo. The hormones don't really kick in until implantation, from what I understand. Fingers crossed for you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->