TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

gotta run so quick post, but good luck Miss C
LOVE THOSE BOUNCING BOOBIE HOLLIES!!!
MrsDH - I'm doing okay, pretty much missed the boat this month, but there you go, OH was away. Good luck with the clomid - let us know how you go.
Hooray, practically half of us have made it! x

PS

Nise - ha ha ha! OH got his light-saber out last night!!!

appointment went really well doctor is lovely. Getting the AMH done today (the egg timer!!), starting clomid next cycle 50mg cd 3-7, fibroid not an issue and he didn't bang on about my age! Only mentioned the risk of downs is significantly higher and the multiple rate is higher especially with the clomid. More invasive testing if after 1 round of clomid doesn't work. DP's SA being done next week, next appointment July 5th when we will have all the other results he will do a scan himself and then plan next step. He thinks first thing to do will be to check my tubes if other resuts come back good. The only thing he said was "puzzling" was that really really really low oestradiol level, his voice actually went up a coupe of octaves when he said 39. Most people are estrogen dominant and low progesterone!! My progesterone was normal, my LH was excelleent and my fsh was good according to him. So not looking as gloomy as I first thought.

Brill Miss C!!! wow the FS has really set the wheels in motion :hugs::hugs: all positive stuff!! :hugs::hugs:

I'm away from BnB one night and look what happens!

Congratulation ladies. Here's to even more Hollies!

Pip x

Hi everyone. I just got all of my test results back too via email (funny how I was thinking of changing FS docs--I swear that people can feel it when you psychologically detach). So. I have to have the progesterone taken again when I get back (to see where it is in the follicular phase) and he still wants cd3 tests, but I have normal: progesterone, estrogen, prolactin, thyroid, testosterone and free testosterone (so NO PCOS!!!) and very good levels of FSH, LH and DHEA!. My FSH/LH ratio also suggests no PCOS. So I'm not an old dried up prune in there. I am feeling a bit more faith in the doc now (based on the fact that he did follow up with me via email even though I am out of the country) and may even go ahead with the HSG test early next week to make sure that there are no blockages in there. If that is also normal, then it's just a question of timing.

I'm so glad I got that email when I did because it's been a day of emotional highs and lows. I didn't sleep well at all last night. Can't seem to shake the jet lag, which is weird for me. My period is also really odd this month. It's very watery and bright red and there's a lot more of it than normal. But since it did spend 36 days bullding up, I guess that could just be normal. I spent most of the day crying and crying. The combo of the hag and the due date have hit me really hard today. Spent most of the day crying almost inconsolably. This house is where I lost the baby and it's really hard for me to be here without feeling that loss. I will miss my friends over here and the sea, but I'm ready to go back to the desert and the sunshine where I have a bit more distance from the painful memories. It's hard for OH to hear that, but maybe I just need a bit more time and space from Scotland and all of the women with their newborn babies in the prams.

But in summary, fuck them when they tell us that we are too bloody old. My test results were as close to perfect as they're going to get. So there. The next time a doc even HINTS that one of you are too fucking old for treatment and common basic respect, you direct his stupid ass over to me and I will take him over my knee and paddle him senseless. Harumph.

Okay. Rant and emotional outburst over. I'm off to bed. :hugs: all.

Miss C, Sam, that's great news! So much for my clinic which just immediately said - how about some more IVF asap?! Very good results for you both, esp Miss C fibroid. Sam - I'm so sorry you've been feeling crappy - I'm sure a change of scene will be good for you and don't give yourself a hard time. Such a hopeful cycle will have made you crash harder and jet lag does horrible things to your psyche. I hope you sleep tonight!
Still very excited about all our BFP's - d'you think it might be catching?! Can you preggers people breath my way?! x

Reb: Well, mine originally said, based solely on my age and before running any tests, "How about IVF IMMEDIATELY," which made me very suspicious because over here it's all about $$$$. :( Once I said "Not going there without test results, pal," he backed off a bit. I cannot recall (exhaustion and mood and all) if you did or did not have an HSG test. For some reason, I think we were discussing that. . . Am I wrong?

And thanks again for your kind words. I know a lot of it has to do with lack of sleep. I bounce back pretty well after a big night of zzzzs. :sleep:

Sam - sorry you've had such a crappy day :cry: as Reb said it's probably compounded by such a hopeful looking cycle and still dealing with you loss....plus the hag...and the jet lag all at the same time. On the flip side excellent news from your FS who seems to have come through for you. I honestly feel like it's just a matter of time/timing and good things will happen....keep the faith :hugs:

Reb - I'd happily breathe your way but I've eaten extra strength Garlic Bread tonight so might not be a good idea :haha: but I can give you this instead :dust:

AFM - don't want to bleat on...but don't want to leave you ladies either. Feeling OK but been very crampy today off and on. Pretty sure it's just things moving around etc etc and my age old body getting ready (well I hope so anyway) also had mega belly button pulling today and a +FRER which is all good but to be quite honest I'm shitting my pants :wacko:

Glowie: :hugs: Thanks. Breathe. Breathe and don't let scary ideas into your head. If you have any interest in a meditation cd for pregnancy (ironically recommended to you by the semi-hysterical me), circle and bloom has some really nice calming ones. I listen to them before I go to sleep and they DO help me fall asleep. Stay asleep is another thing.

And yes, please. I agree with Reb. Even garlicky BFP breath would be fine. :thumbup:

Thanks Sam...that made me laugh :winkwink: I'll think about the meditation CD...I actually don't have a problem falling asleep....it's staying awake during the day that's the problem :wacko::haha: I actually did one of those things where you see someone jerk quickly because they fell asleep for like a millisecond at my desk yesterday :sleep: :rofl:
Hope no one saw me :blush:

Glowie I had full on narcolepsy in my pregnancy it came and went along with the severity I could drop off mid sentence be gone for like 10 minutes and then carry on talking like I hadnlt been anywhere - it was full on!! Funny as hell for hubby though!!

A positive thing to do is to keep talking to baby now, all day everyday, makes you feel more relaxed and keeps the happy hormones flowing. Of course makes for some fun times on the train when you say next stop is ours bubble etc!!

Morning all! Loads of us online right now! Glowie, garlic-baby-breath is great, thanks!
Sam - yes, I was thinking about HSG but Dr said don't bother, cos it's too late for all that malarky. Huh. Oh well, next appointment in June after day 3 tests and maybe I'll try to book HSG the same week, just to cover all my bases.
I like the idea of narcoleptic pregnancy! There was a programme about a lady with narcolepsy who lived with her hubby at the end of the runway at Heathrow. He was a wreck, she never heard the planes! He plaintively said, 'Just one dinner where she doesn't end up with her face in her plate would be great'! :sleep:

Morning all! Loads of us online right now! Glowie, garlic-baby-breath is great, thanks!
Sam - yes, I was thinking about HSG but Dr said don't bother, cos it's too late for all that malarky. Huh. Oh well, next appointment in June after day 3 tests and maybe I'll try to book HSG the same week, just to cover all my bases.
I like the idea of narcoleptic pregnancy! There was a programme about a lady with narcolepsy who lived with her hubby at the end of the runway at Heathrow. He was a wreck, she never heard the planes! He plaintively said, 'Just one dinner where she doesn't end up with her face in her plate would be great'! :sleep:

TOO LATE FOR THAT MALARKY?!? UGH. He needs a spanking, your doc. Why on earth is it too late? But why not try to book one? It takes all of 15-20 min and could make a world of difference! If you google it, you will see many many fert docs saying that it's the one functional fert test that they recommend to patients before proceeding with other things. Ah well. Maybe this should all be included in my book on ttcal at a certain age. . . :coffee:

I had a procedure they referred to as a hycosy where dye was injected to check tubes and view uterus in March, think its a similar thing. I then had a chemical on the next cycle and this bfp on the cycle after. I can't swear it helped but it is a coincidence.

I am trying to be positive....I keep stroking it and saying 'come on you can do it'...how sad is that :blush: I can't stop testing though...what is with that!! I used a higher miu test yesterday evening...a 25miu...versus the Frer which is 10 I think...and still got a +pos...suppose I'm finding it comforting that the HCG must be increasing :winkwink:

See Reb!!! get the feckin DR of yours told...you want one of those that Truly had!!! :thumbup:

Sam - I swear a book just based on the ups and downs of this thread would have every emotion under the sun and be a brilliant read...get writing :thumbup::coffee:

Truly: They do say that the HSG clears out the "cobwebs" in there and does lead to BFPs for MANY women in the 3-6 months following the test. I'm having one done, just for that reason alone! And the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) sounds just like what you had: dye in the bits, ultrasound to check out the flow of that dye. . .

Glowie: Strokes and positive thoughts are good. And test as much as you need to. But don't worry too much, okay hon? As for the book, I'm sorely tempted. I do that for a living, you know. . .

Hmm. How do I book an HSG without a GP referral? Don't think my GP's much interested now I'm over 40 and buggered up my one shot at IVF with a miscarriage. Not that he's not a nice chap! Maybe I'll just call the hospital direct and see what they can do.
Thanks for all your advice, ladies!
Glowie - keep postive, you've got a BFP and it's GOING TO STICK! x
Truly - how nice to see you!! How're you doing? I'm off to stalk your journal. And Pips! x

Hmm. How do I book an HSG without a GP referral? Don't think my GP's much interested now I'm over 40 and buggered up my one shot at IVF with a miscarriage. Not that he's not a nice chap! Maybe I'll just call the hospital direct and see what they can do.
Thanks for all your advice, ladies!
Glowie - keep postive, you've got a BFP and it's GOING TO STICK! x
Truly - how nice to see you!! How're you doing? I'm off to stalk your journal. And Pips! x

Reb: Can you change and go to a different GP? Or call the Early Pregnancy Unit and see if they can refer you directly based on your miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->