TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi ladies. Its nice to have found you!:thumbup: All this is new to me, 45 and TTC #3 with new husband. DD & DS in my twenties with no probs but now last two cycles didnt ovulate.Got checked out & apart from a high FSH (30)everything seems ok.despite my worries about peri menopause. So have started using OPK's and charting BBT. Docs appt tomorrow to see about kick starting AF.
Got to admit its been a lot to take in but everyone on here has been so supportive and helpful, a wonderful group of women that have kept me going!:hugs:

Good to see some old and new faces around here. :dust: ladies.

Pip x

Hi ladies...:hi:
Can I join your lovely thread.???
A little about me...just turned 40 last month. Have one DD aged 10 from a former relationship. My DP has two kids from his former relationship and is 37. Trying to conceive for a while...had a m/c at 10 weeks in Feb and a couple of chem pregs last year.
Anyway...hoping to find some support from some likeminded women on here...this TTC journey is soo sooo hard, long and lonely sometimes!!

Welcome aboard new ladies it's good to have you join us :). Hope your ok glowie thinking about you loads. I'm in the TWW and symptom spotting again!! And can't stop weeing!!!!

Hello to the new ladies :hi:

Morgans19 I really hope this is your cycle for a BFP :dust:

Hi all

Wow, a flurry of new friends for us old gals! Welcome aboard; I hope you graduate from here soon and that your stay here in ttc is a short one!!!

Re: earlier post about it being quiet, how quickly things change! I checked in a few times yesterday but there was no one here so I went away again feeling lonely - you are my social circle!! I always navigate to the thread via User CP (as Twinny knows cos I made her do it when she returned) and rarely venture outside the comfort of 'Over 40s'

No I meant slopes - what a mistake to make :dohh: :rofl:

Glad to see all is going to plan with your pregnancy :thumbup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Ah, does the heart good to have a laugh.

:hi: and a big welcome to all the new ladies. Wow, MissC you don't do anything by halves do you :thumbup:

Glowie - lovely to hear from you, I'm sorry you're stuck in limbo land - just keep focusing on all the good bits, that's all you can do. Though I think the suggestion of going to A&E is a really good one, and I reckon you'll get an early scan going that route too! Go to it Girl, don your best crazy lady persona - if you can't produce natural tears get a tear stick and go for the Oscar. Still sending sack loads of positiveness out to you. :hugs:

Samian - So glad you and your OH are at least keeping the channels of communication open - that's a good thing and I think you're right, as frustrating as it is probably best to keep ttc stuff under wraps for a short while. Won't take to long for him to loose sight of where you are in your cycle - he's a man! :hugs:

As for me, well.... As you know I've been trying the old "I'm not really trying" method and was doing quite well until now. I'm on CD12 and still no peak on Monicak (CB Monitor) and no smiley faces - Now I would have been thrilled about this in the past as it is my life's ambition to get to CD14 for O - I generally O on CD10 - 11. The reason I'm not thrilled is because I've not seen any signs of fertile CM since CD6. CD6 is the first stick feeding day for the CB and it definitely didn't surge - but I often don't get the surge till night time and I'm now worried I O'd really, really early and just didn't detect it :shrug: Bollocks! now I've become obsessive again I HATE TTC :growlmad: And I'm so busy at work at the mo, had OH on smiley face red alert now for 2 days!

Anyway - enough about me, hope everyone's having a relatively nice week. :hugs:

:rofl: ha ha McWooley!! I've got a sloppy vag too!! I believe the correct anatomical term is 'retroverted uterus' so there! And yes, I've been told the best position is d......e! Also read that you should flop onto your tummy to keep spermies in, rather than legs up the wall...who knows. I've tried so many post-coital positions over the past 4 years that I'm a qualified contortionist.
Hello to Prickly and Mara - we have so many new friends I can't keep up already!
Sam - are you there? xxx
Morgans, FX for you x
Hi Nise - you posted while I was typing - sorry you're having O problems, here's hoping it pops out in the next day or so x

:rofl: ha ha McWooley!! I've got a sloppy vag too!! I believe the correct anatomical term is 'retroverted uterus' so there! And yes, I've been told the best position is d......e! Also read that you should flop onto your tummy to keep spermies in, rather than legs up the wall...who knows. I've tried so many post-coital positions over the past 4 years that I'm a qualified contortionist.

Well I didn't know there was a fancy term for sloppy vag :laugh2:

Sounds like I could be heading done the contortionist route too :)

Now I know why the nurse said yoga was good for TTC it's not to relax me it's to help with the physical process rofl:

welcome all the new ladies lovely bunch of support in here, :flower:
Glowie sending lots of sticky :dust:
AFM sorry i don`t post much but i do stalk alot with not much to say but am thinking bout you all and hoping that all our journies ttc are positive
every1 else fx`d that our bfps are just around the corner x

Well I didn't know there was a fancy term for sloppy vag :laugh2:

Sounds like I could be heading done the contortionist route too :)

Now I know why the nurse said yoga was good for TTC it's not to relax me it's to help with the physical process rofl:

I knew a woman with the same problem - she had 6 kids. But she did tell me she had to reach in there and scoop close to the cervix - she was a labor & delivery nurse so didn't mind doing all those post-coital manuevers! :winkwink:

Glowie i think you said a good few pages back that you were continuing to take the maca ,(i could be wrong) if so i have been looking on info as have been considering taking it myself and found this https://www.macatalk.com/faqs/womens.html you will have to scroll down abit, if your not taking it then sorry , hope it helps ,i have found another website but am still looking for that 1 but they both say that maca is not recomended to pregnant women , fx`d for you x

Hi to all the lovely new ladies xx

Maryanne, I stopped taking it last week, I cut it down to 250mg and then being in hospital couldn't take it anyway so just stopped. I suppose I was just worried about upsetting my hormones. X

good grief!!!!!!!!!!! I have created a monster, had to scroll back pages and pages - this is awesome, hello to all the new ladies :wave:, bloody admin I knew we needed to stay where we were so that those lost lonely old geriatric 40 year olds :jo: could find us but nooooooooo they knew best we are a "group" and we just gotta be left behind and ignored just like we are in everything else!! Sorry vent over it just makes me so angry the way we were handled, I know I was a bit well lets say less than tactful at the time but sheeesh it piddled me off and a hormonal trying to get pregnant woman recovering from a miscarriage suffering anxiety has no real control over her emotions!

Well witch was due today but as per usual the bitch decides NOT to rock up when she is wanted and then when she isn't well you can guarantee she'll make her entrance in a big way!! Now I donlt know whether to plan on starting the clomid on Saturday which would have been cd3 or wait until she decides to rock up. I have not heard of taking it without waiting for your period but the FS did mention it, I should have asked more questions!! Or maybe I just wait and wait it out and if she is not here by Monday maybe it means we skip it and go straight to IUI as it will be ready for a fresh cycle to start right away. Dunno, we are hoping to give it one last bash on our own though. Ready to pick up that torch and set the snatch alight!!!

I spat my coffee (decaf) all over the keyboard just now with regards to the sloppy vag! That was hilarious. And seeing as it's me that can't keep me gob shut anyways what's wrong with doggie style?!!! I actually quite like it only prob is hubby likes it a little too much and it;s all over red rover rather too quickly when we go to that, so I normally flip over when I have had enough of other ways!! Although I am sure many of you will remember my head caught in the bed rails story of a few months back was the result of one of these times! Anywhoo hubby staying in place would be the same effect as popping in a cup? Glowie swears by these instead cup things - I need to lay my hands on some asap!!

Anywhoo hugs and loves to everyone, I have a day off all to myself today and I am going to go and get my nails done as a special treat!!

Hi ladies, i just saw this thread through a link on the over 35's whoo hoo for the over 40 ladies, now that i know you are here, can i join you ladies?

A little about me, i am 43 (Will be 44 in a couple of weeks:thumbup:) my dh is 44 we have been TTC our first since January 2008. We found out we were pg in nov 08 but sadly we lost that one, we tried and tried and nothing happend so we decided to get some help, i had my first IUI in May 09, that one did not work, we had another IUI in Aug 09 and we got pg, but lost that one also, we did another IUI in Oct 09 and we got pg, that one made it to 9 weeks, but the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and i ended up having a D&C on Christmas Eve :cry: it took me a long time after that one to want to try again, but in May 2010 i got the urge to try again, we did another IUI and got pg, but lost that one too. We did one final IUI in Nov 2010 and that one did not work. I am now out of insurance money, but not out of hope that this can and will happen. I just bought a CBFM and when/if AF shows around the 20th of the month, i will start using it, i am so excited!! Sorry for the novel ladies, i am sending tons of :dust: your way!!!!

Well, I just got bad day three FSH results. :cry: So, between that and the struggles between OH and I, I think we're going to throw in the towel. I'm so frickin sad that I don't know what to say. I wish you all the best and I know that you can all have your wee sticky baby. Thanks for being such good and dear kind friends during my roller-coaster of a journey. I just don't think there's any hope for us at this point, so. . . :hugs: I'll be checking on you girls.

Onmymind.....I was told by various clinics and consultants over the years, that women over 40 generally have only 1 in 5 viable eggs....hence the higher m/c rates and difficulties in conceiving we experience...older eggs I guess, lowered reserve to choose from....BUT....just wanted to say don't give up!! The very fact you can conceive is great news! Many women don't get that far!! Its just a question of getting that sticky one!
We can find that elusive egg I firmly believe!!:hugs::hugs:

Sam - I'm really sorry to read your post - I'm not far behind you and I'm sure lots of people will say 'DON'T GIVE UP!' and maybe they're right, but the most important thing is yours and OH's happiness together. You have so much together from what you've told us and I'm sure you can get it back. Don't forget you're still full of hormones from MC and they will be making you feel blue - so don't leave us!
Welcome to Onmymind - I can't believe you've had so many losses. :hugs::hugs: Have they tested you? In the UK if you have 3 they start investigations... Love your furbaby!
And new ladies, welcome to Miss C, the instigator of the renewal of this thread! As you can see, she's a lady who speaks her mind and says the things that none of the rest of us dare!
AFM - the witch is due today and I can feel her brewing in my nether regions. Old cow.

Hi Ladies :hi:
What a fantastic thread can I join you! :shy:

Well here's a little bit about me! I'm 40, DH is 32 and we are TTC #2 ~ we've only been trying since June so early days! Well my DH went off away to work, for 4 months, just over a week ago :cry: but we just about managed to dtd before he went :blush: so I'm on the 2ww due to test on the 10th August and losing patience!!
Good luck ladies! Sending lots and lots of :dust: to you all!

To all the new over 40s ladies, welcome!. As has been said numerous times, do not give up, your time will come. I'm 41 (42 in Dec) and this will be our first. It's took 3 years when all was said and done to get here but eventually we did. I had a MMC and 2 very early losses along the way before finally getting this little beauty growing inside me.

:dust: and good luck to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->