TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

tis quiet for sure - I'll go post a thread in the over 35's sending over 40's here!!

I think a lot of people don't know to check the User CP part and miss the updates

I always go to my subscribed threads under the quick list tab since we got moved. I spend a lot of time on the Over 35s with those girls, but I like to keep up with my Over 40s too. :)

Wow I found the thread for the 'Graduating Grannies' meaning we'll be close to 60 when this TBD child graduates high school!

So a little about me - DD 10 and DD 4 (Mc 2003)... hoping for one last shot. I went through a fertility work up and all results average for a 41 year old. We are letting mother nature take it's course

welcome JennJenn - hmm ladies a newbie let the initiations begin!!! (insert evil laugh)

Hi Jennjenn, welcome to the rollercoaster of TTC over 40 :wacko::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone :hi:

Sorry I haven't been posting, I'm still here knocking around the forum but not really posting much.....basically I just can't be arsed :blush::haha:

Sitting in limbo land...still :nope: been spotting pale brown discharge and random cramps off and on for a week now. So depressing to be honest probably because having had 2 healthy pregnancies before this just doesn't feel right...like my body is somehow trying to reject it :shrug: I'm of the frame of mind now that if it's going to be over, just be over now and put me out of my misery. Kind of pi$$ed off with EPAU as they won't see/scan me before 19th August which is almost 3 weeks away (unfair as 99% of the ladies on the PAL forums seem to be getting scans at 6 1/2 -7 weeks) so I potentially have 3 weeks of mental torture. I suppose I should feel happy and believe me I really want to, sac in the womb, progesterone excellent, blood beta doing what it should do....and I would, if I didn't feel so crap and the horrible PERIOD type cramps and discharge would go away :cry:

Hi JennJenn and welcome!!! We need new blood around here and your arrival is timely, especially when you leap in with things like Graduating Grannies!! hee hee, gotta go and check that out. What a thought!
Miss C - good to see you cheerful! Let's get some fun back on this thread!
LLB - I'm only just working out the user CP - bit of an ignoramus. I NEED a child to teach me how to use the internet!!!
Glowie - what shite that they won't scan you before that - is it worth paying privately just to get an answer? And don't give up - remember those lovely beta doublings you had and also that not every pregnancy will be the same. (Says the girl who's only managed it once for about 6 weeks :cry:)
Anyway, AFM, after my lovely wine last night :wine: I'm back on the straight and narrow today. About to go and meet my friend's baby, I know I shall cry but there you go! xx

Hi Glowstar,

Saw that you are in the Cheshire area (hey and over 40! Just like me). I'm just over the road in North Wales but have been using the Countess of Chester Hospital for my antenatal care (sadly am in the middle of a missed miscarriage as they just detected no fetal heart beat on Monday).

My advice to you, if you are worried, go to the A&E and tell them you are worried because of the cramps and I'll bet they will schedule you a scan asap.
I really hope all goes well for you. My mother had cramping and bleeding all through her pregnancies when she had my brother and I, so hopefully there is nothing to worry about.
Good luck!
Babinogi

Miss C thank you for posting the link in over 35s :)

I messed up a bit ago and deleted all my subscriptions in error and have been searching for this thread since but obviously I've been a :dohh:

Glowstar so to hear your having worries :hugs: I agree that you need to head to A&E if worried but I hope it's nothing serious and all continues to be well with this pregnancy :hugs:

Reb I hope you had a lovely time on hols :)

AFM just confused by my body today as only CD6 but temp dip and cramping but negative OPK so who knows :shrug:

But I am on my third week of a weight lose plan as my GP can't refer me to an FS until my BMI is under 35 (something to do with the health authority I'm in and their rules) I was really bummed when first told but now feeling that the weight lose is only a good thing for TTC and the BFP and pregnancy which will hopefully come soon.

Today is the first day I've obsessed about TTC and what my body is doing for 2 weeks as I've been so concentrated on weight lose and exercise :)

I hope everyone else is keeping ok and :hugs: for anyone needing one and :dust: for all waiting on their BFPs and lots of healthy, sticky thoughts for all the ladies who are pregnant x

HI
I'm bex Im 41 (May 70) and I just found this site, noticed the locals, cheshire and north wales!!
I have a gorgeous 2 year old boy Toby, have had 4 miscarriages in 18 months and just recieved a diagnosis for APS a clotting disorder, Im anxiously waiting to ovulate on CD11 but tried soy this cycle so not sure when that will happen and am praying, hoping, wishing for a gorgeous sibling for my boy and with treatment Ihope this can happen.
Bex

Welcome Bex. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but is it something you can be treated for? FX for you and :dust:

Mac - this thread was like impossible to find! So some how I have to figure out how to get notifications! I'm usually pretty good with the internet, but this sight isn't too user friendly for me! I have no idea what CP is in User CP:winkwink:

Welcome Bex. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but is it something you can be treated for? FX for you and :dust:

Mac - this thread was like impossible to find! So some how I have to figure out how to get notifications! I'm usually pretty good with the internet, but this sight isn't too user friendly for me! I have no idea what CP is in User CP:winkwink:

On the top left of the window is a link called User CP in the blue bar. It has all of the threads you have made posts in that have new posts listed. You can scroll down to subscribed threads for more options. I mostly use the CP myself.

Welcome to all the new ladies and special :hugs: to Glowie.

Macwooley and Shelley, good to see you posting again.

Hello Ladies ... I did post on this site several months ago when it was in the 2WW but lost it when it moved to discussions. I just wanted to say what a lovely warmhearted bunch you are and so supportive of each other. My heart goes out to you all with all of your individual struggles.

Anyway, briefly about me. 41, MC last Dec, but no luck since then. Just about to see FS at the Lister next Friday! Pretty sure they will recommend ICSI as OH's sperm levels last year weren't great but we didn't worry about it too much as I did get PG but sadly nowt since then. Ho hum.

Oooh ooh ooh! It's a party!!! :happydance: Wow, Miss C - one tiny complaint and you've zoomed into action and got all our new friends joining the knees up!!! Kudos x
Hello to all the newbies and welcome back McWooley!
Bex - so sorry you've had 4 losses :hugs: but great news that you have a diagnosis and can be treated.
Beetle - I'm at the Lister too - OH's spermies turn out to be a little misshapen :wacko: so we may be doing one last blast IVF in Oct/Nov. Who are you seeing there?

AFM - how weird is this? I had my smear test today (sorry newbies, but it all hangs out here!) and the locum nurse who could barely speak English said - oh, I bet you've been having trouble conceiving. I said - WTF? She said I have the smallest cervix ever and that OH must stay in for several minutes after the deed to get the little swimmers moving anywhere near it - she says it's like a pin. Whadda you know?!

PS I knew those blooming administrators shouldn't have moved this thread to Groups and Discussions...grrrrr. Miss C you were right about that too.

Reb how interesting about the cervix size!

I remember ages ago when I had my first coil fitted the doctor said my cervix was tiny and they had to snip it (ouch) to fit the coil. And whilst they have managed to fit all my replacement coils without snipping I have had some issues so maybe I need to try your nurse's advice.

TMI coming - my nurse did tell me at my last smear and coil removal in March that my vagina slops and the best position for TTC is not missionary or woman on top if you get what I mean :blush: Sorry I can't bear the term which is used for my supposed best position :blush:

Reb - how interesting is that about your cervix, well I never, definately something to bear in mind.

Macwooly - I think I've got a good idea of where you're coming from, sorry about the choice of wording but couldn't think of another term :rofl:

Truly - I took 15 minutes writing my post as I couldn't think of a pleasant way of saying it :laugh2: My nurse had no such worries and used the usual term for it which immediately sent me red :)

I've just noticed as well, I take it your vagina slopes as well and doesn't slop, although maybe it does lol

No I meant slopes - what a mistake to make :dohh: :rofl:

Glad to see all is going to plan with your pregnancy :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"