TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Great news about your O, Nise! Rock on, little eggie!
Babz4me - I'm in exactly the same boat as you, although my OH is older and we've been trying for nearly 4 years now - but stick in this thread and you'll see lots of inspiring stories. If you look at the 1st postee in the entire thread, Mumoffive - she's now Mumofsix! Good luck and stick with us x

Hi ladies
Pip recommended this thread to me
Technically I'm not 40 for 20 days but I'm gonna pop in early
Congrats Jen

I'm finding the whole ttc journey to be getting harder every cycle
I'm actually thinking I need a break fro tracking everything and have fun fir a month or so. But who knows I could change my mind in a week.

I will slowly read all the posts I only read back a few pages so far

Hi ladies
Pip recommended this thread to me
Technically I'm not 40 for 20 days but I'm gonna pop in early
Congrats Jen

I'm finding the whole ttc journey to be getting harder every cycle
I'm actually thinking I need a break fro tracking everything and have fun fir a month or so. But who knows I could change my mind in a week.

I will slowly read all the posts I only read back a few pages so far

It's a hard habit to break, but I have found a much better quality of life for not obsessing over every little fluctuating temperature. Ignorance is indeed bliss! Welcome and good luck to you :dust:

still no sign of the witch, getting really p'd off now - where the frk are you biatch!!!!

oh and another that sees holly as a big boobed jumper (she is in fact a lion I believe) :haha:

:holly: look closely!!

Helloooooooooo ... Can I join in?

We had our first little boy when I was 40 - he came at 29 weeks so I've "lived" in the Premmie forum since then :)

I'm now 42 and we've just started trying for a brother or sister for him. I fell pregnant really easily last time and we're hoping it'll be the same this time.

Hello pdmcd17. So glad you made it over here. This is a fab group of no nonsense, plain speaking grown up ladies. I swear there is nothing about TTC these ladies don't know! Ask and usually they will answer!!!

:dust: ladies.

Pip x

Welcome to pdmc whatsit! I'll get the hang of your name soon, I promise! I'm with you on the charting/temp thing - I'm just doing a few this month to pinpoint my O, then leaving well alone.
Hello also to Marleysgirl - great PMA! And you had a babby at 40, which we like to hear about on this thread!
Miss C - sorry the old cow hasn't shown - how very odd. Mine's here, but practically nothing, I think this is definitely a menopausal patch for me...urk.

I have a ? When I reas back a few pages and today's there was something about holly
Is that someone on the thread who's expecting or a term?

lol pdmcd. The reference to Holly is :holly: (ie colon then the word holly then colon) It's an emoticon that we all thought was a pair of big boobs. Turns out its not.

The ladies on here were using :holly: instead of :bfp: at one stage because there was some rule or another in the TTC forum about not posting :bfp:s here.

Pip x

What on earth is that smiley if it's not a pair of bouncing boobs?

You really don't want to hear about my first pregnancy, even if I was 40 (39 when I conceived!) - it's not a brilliant story because things went wrong - though it does have a happy ending :D I do have to say, though, that at no point was I made to feel bad for being old or treated any differently due to my age, the different treatment was necessary because of health issues that apparently could have happened if I were 20.

What on earth is that smiley if it's not a pair of bouncing boobs?

You really don't want to hear about my first pregnancy, even if I was 40 (39 when I conceived!) - it's not a brilliant story because things went wrong - though it does have a happy ending :D I do have to say, though, that at no point was I made to feel bad for being old or treated any differently due to my age, the different treatment was necessary because of health issues that apparently could have happened if I were 20.

Hi Marleysgirl

Sorry to hear about your problems in your first pregnancy, but wonderful that you have a little boy. You are in good company with Miss_C and I; both of us had our first babies at 40, both of us conceived our second at 42, but sadly, both of us lost our precious little ones at 12 weeks and we are both now 43 and trying hard to conceive again. Hence, we call each other our twin on another continent, or Twinny! I hope that you are successful at conceiving at 42 but that you don't ever have to join our 'exclusive' club :nope:

Evening all, ME POST ALERT.......................
I hope you don't mind, but I need a bit of comfort and have come to my old thread for it! I met my best friend's new baby a couple of days ago - I was really good- I didn't cry, I just held him (for about an hour!) and jiggled him and kissed his little head (loads of dark hair!) but now I'm a wreck. I can't stop thinking about him and I have so little hope left now. I'm not sure how to get myself up and running for a possible IVF with such a small chance of success and how I'll deal with it again, if it fails, or I MC. I just want to go on holding little Leo. Sorry, ladies - I know we've all been here. xxx

Ah reb i`m sure no one minds your me thread and i certainly no how you are feeling my daughter is living at home with me and her baby is due in 4 weeks so i am gonna feel the same way when her baby is born especially after my mc in may ,:hugs:
welcome to more newbies to the thread and CONGRATS Jenjen and :dust: for a happy n healthy 9 months
AFM well af was due tuesday last but hasnt shown yet got my hopes up with sympyoms slight cramping vivid dreams sore boobs and slight nausea and sensative teeth but did a test and was negative so am playing waiting game now
every1 else who is in 2ww hope it goes quickly and heres hoping for more bfps for us

I hope you don't mind, but I need a bit of comfort and have come to my old thread for it! I met my best friend's new baby a couple of days ago - I was really good- I didn't cry, I just held him (for about an hour!) and jiggled him and kissed his little head (loads of dark hair!) but now I'm a wreck. I can't stop thinking about him and I have so little hope left now. I'm not sure how to get myself up and running for a possible IVF with such a small chance of success and how I'll deal with it again, if it fails, or I MC. I just want to go on holding little Leo. Sorry, ladies - I know we've all been here. xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Reb.....you are incredibly brave a) to have been to visit, b) not to have cried and c) to have held a brand new baby. There is NOT so little hope left for you, you did it before on your last IVF and that was only last year. And give yourself a break, you have been on this painful journey for too long and it is bound to feel overwhelming at times, lots of the time I guess. You will get yourself in to the right frame of mind when the time comes and you'll get through it one day at a time and one hurdle at a time. Remember what I said about focusing on the positive % chance of success instead of the likelihood of failure. At the moment it seems like a massive mountain because you are looking at it from a distance, once you are living the reality of it, it will make you feel far more proactive, I'm sure. For me, a marathon always feels daunting in the week running up to the race while I'm tapering and resting, but once I get up on the morning of the race, the apprehension fades and I just want to get on and enjoy a couple of hours of hard work :wacko: :haha:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks girls - Spoomie, you're so wise, can I go see your counsellor?! Thanks so much and now I'm going to bed before I cry some more x

Thanks girls - Spoomie, you're so wise, can I go see your counsellor?! Thanks so much and now I'm going to bed before I cry some more x

:haha::haha::haha: Actually, those were my wise words, not hers! Poor counsellor, she has enough to deal with with my problems, let alone me taking anyone else's to the party as well!!! Seriously though, she has helped me immeasurably and I'd recommend to anyone in our position, struggling to get over a loss and with the tick of the clock deafeningly loud. You are wise yourself, it's just easier to see the wood for the trees with someone else's predicament than with one's own xx

hi, any of you girls know anything bout ov sticks ,i used sticks from day 5 of my cycle last day of af until day 22 i usually have a 28 day cycle ,each day showed a line but never got positive except the day i peed on it directly which your not supposed to do i got sick in the end and stopped poas although i peed on 1 yesterday cycle day 33 and still it showed a very faint line and i did a hpt and was negative ,so my question do our bodies produce lh all cycle , i have had completely white ov sticks in the past tho , i dont know what to think and worried that maybe i didnt ov this cycle any help appreciated , and good luck every1

yes we have lh in our system every single day so there will always be a feint 2nd line OPK's detect the surge when a great big boost of it is released to make the egg pop. Did you only test once per day? Sometimes it takes some trial and error to catch the actual surge. Mine shows late afternoon/early evening and is sometimes still there next day mid morning but after that all traces gone. More often than not though I dont catch the surge but can see the fade in fade out pattern if I line all the sticks up. And the one that is the darkest I record as a positive and this always matches up with my cm and temps, often if I remember to check, my cp as well.

I hope this helps.

OK appointment with IVF clinic done. All set and ready to roll with injectable stim cycle on FSH with trigger shot and IUI etc just need to see if we can do it ourselves this cycle with 100mg clomid - one slight problem - STILL NO FUCKING WITCH!!! Have to call FS in a couple of days if she's still not here and talk about getting it kick started, aslo going to request he monitor this cycle on the clomid so we have an idea on how aggressive to be with FSH. IF we get to that stage - really gonna throw everything we have got at this cycle. Bonk like bunny's, use preseed and the cups that dear Sammy has sent me (p.s. you need to send me payment details woman!!), keep on the maca, no caffeine, no alchemahol, only good food etc etc etc - feels good having a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->