TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Reb & Spoomie--Fingers crossed for you girls this cycle!! :hugs:

Rasha
I live in kitchener it's 1 hr west of toronto

Yeah, I know Kitchener/Waterloo - wow you guys felt it that far away! incredible. The kids said that things were shaking at home [in gatineau] but here in Ottawa at the hospital, no one felt anything :S.

Just checking in on everyone. There's nothing to report here. Going to start temping tomorrow (I keep forgetting!) and ended up resetting my CBFM. So, it's two days behind me, but it should be ok. I'm just trying to psych myself up for another round of tracking.

I really don't want another cycle with no O results. I'm not positive that I'm not Oing, but since I haven't seen one yet, AND I'm not PG, then it makes me feel sure that there are no eggs dropping.

I started Vitex this month, so hopefully that will help at some point. I know it takes a while, so I'll have to be patient. Hmph.

There are blood tests you can have done to see if you are ovulating and also check how your egg reserves are doing.

It's true, at the least on 3rd day of ur cycle, you could look at Estradiol, Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Lutenizing Hormone (LH), Prolactin Progesterone, testosterone, (there are some other analogues of these hormones which can be tested too) and there is another test [usually special labs do it here in Canada...] called the Anti-Mullerian hormone levels test, or AMH. Without getting too technical, AMH is produced when follicles grow, and can be an indicator of follicle reserve [*CAN BE*] - it is not the only indicator, but a good predictor. Some docs look at the thyroid too [TSH, T3, T4...because hypothroidism can affect fertility....that's all I can think of right now, but doing these hormones in anyone ttc, is a good baseline to know what their body is doing...imnsho.

Day 23 blood usually involves progesterone

Good afternoon ladies! Well I guess it depends where you are. Been busy and have noticed that my boobies are throbbing. Also very sensitive to smell. I also start my progestone again tonight on Day 21. I find out 8/30-31 if AF is coming. I've had those sensations before and I turned out not pregnant. It was a psychological (sp) thing because I was wanting to be pregnant...

Thanks Sam, but don't give yourself cramp! My O date is so weird and late that OH and I weren't BDing then, as I'd already gone up north. Either FFFFFF got it wrong (highly probable, i think!) or we missed out.
Maca - good stuff, OH's libido is definitely improved...! :blush::winkwink::happydance:

Good afternoon ladies! Well I guess it depends where you are. Been busy and have noticed that my boobies are throbbing. Also very sensitive to smell. I also start my progestone again tonight on Day 21. I find out 8/30-31 if AF is coming. I've had those sensations before and I turned out not pregnant. It was a psychological (sp) thing because I was wanting to be pregnant...

I know the feeling! Hope it is a BFP for you!!!!

Thanks Sam, but don't give yourself cramp! My O date is so weird and late that OH and I weren't BDing then, as I'd already gone up north. Either FFFFFF got it wrong (highly probable, i think!) or we missed out.
Maca - good stuff, OH's libido is definitely improved...! :blush::winkwink::happydance:

and if you mix it with Horny Goats it is even better ;-)

Maca - good stuff, OH's libido is definitely improved...! :blush::winkwink::happydance:[/QUOT

Hopefully the Maca helped with the Babydance....Good luck...

wooooooo hoooooooooooo just back from ultrasound and I have a big fat follicle on my right ovary measuring 20mm on cd11. I also have ones at 16.5 and 10.5 on the left so I have been given the risk of multiples talking to but she recommended we go for it!! Ovulation is imminent. Only -ive opk's so far but will check again this afternoon. CD13 is my usual day. Lining was 15.1mm which was quite thick though so not sure what that means, it normally has to be at least 8mm for implantation apparently so maybe I am just making a really nice super comfy bed for little ziggy to hit in a week or so!!

Had my bloods done too and those results are tomorrow, looking for a nice high E2 and maybe a high LH but think that may be tomorrow or Saturday.

So I called hubby and said nice early night tonight for some "gourmet sex" with a second orgasm 40 minutes after! He said I'll have to do that one cos he'll be fast asleep!! Not really into self pleasuring very much but needs must I suppose!

Still go the bloody squirts, driving me nuts I tell ya, nurse said to try and ride it out and let it pass naturally rather than any medicines. I told her I am taking the immodium as I have to be abke to DD but she said to stop it after O and see doc and get something that is safe during pregnancy.

I have stopped the maca worried that it may be that that has upset my balance. I read about it in the things you should know about maca page and diahrrea is a listed known side effect if you overbalance the endocrine system. I was doing 3000mg a day so maybe it was too much, hubby is doing 1500mg and he said he had sore kidneys yesterday.

Had accupuncture again today with concentrations on spleen, kidneys and the stomach and bowel to help cleanse the system and enrich the blood and also had needles in the child's palace, couple in my legs and feet, one in top of my head and two on my wrists. I really felt the ones in my wrists, they are supposed to help calm you and clear the mind allowing better sleep, I cannot sleep properly so maybe this is why I felt them.

Anywhoo sorry for the me post just had so much to tell you all!!

Hugs ladies

awesome Miss C!!! and I got the runs today too lol...I hear it could be the Prednisone...

That all sounds so great Twinny!!! Crossing it all for you xxx

Reb, hope you're feeling better, I am still stalking your chart xxx

Blooming FFFFF is playing with my head. She's amended my O day AGAIN to cd10??!!! At least that makes my chart look like 6dpo dip could had been...no.....I will not go there......

Miss C, the me post is just what we want to hear! Loads of luck for the next couple of days xx
Spoomie - sorry, think I'm beginning to slide down that helter-skelter!
Jennjenn - saw you popped in, how's it going? And has anyone heard from Maryanne?
x

Miss C, the me post is just what we want to hear! Loads of luck for the next couple of days xx
Spoomie - sorry, think I'm beginning to slide down that helter-skelter!
Jennjenn - saw you popped in, how's it going? And has anyone heard from Maryanne?
x

:nope: xxx

:holly::holly:Hello Ladies, just thought I'd pop in and tell you that I got a BFP at 12 DPO aged 41.4 ...it was my penultimate cycle before we were going to IUI. I'm now 16DPO and its still sticky. Fingers crossed! It came just in time for me to tell my mum (who is dying of cancer) before she deteriorated so it means the world to me! Fingers crossed this is a really sticky bean as its got to cope with the emotional rollercoaster of the next few days/weeks.

:holly::holly:Hello Ladies, just thought I'd pop in and tell you that I got a BFP at 12 DPO aged 41.4 ...it was my penultimate cycle before we were going to IUI. I'm now 16DPO and its still sticky. Fingers crossed! It came just in time for me to tell my mum (who is dying of cancer) before she deteriorated so it means the world to me! Fingers crossed this is a really sticky bean as its got to cope with the emotional rollercoaster of the next few days/weeks.

Beetle, this is truly fantastic news, particularly given your poor Mum's situation. Praying that it sticks good and fast for the next nine months. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wow!...What an inspiration this was to read!:hugs::hugs:

Congrats and wishing for the best for you!:flower:

wooooooo hoooooooooooo just back from ultrasound and I have a big fat follicle on my right ovary measuring 20mm on cd11. I also have ones at 16.5 and 10.5 on the left so I have been given the risk of multiples talking to but she recommended we go for it!! Ovulation is imminent. Only -ive opk's so far but will check again this afternoon. CD13 is my usual day. Lining was 15.1mm which was quite thick though so not sure what that means, it normally has to be at least 8mm for implantation apparently so maybe I am just making a really nice super comfy bed for little ziggy to hit in a week or so!!

Had my bloods done too and those results are tomorrow, looking for a nice high E2 and maybe a high LH but think that may be tomorrow or Saturday.

So I called hubby and said nice early night tonight for some "gourmet sex" with a second orgasm 40 minutes after! He said I'll have to do that one cos he'll be fast asleep!! Not really into self pleasuring very much but needs must I suppose!

Still go the bloody squirts, driving me nuts I tell ya, nurse said to try and ride it out and let it pass naturally rather than any medicines. I told her I am taking the immodium as I have to be abke to DD but she said to stop it after O and see doc and get something that is safe during pregnancy.

I have stopped the maca worried that it may be that that has upset my balance. I read about it in the things you should know about maca page and diahrrea is a listed known side effect if you overbalance the endocrine system. I was doing 3000mg a day so maybe it was too much, hubby is doing 1500mg and he said he had sore kidneys yesterday.

Had accupuncture again today with concentrations on spleen, kidneys and the stomach and bowel to help cleanse the system and enrich the blood and also had needles in the child's palace, couple in my legs and feet, one in top of my head and two on my wrists. I really felt the ones in my wrists, they are supposed to help calm you and clear the mind allowing better sleep, I cannot sleep properly so maybe this is why I felt them.

Anywhoo sorry for the me post just had so much to tell you all!!

Hugs ladies

Good Luck Miss C!! Hope you feel better!!! :flower:

Hurrah!!!!! Beetle, fantastic news, so happy for you! :thumbup::thumbup:
AFM, I'm away this weekend, not sure of internet so happy bank holidays to you UKers and to the rest of you, have a nice weekend! Pray it doesn't rain for our new tent's 1st outing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->