TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hiya everyone, hope ya all doin well xx

Well i was supposed to have ovulated last weekend but it seems i havent according to my temps..maybe the chemical has thrown it off a bit. Im a bit confused tho cos im getting an absoloute ton of creamy cm which i normally get in my 2ww, so my signs are conflicting at the mo.

On the plus side, if i ovulate this coming weekend my OH has said we can try (yippee) so im a bit more upbeat now

Sounds like we are in the same boat...just can't get the signs to all point in the same direction:wacko:

hey girlies
ned your opinion on something i have ibs but recently its been really bad and not clearing up. trouble is the symptoms all fit ovarian cancer and now I have scared myself silly. I had a lap in Nov and a d and c for m/c on feb so do you think if there was anything the lap would have picked it up?? i really shouldn't google symptoms x

hey girlies
ned your opinion on something i have ibs but recently its been really bad and not clearing up. trouble is the symptoms all fit ovarian cancer and now I have scared myself silly. I had a lap in Nov and a d and c for m/c on feb so do you think if there was anything the lap would have picked it up?? i really shouldn't google symptoms x

Awe, Glitter when you say lap is that short for laparoscopy? If so, then relax and breath - that is one of the methods used to detect Ovarian cancer, so I'm pretty sure they would have picked up on that. Sounds to me like you have stressed yourself out completely and this is probably contributing to the fact the ibs is not clearing up. Also, wondering if the meds you are taking for fertility reasons might be irritating the ibs - could be worth giving the clinic a call - if just to put your mind at rest. :hugs:

nise
yeah it was a laparoscopy and I am just being a worry wort!! it all started bout 8 weeks ago after 2 courses of anti biotics for kidney infection and in my heart I know this but my dad died of cancer. I don't start the meds until mon but the clinic have told me not to take my usual ibs meds so will speak to my own gp as i have appt with him on 6th Sept will just have to go back on pepermint tea and pro biotics but thanks for replying i just needed someone else to run it past and my friends alread think I am mad lol!!

Glitter it is probably just a twitch with the IBS, seeing as you have an appt soon I would def. tell the DR. about your worries. Rathered be safe than sry. Iykwim

Evening All, hope everyone is enjoying the start of the long weekend. I say long, it's not for me, I have to work on Monday a good 12 hour stretch :hissy:

Just thought I'd update on my 2nd cycle of soy. CD10 today has usually been O day for me but not today - opk negative. I'm so happy about this. :happydance:

Hi, im 42 and ttc my 6th. I have 5 children..3 older sons and two toddlers and this will be my last. Sadly i managed to conceive and got my bfp a few wks ago only to miscarry. Some days im ok, other days i miss being pregnant and feel really sad about it. Please post if you are in your forties and ttc and tell us all a little bit about yourself. TTC at this age brings so many ups and downs and frustrations...and of course happy endings too!!!!! So looking forward to chatting to you all. xxxxx

***Sharing our ups and downs BFP/Members list***:dust:

Mumoffive
Lyns
Mogsanddogs
Omi
glitterqueen
Nise
Tigerstoo
Minno
Bdwell1904
Justjack
FBbaby
Mumtofour
WannaB
Maggysy11
Sparky67
Articbaby
Pinktriffle
Flame589
mm3
Babyanise
Serendippy
Missy
Frogger3240
Inkdchick
Patboy
ANiceCuppaTea

Hi Mumof5
My names Ro i turned 40 3wks ago
I lost my little 1 a yr ago and have been tryin hard ever since!With no luck
I was at my Doc 9days ago & she has finally decided to refer me to gynae!
At last!! Im pleased about that becus it felt like i was battling her!!
Her attitude was you have 3children ur 40!! Why wud u possibly want more? I met my hubby 8yrs ago,we got married 3yrs ago and have Ben 21months old,i kno he too wants at least 1 more,hes v good to my other 2 children. I feel its my choice and i wud love at least 1more!At least!
I know there are women out there who havent been as lucky as me,and i sympathise with them,but you cant help wanting what you want!
Somebody on this site tried to make me feel guilty/greedy for wantin 1 more! Said at my age i didnt deserve any help!!How dare she! I think we all need help!We all deserve it,we may not get it!!But never the less its our business!! Im havin my 21day bloods done early Sept my Doc seems to reckon i shud have my app shortly afterwards?
I hope i havent insulted anybody or upset any1!
I would love to join this thread
Thx BabyC xx

Baby carey that is one thing I have never understood...what makes someone else a judge on anyones life. I think it is just wrong to try to tell someone else how to be happy, sad, grieve, want. Sometimes I want to say " my drivers license says grown ass woman" I can make my own breaks and own mistakes and take what comes from it. I didn't get to 44, being through everything I have been through only to need someone else to tell me how to live. I'm sry just some thread post throughout b&b this week have really got me upset. Not to me personally, but still. I was taught if you can't say something nice or productive, shutup. After reading and following (ok stalking) similar minds, it just gets me how ppl can be. Sry about the rant. Don't let anyone discourage you. Stay positive

Baby carey that is one thing I have never understood...what makes someone else a judge on anyones life. I think it is just wrong to try to tell someone else how to be happy, sad, grieve, want. Sometimes I want to say " my drivers license says grown ass woman" I can make my own breaks and own mistakes and take what comes from it. I didn't get to 44, being through everything I have been through only to need someone else to tell me how to live. I'm sry just some thread post throughout b&b this week have really got me upset. Not to me personally, but still. I was taught if you can't say something nice or productive, shutup. After reading and following (ok stalking) similar minds, it just gets me how ppl can be. Sry about the rant. Don't let anyone discourage you. Stay positive

Hi BD
Thanks for your support xx
I mean that!! I hate when other peoples narrow minds spoil others lives
I dont understand that!Im the type of girl who says "good on ya ya got what ya wanted" not the 1 who says F**K her i wanted that!Im gonna spoil sumbodys day with my big mouth and begrudgery!!
Sorry im not gonna start a rant here!! I understand we all have our own minds and voice our opinions but how dare anybody tell me at 40!!40!! What to do!How to live my life! NO WAY! I am v proud to b my own person
Thanks again xx BD

Welcome Babycarey - Sorry you got the raw end of someone else's bitterness. I try to remain pretty open minded on here, but sometimes it is hard.

Well Ladies, I am pretty disillusioned with ttc today. All my fertility signs seem to contradict each other. For the last 2 days my temps have gone up and I fully expect FF to put in dotted cross lines for a CD9 O. Yesterday I did 2 opk's one at around midday which was negative and a 2nd one at 6.30pm which was positive (I use the smiley face ones so no line squinting required). I had quite a lot of pain in my right ovary late last night and this morning opk is again negative and any fertile CM has dried up. So I think I o'd on CD10 but will probably spend the whole cycle not really knowing coz of conflicting data. So I don't think the soy has had any impact on anything this cycle and I am left here confused.com and a tad fed up.

Sorry to share a low, I much prefer sharing the highs :growlmad:

Nise
don't give up maybe u were gearing up to ov but never quite made it? I know what you mean about conflicting results I had that last month too loads of ewcm early on then dried up but got a positive opk. Maybe there are two eggies making their way out .... heres to twins lol
I am day cd 19 and 6 days past ov I think and have really bad pelvic pain and sore boobs but trying not to read into them .. start ivf tabs tomorrow 8 am no lie in for me
take care xx

Nise
don't give up maybe u were gearing up to ov but never quite made it? I know what you mean about conflicting results I had that last month too loads of ewcm early on then dried up but got a positive opk. Maybe there are two eggies making their way out .... heres to twins lol
I am day cd 19 and 6 days past ov I think and have really bad pelvic pain and sore boobs but trying not to read into them .. start ivf tabs tomorrow 8 am no lie in for me
take care xx

Thanks Glitter, who knows hey, I wouldn't mind twins except maybe for the giving birth bit Ouchee x 2 :rofl: With regard to symptoms, I never used to get any till the soy! :ignore::ignore::ignore: How hard is that though! :hugs:

my friend had twins - she said the worst bit was breathing a sigh of relief then realizing she had to do it all again!! lol

my friend had twins - she said the worst bit was breathing a sigh of relief then realizing she had to do it all again!! lol

:rofl: Good point.

Well, Ladies still no crosshairs - guess tomorrow will confirm a possible CD12 O. Am getting a bit fed up of this now.

It's very quiet around here apart from you Glitter! Hope everyone is okay and just keeping busy. :hugs:

Hello everyone...how are we all doin?

Got a few days off work and its been bliss lol, and had fab weather too!

I got a massive dip on my chart yesterday and it went back up high today....id normally be really excited about that cos it looks like an implantation dip.....but.....ive not had any sex at all during me fertile window lol. I keep looking at it longly thinkin why cant that happen on other months lol.

Hi all,
Well I'm opk'ing with a vengeance this cycle. I need to know if I'm actually ov'ing. I'm still breastfeeding which can apparently delay ov so if I don't get a positive opk test I'm gonna start taking vitex next cycle. I'm a woman with a mission now! lol.
Yes it is quiet on here...let's hope it's cos there are some bfp's happening and the ladies are too busy celebrating to log in eh? :)

Evening all. So having been waiting for cross hairs for what seems to be like ages now, and then all of sudden I put in this mornings temp dip and I am, according to FF 5 dpo!!! - I'm sure I have no idea what's going on. To be honest I am wondering if this cycle turns out to be anovulation. :shrug:

thats disapointing Nise- this ttc is so difficult have a big cyber hug!! Just keep b'ding- never say never and its always when you least expect it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->