TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Im 44 and this will be my 5th baby. I lost my first when he was 3. Im divorced and been with Chris for 2 years now and we'd very much love to have a baby together...i know how much he'd love to be a father for the first time. Ive had bleeding too-i suspect my period but it was a brown colour to start with on and off for 2 days...very upsetting and worrying. Im a bit of a hippy girl and i love top gear...so...well thats me. x

Hi Hun and welcome ,I am 44 too and trying for my fifth ,so sorry for your loss ,that must have been heartbreaking ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome to all the new friends! We all wish we weren't here, but it's a great group so I hope that you also find the support you need.

So, how did I arrive here? I am 43, I had 2 mc before my DS was born in August 2008 and then a further mc last November which truly broke my heart. At 12+2 I really believed that I had made it out of the woods so the road has been very hard for me since then but my friends here are amazing. Hmmm, 3 mcs and only 1 beautiful baby makes me sound pretty clumsy! Not a hint of good news since last mc, despite well timed bd pretty much every month. Tried herbalist for 6 months which I believe actually stuffed my cycle rather than helping, then reflexology which has been amazingly relaxing and my latest weapon is acupuncture, I've been for 4 sessions now and I believe it has really helped me come out of the woods. I am now just about able to accept that there is a greater chance of it not happening, than happening for us but as all others, I still pray for a super sprightly egg one of these months that makes it all the way. I rattle with supplements and I temp, but I feel that I am almost ready to loosen my obsession with both and take a more 'if it's going to happen then it will happen....' approach, not quite there yet though!

Reb, that's a good enough reason not to come and live here!!! I'm lucky that my MIL is living in Australia at the moment!!! What a fab idea to surprise OH, hope you're having a GREAT time

Twinny, you are wise and your words are rational, but then I knew that already, you are my twin!

Beetle, you are brave and I hope you're on the road to recovery x

How is everyone doing?

I am now 7 dpo and trying not to symptom spot but not succeeding!

I have cramps and pulling but is this just my stupid head playing games with me??

AARRRRRGGGHHHHH

How is everyone doing?

I am now 7 dpo and trying not to symptom spot but not succeeding!

I have cramps and pulling but is this just my stupid head playing games with me??

AARRRRRGGGHHHHH

Hang in there. I'm also 7 dpo.

AFM: Nothing new to report. I've followed Spoomie and Reb's advice and am not temping now after O. I think it's made me lose even more interest in the whole thing. But it has also made me calmer and more accepting of whatever comes of this cycle. So thanks Reb and Spoomie!

Hiya all, room for a little one?

I dont come on BnB so much nowadays cos in all honesty i do find it a little depressing at times, when i see loads of women who seem to have little problem getting pregnant..and even worse when they are on their second pregnancy when im still here waiting for my first :-(

Anyway a little about me...im Paula and im 44, 45 in feb *sob*. Been trying for just over 2 years for our first and having no luck whatsoever. Ive had some health probs though over the last few months which has hindered things, but fortunately im back to ovulating regularly so im living in hope. Ive had one BFP in just over 2 years and that ended in a chemical. Not had a whiff of one since.

Do you think we can still concieve at this age? Anyone out there who knows people who have gotten pregnant at 44+?

you've got to have something to cling on to havent ya

Hiya all, room for a little one?

I dont come on BnB so much nowadays cos in all honesty i do find it a little depressing at times, when i see loads of women who seem to have little problem getting pregnant..and even worse when they are on their second pregnancy when im still here waiting for my first :-(

Anyway a little about me...im Paula and im 44, 45 in feb *sob*. Been trying for just over 2 years for our first and having no luck whatsoever. Ive had some health probs though over the last few months which has hindered things, but fortunately im back to ovulating regularly so im living in hope. Ive had one BFP in just over 2 years and that ended in a chemical. Not had a whiff of one since.

Do you think we can still concieve at this age? Anyone out there who knows people who have gotten pregnant at 44+?

you've got to have something to cling on to havent ya

Hi Seren, I just wanted to say hello! Good luck with your TTC journey-I'm glad that you are back to feeling well.

I know that I have mentioned this to Butterfly on another forum, but have you had your amh levels checked? They can gauge your ovarian reserve (i.e how many eggs you have left), and whether it would be worth your while to carry on naturally, push for IVF or look at donor eggs. You can have it on the NHS, but if not, the test costs about £70 privately. I personally think that it is invaluable.

Royal Jelly and bee pollen are recommended by some and I have been recommended Paradox omega oils-all to improve egg quality. I am also on DHEA following my unsuccessful IVF in the summer. It is an anti ageing steroid (!!) that has proven results in increasing egg quantities and egg quality. You don't need a prescription for it, but you may want to check with your GP first. I take 75 mg per day. It is meant to take about 3 months to improve things, with optimum results after 6 months. Worth a go?

Anyway, good luck hun! Hope your TTC journey is short!
x:hugs:

welcome back serendippy :hi: - there was a lady on here a few months ago who had just had a baby naturally at 45 I think (or was it 47?!) but they do seem to be few and far between :nope:

Welcome Dans Mummy - I'm so sorry you lost a 3 year old - that's so sad xxx Good luck with TTC and stick with us x
Welcome to Dwrigi as well - sorry I think I got your name wrong! Sorry you had to join us in the over 40's TTC but here's hoping your stay will be short. My AMH is crappy too, so we're in the same boat x
Beetle - you sound amazing, I'm so glad the memorial went well and that you managed to hold off until afterwards. What a day, my goodness. Here's lots of hugs that you keep your wonderful PMA. I'm with Dr Parikh as well - she is VERY glam, isn't she! Still not sure whether we're going for it this month yet - something else popped up which has distracted us -

WAIT FOR IT! THE ELUSIVE RING TURNED UP ON MY FINGER!!! Yes, he got down on one knee on Camber Sands, our very special place and asked me to marry him! Apparently I just burst into tears and didn't reply but then I finally said yes, yes, yes! Happy day xxxx

Welcome Dans Mummy - I'm so sorry you lost a 3 year old - that's so sad xxx Good luck with TTC and stick with us x
Welcome to Dwrigi as well - sorry I think I got your name wrong! Sorry you had to join us in the over 40's TTC but here's hoping your stay will be short. My AMH is crappy too, so we're in the same boat x
Beetle - you sound amazing, I'm so glad the memorial went well and that you managed to hold off until afterwards. What a day, my goodness. Here's lots of hugs that you keep your wonderful PMA. I'm with Dr Parikh as well - she is VERY glam, isn't she! Still not sure whether we're going for it this month yet - something else popped up which has distracted us -

WAIT FOR IT! THE ELUSIVE RING TURNED UP ON MY FINGER!!! Yes, he got down on one knee on Camber Sands, our very special place and asked me to marry him! Apparently I just burst into tears and didn't reply but then I finally said yes, yes, yes! Happy day xxxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I want to see a picture of the ring now YEY!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHH! Reb, HUGE congratulations!!! And how romantic, I know it is your special place as I remember you going there to release your balloon in May :cry: Such happy news when we are all feeling a bit fed up with our collective lot! In fact, it's utterly amazing news, thank heavens you booked the luxury room, but more to the point, why had HE not booked it in anticipation of you saying yes?! :haha::haha::haha: Must dash, off to buy a 'cyber-hat' I'm delighted for you :happydance::happydance::happydance:

CONGRATULATIONS :happydance: So pleased for you and how romantic :)

Wonderful news, Reb!!!! Congrats to you and wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love. :flower:

Reb - huge congratulations, did you have any idea it was coming at all? I too love Camber Sands, very beautiful spot, I love all of that area down there, even considered moving to Hastings once! And my dear Twinny I used to spend a LOT of time in Kingston, my profile pic on FB a couple of pics back was me having a beer outside the Bishop Pub when I went back to UK a couple of years back!

Well I am officially in the tww but I will call it wfw cos we only did it that once in the morning, I am so not in the right head space right now. Give it a few more days and I hope to be able to grab him for some just for fun. I want to be able to do that without thinking could this be the one etc etc etc. So in approx 13 or 14 days I will pop off to the chemist to grab my clomid and by then we will be so into the groove we will be right back in the swing of another bunny month.

I sent a feedback to Cheri telling her my cycle last month and her prediction was right but wrong and she wrote back saying so so very sorry for the miscarriage and that they are now telling her November. My lady that I went to see a while back said she saw 2 babies but not the word twins. Maybe this loss was number 1 of the 2 and the next will be the right egg that ziggy hitches a ride with. She also said November.

Dans Mum my heart goes out to you, my little one turns 3 in a couple of weeks and I cannot begin to imagine how you get out of bed each day - what an amazing mum you must be.

Now then must off to the cyber milliner for that hat!!

Twinny, shall we go together so that we will match? Or shall we just trust to twin telepathy from the opposite sides of the world? :haha: xxx

Ditto to Dan's Mum, amazing, and I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. With only one precious boy to my credit I cannot even imagine your pain without feeling physically ill. I'm assuming from your post that you have other children and I can only think that you would draw your strength to breath in and out from them. Huge respect to you x

Welcome to yet more new friends on our discussion thread x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->