TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Thank you all for your good wishes, lovely ladies and yes, I will post a pic of the ring as soon as I work out how!
Miss C - good luck for the 2ww - you never know!
Dan's Mum - the others were much more eloquent than me in their expression of your loss - sorry I didn't know what to say to you, but I echo those sentiments xxx

Reb, what are you doing here? Surely you should be looking at wedding dress sites or booking your honeymoon online?! :haha:

Ha ha ha! haven't set a date yet. OOooh, BnB has gone all arty-farty on us...

OMG Reb and you were only saying a few months ago how you hadn't got the ring yet. Now get those cruise brochures laid out on every surface and plant the seed lol. great news xx

Good luck for your scan today, Truly - FX'ed for Ava x

Welcome Dans Mummy - I'm so sorry you lost a 3 year old - that's so sad xxx Good luck with TTC and stick with us x
Welcome to Dwrigi as well - sorry I think I got your name wrong! Sorry you had to join us in the over 40's TTC but here's hoping your stay will be short. My AMH is crappy too, so we're in the same boat x
Beetle - you sound amazing, I'm so glad the memorial went well and that you managed to hold off until afterwards. What a day, my goodness. Here's lots of hugs that you keep your wonderful PMA. I'm with Dr Parikh as well - she is VERY glam, isn't she! Still not sure whether we're going for it this month yet - something else popped up which has distracted us -

WAIT FOR IT! THE ELUSIVE RING TURNED UP ON MY FINGER!!! Yes, he got down on one knee on Camber Sands, our very special place and asked me to marry him! Apparently I just burst into tears and didn't reply but then I finally said yes, yes, yes! Happy day xxxx

Thank you Reb, and HUGE congratulations! How very romantic!
xx

Me post alert - Urk...am not well. Got laryngitis and temperature and feel like shite. Can't speak. OH thinks it's funny. Not sure if it would affect the IVF - we were going to discuss it today but it'd be a rather one-sided conversation!
Ooops, I just nearly pulled my engagement ring off, thinking it was a scrunchy! ha ha ha!
Anyway, how is everyone? Great news from our old friend Truly Blessed - after a heart scare her bean has checked out perfect (26 weeks)
Beetle - how're you doing? And Miss C?
Sam, you've been very quiet lately...!
Come on girls, give me some news as I can't have conversations at the moment!

Reb, sorry to hear you're not well, wishing you better soon x And that must be one heck of an engagement ring if it's as big as a scrunchy, photo required asap!!!

Sam, yes, quiet from you. Your last post sounded a bit low, I hope that not temping is turning out to be a good thing and that you are feeling less despondent. Hoping that the 'less is more' approach works for you this month. I haven't forgotten about the blood strengthening foods list from my acupuncturist it's just that I am always upstairs when I think of it and it is downstairs, I will definitely do it tomorrow xx

AFM, nothing going on here. CD6, usually my first day that CBFM asks for a stick but I completely forgot to switch it on this morning so perhaps that means that I am finally achieving nirvana in terms of relaxing about this whole sorry saga. I have to say that it feels more like resignation, but perhaps I should view even that as progress. My temp sky rocketed this am after I spent last night feeling achey and shivery and convinced I was getting a flu bug. Nothing transpired and today I feel fine but bizarrely, the very same thing happened on cd6 on my last pregnancy chart from August a year ago......straws, clutching.....

Hi girls,

I know I've been quiet. Struggling a bit. Didn't rebound from the last hag quite as well as I normally do and this cycle has been a bitch. Super huge painful boobs, ridiculously sore nips (only ever had that with the first pregnancy), and now today, some strange pink spotting. 9dpo and spotting? Trying not to freak out and assume that I feel so crappy because I'm periomenopausal. My birthday is tomorrow. Not feeling it. OH will be back for the weekend, but things are strained again because my job prevents me from flying around as I could over the summer. Men. They encourage you to do something and then, when you do it, they find a way to punish you for it. And everyone around me is preg. So that basically sucks too. Sorry. A bit grumpy.

Anyway. Now you're probably wishing I were still quiet. :( But can you please tell me that I am not totally out of huevos. Lie, if you must, but the eve before my birthday, I need some optimism. :(

Hi girls,

I know I've been quiet. Struggling a bit. Didn't rebound from the last hag quite as well as I normally do and this cycle has been a bitch. Super huge painful boobs, ridiculously sore nips (only ever had that with the first pregnancy), and now today, some strange pink spotting. 9dpo and spotting? Trying not to freak out and assume that I feel so crappy because I'm periomenopausal. My birthday is tomorrow. Not feeling it. OH will be back for the weekend, but things are strained again because my job prevents me from flying around as I could over the summer. Men. They encourage you to do something and then, when you do it, they find a way to punish you for it. And everyone around me is preg. So that basically sucks too. Sorry. A bit grumpy.

Anyway. Now you're probably wishing I were still quiet. :( But can you please tell me that I am not totally out of huevos. Lie, if you must, but the eve before my birthday, I need some optimism. :(

:hug:
at 9 dpo it could be implantation spotting

Reb, sorry about the sore throat, there does seem to be a bug like that going around here so maybe it is a global thing...

Sam, yes, I thought the same as LL, possible implantation spotting at 9dpo, especially with sore boobs :winkwink: And Happy Birthday for tomorrow :cake:

Good news about truly then :thumbup:

AFM, totally not feeling it this month, for a change I feel like I might not even bother testing unless something changes. Have been encouraged a bit with articles saying a 5% morphology is not so bad but the timing this month was either spot on or completely out depending if I O'd before I got to London :(

I didn't do many supplements Butterfly, but the FS did encourage my DF to take zinc and selenium for what he decribed as slight morphology issues. Can't say it worked but we did get BFP the very next cycle. I can't remember what you said he was taking.

Sam, :hugs::hugs: I know that you KNOW it could be implantation, but then, the drop off the cliff is harder when one gets one's hopes up during 2ww, seeing things and then being disappointed, so, as ever, guard your heart. You are definitely NOT NOT NOT out of eggs, you have been pregnant twice in less than a year! There is still a good chance for you to do it again. The dips are so painful to bear for you because you are essentially alone to deal with them, with no one there to help lift you out of them and communication between you and OH is an added complication, but I'm sure he's only being a typical man. I really hope that he can build some bridges and redeem himself over your birthday weekend and that life picks up soon. Well done to you for not temping, keep it up, fill your birthday with cake and friends while you wait for him to arrive. ending you lots of love xxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I didn't do many supplements Butterfly, but the FS did encourage my DF to take zinc and selenium for what he decribed as slight morphology issues. Can't say it worked but we did get BFP the very next cycle. I can't remember what you said he was taking.

Thanks truly, I did buy him 3 months supply of zinc before I left and am hoping he gets some Wellman Conception too as I have told him that would be good. Good to hear that you got your BFP on the next cycle :thumbup:

Me post alert - Urk...am not well. Got laryngitis and temperature and feel like shite. Can't speak. OH thinks it's funny. Not sure if it would affect the IVF - we were going to discuss it today but it'd be a rather one-sided conversation!

Hi Reb, sorry to hear you're not well. If it helps you, I had a bad cold just before my IVF, and the FS didn't seem to think it would make much difference. She wasn't at all bothered about it anyway!

Hope you're better soon,
Ax:thumbup:

AFM, nothing going on here. CD6, usually my first day that CBFM asks for a stick but I completely forgot to switch it on this morning so perhaps that means that I am finally achieving nirvana in terms of relaxing about this whole sorry saga. I have to say that it feels more like resignation, but perhaps I should view even that as progress. My temp sky rocketed this am after I spent last night feeling achey and shivery and convinced I was getting a flu bug. Nothing transpired and today I feel fine but bizarrely, the very same thing happened on cd6 on my last pregnancy chart from August a year ago......straws, clutching.....

Let's hope that those are all good vibes!!! I'm crossing fingers for you!

Is it worth getting a CBFM???

Hope you're okay?
Ax :hugs:

Hi girls,

Couldn't 9DPO spotting be implanatation??? OO-eer, hang on in there girl!
:hugs:

Thanks Dwrgi, I have kind of stopped getting excited these days, unless I am temping at 12dpo and looking good, then I indulge myself a little! I have a CBFM, switched it on this am and contemplated feeding it a stick, but decided against it as I only have 7 left in the box and hoped I might get a 'perfect' 14v14 cycle again this month and then miss the peak days if I run out of sticks. I think I will try to resist the temptation to hold up Amazon shares all on my own by buying yet more once these run out and instead to revert to the regular sex as opposed to well timed sex, which, after all has done b*gger all for us so far!!! Trying so so hard to loosen my obsessive grip on this situation.........x

Sam, sorry to hear you are feeling shite - lots of hugs for tomorrow and have a good birthday. FX'ed it's implantation...xxxx
Thanks for all your well-wishes - I had lots of sympathy at work today, as if you speak with no voice in front of 100 people they all know you're sick! hee hee.
Dwrgi - thanks for info re IVF - we're still pondering... will look at dates for the next few months just in case x

Well, it was the hag, arriving for my flipping birthday. How nice of her, huh?

On a positive note (I'm doing my best here), maybe this means that OH and I will actually be together this time during O (since I now seem to be Oing earlier). So there's that. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->