TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Reb!!! Those odds are better than a natural cycle at our age, please go for it!!!!

Reb, Maryanne is right, you feel more upbeat in your tempo (excuse the analogy) than I have heard you sound in a while. I am thrilled that you finally have a consultant who is not a doom and gloom misery merchant, hopefully OH likes this one too?! Tomorrow should be a great day for you guys; he finds out about job and you say "YES!!!" to beginning treatment. There is no other answer, you know that really, and you know how badly I want you to have that little person sleeping soundly upstairs (that post still brings tears to my eyes when I think of it) and you have to put your fears to one side and grab this with both hands :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Reb I just know that you know you'd always be wondering if you didn't grab this opportunity now. You have a great chance here so grab it with both hands and run with it. I'm crossing everything and willing this to happen for you. x

Reb - sounds like your FS appointment went really well. I say go for it too, you've got nothing to loose and whole heap to gain. Good luck to you. :hugs:

Beetle and Miss C, I am so sorry to read about your recent loses - gutted for you both and wishing you much strength during this sad time. :hugs:

Glowie - great to see your ticker ticking along nicely. :happydance:

Ooo and hello to Truly - nice to see you back and with only 3 boxes left to tick.

AFM - I've kind of been around but not. Am in a much better place now in my head and heart, still hoping and doing my bit for England!!! but not like a demented lunatic anymore, life's good and I'm off for a few days break with my bff to Palma on Fri :happydance: looking forward to soaking up a few rays. Unfortunately :witch: is probably gonna gate crash - she is so gonna be pickled! :rofl:

Reb: Those odds sound really good!! I'd say go for it! Do they do the PGD over there before they put the wee baby back in? That should increase the odds even more, no?

Hey ladies. Just wanted to check in, since I've been AWOL. I still don't have any definite news except that my PCOS panel came back with all normal results. We're doing an ultrasound on the ovaries and uterus a week from Thursday to see if that's all normal. If so, then our only other option is a FS. With the normal results and my erratic cycles, it looks more like early menopause. :shrug:

There are other things going on right now though that I don't want to get into, but needless to say - I don't think actively TTC is an option, so I think I should just call it NTNP for the time being.

I've missed a lot here, but I saw that several of you need HUGE HUGS. So, please know that I'm thinking of you ALL and hoping for the best for everyone.

Hang in there! :hugs:

Morning all and thanks so much for your kind messages of support - I think Spoomie has summed it up - I'm just scared. Scared of getting off my nice even keel that I've found again after so many months, scared of possible miscarriage and even more scared of actually finally being a parent after so many years and at such advanced ages!! How do I deal with all that lot?
Nise - great to see you again, and Shelley too xxx hugs all round

PS Sam, no PGD for me - last time I only got one and a bit blastocysts and they wouldn't dare do it unless you have at least 3, so we'll just have to take our chances. Think they can maybe do it ealier in the US but not here yet....

Morning all and thanks so much for your kind messages of support - I think Spoomie has summed it up - I'm just scared. Scared of getting off my nice even keel that I've found again after so many months, scared of possible miscarriage and even more scared of actually finally being a parent after so many years and at such advanced ages!! How do I deal with all that lot?
Nise - great to see you again, and Shelley too xxx hugs all round

Go with it in hopes but have no expectations...if that is even possible :winkwink:

I think that is the best so no matter what you will be ok (to an extent) and you may be pleasantly surprised!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Scared is okay, Reb. Scared is NORMAL. What's the quote? Courage isn't not being afraid, it's moving forward when you are afraid? Something like that. In any case, I say follow your heart. Deep down you know what's right for you and that's what you should do. And no matter what, we'll have your back. :friends:

Awww, Sam, thanks SO much for saying that! You guys are just the best support anyone could have.
Hoping Beetle is okay today, I think it's her Mum's memorial...or is it next week? Anyway, lots of hugs x

Spoomie---YOOO HOOO. 16dpo??? :)

this brought me screaming out of retirement - WHAT? Spoomie?

Reb - go for it honey - a lifetime of regret otherwise. We only regret the things we don't do not the ones we do.

I am back in the saddle, ntnp this month but next back on the clomid etc

I love you ladies, you are my absolute rock. I am so touched that you got so excited for me. Sadly, I knew it was a no hoper, temps falling, falling and now cd1. However, I am not too distressed; when I revert back to Advanced setting and let FFF put my O day at cd14, that means that I have had the perfect 14v14 day cycle, not achieved since January this year. I am crediting this to acupuncture. Hoping for a heavy period (???!!!) as acupuncturist thinks my lining has not been thick enough and that her work and the 'blood friendly foods' are going to help. We'll see, onwards and upwards. Love you and big hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Twinny, zoo happy to have you back my sweetie, and wise words to Reb.......x

oh Spoomie, I'm so disappointed for you, but what a great cycle! Fantastic that you got a perfect 14/14 xxx
Miss C, so lovely to see you back here! It has been very quiet without you and I hope you're feeling better. Great that you're going for it again next month xxx

Miss C, glad to see you back :hugs: and spoomie :hugs: for cd1

AFM I may be out for good. BF got his SA results and it is low morphology with it being unlikely I would get pg naturally. He will get actual numbers on Mon, so will decide from there.

Spoomie - bugger and poop!! Ya know the "perfect" cycle according to the ancient chinese stuff is 29.5 days which is af arriving in the afternoon of the 30th day!!

Accupuncture definitely changed my period, it is supposed to be bright red, no dark stuff or clots etc and just like someone turned on a tap steady flow and then turned off again, no spotting etc etc that was EXACTLY what I got last cycle which produced the bfp. I really think our issue is just my eggs so gonna keep pumping away till we find a good one - at least that's the plan at this stage.

Bad news on the maca front, it does NOT agree with me - *TMI Alert* but I farted this arvo and it wasn't a fart!!! I cannot get up over 1000mg without my guts going to holy hell! 1500mg is the minimum for any effect apparently so now looking for something else that will help with egg quality, Anyone got any ideas?

Butterfly can you do IUI? It is relatively cheap compared to other options, if you get a monitored cycle so they can confirm a follicle and O etc they do a sperm wash and only pop back the good ones and by popping them in the right spot they don't use up all their energy to get there.

Twinny, didn't know that about 29.5 day cycle but I am just thankful to make it to 28!!! It's so weird that you say that about the type of bleeding (apologies for more TMI) but I thought this morning that it is much brighter bleeding than normal. For me, the biggest change is in my mood and my feeling of wellbeing, so I feel far more able to cope with the previously unthinkable, 'What if this doesn't end happily ever after...?' and I am hoping that this shift in my stress levels surrounding ttc can only be a positive thing. Sorry about the maca, I think that fish oil has a positive effect too? I now have a ridiculous amount of supplements in my arsenal, it's embarrassing, I even hide some of them from DH! I read a thread on Over 35s board (I'm pretty sure) about wheatgerm oil and brewers yeast and I can't recall if that was for egg quality or regulating cycle length, so you may want to do a search for the thread???

Butterfly, so sorry to hear that about SA. Would you consider going with Miss C's suggestion for IUI and anonymous donor sperm?

Reb, thanks for caring

Enjoy the sunshine to all UK ladies today. What a treat for end of September!!! xxx

Spoomie--Sorry about the hag, but that cycle does, indeed sound much better and YOU sound much better, which is critical. :hugs: Share your blood making food list if you get the chance.

Miss C: I take Maca and it works for me. At least, since I started taking it, things started seeming more normal. Can you take a different form of it? In fact the kind I am taking suggests taking 2000 mg max per day (two capsules in the morning and then 1-2 in the afternoon), but I never have any intestinal issues with it.

Butterfly: Aw, honey. What about a sperm donor? Check out FSDR.com Or the IUI. You're not entirely out of options yet.

Reb: How are you?

AFM: So I guess I did O, finally. Not that CBFM caught it, for some reason. Maybe the day it didn't ask me for a stick? Who knows. I think I need to replace the batteries in that thing when the hag comes this cycle. Woke up this morning feeling like I was on fire again. And had some seriously crazy bad dreams that have left me feeling sad and unhappy. I hate dream hangover. I sure hope that this isn't the big M creeping up on me. Anyway. Not much chance of a BFP this cycle as I only used the shipped :spermy:s on Friday night and Oed some time on Monday. I suppose there's A small chance, but, I doubt it.

Thanks ladies, yes I had only really thought about IVF but I think I need to look into IUI for sure :thumbup: I don't really want to use a SD if possible as I believe a father is important in a child's life but I might mull that one over for a bit.

Miss C, there is something else that might help that someone on another thread pointed out but I am on a different laptop today and don't have the link saved about a report that showed more ivf patients got eggs that were fertilised when they took melatonin, to those who didn't take it - I think it was about 50% to 22%. I had not heard of melatonin before but apparently it is a sleep aid. And I don't know how much you are supposed to take - it said the patients took 3mg but it didn't say how often...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->