TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I just looked at my cycle last month which was the month off cycle following the chemical and I had the drop at 9 dpo and the witch rocked up early at 12dpo. So now I am not so hopeful :)

I have to admit to seeing lots of big drops on 9dpo on pregnancy charts FX Miss_C :flower:

Doing a ton of reading this morning and it looks like the whole implantation dip is actually a myth, there is no scientific evidence that it is real. Something like 11% of charts show a dip, the most likely cause is the shift in hormones around that time of the natural cycle when the estrogen tries to kick in which is what brings on the lower temps but if a pregnancy has occurred ie implanted by that stage the progesterone production will jump hence the triphasic chart. A chart will go triphasic in most pregnancy cases for a little while when that increase in progesterone happens but most likely will not be maintained but go back to regular post O temps but remain well above the cover line. This would explain bfp's on the same day as a so called implantation dip. If it was really an "implantation dip" then a bfp would not be possible until at least 2 days after.

Hi ladies

Butterfly - yes, i read back through this thread from about mid Aug the other night, (took a while!) and i think the decision to ttc with your ex was a very brave and positive one. Would you consider going down the doner sperm clinic route?

gaf - you made me smile with all your packages and gagets bewildering your OH. Sorry about your eratic cycles. I think its a good idea to have an idea of how long to go on before going back to docs. I feel i'm drifting at the mo, need to decide what to do.

miss c - sympathies with the temp drop/ID stress. The researching i did a couple of months ago came up with the conclusion that ID's are a myth too. <hugs> Hang in there hun - see what happens.

Well - my temp has gone up again today, but FF has now decided my ov is undetectable. Never had this before and i dont get it as i just cant see any significant difference between this month and past months. Really frustrating. Clicking on 'details' now says i need a pos OPK, ewm and 3 temp rises to show an ov - and it looks to me like i've got all those things!!! So what's the bloody problem ?? :growlmad::wacko::cry:

love to all x

Morning all, I have my fingers crossed for you, Miss C - here's hoping the temps pop back up tomorrow morning, implantation dip or not.
Gaf - I know what you mean! OH has put up with so much over the last few years, including spurting pre-seed, bleeping thermometers, struggles to insert cups - it's unbelieveable what we go through to get that BFP!!!
AFM, wedding dress shopping! That's how I feel - that there probably won't be a BFP so I may as well buy the dress and guess what - got it 70% reduced!!!!! I'm embarrassed at how little I've spent on it, hee hee.

well having completely debunked the implantation dip I now have a temp higher than any of my others!!! Stoopid bloody chart. I did take temp at normal time but I did have a bit of a disturbed sleep I kept waking up wide awake, I didn't get up or anything but that may have affected things.

And Rebs way to go on the dress, I think it is totally stooooopid the amount some people spend on a dress they are going to wear once and for a total of about 12 hours! I am addicted to that say yes to the dress show and I seriously wonder if wedding does things to epopels brains and if any of them can actually see in the mirror especially the atlanta one!!!

But even without 70% off who cares if it doesn't fit in a few months time cos of your belly!!! If you have a big belly by then walk down the aisle naked!!!!

LOL Miss_C about the temps - I temped his morning but the problem is since we put the clocks back an hour last weekend I keep waking up an hour early to temp at 5.30am instead of 6.30am (and then can't get back to sleep). So I took my temp this morning when I woke up and it was 36.47 then lay there for 5 minutes and thought I would try my other thermometer that I had to buy when at the ex's cos I left mine behind and it came up as 36.6 so I gave up and didn't bother entering anything!:shrug:

Reb, excellent on the 70% off the wedding dress :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hee hee, Miss C - that made me laugh, the image of me strutting my stuff down the aisle in my birthday suit!!!
Butterfly - I had two thermometers at one point and they were out by entire degrees!
xx

you could cover the top boobie bits with a the veil and the bouquet would cover the below lady bits and your belly would be the main attraction! Flippin awesome I say although if you were getting married in a church I reckon the priest may keel over!

just for shits and giggle I did a chart overlay with ziggy's first big attempt. I have over laid them at the "implantation dip bit!! O was at minus 9 and 6. Amazing what you can do with charts hey!!!! Just did an IC test, again just for shits and giggles and it is VERY VERY white!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/journal/rev8x5okb.png

IF yesterday was an ID (nopt that they exist!!) then tomorrow would be the soonest anything MAY show up on a test anyway but it's good to have a base to start from and I needed to feed my additction it's been almost 2 weeks since I peed on a stick!!

Was going to wait until Friday when AF was due but after this mornings spike I just had to!! I know it's feint which it would be at 10dpo right? But it's there though right?!! I don't have line eyes do I?

https://i42.tinypic.com/jhd769.jpg

will do an fmu tomorrow and if it's still there I might crack holly out!!

will do an fmu tomorrow and if it's still there I might crack holly out!!

Am so excited for you ,I had a massive dip yesterday too and I thought I was heading for an early af ,best of luck to you lovely ,keeping u in my prayers ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Miss C, I see a line, but please guard your heart - remember your post about early tests... BUT I SEE A LINE!!!!!!!!!!! x

Oh sweetheart Reb yes I know, I never follow my own advice!!!!

I couldn't see it on FB Miss_C but I definately see it here. Fingers crossed it's a sticker.

:happydance::happydance: I def see a line...I still don't rate FRER's for giving super lines early on...think mine at 11dpo looked a bit like that....C'MON STICKY BEAN!!!!! :hugs:

everything crossed for miss c x

Another question (you can tell I am new at temping!) So..... you start temping first day of period all well and good by day 3 temperature drops noticeably on chart - why is this? is it normal, does it stay reasonably static until ovulation???

thanks, thanks, thanks :)

gaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back