TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Welcome, Garfie! You sure haven't - there are lots of success stories on this thread of gals even older than you!
Hope all are well.
AFM - fingers crossed that I can wait till Tuesday for blastocyst transfer - otherwise it's off to the unit tomorrow to get embies put back in x

Welcome garfie good luck ttc
I'm gonna be 41 in aug also

Hi ladies thanks for the welcome - I'm finding my way round bnb and have joined a few of the forums now (always good to have different perspectives don't you agree?)

PDMC- Thanks for the welcome I also got married in August so that is quite a busy month for me - what did you do for your 40th anything special?

REB S - Thanks for the welcome that gives me hope - the nurse at my Doctors surgery told me the oldest woman on her books (so far) is pregnant at 47!!

BUTTERFLY - Thanks for the welcome I'm sure I haven't but you can't help feeling disappointed month after month when the :witch:shows.

AFM - I am still drinking grapefruit juice and after 2 LOWS on monitor I have gone to HIGH (cd8) Let's hope I reach a PEAK this month.

:hugs: to all you nice ladies

X

Yey!!! My embies have made it. Going for blastocyst transfer tuesday. 2 x 8 cells, grade 1; 2 x 7 cells grade 1; 1 x 7 cell grade 2 and one little 5 cell. Not bad for an old gal and her older OH!!! x

Yey!!! My embies have made it. Going for blastocyst transfer tuesday. 2 x 8 cells, grade 1; 2 x 7 cells grade 1; 1 x 7 cell grade 2 and one little 5 cell. Not bad for an old gal and her older OH!!! x

Wow that is brill Reb :happydance:, how many are you going to put back in?! :flower:

hmm. Will leave it up to the embryologist. We told her we don't want twins. I know lots of IVF'ers do, but they're nuts! Especially at our age. For blastocyst transfer it's either 2, or 1: depends. Argh, next decision!

Delighted :thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs:

That is awesome. F*%^ing 'A' - excuse my language but I'm really excited for you.:thumbup: Gosh, roll on Tuesday in fact roll on the 2ww. :wohoo:

Hey again -followed the link to the vintage club -thank you ! I had 5 good enough to freeze - out of flipping 12 so ther is age for you but hey it only tKes one. None to freeze as I had 4!!! Put back as my previous 3 failed rounds all had the same put back. Only diff this time was assisted hatching added to the mix. Now there is a hell of a good twin risk if there ever was one... Xx

Wow, Bambine - that's a lot of embies! Last time we were advised to put 2 in so we did. One took, but not for long, poor Ben xxx
We'll see how good the blasts are - the blast chance for the last chance!!!
Hoping everyone's had a good weekend enjoying cold but sunny weather, the last for a while, I fear, rain on the way. x

Thanks Glowie! How's it going, new Mum?! Getting any sleep? Is he feeding well? I hope you're doing well x

Oh My just read 6 SIX pages of posts, teach me to take a weekend off!!

Rebs OMG you go girl. keeping everything crossed for some nice strong results and transfer on Tuesday.

Nise big choice and decision - hubby and I have talked about it regardless of ttc though. We discussed adopting an older child ie the one we would have had if we had met earlier etc but cos of our age we don't qualify for adoption and because we have been pregnant and ttc etc in last 5 years they still exclude you! Nuts I say if there are children out there that need homes. They did tell us we could be considered for fostering but that is not what we are interested in at all and I couldn't do it.

Welcome to the newbies!! Had my first at 40 and I turn 44 in a couple of weeks with no2 - Ziggy is due mid July! So no talk of boats sailing etc!! :)

Hugs and waves to everyone. I am off to do some frantic clicking on the computer - Prince tickets on sale this AM

Thanks Reb it's going great! Jacob is such a good baby...feel VERY lucky! He's feeding well and sleeping 3-4 hours at a time so I'm taking that while I can get it as it might all change tomorrow! :winkwink:

Hi!!

Miss C - thanks you give me inspiration to keep going as I'm really starting to believe that hitting the magic 4 0 means it'll never happen. Others who are 35-40 seem to be okay getting a BFP, maybe it's just me! :shrug::haha:

Reb - great IVF news!! Good luck tomorrow, got everything Xed for you!

Glowie - gorgeous boy! :cloud9: Congratulations!! :happydance:

Everyone, big hugs all round :hugs::hugs::hugs:

MISS - C - It just seems like it will never happen, people telling me I should be grateful for the two I've got (which of course I am) but I feel just one more will complete the family (especially a girl :winkwink:). You are a shining example that it can be done - July not long to go now how are you feeling?:cloud9:

JAX - Hi there I have passed the 40 stage but I am remaining optimistic now and have changed my MOOD from LONELY to FINE now I am able to talk about my feelings. How long have you been trying?

GLOWIE - How cute is he big hugs he carries on sleeping and eating well :hugs:

To all the other ladies I understand nothing about transfers, embies it's all a foreign language to me so can someone explain?

X

Welcome Garfie :hi:

Reb , great news, have everything crossed for Tuesday and the 2WW.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back