TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Dear Spoomie, thank you so much xxx
Nise - I know someone of 48 who just adopted an 18 month old - she was pretty surprised, but it happened. I also have some friends who adopted a 2 year old from China and he has settled in beautifully. It's a huge thing to do, but then again - so is having a baby! xx

Nise,

Like Reb I have friends who have FOUR adopted daughters from China and their lives are so so rich. I distinctly recall her saying to me once (after several IVF attempts) that she was actually pleased she had been unable to have children in the end because after seeing the children in the orphanages she realised that the scale was more massive than she could've imagined and what they were doing was so so important. I recall thinking at the time that her attitude was amazingly selfless. I know you are not planning to go to China and that your current situation is much closer to home, in fact in your own extended family, but it doesn't detract from the fact that adoption is amazing; it is dammed difficult I'm sure, but also rewarding and fulfilling and gives a child another shot at a good life :hugs:

Reb ,just wanted to wish u lots of luck and send u massive hugs and prayers for today ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Not great news, ladies - 4 embies still going, none have made it past morula stage yet, so no blastocysts. Could happen this afternoon, so they're going to have another look at 1pm; if no change they'll look again tomorrow and see if one has made it, or else there may be nothing left to transfer. Keep EVERYTHING crossed for our last chance, please my friends x

Reb, I'm crossing absolutely everything I've got for good news for you :flower: Please little embies be good :hugs::hugs:

Oh Reb I also have everything crossed and hope those embies grow [-o<

I heard that it was very expensive to adopt from China but if anyone has any info to the contrary I would love to hear about it :flower:

Fingers crossed for you Reb, hope there is at least one to transfer.

Yes we must be cycle buddies Garfie....we can pass the 2WW together.

Thanks Nise....hope we do bring something else back from our few days away.
We definatley would n't be calling a child after the country house we are staying in. It's noting lovely and romantic like Paris. (I met someone called Paris once...she was Iranian and I think she said Paris meant beautiful in Persian).

Just getting a cold sore this morning....madly applying the cream so hope i got it in time. why do these things have to come just before you go away for a romantic few days?

Not great news, ladies - 4 embies still going, none have made it past morula stage yet, so no blastocysts. Could happen this afternoon, so they're going to have another look at 1pm; if no change they'll look again tomorrow and see if one has made it, or else there may be nothing left to transfer. Keep EVERYTHING crossed for our last chance, please my friends x

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::hug::hug::hug::hug:

We're on! 2 embies have started to go for blastocyst, so they're going back into Mummy at 3! x

We're on! 2 embies have started to go for blastocyst, so they're going back into Mummy at 3! x

Oh my goodness, so very exciting. 2 going in? So possible twins, eek!!

Think of you this afternoon. It's fab how following your journey is refreshing my own attitude. ATM I'm in a guitar shop with my musician hubby, so as I sit here on couch I'm going to say a wee prayer for you & embies xxx

Reb fx'd and toes
Hoping for a baby or two for you both

REB - Fingers crossed for you - so does this mean the chance of twins? (As I said I know nothing of these procedures).

PIPPI - Woohoo cycle buddies.:happydance:

AFM - I've been at the hospital today I have to have a colposcopy next month (any one had one done?) also asked the doc what the chances were of me getting help if I can't conceive naturally he said probably not on the NHS due to my age and also the fact I have two already :cry:

:hugs:

X

Thinking of you Reb. Hope the transfer went ok

Garfie.. I did not have full colonscopy... Just Lower bit. worst part was the prep the evening before... Drinking that horrible stuff and all the sitting on the loo.
Still not half as bad as experiencing a mc if that's any comparision.

I got it done in Sweden( lived there then) and not given any pain relief but think on the nhs u won't feel a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->