TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi Alexp and all

Thanks for sharing your story and journey. It brought a lump to my throat and I got all choked up, remembering our baby angel. I'm sorry to hear your first husband treated you the way he did re a memorial and glad you found your own way to honour the memory of your baby angel. I'm not allowed to post links yet until I have ten posts under my belt and will share when I've reached my 10 post quota.

When DH and I got pregnant the first time after 15 months of unprotected sex, we had given up by the time we got pregnant ie weren't planning anymore and it just happened and it took us by complete surprise. We had been to a tantra weekend and only had sex like twice in two weeks before I ovulated.

My BBT was down today which I felt upset about though not sure if it was a real and valid reading as we went to bed early and I got up when the clock on the wall said 1am, thinking ok I have till 5am to sleep to take my BBT, then went back to sleep and when I woke up again the clock on the wall said 2am and then it said 2.20am when I looked again. By this time I was tossing and turning and couldn't sleep so I took my BBT and it was low. Then my 5am BBT alarm went off and I realised the clock on the wall was some 2 hours behind; and I'm not sure if I woke up and took my BBT within an hour of getting out of bed; and not sure if the temperature was valid.

Having said all that, I took two tests today and they are still BFNs. I am on Day 29; which is technically either on time or a day early to test; so there's perhaps hope left; unless my BBT continues to drop tomorrow in which case then AF is definitely on her way.

I however do feel pregnant (and wondering if my mind and body are playing tricks on me as it has done in the past). I feel like my period is coming, which I don't usually feel when my period is coming as it just turns up unexpectedly; and my stomach is very sensitive. It's the sensation of feeling your period is here already and I'm already in my flow and my stomach tingles. That is the sensation I'm feeling most of the time which makes me feel I have to be pregnant as that's how I felt when I was pregnant before throughout the pregnancy until then one day it stopped and I didn't feel pregnant (I wonder if it was around the 8 week mark when the baby died inside me). I'm just totally confused and just having to ride out the storm and wait and see what happens over the next few days. The next one to three days should be interesting as last month I was 2 days late ie AF came on D32. Usually my AF arrives on D29.

It would have been so nice to be pregnant this time round as we'd have our first scan just before Christmas. Hubby has six children with his ex wife (yup six as she used him as a sperm donor to have the kids to keep him in the marriage as he loves kids) ranging from 5 years to 20 years of age and who refuses to let him see the 5 kids who are still living with her (as she knows this hurts him where it hurts the most); though we recently after 15 months fighting with the Courts have got a Court Order for him to see his 5 year old son for an hour every fortnight with a view to a longer visit in 3 months. For us to have a child of our own would mean so much as his other kids have been alienated against him and he'll probably never see them till they leave home and are away from their mother's influence.

I'm glad I found this forum as it's nice to be able to share with those over 40 and be inspired :hugs:

Baby dust to all ^i^

Good luck, hun! You've gone through a lot and deserve some happiness and luck, you know :hugs:

I had the same thing happen to me last month - in fact i ov'd 2 days late AND my lp went over by 2 days o went from 29 days to 33!! Go figure, lol! Anywhoo, im hoping wishing and praying, you know.

All the best!

Omi xxx

Good luck, hun! You've gone through a lot and deserve some happiness and luck, you know :hugs:

I had the same thing happen to me last month - in fact i ov'd 2 days late AND my lp went over by 2 days o went from 29 days to 33!! Go figure, lol! Anywhoo, im hoping wishing and praying, you know.

All the best!

Omi xxx

Hi Omi

Thx :) I'm still clinging on to a little hope left for the next 24-72 hours that I'll get a BFP; though also am realistic and know AF could pop her head through any minute.

I've had months where I've been so sure I'm pregnant that when the stick says BFN, I've been in shock. Then I slowly learned more about ovulation days, reading BBT's, and still in the learning process even though we've been trying (started off just by unprotected sex; then we gave up trying and got pregnant!, then miscarried and then after recovering a little, I started using ovulation sticks to help and now for 2 months have been using Yes Baby; and hoping it's worked though not sure).

My stomach really aches ie like my period is here and has been like this for days now; and I've gone off chocolate (very unusual as I usually want chocolate just before my period) for the past week or so. It could all be in my mind cos of seeing the high BBT's though is my mind really that powerful? Surely not as I've never gone off chocolate before even when I have thought I was pregnant.

I wonder if this is another long list of things to add to the false alarms for me (sighs).

Baby dust & glue to all ^i^ :yellow:

All the best!

Omi xxx

p/s Omi, I meant to say I'm sorry to hear it happened to you last month. Where are you in your cycle now?

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Justmenewmum & 40's gal & others interested

The positive about getting caught in your 40;s

I lost two stone , started walking an hour a day to get fit, gave up on the baby idea as we had a Grandson (D-in-L seriously ill when he was 9wks old) whom we looked after for months. Then low and behold we got caught. It was a total shock and unexpected. With my unlucky and rare history of reacurrent MMC and fibroids too, my DH had a reversal done 5 years ago and two years ago they said the sperm count had dropped low. He also has a heart problem where his tablets cause erectional problems.
I have had a bleed at 8.5 weeks with this preganancy, lasting for weeks this turned out to be a twin sac, so look at it this way. That means two sacs , two eggs and TWO low sperms getting there. How superb was that !:thumbup:

So never give up as we prove Miracles do happen. Its not about the MMC but the fact I got caught three times in my forties. Once being twins :thumbup: So good luck to all on here and I wish you lots of success at becomong new mummies

40's gal
I got caught after three months after each lost pregnancy (except the this one) my cycle was back to normal almost immediately.

justnewmum
I carried one of mine until 22 weeks and it had died at 16 weeks I had no idea it had gone. Didnt feel ill a blood test came back high so they told me it was twins and left me. It was at 22 week scan that picked up dead baby. I did notice apattern however. With the three children I have from my first marriage I felt nauseus the whole way through the pregnancies(this one is same as those) The others I felt like I had flu symtoms at 3pm onwards
My first EX husband denies having a baby girl buried in the churchyard so wouldnt let me have a plaque put there (cost). He went to play football whle I was in labour 17hrs. Mentally I have suffered and am not embarrassed to admit I self harmed. I blamed myself for killing my babies. Then two years ago I had a beautiful tattoo on my lower back as my rememberance to them. Sounds morbid but it stopped my SH. I will put link if you want to see.

As promised, this is the Memorial Stone that we got for our Angel Baby :angel:

https://www.alexandrasangelgifts.co.uk/images/products/01650bell01.jpg

Thats beautiful !:flower:

What a lovely stone. My now DH said he would pay for a name plaque on the babys grave but I begrudge having ex's surname on it. :nope:

Good luck with your TTC girls- will update again later xx

Tattoo was designed in Bulgaria where I had it done. (the top of my butt is now on show in his studio mind)

hi everyone:flower: im 43 and ttc baby number 10. some people think im mad..lol. thought maybe id be accepted here :thumbup:...good luck everyone xxx

Hi sunbeam and welcome. Course you are accepted. Wow what are the ages of you 10!!! In any order lol. Ascending or descending hehe

thanks missy moo, my children are 23,21,17,11,10,6,5,3 and 8months...i am so lucky...

Wow how wonderful. Do the older ones still live at home?

Wowsers! 10!
I'm exhausted for you. :)

I'm a step mother to twin daughters, that are a blast. But 10! You are a rare and special woman! :D

JMNM, very pretty and special remembrance stone. Hugs!

Temperature dropped drastically this morning and my heart dropped. I was so sure I was pregnant. Oh well. :af: arrived or rather I started spotting early afternoon and there's me clinging to hope it'll just be spotting and ha ha nothing else though that's just the mind playing tricks and clinging on to hope and being in denial! So it's a two week wait then now till I ovulate again.

I felt frustrated and fed up this morning and thought that's it, no more ovulation sticks, tests, planning, Yes Baby fertility lubricant etc, and let's just get on with our lives, enjoy ourselves and just make love like normal people instead of planning a baby and roughly when I'm ovulating make love every other day and if it happens, then it's good and if it doesn't then at least we're enjoying life and not constantly going up and down and up and down each month with lumps in my throat most times.

It's probably a phase and will pass ... :growlmad:

JMNM, nothing wrong with trying a new tactic. You just never know, which is so frustrating. Sorry about the bad news. Hugs!

I should add, I'm such a cheapskate, I won't buy all that tracking stuff. I'm afraid it would make me crazy. I didn't want to go get another HPT today (got an expensive one), but the witch is 4 days late, my guess though, she's just on vacation, and don't feel pregnant at all. D*** witch!

Took the test and it says no. So will just wait for the witch. Now I can go out on Sat for margaritas with no guilt. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->